Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
How are you determining your weight lost?

Just curious how others figure their total amt of weight lost? Weekly average? Lowest weight seen? I know PJ calculates an average. I haven't been but I think that may be the way to go. Whenever hit a new low number I have been considering that my new weight and then when I go up for a few days I have been considering that a gain and I work at losing my "gain." Am I the only one that does that?
dee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Since weight is never stationary, even during the times when we aren't paying any attention to it, it doesn't make much sense to focus only on a single number on a scale and use that number to believe you are gaining or losing, when that gain or loss represents so very much more in our daily lives than just loss of body fat.

Many of us have come to the thought that weighing daily, each morning first thing, empty, and recording that number, is a very logical way to track our weight, and then we average out our week to get the average for that week.

We can compare the averages of all weeks to see ourselves going down, down, down in weight, and that really does reflect the overall loss of fat.

A high and low for the week can show us how much fluctuations of water weight can affect the scale reading, but to focus only on a high or a low means we might be missing the true story of what is happening - or not happening - with our diet.

So I go by the average of each week, compared to the average of the weeks before.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I do about the same as you. When I see a new low 2-3 times, I claim it. I always gain before TOM so I dont count that gain. Unless the gain comes when it shouldnt of, then I suck it up and post that too!

I personally depend on the tape measurer. I measure weekly on saturdays and thats more or less what I am basing my losses on! Only because I can drop 4 inches and never see the scale move for weeks!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote