Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ghostface
does anyone do vegetarian/vegan JUDDD?

I just watched forks over knives and it blew my mind. not wanting to fire up a meat/plant discussion. Just wondering if anyone does it as I'm not sure i've seen it discussed by anyone in juddd forum.
ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2012, 12:41 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
I do
I've been vegetarian (outside of home) and vegan (when i cook myself) for 2 years now and I do JUDDD the vege way. It works perfectly, I actually think it's easier than regular JUDDD as i'm used to eating a lot of veggies that are perfect for DDs !
If you have any question, don't hesitate !
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Not deliberately. But I have noticed now that I can eat whatever I want, I tend to fall into vegetarian or piscatarian eating patterns.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Sadly, I was playing around with more vegetarian options before my thyroid decided to stop cooperating. Now I can't have soy, and many other raw vegetables, so I still eat very little meat on DDs, but plenty on UDs.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #5

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Perhaps nickicaps will pop in. I think she's not doing JUDDD right now, but clean eating. She's done JUDDD as a raw vegan.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #6

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I eat a whole lot of vegetables and fruit, and quite a bit of grain too, but I'm not remotely either vegetarian or vegan. The soy foods and many of the uncooked vegetables greatly interfere with thyroid function, and a sluggish thyroid is partially behind the overweight problems many of us here have, so really counter-productive for weight loss for some of us!

So I eat a ton of broccoli and cauliflower, for example, but always cooked. And I avoid buying soy as a large component in any foodstuffs, so certainly not soy milk or soy burgers, etc. I make do with just small amounts of soy lecthin or soy oil in the very few commercially processed products that I buy, always trying to avoid it in my diet as much as possible!

For those whose bodies tolerate soy and raw veggies, who don't have any low thyroid, etc. we have several vegans/vegetarians here, and an entire forum for that way of eating at LCF, so I know you'll find company and support. Good luck with your way of eating.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Acor
Stats: 160/128/115 5'2
My partner is vegetarian and he's following JUDDD and doing great. -15 pounds in 4 weeks and he was only about 20 pounds overweight. It's been very easy for him.
Acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
Hey ladies! Yes, funny to run across this thread as I was doing a 3 week Clean Program (Dr. Junger) and just started a JUDDD reset today (UD)

I follow a mostly raw vegan diet and I find it is very easy on JUDDD. I think *any* plan is easier on JUDDD but especially vegan bc there are so many low cal plant foods to incorporate.

Here is a sample UD to give you an idea (2000 calories)

Breakfast:
smoothie with spinach, protein powder, pineapple, and coconut water

Lunch:
Chipotle black beans, brown rice, guacamole, corn, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, and salsa

Snack:
Dried Mangoes

Dinner:
brown rice pasta with pesto, kale, nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes
Large salad

It's easy even to eat out and be a vegan on JUDDD. I showed more of a cooked food vegan day but you can do what I do an increase the raw veggies. On DD I only plan on consuming 400 calories worth of green juice to continue with my detox plans and also give my digestive system a rest.

Feel free to message me any time if you need advice. I have been vegan for 13 years and I have learned all of the tricks of the trade!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Nickicaps! Love the avi!

That sounds like really good eating to me!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
I think one of the strengths of JUDDD is that it is a calorie-cycling framework, within which you can choose whatever eating plan works best for your schedule, tastes, and needs.

Low-carb? no problem. Vegan? Easily done. Gluten-free? Yes. Low-fat/whole-grain? Sure, why not? Cabbage soup diet? Sure, if you really insist (though I won't promise not to snicker up my sleeve when you post about how boring your food is...)
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
Thanks Nancy! And yes, I really feel that JUDDD is adaptable to any lifestyle. I could have totally worked it into the Clean Program but it was too overwhelming for me. I wanted to first tackle my cravings and toxic triggers before I also restricted calories.

Last edited by nickicaps; 07-23-2012 at 08:28 AM..
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: September 10, 2014
I was a vegetarian for 4 years before my first kiddo was born (he just turned 18!), I am a vegetarian by nature, I eat and LOVE tons of veggies and very little meat. I was doing Atkins before my first go at JUDDD and turned into a grumpy, gripey, b$*chy, moody, cuss, my husband always said I was semi grumpy as a vegetarian but was a super grump while on Atkins. I'm now 80% meatless and could really go all the way. I keep seeing Forks Over Knives on On Demand and may give it a go tomorrow, but will probably have nightmares if they show any killing or close to killing scenes (I grew up on a farm and never liked that aspect of it!!).

Exercise 4x per week.
Drink more water (80+ oz per day)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ghostface
no becky, no animal treatment horror stories. i sorta expected that kinda over the top peta type of stuff when starting it out of boredom, but it wasn't that at all. that's what i thought was interesting about forks over knives and really appealing, i don't respond to that type of propaganda at all. it was about a bunch of research a few docs have done over decades regarding human health issues that they think may be linked to eating animal proteins/animal based products. none of that crazy animal rights stuff you see sometimes. it's safe and from your post, i think you'd like it.
ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: September 10, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface View Post
no becky, no animal treatment horror stories. i sorta expected that kinda over the top peta type of stuff when starting it out of boredom, but it wasn't that at all. that's what i thought was interesting about forks over knives and really appealing, i don't respond to that type of propaganda at all. it was about a bunch of research a few docs have done over decades regarding human health issues that they think may be linked to eating animal proteins/animal based products. none of that crazy animal rights stuff you see sometimes. it's safe and from your post, i think you'd like it.
Okay, I'll check it out, I just can't stand some of the things I have seen, and read when I was a hardcore vege-head, I was PETA all the way. I still read some pretty gross stuff about the meat industry probably unconsciously so I appreciate where what I'm eating comes from (beautiful formerly live animals). I adore all animals so technically I should probably be a vegan....
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:41 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Wow I just saw this and found it very interesting.

Becky did you watch the movie? If so what did you think?

I was a veg for 6 yrs, then became gluten intolerent, and fell back on meat. I think about giving it up sometimes. But my family eats meat, and I'm always cooking it.

Just wondered if you liked the movie. Thanks.

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshinegirl44
Stats: 339/298/115
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
I have not been able to commit to LC or vegan, but I do pretty well sticking to a vegetarian diet and keep track of my calories . I would not say I am a 100% because I do get those meat cravings, but they don't come that often as long as I can have my eggs and cheese. I do go vegan as much as possible though. Maybe someday I will be 100% I am trying. That is what I love about this WOE, it leaves all avenues open. There are so many good arguments with to eat meat or not to eat meat . I think you have to do what you feel in your heart is the right way for you . I am still experimenting though with going all in vegan, thanks for your post it has given me something to think about I have heard a lot of good things about Forks Over Knives, how did it help you? This is something I am interested in myself.
Sunshinegirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote