Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: laceylady
Stats: 16w(190)/size 14(175)/size 12
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012/restart May 2013
I've made a decision...

I have been "hoarding" my large sized clothes, just in case I put the weight back on. And I've used them over, and over again. This morning I went through my closet and drawers, as well as boxes of jeans, and decided they are all going into my garage sale box. They will be put out and if not sold, then to Goodwill. I now have one box of my next-lower size to get into (12s). I've got the 18s, and some 16s ready to be priced! I tried-on the rest of my 14s, and they are now in the wash to be ready to wear. I feel really good about this! I've now lost 43 pounds since January and have no intention of going back up -- EVER!
laceylady is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceylady View Post
I have been "hoarding" my large sized clothes, just in case I put the weight back on. And I've used them over, and over again. This morning I went through my closet and drawers, as well as boxes of jeans, and decided they are all going into my garage sale box. They will be put out and if not sold, then to Goodwill. I now have one box of my next-lower size to get into (12s). I've got the 18s, and some 16s ready to be priced! I tried-on the rest of my 14s, and they are now in the wash to be ready to wear. I feel really good about this! I've now lost 43 pounds since January and have no intention of going back up -- EVER!
I am 100% behind you in this decision. I think the worst mistake we can make it to hang onto the larger sizes of clothing we used to wear, in case we get heavier again and need these garments again. WHAT? What a mindset!!! Not a good way of thinking to go into the period of more weight loss perhaps, or maintenance for the rest of our lives. We need to be 1,000% of the mindset that we will NEVER need those large sizes again.

Good to know that if the waistbands on your current jeans are feeling a bit snug, it's time to tighten up on your maintenance level of calories (or carbs, if that's your gauge), rather than just have the ease of reaching back into your closet for the next size UP. Having the larger sizes on hand, just waiting for us to get large again, lets us know that there will always be something to wear.. when we need to know that there is nothing in there to wear, and it's time to lose a few pounds again instead!!

Good luck with your sale of these clothes. I applaud your decision.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: Low Carb ala JUDDD
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Yay for you! Enjoy the "new" clothes!

Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Vikki80
Stats: 253/172.5/154
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: May 12
I've got all my too big clothes in a bag ready to put up in the attic but I think after reading this thread I will take them to the clothes bank. It's so right, we shouldn't have the mindset 'what if I get big again'!
I will NOT put that weight back on again. Especially with juddd.
Vikki80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki80 View Post
I've got all my too big clothes in a bag ready to put up in the attic but I think after reading this thread I will take them to the clothes bank. It's so right, we shouldn't have the mindset 'what if I get big again'!
I will NOT put that weight back on again. Especially with juddd.
Good for you, Vikki! Why waste perfectly good clothing that could be of use to somebody who needs that size right now? You're not ever going to be that size again. Right? Right?

Yes, I know and understand that once we've been big, it's even more of a challenge for us to remain slim, once we've attained a smaller size. I just think that, therefore, we can't ever make it easy for ourselves to fall back into old habits of eating, and fall back into wearing larger sizes for the comfort those larger sizes give us if our waistbands are growing a bit tight and uncomfortable.

I try to keep telling myself that there ARE no larger sizes in my closet (or up in the attic) and it's necessary to do something NOW to get those few creeping pounds back off again, fast!

I know my lazy self. If I know I have *fall back* clothes in larger comfortable sizes readily available within my own home, just waiting for me, , I'll allow myself to fall back into them. I don't ever want to be that fat again.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Vikki80
Stats: 253/172.5/154
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: May 12
Yes exactly. If you have no big clothes to easily fall back on when you start to feel those pounds creep back on, you have to do something about it immediately. And I think a few good down days is a much better option than having to spend the money on larger sizes! Plus how disheartening would it be knowing all the hard work we put in losing the weight in the first place was in vain.
Vikki80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
LOVE THIs! I just did the same!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NonnyK
Stats: 5" 1' Goal 130-- My Fitness Pal Username: NonnyK
WOE: JUDDDer
Start Date: 06/7/12
I also just did the same. There are some ladies in our church that need them more then my closet does. So good bye for good!!
NonnyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

I think we're all learning along the way. I've kept the "big clothes" because any of the other times I've lost weight, it was DIFFICULT! I think subconsciously I knew the weight I lost over the past number of years wasn't going to stay off. JUDDD is so 'doable', that I know I can keep the weight off. So, clean out the closet! Make some $$ to be able to buy new ones that fit! I love JUDDD... and all the BUDDDs that have helped me along the way! (Pat, you've been there since the beginning -- your wisdom and support are so beneficial to all of us! Thanks for everything!)
Old 07-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260-186.6-/-170-5'5/51
WOE: Grain/ Sugar free and 4:3
Good for you! Being a clothes hoarder myself I know it was hard to part with the goods...After losing over 80 pounds I had PILES of clothes tucked away in the basement, I recently gave them away too because there is NO way I am going back that size!!!
Erika1962 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceylady View Post
I think we're all learning along the way. I've kept the "big clothes" because any of the other times I've lost weight, it was DIFFICULT! I think subconsciously I knew the weight I lost over the past number of years wasn't going to stay off. JUDDD is so 'doable', that I know I can keep the weight off. So, clean out the closet! Make some $$ to be able to buy new ones that fit! I love JUDDD... and all the BUDDDs that have helped me along the way! (Pat, you've been there since the beginning -- your wisdom and support are so beneficial to all of us! Thanks for everything!)
Well, you're certainly welcome, but it's YOU who are doing this!!! You've just taken control of your eating plan and GONE WITH IT.

I think one of the big things is when we actually, truly, deeply, and honestly come to understand that we can't just eat completely freely and get slim, remain slim, live the years of our lives in slim bodies. And at that point, you (we all) basically decide one of two ways: You either are going to eat the way you want to and stay fat, or you're going to find a way to regain your health, and hopefully get slim at the same time. For myself, I came to realize that I wanted to live the remainder of my life as a slimmer woman than I had been for many years. I hated being a fat woman. I knew something had to change about the way I was eating, and with JUDDD I found the answer.

Some of us have been really, really heavy all of our lives. Others have been slim for much of our life, but gained weight after children, or once we hit menopause, etc. But the one thing we have in common is that we are now convinced that we can become slim, or remain slim, by following an eating plan.

I'm glad you're here doing JUDDD, and sharing your successful journey with the rest of us too. Your success serves to inspire us all, and helps keep us all motivated to keep going, reminds us to keep paying attention to the size of our portions, shows us that we can lose sizes and get rid of our fat clothes without fear, confident that we don't ever have to be fat again! Congratulations on all of your success so far. I think you are doing fabulously, and will have success in your loss and maintenance on JUDDD. Woo Hoo!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:43 AM   #12

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wise decision, like JUDDDing! How lucky are we?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
CONGRATULATIONS on your fantastic progress, and YES do get rid of those old clothes and pick out some cute new ones!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
on the loss.. and i too got rid of all my clothes.. I am naked now.. Nothing to wear lol.. Hard to find things that i feel comfortable in.. i am so used to hiding in baggy stuff that now when my shirts touch my body so close.. i feel fat~ Ugg,, just one more thing to work on i guess, which is a good self image Time will heal and JUDDD will make us all thin
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 175.8/163.4/140...47 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: January 1, 2014
I want to do this too!! My sister was less than amused when I offered her my size 14 shorts if she wanted them....how was I supposed to know she is still in a 16?? I'm not allowed to talk weight loss with her as she gets all grumpy and negative.

Off to Savers my clothes go!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

YAY! It truly is a good feeling to know they aren't lurking, tempting us to use them again!!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I want to do this too!! My sister was less than amused when I offered her my size 14 shorts if she wanted them....how was I supposed to know she is still in a 16?? I'm not allowed to talk weight loss with her as she gets all grumpy and negative.

.. I am sorry but this stuck a cord with me as funny.. I guess its cuz i have a sister also. and i can imagine trying to give her my old fat clothes which are to small for her lol.. (love her dearly) but still funny~
(its that sibling rivalry thing ya know)

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 07-24-2012 at 11:28 AM..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post

Yay for Becky! I agree about being sensitive when passing the clothes on.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 175.8/163.4/140...47 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: January 1, 2014
Funny thing is she always passed her clothes to me....before she gained a bunch of weight, I was just trying to be nice and the last time we discussed clothes she was a 14. Our list of no-no subjects keeps growing, what my kids eat (she thinks I need to stuff fruit down their throats), where her kids sleep (11 in my opinion is too old to sleep with mom and dad and bed hopping in the middle of the night is setting the kids up for sleeping issues when they are adults) and now weight loss....
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote