Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
It's Friday and a DD ~ What are you eating?

MD for me, so I posted in the UD thread.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2012, 05:43 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/168/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
L: 2 eggs and 0% Fage (240)
D: chicken mango salad (400)
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
DD
B - coffee with HWC
L - egg/eggs
D - egg/eggs
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WillBeSkinnyMom
Stats: 157/138/125
Start Date: LC 6/4/12 JUDDD 7/18/12
B: coffee with 2 tbl creamer...75 calories
L: hopefully fast through it
D: a little cheese, egg whites and anything else I can fit in for 300 calories!
WillBeSkinnyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #5

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Breakfast will be 2 mugs of coffee and 2 oz half & half cream

Lunch is an experiment: I'm going to spread two Magic Pop discs with two Laughing Cow lite cheese wedges, then sprinkle them over with minced fresh garlic, finely chopped onion, chopped tomato, and chopped fresh basil, sprinkle with a bit of salt... sort of a take-off on bruschetta but without any olive oil today...

I'll have one of these at midday for lunch, and another mid-afternoon for a *tide-me-over* snack.

According to ******, all the above will be only 200 calories, which will leave a lot of cals left for supper and evening.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #6

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Breakfast will be 2 mugs of coffee and 2 oz half & half cream

Lunch is an experiment: I'm going to spread two Magic Pop discs with two Laughing Cow lite cheese wedges, then sprinkle them over with minced fresh garlic, finely chopped onion, chopped tomato, and chopped fresh basil, sprinkle with a bit of salt... sort of a take-off on bruschetta but without any olive oil today...

I'll have one of these at midday for lunch, and another mid-afternoon for a *tide-me-over* snack.

According to ******, all the above will be only 200 calories, which will leave a lot of cals left for supper and evening.
I do something similar with Suzie's Thin Cakes and LC cheese. It's good and surprisingly filling.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Vikki80
Stats: 253/172.5/154
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: May 12
B: x
L: small fruit salad 100
D: stuffed mushrooms 250

So a few calories left for a snack later on yay!
Vikki80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: soon
Stats: restart 07
WOE: whatever works
Pat what is a magic pop disc????

DD
B: youggie 80 coffee hwc did not hold me so I had a cheese stick
L: soup
D: tuna melt
soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #9

Gallery: toomuchbooty
B: Tea, raspberries and strawberries

L: Overnight oatmeal

D: A light soup with a bit of tofu, a couple of shrimp and some cabbage.
toomuchbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
B-Coffee, out of SF chocolate syrup so 0 cal

L-Eggbeaters, 1tsp light cream cheese, 1 slice 35 calorie toast 110 cal

S-Salad with tomato, spray dressing. May add a HB egg and make it dinner.

D-180 cal Lean Cusine

Decaf in the evening
Crazy Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon View Post
Pat what is a magic pop disc????
These have finally found their way into a few of our grocery stores up here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I first heard of them from Linda (Beeb) who lives *Out East*... LOL

They are huge crispy, crunchy airy light disks, about 5-1/2 in diameter and about 1/4 inch thick. Sort of like a rice cake, but not nearly as somehow 'compressed' and without that dull cardboard-y flavorless rice cake flavor... way crisper, and ONLY 15 CALORIES PER DISK!!!!! And they actually have some variety of flavors themselves, although quite mild, so don't think of them as the part that has the flavor in whatever you're using them for. I've tried them in their natural flavor, cheddar (which I couldn't really taste much) and strawberry (which I can taste a little bit). They are light as a feather. Wonderful to have something crunchy to eat on a DD, and I've used them as a substitute for bread, crackers, crisps, chips, etc.

Ingredients are unbleached wheat flour, rice flour, tabioca starch, white corn flour, water, soy lecithin, long grain parboiled brown rice, salt, soybean oil, natural flavor, stevia. (I try to avoid soy in most foods as I am hypothyroid, but I make an exception for Magic Pops!) So the 15 calories are from almost entirely carbs, but since I don't worry about carbs at all anymore, the calories are my focus. (4 carbs per disk.) So they are basically a very tiny bit of dough mixture, and then it's SHOT out of some machine that puffs the tiny bit of dough up into this giant flat airy disk! I've seen video of them being made, and it's amazing. LOL

My favorite way of using them right now is broken into pieces, and then using the pieces to scoop up hummus or homemade spinach ranch dip made with plain yogurt instead of sour cream. Another favorite is to smear one with a wedge of lite Laughing Cow cheese. Fabulous snack for just a few calories. Another favorite is as a base for low calorie egg salad, made with only one yolk, but with three whites, some fat free Miracle Whip and yellow mustard, salt and pepper. And now today, I'm going to make a Down Day bruschetta treat with one.

They are manufactured by Delice Global, located in New Jersey. If your grocery stores aren't carrying them yet, beg and demand that they do! Although the manager of one of my local HyVee grocery stores told me they sell out the first day they get their order in, and the supplier tells them he can keep up with filling all the demand for this product!

Another thing... I'm a person who gets the munchies in the late afternoon, and again in the evening after supper. I rarely am hungry for breakfast, but those two times of my circadian rhythm are *snacky feeling* to me. That's always been a problem for me on Down Days, 'cause.. well, I have few calories to devote to snacking. LOL Now I just nibble on a Magic Pop. Nibble around and around and around the edge, nibbling it smaller and smaller and smaller, until it's all gone. There is something in my head that is just wanting to chew, and the crispy Magic Pop fills the bill. That urge started in me over a decade ago when I quit smoking, so it must be something in my brain that is still wanting the pleasure of.. not a cigarette anymore, but of.. something. This gives me something to nibble on without any calorie damage. Yay!

Look for them in your area. And if they haven't reached there yet, start asking every store manager over and over and over again, until they get them in your area! They are that valuable an addition to any diet that must be calorie-controlled. We only need to do the strong restriction on our DDs, but this is another great addition to those low calorie days for us!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CaTriGirl
WOE: hhcg
So Happy - That sounds yummy & lots of food for small amount of calories! What are magic Pop disks?

B - 2 Latte's with H&H & Vanilla Cream Stevia - (my app says H&H is 39 cals for 2 TBS but the H&H says only 20 cals for 2TBS - Looks like I get another cup of coffee! YAY!!! - 80 Cals
L - Fasting
S - Fage Yogurt w/1/4 cup Blueberries - 121 Calories
D - Taco Soup - (4 oz of xtra lean beef & 1/2 can Mexican Tomato Sauce & water) - 209 Calories

TL - 408
CaTriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
SoHappy - they're delish with Nutella, if you can "afford" it (i.e. - UD DAY ).

* Coffee with cream (twice)
* YoCheese Pudding
* Plums
Not sure what else.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/155.4/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
Quote:
These have finally found their way into a few of our grocery stores up here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I first heard of them from Linda (Beeb) who lives *Out East*... LOL

They are huge crispy, crunchy airy light disks, about 5-1/2 in diameter and about 1/4 inch thick. Sort of like a rice cake, but not nearly as somehow 'compressed' and without that dull cardboard-y flavorless rice cake flavor... way crisper, and ONLY 15 CALORIES PER DISK!!!!! And they actually have some variety of flavors themselves, although quite mild, so don't think of them as the part that has the flavor in whatever you're using them for. I've tried them in their natural flavor, cheddar (which I couldn't really taste much) and strawberry (which I can taste a little bit). They are light as a feather. Wonderful to have something crunchy to eat on a DD, and I've used them as a substitute for bread, crackers, crisps, chips, etc.
Pat, you should become a sales person for them- I am sold! I am waaaay out west, but I have a local grocery store that is really great about trying to fill requests, so I am placing an order. Can you get them on line?

I TOTALLY have that afternoon, I need something to do so I need to eat, kind of feeling. 15 cals would be awesome!

I just found them on Amazon!! Thanks for the recommendation!

Last edited by millergirl1976; 07-20-2012 at 10:15 AM..
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaTriGirl View Post
So Happy - That sounds yummy & lots of food for small amount of calories! What are magic Pop disks?
See my post just above yours. I've talked about them in post #11 here.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CaTriGirl
WOE: hhcg
Sorry about that! We must have posted at the same time!

They sound wonderful and I am hoping my stores carry them! I love all your helpful ideas! Thank you for sharing!!!
CaTriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
SoHappy - they're delish with Nutella, if you can "afford" it (i.e. - UD DAY ).

* Coffee with cream (twice)
* YoCheese Pudding
* Plums
Not sure what else.
LOL! I can see that. But, alas.. I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like Nutella. I could hardly wait to try it when I first heard about it, but there is something about the texture that bothers me.

But, even on a DD, I sometimes mix 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter with 1/2 tablespoon of the Walden Farms 0-calorie peanut spread (which is pretty much terrible by itself) and spread that on my Magic Pop, and then top it with about 1/2 tablespoon of low-sugar black current jam.

Sometimes I'm just in the mood for a great peanut butter and jelly munchy treat, and this fills the bill on a DD for only 110 calories. (Of course, on an UD, it's full-on peanut butter and plenty of jam on slabs of artisan bread, or else loaves that I make myself!

I don't have it often, but it is very yummy-nummy and satisfying when I do. Must be the memories of when I was a little girl and my mom would fix a PB&J sandwich for me.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by millergirl1976 View Post
Pat, you should become a sales person for them- I am sold! I am waaaay out west, but I have a local grocery store that is really great about trying to fill requests, so I am placing an order. Can you get them on line?

I TOTALLY have that afternoon, I need something to do so I need to eat, kind of feeling. 15 cals would be awesome!

I just found them on Amazon!! Thanks for the recommendation!
If you can buy them online, with shipping, for anywhere near a reasonable price, I think it's worth ordering them and giving this product a try. (My cost in the grocery store is $2.99 per bundle of 15 disks.)

The thing is, with this eating plan we don't have to worry at all about our Up Days. We're free. We have a calorie ceiling number to respect, but other than than.. we're not having to be on a diet at all. However we want to enjoy our days, our meals, plan our menus, is just fine with JUDDD.

But in order to enjoy the luxurious freedom of not having to be on a diet at all on those UDs, we accept and do the DDs for our weight loss, and then for our simple maintenance later, so any foods and products that add to the variety we can enjoy on our DDs, and make them fuller for us, is a welcome addition to the pantry!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
If you can buy them online, with shipping, for anywhere near a reasonable price, I think it's worth ordering them and giving this product a try. (My cost in the grocery store is $2.99 per bundle of 15 disks.)

The thing is, with this eating plan we don't have to worry at all about our Up Days. We're free. We have a calorie ceiling number to respect, but other than than.. we're not having to be on a diet at all. However we want to enjoy our days, our meals, plan our menus, is just fine with JUDDD.

But in order to enjoy the luxurious freedom of not having to be on a diet at all on those UDs, we accept and do the DDs for our weight loss, and then for our simple maintenance later, so any foods and products that add to the variety we can enjoy on our DDs, and make them fuller for us, is a welcome addition to the pantry!
Amazon has them for $17.99 for a box of 6 packs- different flavors. Shipping is $8- so just around $4 a bundle which I think is awesome! Thanks again for the reccomendation. And yes, you are so right about this way of eating. I have been enjoying the challenge of making my DDs as enjoyable as possible, and these will help!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by millergirl1976 View Post
Amazon has them for $17.99 for a box of 6 packs- different flavors. Shipping is $8- so just around $4 a bundle which I think is awesome! Thanks again for the reccomendation. And yes, you are so right about this way of eating. I have been enjoying the challenge of making my DDs as enjoyable as possible, and these will help!
Oh, absolutely! When I first started JUDDD almost two years ago, I was so hungry on DDs that I rarely held on to the 500 calories I was trying for. I didn't throw in the towel and quit trying to make the DD a low one, but it usually was quite a bit above 500 cals.

But finally I came up with a bunch of meals that were BIG on food, so I didn't have to feel any hunger pangs at all, even on my DDs, and from then on, JUDDD was a breeze!!!

I think the main thing that folks fear about trying JUDDD, or that causes them to question their decision to try it, LOL, is not getting enough food in their bellies on those Down Days to be satisfied and even.. happy! But when I'd done it for awhile, I found that if I was feeling any hunger on my DDs, it was my own fault! There were plenty of meals that were very, very ample in belly-filling mass, tasty, nutritious, and still extremely low in calories. After that, it's all a piece of cake. (Oh.. cake! Yeah, I eat that too, but that's usually saved for Up Days. )

Last edited by SoHappy; 07-20-2012 at 11:27 AM..
Old 07-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh, absolutely! When I first started JUDDD almost two years ago, I was so hungry on DDs that I rarely held one to the 500 calories I was trying for. I didn't throw in the towel and quit trying to make the DD a low one, but it usually was quite a bit above 500 cals.

But finally I came up with a bunch of meals that were BIG on food, so I didn't have to feel any hunger pangs at all, even on my DDs, and from then on, JUDDD was a breeze!!!

I think the main thing that folks fear about trying JUDDD, or that causes them to question their decision to try it, LOL, is not getting enough food in their bellies on those Down Days to be satisfied and even.. happy! But when I'd done it for awhile, I found that if I was feeling any hunger on my DDs, it was my own fault! There were plenty of meals that were very, very ample in belly-filling mass, tasty, nutritious, and still extremely low in calories. After that, it's all a piece of cake. (Oh.. cake! Yeah, I eat that too, but that's usually saved for Up Days. )
Ladies, I promise this is my last hijack of your DD menu thread. Pat, I just wanted to say, you are totally awesome. I crept over in to this forumbecause of a post of yours on the main lobby, and I could not be more thrilled with my first week and half of this WOE. Thank you so much.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #22

Quote:
..........Lunch is an experiment: I'm going to spread two Magic Pop discs with two Laughing Cow lite cheese wedges, then sprinkle them over with minced fresh garlic, finely chopped onion, chopped tomato, and chopped fresh basil, sprinkle with a bit of salt... sort of a take-off on bruschetta but without any olive oil today...

I'll have one of these at midday for lunch, and another mid-afternoon for a *tide-me-over* snack..........
Oh, my! This was goooooood. I've only had the first one, but it was fabulous. Next time I'll cut back just a smidge on the size of the garlic clove. LOL I got this head of garlic at the Farmer's Market, and it is a potent one! No vampires are going to bite my neck today!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
B - luna protein bar 180
L - smoked ham 60
S - sf jello 10
D - grilled chicken breasts w/ a little bbq sauce 250
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: laceylady
Stats: 16w(190)/size 14(175)/size 12
Start Date: Jan 2012/restart May 2013
I just finished my bag of onion flavored Magic Pop -- and discs is a great word cuz I didn't know how to refer to them. Mine were beginning to get a bit stale, so I just munched on them with a s/f flavored water. (FYI, I found them at Fred Meyer in Olympia, WA so they've made the west coast!)
laceylady is offline   Reply With Quote