Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 03:13 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mirtilla
losing weight after UD days....

Hi, I wanted to ask for an information: Having said that I am a slow loser, I noticed that I lose more weight after an UD rather then after an DD (when often I do not lose anything!) ..... isn’t strange?
mirtilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/174.8/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: August 2014
Happened to me more often than not, I also thought it was slightly strange.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:54 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Seems strange, but in fact many of us lose after UDs. I'm all over the board with it, no rhyme or reason.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Yup. Happens to me too. I just posted a 1.4 pound loss after an UD that included too much wine. Maybe its when the body feels comfortable releasing the weight, after all that food verified its no famine
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
very common. It is often a 24-48 hour period after a fast or feed day that we see the results.
I believe it is a corollary/flipside to the effect some people have of not gaining the day after a binge day (not a judddd up day though), thinking they got away with it, and then seeing a gain the second day. results both pos and neg can take a day or so to reveal themselves.
reminds me to love intermittent fasting even more...the rotation just keeps on going working that healing magic - to our benefit.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I think we only think that is strange because we have somehow got in the mindset that weight loss, as seen on the scale, happens directly and almost immediately after we overeat or under-eat.. and somehow we have come to think that happens within one day.. one 24-hour period of time passing. I suppose if our bodies had a clock and were given a schedule of how we expected this to happen, we could depend on it a little bit better. LOL

But weight loss just doesn't happen in a straight linear manner, and most often when we do a Down Day and then see our weight is down a bit on the next morning when we weigh ourselves, we don't pause to realize that it's probably just because we have very little *food* in our digestive tract at the moment. Feast on a great breakfast of a steak and eggs, toast and jam, and a couple of cups of lovely coffee with cream... and weigh yourself again. You can have gained a pound instantly!

So a full stomach or an empty gut can show up on the scale but not tell us anything about the truth of our weight loss as it's happening in the short term. If you weigh yourself each morning and then find the average of your weight that week and compare it with your average from the week before, you will most easily see that your weekly weight average goes down, down, down as the weeks pass, and that's a lot more dependable a sign than your immediate weight on the scale after a single Up or Down Day.

But no matter what, it's exciting to know that if you continue to do JUDDD correctly and accurately, you will be gradually attaining the size you are aiming for! Woo Hoo!

Last edited by SoHappy; 07-19-2012 at 07:58 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mirtilla
thanks all for your kind and wise words!!

mirtilla form Italy
mirtilla is offline   Reply With Quote