Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
? for people having success with JUDDD after LC

How long did it take for your body to adjust to the higher carbs so you could start losing weight? My DD days have been very LC, but on my UD I've been like a kid in the candy store with all the previously forbidden foods. I did much better yesterday, I did have some ice cream but no white bread, pasta or other empty starches. I'm hoping to continue with a South Beach style of JUDDD. Can anyone tell me what to expect?
Crazy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hi Jan Well for me, I started losing weight pretty much right away as long as I kept to my calorie limits. There was probably an initial little gain of water weight as I let carbs back into my life, but if I stuck to my calories, the losses came anyway. That was one of the things that was so amazing about JUDDD - that I could eat ANYTHING as long as I respected my calories, and I still lost weight.

My DD were also LC just on account of there being much less food if nothing else, and yes my early UD were carb-fests a lot of the time. But as the weeks went by I found myself gravitating toward healthier choices a lot of the time. Sometimes I think once our body gets used to the idea that no food is off limits, it calms down and goes for the nutrition.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I took a weekend off between LC and JUDDD and ate whatever I wanted. I gained 3 pounds over that weekend (water weight I'm sure) and called that new weight my JUDDD starting weight. I've lost pretty consistently since then without ever even thinking about carbs since. **I don't eat chocolate cake all day long, and am probably still "moderate" carb by most people's standards, but I don't hide from bread or pasta or oatmeal or fruit or, or, or . . .
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: juddinminime
Stats: 217 heaviest 5'9" 38yrs
WOE: lc/JUDDD
Start Date: Juddd start 1/1/12. 207/ 192.4 /159
Hi Jan for me I went from LC to JUDDD and only changed my calories. (I eat lc)
I dropped after my first DD 2lbs and it kept going from there.
juddinminime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I came to JUDD from Dukan which is LC/LF. UDs were crazy for me at first because I had a free-for-all food fest. DDs were pretty good, though. Eventually when the appetite suppressant effects kicked in, I settled down with the cravings. I took Tina's advice and if it seemed like eating a lot of carbs kicked up my cravings, I pulled back on them for a while and then introduced them slowly.

You will know what your body can handle and what it can't. Now, if I eat a ridiculous amount of carbs plus salt, the scale will jump up higher than normal. That's when I really embrace and enjoy a good DD because I can seriously retain fluid. I know it's not actual fat, though. And, I know that JUDD is forgiving.

As everyone says, respect your calories and pay attention to how different kinds of carbs affect your body. You will figure everything out and do fine.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #6

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I took around 2 weeks re introducing carbs. I was seeing a downward trend most of that time.

So happy to enjoy carbs again.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
I ate low carb/low cal January through March before starting JUDDD on April 1. So, I was already "dieting" when I found JUDDD. On the LC/LC diet I was losing some weight, but very slowly -- barely over a pound a week, for a total loss 3-month loss of 14.8 pounds.

On JUDDD I took a leap of faith and started off eating all kinds of carbs, and simply did the rotation and counted the calories. I didn't think it would work, but I sure hoped it would. Within the first week the weight started coming off much more rapidly and I lost 15 pounds just during the first month. I am still losing weight at a decent rate on JUDDD while eating any type foods/carbs.

What I found most interesting is that my calorie numbers did not change from the LC/LC diet I was doing, to the JUDDD plan I now follow. So, at least for me it is not about restricting the type of food, but rather it is all in the timing!

Wishing you much JUDDD magic!
Connie
Old 07-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tag425
Stats: 160/127/120
WOE: JUDDD since 5/12
Start Date: Hcg 4/12. JUDD 5/12
Connie, i continue to be inspired by your journey, I love seeing your wt loss scale go up,and up and up with your losses!!

Tag425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
Tomorrow will be a week on JUDDD. Hopefully I'll have a "whoosh' soon. I'm going to start tracking my calories on UD for a little while, just to make sure I'm not going way over. Some of the more carby foods are also high in calories.
Crazy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Yep, you def need to track calories on UD's too. Some people get by with it, but they are the exception, not the rule.

If we had a healthy respect for what a 'normal' portion size looked like, we most likely wouldn't be in the position of needing JUDDD (or any other weight loss plan). So, at least at the beginning for sure, weigh/measure and count calories. Many have been surprised by how off their guesstimates were, and how many calories they were really consuming.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #11

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Yep, you def need to track calories on UD's too. Some people get by with it, but they are the exception, not the rule.

If we had a healthy respect for what a 'normal' portion size looked like, we most likely wouldn't be in the position of needing JUDDD (or any other weight loss plan). So, at least at the beginning for sure, weigh/measure and count calories. Many have been surprised by how off their guesstimates were, and how many calories they were really consuming.
Very smart advice here!

I came to the conclusion that I wasn't willing to live a life that didn't include some of the carbier foods such as pumpkin or pecan pies at Thanksgiving, Christmas cookies & candies, the amazing ears of Iowa sweet corn in the summertime, and the juicy ripe peaches of August... etc. I like chocolate cake with chocolate fudge frosting. I want to be able to include ALL foods in my diet, always. All around the months of the years of my life!!!!! And that doesn't mean eating at high carb levels all the time, every day. It means eating pretty darned good most of the time, and never having to say no to anything if I want to include it.

So I just started JUDDD that way. I started eating all foods and let the chips fall where they wanted. Now, I'll admit, I did go overboard on some of the carbs I'd missed so much for a little bit on my Up Days, and I don't do that anymore, now that I can have anything at anytime. That *compulsion* and desire to cram my face with the carby stuff faded away after I finally got my brain to realize that I was never going to have to say NO to anything again in my whole entire life! Whatever I wanted could be mine, anytime. So after I got to realizing that, I found I could be very content without having to gorge myself on the carby foods.

And all of the previously lost Water Weight refilled my body, as Mother Nature designed. My body stored that fuel in my liver and in my tissues, as Mother Nature designed. I didn't worry about it. I carbed up and never looked back. And I think that took about a week, or maybe two.. I can't quite remember. It just took whatever time it took.

The one thing I did do, and I think it is what makes JUDDD so successful regardless of whether you are going to follow a low carb diet plan for the foods you choose to eat or not, is this: I weighed every single morning and tracked my weight as the days passed. At the end of every single week I figured out what my average weight was for that week. I laughed at my high weight of that week, and I was happy to see what my low weight for that week was (knowing that I'd be seeing that number again shortly) but I always went by my average weight of the week.

I compared my average weight of each week against the weeks that I had already finished, and as long as I did JUDDD accurately, I usually saw my weight going down, down, down. (After that initial period of carbing up / water weight gain.)

AND, I weighed out my food portions. I measured out my food portions. I actually was very careful, and I tracked my calories. Not just for DDs, but for most UDs too. And that was what really made the difference for me!

Good luck in your weight loss. It's a delight to know that you can eat at whatever carb level that you enjoy and do well on, be that very low carb, or low-ish carb, or moderate carb which sometimes includes some very high carb choices! LOL And regardless, you can very likely lose weight if your calorie numbers are set correctly for YOU, and if you respect those calorie numbers and adhere to them. Easy Peasy!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Very smart advice here!

I came to the conclusion that I wasn't willing to live a life that didn't include some of the carbier foods such as pumpkin or pecan pies at Thanksgiving, Christmas cookies & candies, the amazing ears of Iowa sweet corn in the summertime, and the juicy ripe peaches of August... etc. I like chocolate cake with chocolate fudge frosting. I want to be able to include ALL foods in my diet, always. All around the months of the years of my life!!!!! And that doesn't mean eating at high carb levels all the time, every day. It means eating pretty darned good most of the time, and never having to say no to anything if I want to include it.

So I just started JUDDD that way. I started eating all foods and let the chips fall where they wanted. Now, I'll admit, I did go overboard on some of the carbs I'd missed so much for a little bit on my Up Days, and I don't do that anymore, now that I can have anything at anytime. That *compulsion* and desire to cram my face with the carby stuff faded away after I finally got my brain to realize that I was never going to have to say NO to anything again in my whole entire life! Whatever I wanted could be mine, anytime. So after I got to realizing that, I found I could be very content without having to gorge myself on the carby foods.

And all of the previously lost Water Weight refilled my body, as Mother Nature designed. My body stored that fuel in my liver and in my tissues, as Mother Nature designed. I didn't worry about it. I carbed up and never looked back. And I think that took about a week, or maybe two.. I can't quite remember. It just took whatever time it took.

The one thing I did do, and I think it is what makes JUDDD so successful regardless of whether you are going to follow a low carb diet plan for the foods you choose to eat or not, is this: I weighed every single morning and tracked my weight as the days passed. At the end of every single week I figured out what my average weight was for that week. I laughed at my high weight of that week, and I was happy to see what my low weight for that week was (knowing that I'd be seeing that number again shortly) but I always went by my average weight of the week.

I compared my average weight of each week against the weeks that I had already finished, and as long as I did JUDDD accurately, I usually saw my weight going down, down, down. (After that initial period of carbing up / water weight gain.)

AND, I weighed out my food portions. I measured out my food portions. I actually was very careful, and I tracked my calories. Not just for DDs, but for most UDs too. And that was what really made the difference for me!

Good luck in your weight loss. It's a delight to know that you can eat at whatever carb level that you enjoy and do well on, be that very low carb, or low-ish carb, or moderate carb which sometimes includes some very high carb choices! LOL And regardless, you can very likely lose weight if your calorie numbers are set correctly for YOU, and if you respect those calorie numbers and adhere to them. Easy Peasy!
as always, Pat, and it's to have you come by here again. Been missing your sage advice and "seeing" you in your avatar.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote