Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Tashi
Stats: 224.2/176.4/125 5' 52 yrs. old and hypothyroid
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: 4/17/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Know what I LOVE today? That great feeling that we all win when one of us wins. Basking in that today.
Exactly!!! Every individual win feels like an awesome Group win
Tashi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
Well, the results are in. I have lost a total of 9.6 lbs since starting JUDDD fourteen days ago, which averages out to a whopping five pounds a week if I round up.

That may be my all-time fastest rate of loss on any diet before, including Fen-Phen. And I did it while going to multiple social events and eating all kinds of foods I enjoy within my calorie limits including ice cream sundaes with hot fudge, the occasional potato, and pasta.

Now, I'm not going to lie. There were some tough times, as I outlined in my one week review. I think people starting this WOE need to come prepared for the fact that those early days can be truly awful. But it does get better by an order of magnitude.

Of course, not all bodies are the same. Some don't experience hunger as pain, some of us do. Actual, physical, cramping pain. Perhaps this helps explain why some people need to lose fifty pounds and some people need to lose one-hundred and fifty. At any rate, the difference between hunger pains and hunger pangs has been demonstrated to me vividly over the course of this experiment. Sometimes I still experience irritation and hunger on down days and it's difficult to resist, but I don't experience pain anymore.

Even if I did, the rate of return on that investment is too high for me to give up on it. This has been amazing and I've had a few Down Days that were relatively easy.

Here are some things I've experienced:

Making peace with calorie counting. Sure, I don't like measuring and counting the calories of every little morsel that goes into my mouth but I'd have to be aware of calories on any diet to lose any appreciable weight. I know some people don't do this on up days, but I don't trust myself yet or my body. Me and my body have let me down before. So we're on probation! However, I'm at peace with it because I went to a luncheon this week during which I could only guess at the calories in the crudest way and it doesn't seem to have tripped me up at all. That was peaceful, to realize I could do the best I can, and it would probably be good enough.

Re-discovering Real Foods. There are some low-fat or low-carb products I eat because they are tasty and I have them around the house anyway. Carba Nada pasta is good enough to kill a pasta craving, so why not? Laughing Cow is actually delicious, so why not? Sugar Free Coconut Ice Cream is wonderful and refreshing, so why use the extra calories on the real thing? However, sometimes there is no substitute for the real thing. And I'm enjoying eating things that have been forbidden to me for years--like fruit! I worried that on up days I would go on a cookie bender and inhale donuts every meal. That hasn't happened. Instead, I've quite naturally chosen nourishing real foods, maybe with more fat than usual, or more carbs than usual, and an occasional treat. I like this. And I'm looking forward to clearing most of the Frankenfood out of my pantry.

[B]Rediscovering a Love of Cooking! Because I have been on a diet for as long as I can remember, for my whole life, I've learned to make recipes that "aren't bad" but no person in their right mind would choose to eat them for a special occasion. I'm sort of excited to have the whole culinary world open to me again. I love that there are convenient and quick dinners now available to me that we enjoy, but also that I can make some new things that my husband and my guests might cherish.
[/B]
Lower Grocery Bill. I guess that's to be expected when you're eating only half the time!

So, I'm absolutely going for another week. Then I need to figure out what I'm going to do at my convention in California and the mini-vacation after it. I'm actually terrified to do anything to screw up this progress, but I know I can't stir fry shirataki noodles on a down day in the hotel either. :P I'm going to have to go in armed with a plan.

In the meantime, you're stuck with me for a while longer, JUDDD Buds!

===
Update: I do have a few concerns, of course. Like, what am I supposed to do now? Is the 500 cal down days only for the first two weeks and now we experiment with other calorie levels? (I'm a little worried that I'm training my body that it can only lose weight on 500 calories a day so maybe that's why people go up?) On the other hand, if it ain't broke don't fix it?

I have been travelling all day and aching to read this 'chapter'.

You have had loads of great ideas on how to manage you challenges at the conference and at Disney, you will do great and as jodeeras points out, if you do gain it will go after a few good rotations.

THis strikes such a chord with me. A few months ago we had a thread where we discussed just this. To follow recipe without fear of eating some food that will throw us off plan is such a joy. Even a simple thing like grilled cheese on toast, can be so satisfying to share.

I am just so happy that JUDDD has proved itself the wonderful tool that it is yet again.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Congratulations on the wonderful progress!

You pointed out something that also brings me joy -- that the entire culinary world is once again open! Planning and entertaining have been so much fun. You will be able to find things that can be eaten "out" that can work into a DD plan, so no fears it can and will work!

I noticed in your earlier threads, and you mention here also, the rough hunger PAINS. May I be so curious to inquire if you consume diet drinks? I am asking because I spent a good deal of my life having somewhat similar responses which have now completely subsided since quitting diet pop.

Wishing you much magic!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
NoWeigh, did you just quit diet soda or all artificial sweeteners?
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Know what I LOVE today? That great feeling that we all win when one of us wins. Basking in that today.
and so true! Steph, I am so happy for you. Go and enjoy the convention. I went to St. Thomas in May for 5 days and by no means did any version of a DD. Tried to make the ocassional "good" choice, but didn't deny myself anything. I came back and with great fear and trepidation stepped on the scale... didn't gain an ounce!!!!! I know of no other "diet" where that happens.

So, now I do the happy dance for you...
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
NoWeigh, did you just quit diet soda or all artificial sweeteners?
I do drink SF liquid artificial sweetener in one cup of tea in the morning. For everything else that is sweet I opt for regular sugar versions. I do not drink any soda, diet or regular at all. I stopped drinking diet soda because I got headaches if I didn't drink quite a bit of it EVERY day. I had no expectations other than getting off of the stuff and away from that. I had no idea that decision would help me so much in losing weight. As I recall it was only a couple days after quitting that I began to notice that for the first time in many years I was not craving chocolate or sugar and that my appetite wasn't driven by extreme hunger. That made it easy to start a diet so I turned to LC/LCing in Jan. I lost a little bit, THEN found JUDDD and now losing seems fairly EASY. Anyway, it's been over six months since I left diet soda behind and I have not had cravings or that extreme hunger since. I'm pretty sure that there is a connection for me. It took me many years to at least try giving diet soda up, I just never wanted to believe that it could be a problem. For me it has been life changing....that AND finding this forum where I learned about JUDDD.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tag425
Stats: 160/127/120
WOE: JUDDD since 5/12
Start Date: Hcg 4/12. JUDD 5/12
Quote:
DITTO!!

Tag425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
and so true! Steph, I am so happy for you. Go and enjoy the convention. I went to St. Thomas in May for 5 days and by no means did any version of a DD. Tried to make the ocassional "good" choice, but didn't deny myself anything. I came back and with great fear and trepidation stepped on the scale... didn't gain an ounce!!!!! I know of no other "diet" where that happens.

So, now I do the happy dance for you...
Carly: That is a great testimony to the forgiving nature of this WOE. BTW: St Thomas was one of the places DH and I went on our honeymoon. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....beautiful Megan's Bay. I'll never forget it and we have such great photos.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #39
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
Awesome news Steph!! I am also a newbie. Just started on June 19th
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:37 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyitworks
Stats: 185/168/130 -17 Woohoo!
WOE: JUDDD (Is there any other way?)
Start Date: Restart July 2012 JUDDD. Start May 2012 Atkins
Well that was worth the wait!

Congrats Steph! I love it. I have to say this JUDDD way of eating has been a real eye opener for me. Other benefits (NSV) are control and empowerment. Which is funny I'm saying this. Read On...

This one day rotation is so helpful. I can't even express what I want to say. But let's just say I've never felt good about the diet of the moment, how long I would be able to last on it, blah, blah, blah.
JUDDD Rocks and I'm feeling so great. even after my UUAAD yesterday that I chose. I lost my mind for a minute and thought that oreo's and rice crispy treats would bring my out of my funk. I've got some husband/in my head issues. lol. oh and didn't help at all. It made me feel worse.

BTW, oreos and rice crispy treats DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT make you feel better. They make your stomach hurt, and they give you a bit of a food coma/sugar hangover. I'm over it and on the a sparkly, fresh new DD! Holly

Last edited by hollyitworks; 07-19-2012 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: forgot to add something
hollyitworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PhotoGirlTX
WOE: Atkins - induction
Start Date: 7/22/13
Quote:
Well, the results are in. I have lost a total of 9.6 lbs since starting JUDDD fourteen days ago, which averages out to a whopping five pounds a week if I round up.

That may be my all-time fastest rate of loss on any diet before, including Fen-Phen. And I did it while going to multiple social events and eating all kinds of foods I enjoy within my calorie limits including ice cream sundaes with hot fudge, the occasional potato, and pasta.

Now, I'm not going to lie. There were some tough times, as I outlined in my one week review. I think people starting this WOE need to come prepared for the fact that those early days can be truly awful. But it does get better by an order of magnitude.

Of course, not all bodies are the same. Some don't experience hunger as pain, some of us do. Actual, physical, cramping pain. Perhaps this helps explain why some people need to lose fifty pounds and some people need to lose one-hundred and fifty. At any rate, the difference between hunger pains and hunger pangs has been demonstrated to me vividly over the course of this experiment. Sometimes I still experience irritation and hunger on down days and it's difficult to resist, but I don't experience pain anymore.

Even if I did, the rate of return on that investment is too high for me to give up on it. This has been amazing and I've had a few Down Days that were relatively easy.

Here are some things I've experienced:

Making peace with calorie counting. Sure, I don't like measuring and counting the calories of every little morsel that goes into my mouth but I'd have to be aware of calories on any diet to lose any appreciable weight. I know some people don't do this on up days, but I don't trust myself yet or my body. Me and my body have let me down before. So we're on probation! However, I'm at peace with it because I went to a luncheon this week during which I could only guess at the calories in the crudest way and it doesn't seem to have tripped me up at all. That was peaceful, to realize I could do the best I can, and it would probably be good enough.

Re-discovering Real Foods. There are some low-fat or low-carb products I eat because they are tasty and I have them around the house anyway. Carba Nada pasta is good enough to kill a pasta craving, so why not? Laughing Cow is actually delicious, so why not? Sugar Free Coconut Ice Cream is wonderful and refreshing, so why use the extra calories on the real thing? However, sometimes there is no substitute for the real thing. And I'm enjoying eating things that have been forbidden to me for years--like fruit! I worried that on up days I would go on a cookie bender and inhale donuts every meal. That hasn't happened. Instead, I've quite naturally chosen nourishing real foods, maybe with more fat than usual, or more carbs than usual, and an occasional treat. I like this. And I'm looking forward to clearing most of the Frankenfood out of my pantry.

Rediscovering a Love of Cooking! Because I have been on a diet for as long as I can remember, for my whole life, I've learned to make recipes that "aren't bad" but no person in their right mind would choose to eat them for a special occasion. I'm sort of excited to have the whole culinary world open to me again. I love that there are convenient and quick dinners now available to me that we enjoy, but also that I can make some new things that my husband and my guests might cherish.

Lower Grocery Bill. I guess that's to be expected when you're eating only half the time!

So, I'm absolutely going for another week. Then I need to figure out what I'm going to do at my convention in California and the mini-vacation after it. I'm actually terrified to do anything to screw up this progress, but I know I can't stir fry shirataki noodles on a down day in the hotel either. :P I'm going to have to go in armed with a plan.

In the meantime, you're stuck with me for a while longer, JUDDD Buds!

===
Update: I do have a few concerns, of course. Like, what am I supposed to do now? Is the 500 cal down days only for the first two weeks and now we experiment with other calorie levels? (I'm a little worried that I'm training my body that it can only lose weight on 500 calories a day so maybe that's why people go up?) On the other hand, if it ain't broke don't fix it?
Such amazing success already, way to go! Thanks for sharing, I can totally relate to your bullet point thoughts. I came back to this forum a few days ago thinking I was going to start low-carbing again. After doing Atkins, WW, HCG and everything in between - losing and gaining the same 30 pounds (my poor body!), I was thrilled to run into JUDDD completely by accident, I'd never heard of it. Anyway, I'm hoping to see results on the scale like you have and so many others here!
PhotoGirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
re: DD calories-- I'd say, go to the calculator and see what you can do. My calculator wants me to do about 430 or so on DD, but I generally hang out around 500... sometimes less, sometimes 700.
The calculator also is recommending 473. I often hit that while aiming at 500 but I think if I aimed for 473 I might lose my mind. Not sure. Do you think it would be bad to stick to 500 since it's working?
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just a week ago (7/11) you posted this:
(With an implied, "I've ONLY lost 1.8lbs.")
Oh yeah, definitely! I've failed at every other diet ever, so I'm filled with cynicism. I'm always sure that this is the day JUDDD is going to stop working for me. I suppose it's going to take a while to trust.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
RAW eggplant?!?!

I love veggies, but I would never eat raw eggplant!

How was it?
Not bad! I have to say, not bad at all. It isn't very watery, so it's a nice conveyer of dip.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
For some of us, Tom and/or Ovulation can be a challenge, so a heads-up.
I'm on the alert!

Quote:
I understand about making peace with calorie counting. It was a drag at times, but it sure did work. And it made JUDDD work optimally for me. I just tried to look at it as a tool to help me get where I wanted, and eventually in maintenance I was able to start "eye-balling" portions and not really counting so strictly... finding I could get away with not counting vco, veggies, etc. And even having some FD (free days) with no counting! So just some things you might have to look forward to in the future.
I'm dubious that I will ever be able to eye-ball things appropriately, but I look forward to this magical day
Old 07-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Star123
Stats: 208/190/128 @ 5`5"
WOE: moderate LC living
Start Date: Restart 08/2014
Quote:
The calculator also is recommending 473. I often hit that while aiming at 500 but I think if I aimed for 473 I might lose my mind. Not sure. Do you think it would be bad to stick to 500 since it's working?
Stephdray » on your 9.6 lbs loss!!! Hope you don`t mind me jumping in here but (I`ve been doing JUDDD now for 3 weeks... lost 6 lbs which is wonderful) I have a question. Where do I find the calculator? I can`t seem to find it! LOL.

Thanks
Tammy

Last edited by Star123; 07-19-2012 at 01:43 PM..
Star123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
I noticed in your earlier threads, and you mention here also, the rough hunger PAINS. May I be so curious to inquire if you consume diet drinks? I am asking because I spent a good deal of my life having somewhat similar responses which have now completely subsided since quitting diet pop.
Nope, I don't touch the stuff. And I avoid anything with aspartame in it because I had a bad reaction to that once--I swear it made me anxious. I could be crazy anyway, but I don't like the taste of it and I feel unsure about it, so I just avoid it.

Can't stand Stevia, so these days the sweetener I use is Dixie Diners' Club Sugar Not, Lo Han. The only artificial sweetener I use is liquid splenda. But since starting JUDDD, if I want sugar, I pretty much just have sugar, so...
Old 07-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star123 View Post
Stephdray » on your 9.6 lbs loss!!! Hope you don`t mind me jumping in here but (I`ve been doing JUDDD now for 3 weeks... lost 6 lbs which is wonderful) I have a question. Where do I find the calculator? I can`t seem to find it! LOL.

Thanks
Tammy
Thank you thank you. And here is the calculator: <edited out>.

Ooops, I think YamYam is right below.

Last edited by stephdray; 07-19-2012 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: Don't want to fall afoul of the rules.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Tammy & Steph: I'm gonna jump in here, too, OK?

Quote:
Absolutely stick to 500 right now BECAUSE it is working! And, remember, if you need to go all the way up to maintenance level, you will still be having a DD and activating SIRT1. If you can eat more and lose, why experiment with eating less and maybe not losing?? I had 550 calories yesterday. My scale is down today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star123 View Post

Thanks
Tammy
I'm not sure if LCF rules permit us to post the link to Dr. J's site (because he is selling a supplement on his site).

However, I can tell you that if you do a Google search for Dr. Johnson's Up Day Down Day Diet, you will find it. Just use pull down menus to find out "how to do the diet" and then remember when you put your numbers in to change the kg/cm to lb/inches.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 07-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Steph: I just tried coconut sugar for the first time last week. O.M.G. it's good. Supposedly it's a 35 on the glycemic index and I wanted to try it in baking for DH because he has type II diabetes and takes metformin. I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies using coconut sugar instead of the white/brown mix the recipe calls for. I also substituted EVCoconut Oil for the softened butter. DH loves those cookies! It didn't spike his blood sugar at all. The cookies are 80 calories each. So, I was happy because they were delicious.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/146.8/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
Quote:
I think that if aiming for 500 calories makes you feel better, do it. Really, you are talking about a difference of 75 calories or 100 calories a WEEK either way.
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thank you thank you. And here is the calculator: <edited out>.

Ooops, I think YamYam is right below.
I'm not always good at keeping up on some of the changes and updates for LCF rules but I try to be.

There are some apps for keeping track of calories that used to be ok but are not any more and it has to do with their advertisers and what they sell.

But it's my understanding now that we can say if we purchased something from a certain store, but we can't give the web address or a link. And, we can also recommend a Google search.

Maybe someone can clarify this? I hope I'm right.

One of the important things to remember is that Netrition is the sponsor of LCF and if another web store is selling something you can buy from Netrition, then that would be competition.

Netrition is great because it has a flat rate of $4.95 for shipping no matter how much you buy. Their prices are great, they package shipments much better than any other on line store for supplements IMHO and after getting their stuff, I'm starting to believe I can really trust their products for health and safety.

Do I sound like a commercial?? It's really how I feel though. When someone on the JUDD forum recommends something, I just go there and they have it and it's easy to stick it in your cart. Everything stays in the cart until you are ready to check out. Even for weeks.

Ok. Shutting up now!!!

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 07-19-2012 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 07-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Tammy & Steph: I'm gonna jump in here, too, OK?

Absolutely stick to 500 right now BECAUSE it is working!

And, remember, if you need to go all the way up to maintenance level, you will still be having a DD and activating SIRT1. If you can eat more and lose, why experiment with eating less and maybe not losing?? I had 550 calories yesterday. My scale is down today.
Couldn't agree more with Yam-Yam on both bolded points.

"If it ain't broke, why fix it"?
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I'm not always good at keeping up on some of the changes and updates for LCF rules but I try to be.

There are some apps for keeping track of calories that used to be ok but are not any more and it has to do with their advertisers and what they sell.
A couple days ago, I got editted and PM'd for having mentioned my calorie counter and I had NO idea why, but I felt Very bad! Thanks for the explanation.

I also have had great experience with Netrition. I do use Amazon now only because I have Prime, but Netrition is my back up.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by millergirl1976 View Post
A couple days ago, I got editted and PM'd for having mentioned my calorie counter and I had NO idea why, but I felt Very bad! Thanks for the explanation.

I also have had great experience with Netrition. I do use Amazon now only because I have Prime, but Netrition is my back up.
Millergirl: Don't feel bad!! I'm sure we all have done that unintentionally. I felt bad and stupid last time I did it. But, I just didn't know about the change. I try to remember to check the main lower lobby because changes are sometimes posted there. Not in detail, but in general.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Couldn't agree more with Yam-Yam on both bolded points.

"If it ain't broke, why fix it"?
Completely Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by millergirl1976 View Post

Don't feel bad at all! I have done this a few times out of forgetfulness. I am so busy that it slips my mind, because I leave LCF for a while during school year and every time I come back, I get my hand slapped.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #57

Yup, happened to me too.

No problem. This site is so amazing I am only too happy to stick to any rules they set for us.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Not even remotely! I've been aiming for 500 each day since April 1st... the book says 100cal either way isn't a crisis. I shoot for 500 and if I do 370 or 490, so be it. And, which it's more rare (but today is one of those days), it's 600 or even 700, I still call it a DD.

So, to help with the mental game, go for 500. If you stop losing, make a change, but until then, ride the wave!

My own personal advice also-- don't weigh daily. I only weigh after a DD, but not each one. Maybe every other? I know if you do daily and you expect a bounce, some people are ok with that. But I can't deal with bouncing, and there's still a wee bit the way I do it, but not as much, I think.

YMMV, IMO, and all those other letters

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #59

Listen to Soren, don't believe anything you may read about her being a nut...
Old 07-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks ladies. It was especially confusing because it is a calorie counter we used to dedicate whole threads to discussing! But I totally agree with Kissa- I will comply with the rules to be able to continue posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
My own personal advice also-- don't weigh daily. I only weigh after a DD, but not each one. Maybe every other? I know if you do daily and you expect a bounce, some people are ok with that. But I can't deal with bouncing, and there's still a wee bit the way I do it, but not as much, I think.

YMMV, IMO, and all those other letters

S.
FWIW, (look more letters! ) I completely agree with this. Daily weighing has been my undoing more than once. It is so hard for me to see that scale go up when I am following a plan.