Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Separate UD/DD daily "eating" threads? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/778119-separate-ud-dd-daily-eating-threads.html)

piratejenny 07-15-2012 02:09 PM

Separate UD/DD daily "eating" threads?

How would y'all feel about having two separate "What are you eating today?" threads?

I, for one, NEVER participate or even open the threads on DDs.
I don't just get hungry or "tempted"; I literally feel a little sick to my stomach reading recipes or looking at photos of rich foods on DDs! Weird, right? :laugh:

KeirasMom 07-15-2012 03:34 PM

Either way is fine with me. :)

Whitlin' 07-15-2012 03:39 PM

Jenny, that is an interesting concept.

I have had the germ of a thought lately that my success with JUDDD is hinged upon my completely different outlook on - and mental separation of - DDs and UDs. They are, to me, like waking up on different planets! I don't live the same, eat the same or even think the same.

It's amusing to me that you are less interested in DD posts, because I am less interested in UD ones! I want to know how posters are accomplishing successful DDs, but our UDs are so varied that I find I have less "in common" reading them! I have no problems on UDs, I guess, but am open to :help: on DDs sometimes! :laugh:

The one thing I see as a drawback to two sets of threads is that some people might never run into each other :laugh: but they would see each other elsewhere.

leonak 07-15-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny (Post 15802531)
How would y'all feel about having two separate "What are you eating today?" threads?

I, for one, NEVER participate or even open the threads on DDs.
I don't just get hungry or "tempted"; I literally feel a little sick to my stomach reading recipes or looking at photos of rich foods on DDs! Weird, right? :laugh:

Sounds like a winner to me!:shake:

I too never open the thread you mentioned either!

Great idea!!:sing::heart::jumpjoy:

piratejenny 07-15-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

I want to know how posters are accomplishing successful DDs
Yep, I guess that's what I was trying to say.

I don't really need help figuring out what to eat on UDs--I don't go grocery shopping very often, so they're often planned out several days in advance, and according to what's on sale.
Also, I'm diabetic, so reading UD menus even on UDs is not always pleasant! :rolleyes:

I can use ideas on DDs (they tend to be lower carb/sugar just because most people don't have a lot of calories to work with!),
and I have a feeling it might help me stick to my calories more closely were I to post my DD menus...but, no way am I going to risk seeing someone's UD foods!!! :laugh:

PS
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitlin' (Post 15802681)
It's amusing to me that you are less interested in DD posts, because I am less interested in UD ones!

I think you may have misunderstood me...I am more interested in DD posts...and I'm trying to avoid the UD ones!!!

Tag425 07-15-2012 05:39 PM

I think that is a good idea.. I don't like to see what people are eating on their UD, when it is a DD for me..

CaTriGirl 07-15-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tag425 (Post 15802876)
I think that is a good idea.. I don't like to see what people are eating on their UD, when it is a DD for me..

Ditto!!

But I am new so don't feel like I should "vote" :)

piratejenny 07-15-2012 07:33 PM

Aw, don't worry 'bout that!!! :hugs:

cactusrose63 07-15-2012 09:41 PM

Yeah, would love to see separate DD posts. Same here, not really needing to know what people are eating on UD, I skip those posts to find the DD ones anyway, to get new ideas for having more successful DD's. Thanks for the idea. I'm in!!

piratejenny 07-15-2012 09:58 PM

Ok, so now we just need somebody who gets up earlier than me... :)

Kissa 07-16-2012 03:28 AM

And me!

FairyWren 07-16-2012 03:37 AM

Oops, i just started a new thread for today before i saw this thread - and it's an UD for me today - sorry!

I do think that's a good idea to have the two threads though - i also like to get ideas for DDs from people but i also like to see what people are eating on their UDs as well - maybe it's because i just love food! :lol:

I always find it very interesting to see the different things that people eat or can obtain in different parts of the world.

Joyjoy 07-16-2012 05:09 AM

You guys are beautiful. :heart:
This thread makes me laugh. I focus more on the DD ideas, but I love both. First, I am profoundly unimaginative when it comes to food, so I like reading everything by everybody. Second, I feel bizarrely connected to all of you, so on my DD it's almost as though another part of me is eating to her heart's content (or almost) on an UD. Which makes me feel great!
I'm happy with whatever transpires, though. I'll just read it all.
You guys are the best. :)

zipp2play 07-16-2012 05:12 AM

It matters neither to me. On DD's I actually ENJOY reading what others are having for their UD but then again, I'm ODD! :D:cool:

GrannyPants 07-16-2012 07:52 AM

Thank you, I can't look either:p

----------
Mere

sophiethecat 07-16-2012 07:56 AM

This morning I didn't see the "DD only" thread and saw that most people already posting in the daily meal thread were doing UD, so I went ahead and started a DD one: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...ou-eating.html

Here's the UD one: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...ou-eating.html

:up: Let's try it. Post away, my buds. :)

vanilla_latte 07-16-2012 10:50 AM

When I do post in the eating thread, it's when I'm on a DD. I usually eat the same things, so it's mainly for any newbies, flybys or lurkers to see. :lol:

As someone so once eloquently stated, UD's are for "anything not nailed down". :laugh: So, I never post UD menus or even really pay attention to what other's are eating.

But, I think separate threads might be helpful, especially to newbies. And flybys and lurkers. :)