Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Need help my JUDDD friends!

I'm really confused and would like to know how you think I should proceed. At the beginning of the month I got to my lowest weight of 177.0 anyway with very strait forward up a little, down more rotations. I went on a 4 day vacation shortly after. I decided to keep my rotations at least losely. Down Days were almost perfect (around 500-600) and UD's were kinda crazy and probably way over. I had added quite a few carbs back in but I really carbed out on this trip.

The problem is the weight is not coming back off in fact the last 3 DD's I have gained weight the next morning (which has never happened before)

The reason I need your help is I've changed a few things and I need you guys to help me figure out which one is causing my problems.

Before I went on vacation I was eating quite a few more carbs etc, mainly healthy. I started seriously LC again when I got back but have kept it in the proper calorie range. I don't see how this would affect me but maybe?

Secondly, I have lowered my DD calories back to what the calculator recommends 380 and have been eating at that level instead of 500 and have kept my UD's really in check perhaps even eating a little less than suggested, but not much.

Does anything stand out as something that would cause weight gain/stall?

Thanks I couldn't do this without you guys

Oh and I know about NSV, but my pants are tighter than ever so no help there.

Last edited by brewstate; 07-14-2012 at 05:47 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I would say to try back at the numbers you were using before. You may be one of those who don't come out of stress response very easily and need a few extra calories. My first thought is always to go back to what was working before you tweaked.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
What Dawn said.

And I'd add, look at sodium as a potential culprit too, along with the much hotter weather, which may require you up your water intake. Best wishes!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
Yep, try the higher calories. And like Whitlin' said, try a bit more water. I can gain 3-6 lbs after a salty or higher carb meal and it takes a while to get that off. Congratulations on sticking it out - I know it's very frustrating when you're doing everything right and the scale just doesn't move - but the pants being a little tighter leads me to suspect water weight.
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
What Dawn said.

And I'd add, look at sodium as a potential culprit too, along with the much hotter weather, which may require you up your water intake. Best wishes!
Add another vote to what Dawn suggested.

And Whitlin' is spot-on, too. Hot weather makes a real difference for me, as does too much sodium. The combination of the two especially.

Try squeezing fresh lemon into your water and see if that helps.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Do you think you might be bloated? TOM related or otherwise? I bloat up during ovulation and right before TOM. For me it's hard to know if that is the cause until after since my cycles are VERY irregular. If you are bloated try drinking fresh brewed, iced green tea with lemon. It helps me. but,
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Thanks guys. Ironically I think I figured out my problem and it has nothing to do with either too few calories or carbs .

I had forgotten that when I got home from my vacation a big box of angel hair shiritaki noodles were waiting at my door. I had 1 package on my 2nd DD back and 2 whole packages to myself on my 3rd DD back and this also explains my highly bloated tummy. After posting this morning, I've had gastric distress ever since so they must not sit well with me. I guess I will have to lay off of them for a while and see if that corrects the problem which is too bad because they are really filling.

Carly, I especially appreciate your input since I hadn't really considered myself bloated but the more I thought about it, it made sense.

Last edited by brewstate; 07-14-2012 at 03:57 PM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Elise! I love shirataki, but can only have one package a day. I have read many other folks say the same. The cool thing is that they are filling, but the bad thing is that they are not so kind to our tummy in large quantity. I usually take my shiratki package and split it to make a lunch and dinner. I will add a bunch of zucchini and mushrooms to help make up for the difference in volume.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I love miracle noodles, but I call them fiber in a bag, and basically they come out the way they go in. I know TMI, but be careful about eating too much in one day. I find different things can bloat me up. Strangely I think my new fave, Mio drops, are causing me to retain water. I hope not. I really like them! I'm glad you found out what's going on.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
If it turns out that's not the problem, are you eating breakfast on UDs?
(Some people save their calories for lunch & dinner. Someone--nancy, I think--mentioned that not eating breakfast on UDs makes her stall.)
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote