Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 03:58 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Sick feeling on UD's

Ok so have been JUDDDing along for 4 months now. Doing great with it and quite impressed and loving it!! About a month ago or so I started getting this sick feeling every UD. It will last until well after lunchtime. At first this started happening and I thought it was food posioning or something. It went away for about a week but its been back.

I have tried total fasting on DD's, eating my recommended 350 calories on DD's. I even thought maybe the sick feeling was more a very hungry thing and I tried eating 500-700 calories. Yesterday I thought I am gonna switch my DD's and UD's and ate like it was a UD so today is now my DD. I woke up sick again! I am sure its cause my body is still thinking I was still on my old rotation and hasnt realized I switched it yet.

This sick feeling is kinda getting on my nerves now. I cant eat til it passes because if I do, I will vomit. I tried email Dr Johnson about it but it keeps erroring out and wont go through. Has anyone else experienced this or have an idea what the heck this is about?

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2012, 05:11 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Wow.

My first two questions:

Is there some food almost always eat on DD? And, you fast most of DD. What is your eating pattern on UD?

Sympathies!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:36 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Could you try something liquid or soft like a shake or yogurt in the morning and see if that helps? Dry crackers/ginger ale (like when you're pregnant with morning sickness). It may just be your body's reaction to being empty, though it seems with this morning's reaction that might not be the case. Hmmm.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:44 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Wow.

My first two questions:

Is there some food almost always eat on DD? And, you fast most of DD. What is your eating pattern on UD?

Sympathies!
ty!

DD's I would normally fast totally. But the last month since this queasy tummy thing, I have had like salads, or half servings of whatever I made my family for dinner, pretty much whatever I would eat on a normal UD just DD portions. I was starting to think maybe I was just getting to hungry from not eating for a day.

My UD pattern has normally been breakfast around 7am of usually yogurt or egg and toast. I eat my lunch around 11am or when ever my break at work allows. Then we eat dinner between 6-7pm. However since this queasy thing I have been holding breakfast and lunch til my second break around 1 or 2pm. Like I said if I wake up feeling sick, if I eat, I WILL get sick! My UD foods are normal things like salads, fish, chicken, once in a while a single serve pizza whatever you can fit within your calorie limits. Same things I have always ate before or after JUDDD!

I have been watching to see if there is some pattern in the food, but nothing is so different to stand out! I even stopped taking my vitamins and so on. There really isnt a rhyme or reason to it!

The last time this happened I switched my rotation and it quit for a bit. So thats why I switched it yesterday to see if maybe my body doesnt like to be stuck in that rotation for to long. Like I said I thought it was food posioning the first time this started and the rotation switched due to how sick I had gotten in the first place. I want to nip this in the butt before I get that sick again! That was miserable!

I am just at a total loss of why this is happening!
Old 07-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Could you try something liquid or soft like a shake or yogurt in the morning and see if that helps? Dry crackers/ginger ale (like when you're pregnant with morning sickness). It may just be your body's reaction to being empty, though it seems with this morning's reaction that might not be the case. Hmmm.
I normally have yogurt for breakfast. Its the easiest before I have to leave for work. But it will come back up. I have to let the whole tummy thing work itself out before I can put anything in it, including coffee, water or tea. I searched the net for JUDDD and this reaction and just not finding a thing about it!
Old 07-14-2012, 05:54 AM   #6

I get people mixed up sometimes, so I'm not sure if it was you who was having pretty bad uterine or ovarian complications. If so, could you be dumping hormones? It sounds a lot like morning sickness, which can be caused by hormones even when you're not pregnant. I really don't know--just throwing ideas out there.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:07 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I get people mixed up sometimes, so I'm not sure if it was you who was having pretty bad uterine or ovarian complications. If so, could you be dumping hormones? It sounds a lot like morning sickness, which can be caused by hormones even when you're not pregnant. I really don't know--just throwing ideas out there.
I am the one with the Estrogen Dominance. Which is how I found JUDDD because I was told LC is bad because of the animal fats and stuff. Now I wonder if maybe that doesnt have something to do with it. I know there is a HUGE list of things you shouldnt eat with it, but maybe there is something that I am eating that I shouldnt be. I am gonna have to search the net again and see what I see.........uggghh this hormone thing never ends! I hit 30's and its been just a fall downward......I am scare of my 40's.

Edit to add: I do think there is alot of truth to the LC verse to much estrogen thing. I have lost more weight and what nots with JUDDD eating better than I ever did on LC. The whole body and mind thing has been alot better too! If this comes back to hormone I will find a work around to it as I love JUDDD that much!

Last edited by krow134; 07-14-2012 at 06:10 AM..
Old 07-14-2012, 06:12 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/155/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
After years of low carbing, I started feeling squeasy just a little while after breakfast for several mornings over a two or three week period. After some food eliminations and investigation, I discovered I'd developed an allergy to eggs! Bummer! I read that it's really not that uncommon, and that sometimes it would go away if you avoided eggs for a long time. I didn't eat many eggs for about a year, and sure enough, I was able to start eating them again with no problem. I eat them for every DD now. Eating eggs that weren't cooked into something else seemed to be the worst thing for me.

I hope you figure out what's causing your problem. It doesn't sound like fun!
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:24 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

I dont eat eggs enough to think that was the prob. Eggs are usually my weekend thing. I loveeeeeee my snooze button way to much to get up and cook, which is why I normally just have yogurt lol!!!

But I was just searching a few things after Dawn put an idea in my head. I wonder if maybe the heartburn I get isnt the cause. I know my heartburn is related to the ED. My doc told me that much. I take pills for it. I wonder since I go so long on DD's without eating if the acid isnt building up from when I am sleeping because my tummy is pretty empty? Which would make sense as to why its only on UD mornings this is happening?!?!?

I knew if I brought this to the forums someone would spark a thought, Ty Dawn!!!!! I am gonna try having something like light toast or what nots before bed tonight and have something in my stomach and see if this starts to stop.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Eating patterns seem, for some of us, to be a critical part of health. Maybe your body does need solid DD food spread out more. Or maybe a nice hit of probiotics would help?

The hormone tie-in is very thought provoking.

This is going to be an interesting discussion! Prepare to be virtually examined up a storm!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
What pills are you taking for acid reflux? Do they have a time limit on how long you are supposed to take them? So many are 2 or 3 weeks limit.

If you have acid reflux, I think that could be a big part of any digestive problem. Maybe check on the internet to make sure you are doing all the lifestyle things to help, like raising the head of the bed, taking probiotic capsules, no coffee and limit sodas. Yogurt can actually aggravate it - many people with acid reflux have to give up the yogurt.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Are you taking any vitamins? Certain vitamins that I take can make me sick on an empty stomach.
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
LOL, the site went down for repairs and I was stopped from continuing my thought for you, but saved it in an email to myself! Here it is.

Quote:
"For unexplained reasons, some people with reflux just cannot eat yogurt. Yogurt is an “idiosyncratic” food. What that means is that it causes reflux for some people but not others for no known reason. We estimate that as many as 10-20% of people with reflux can’t eat yogurt; and for this subgroup, yogurt actually causes reflux. You either are or are not one of those people."
This is a quote from Dr. Jamie A. Koufman, who wrote the book
Dropping Acid: The Reflux Diet (2010).

Amazon.com: Dropping Acid: The Reflux Diet Cookbook & Cure...Amazon.com: Dropping Acid: The Reflux Diet Cookbook & Cure...
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Could you be pregnant? It does sound like morning sickness. I hope you feel better soon!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Could you be pregnant? It does sound like morning sickness. I hope you feel better soon!
Yes, this does sound like morning sickiness. I will say PirateJenny has recommended ginger so many times and I have been slow to try it. I have nausea at times and especially early before lunch and I just tried it for the first time this morning. Instant Relief! I mean it took the queasy away pronto. Big hugs to you Katie. .
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, ginger is great. It also helps digestion after a big meal.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #17

Hehe, Tanya, you're getting so many recommendations. With your queasy stomach, just don't try them all together!

Seriously though, all good things to consider.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
LOL, the site went down for repairs and I was stopped from continuing my thought for you, but saved it in an email to myself! Here it is.

This is a quote from Dr. Jamie A. Koufman, who wrote the book
Dropping Acid: The Reflux Diet (2010).

Amazon.com: Dropping Acid: The Reflux Diet Cookbook & Cure (9780982708316): Jamie Koufman, Jordan Stern, Marc Michel Bauer: Books
Well that stinks big time!!!!!! I eat it all the time!!! Exspecially the dessert ones, if I cant have the real thing I will eat the fake thing lol! Thank you for the link! I will be checking into that cookbook. I know my Dad will like it too!

Quote:
ummmmmm NO! lol!!!! No tubes cut, tied, burnt, danced upon, sent to the moon.....besides was just at gynie not to long ago dealing with on going issues from ED!! TOM due tomorrow anyways!! Ty for the hugs!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hehe, Tanya, you're getting so many recommendations. With your queasy stomach, just don't try them all together!

Seriously though, all good things to consider.
TY I think it might just be the heartburn. It makes sense. I will give up my beloved yogurt for a while and see what becomes of it! I havent been taking my prescription pill, was just using the cheap walmart stuff cause money was tight! Might have to break down and fill up the nexium! I didnt think I would get so sick to my stomach from the pill difference, but talking with my sis who also has this issue with heartburn, she said YES YES YES!!!

Last edited by krow134; 07-14-2012 at 02:27 PM..
Old 07-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Now that you said they were the desert type yogurts, beware of the ingredients in some of those. Some brands have sugar alcohols or are generally unkind to the GI tract- for me anyway. I stick with Greek yogurt most of the time, but check the ingredients in some of the "diet" yogurts. Maybe you wont have to give it up completely and I guess you don't have to worry about it being morning sickness
Old 07-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Now that you said they were the desert type yogurts, beware of the ingredients in some of those. Some brands have sugar alcohols or are generally unkind to the GI tract- for me anyway. I stick with Greek yogurt most of the time, but check the ingredients in some of the "diet" yogurts. Maybe you wont have to give it up completely and I guess you don't have to worry about it being morning sickness
Now that really really saddens me!!! I really really like those yoplait lights. The key lime or the orange is my fave!!! I cant get into the greek yogurt but my daughter loves it! Maybe I will go back to cottage cheese with pumpkin pie spice on it for a while!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
Now that really really saddens me!!! I really really like those yoplait lights. The key lime or the orange is my fave!!! I cant get into the greek yogurt but my daughter loves it! Maybe I will go back to cottage cheese with pumpkin pie spice on it for a while!
Well, I don't know about yoplait. But check out the ingredients. Sugar alcohols sometimes make me feel .
Old 07-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #23

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
So sorry about this Kimberley. Hope some of these great suggestions help.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I know several people who can only use the prescription acid reflux meds. The over the counter are a waste of money for them. There must be a huge difference in the ingredients.

Sorry for all your struggles.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
This suddenly started happening for me also recently. Figured it out this weekend when I went to an out of town craft show. Did not take my supplements with me that I had started taking again since I tend to forget them.
Forgot them yesterday morning which was a DD but I took them this morning and it is an UD and I had eaten Breakfast. I am now sick to my stomach with a headache. Jusat like last week. Apparently it is one or all of the supplements. Won't take them again in the morning. Evenings only from now on. I don't take any medications just the supplements.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #26

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Interesting Adi, my DD has to be very careful taking vitamins too or that happens to her.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote