Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   The Coconut Oil Koolaid... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/777973-coconut-oil-koolaid.html)

millergirl1976 07-13-2012 10:45 AM

The Coconut Oil Koolaid...

I fought it for as long as I could, but I have become a CO convert! You all convinced me.

When I started following LC, I read all about the benefits of CO, and I kind of thought it was hooey. A couple of months ago, my local TJs finally started carrying it, so I bought it. I have been using it for frying, grilling, etc. Then, I started rubbing it on my hands while I was cooking, because I feel like my hands are really starting to look... old. (My husband saw me one time, and thinks I have completely lost my mind...) I wish I would have taken a before and after pic- I can totally tell the difference!

This morning, I drizzled it in my coffee. Give me a couple of months, I will probably be bathing in the stuff. :lol:

Whitlin' 07-13-2012 10:51 AM

That's nice to hear about your hands. I have used organic CO in so many cooking/menu ways, but for some reason have resisted using it on my skin. Wonder why that is? I guess I think it will be greasy, or rub off on textiles. But your experience gives me an even better reason!

Thanks for posting!

gotsomeold 07-13-2012 11:35 AM

CO does soak in quickly, then it is wise to wipe any excess off.

Millergirl, :welcome: to CO-addicts anonymous! "My name is Nancy and I consider CO a requirement for life."

Prepare to be amazed at the changes a few days of applying CO makes.

sunday 07-13-2012 11:39 AM

At first glance I thought this was a recipe for Kool-aid infused CO. :lol:

Enjoy!!! I am a fan as well. :love:

millergirl1976 07-13-2012 02:10 PM

Whitlin, my skin absorbs it exactly like lotion- I rub it in, and my hands feel soft and not greasy. Now granted I only use a small dab on each hand, but it doesnt rub off on clothing or sit on my skin, if you know what I mean.

Thanks Nancy! I am totally hooked!

:D Sunday!

Hopefulsweigh 07-13-2012 02:16 PM

I use coconut oil on my face :laugh: I have been since the beginning of my CO adventure, which started July 1. I have been known to rub it into my elbows and knees too :up:. My face looks fantastic! IMO.

soon 07-13-2012 04:09 PM

lol Sunday so did I CO with koolaid sounds like it might be good. haha

jem51 07-13-2012 05:14 PM

I used to use it topically on my entire body but it did not absorb well and by the end of the day my legs lookes all crackley....like maybe it had rubbed off on my clothes.
Now I use another moisturiser and the CO over it on my face and Alba Botanicals Very Emolient lotion on my body which is totally awesome.

dee 07-13-2012 07:22 PM

I have been using CO in my bath for over a year. Love it. I also use it for cooking. I have not as yet...tried it in coffee or other beverages. But I will!! Awesome stuff!

hollyitworks 07-13-2012 08:03 PM

I use it for a facial cleanser! Love it!

I'm 45 and I've had some type of acne since I was a teenager. Always. I've tried antibiotics, topicals and anything you can think of, I've used it. So I read about coconut oil as a facial cleanser. Couldn't be worse right? 1st night, I rubbed it in and put a hot towel on to steam and then wiped it off. My skin felt so clean. Crazy. I've used it almost every night since. They nights I didn't want to take the time to use the CO, the next day my skin was really red and had more cystic acne forming. I'm convinced. I also read it helps with appetite. Tried it today on my down day, worked like a charm. Which is soo weird because I have had awful down days. I'm so hungry. Not today!!! Now, the only question is do I have to count the calories for the CO? :) We'll see!

shirlc 07-13-2012 08:23 PM

I use it for a night cream on my face and tissue off the excess. It's amazing how soft my skin feels! Wish I would have started this years ago.

GME 07-13-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 15798152)
At first glance I thought this was a recipe for Kool-aid infused CO. :lol: :

Me too.... and I opened it excited to find yet another use for CO. :hyst:

SpinDizzie 07-14-2012 03:28 PM

I use it on my hair. A little on dry hair, work it through really well, wrap it in plastic or a shower cap for warmth. After I shampoo/condition like normal the next morning, it shines like crazy. It's molecular structure is small enough to get inside the cuticle.