Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Dear Lord, Let JUDDD Work For Me!

This is probably going to amuse some of you, because if I had read what I'm about to write, I'd have never believed myself. I'd have called BS. But here it is...

Today is an Up Day for me, and I've recalculated my calories FIVE TIMES because I have been sure that I must have left something off or under-counted because I haven't been inhaling all the food in my house in a ravenous frenzy.

I had a big healthy breakfast of eggs, ham, and stir fried mushrooms. For a snack, I had hot chocolate and some popcorn. For lunch, I had cajun grilled tilapia over arugula with tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. My white knight invited friends over tonight and we ordered from the local wings joint. How wonderful it was to just order something like everyone else.

I just polished off 10 hot wings and didn't feel the slightest bit guilty about it because I got in all my servings of vegetables and still have a bunch of calories left over.

If I can lose a lot of weight like this, I will be in love with this WOE. And considering that yesterday's Down Day was perfectly manageable, I will say: Love. Love. Love.

My fear is that it won't work. My fear is that I will end up not losing any weight or ending up higher than when I started. And the happier I get on JUDDD, the more I fear it! So it's praying time over here

Last edited by stephdray; 07-12-2012 at 07:04 PM..
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
One word of advice: don't get too upset if the scale is up a bit tomorrow. Hot wings can have a lot of sodium! But it's just transient water weight -and you may not get the scale bounce anyway
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
As one who lives on mango habanero wings any chance I get, I can tell you that it assuredly will continue to work. I didn't even discover those particular gems until after I started JUDDD!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
I am smiling at your post, Steph. Are you thinking you should be looking for something to worry about? That's natural! Well, if it were me, I'd count up all that sodium with the ham and wings and wonder if it was going to keep me temporarily bloated over a day or two. Hmm... but that really wouldn't be so bad, would it? Otherwise, I believe you are just going to have to enjoy this and admit it's a prayer of gratitude you'd be sending up. What a nice day you had.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
I admit, I didn't think the scale fluctuations would flip me out and I wanted to keep a nice chart, but they have powerful psychological impact. So much so that I'm considering not weighing in again for a few days.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
A lot of people weigh only on DD's and I even think Dr J recommends this. If you find you are avoiding your UD calories because of the number on the scale it would probably be better to weigh every other day or less.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
A feast fit for a queen, I'd say. And I have every confidence that this is going to work for you. About those bounces, I have come to the realization that it's "just life" and is part of this lovely WOE. As freaked out as I used to be about the scale, it's been heavenly to just let go and let JUDDD! But I'll say a prayer for you just in case

Kim
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
LOVE THIS thread!

I only weigh 2x per week. It is so wonderful to track it even though. When you see the month results, we will partay here on JUDDD!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:50 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Manday
Stats: 250/233/130 5'3"
Start Date: 4/19/2012
I've been JUDDDing for almost 3 months and I no longer get horribly upset over what the scale says. Yes, it jumped way up a couple weeks ago and I freaked out, but, really, any of us would for a 5+ gain in a day with no UUADs to blame it on. Obviously it was all water weight as evidenced by TOM's early appearance a few days later. But, I digress...I used to flip over any tiny gain on the scale even though I knew, no matter how I was eating, that I could fluctuate by 3-5lbs on any given day. My weigh-ins currently show a slowly climbing scale (I think the 'other' TOM is on the way now) and, while my heart sinks a little when I see the number, it doesn't ruin my day anymore. JUDDD will fix it. Even if I never lose another pound (I didn't just say that...no one heard me....lalalala) I will continue to JUDDD because of the freedom from the scale and the freedom to eat without guilt. I hope you continue to see the JUDDD magic and enjoy this WOE as much as so many of us do. Who would have ever thought we'd say we enjoyed 'dieting'?
Manday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:10 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyitworks
Stats: 185/168/130 -17 Woohoo!
WOE: JUDDD (Is there any other way?)
Start Date: Restart July 2012 JUDDD. Start May 2012 Atkins
I know, right?

"If I can lose a lot of weight like this, I will be in love with this WOE. And considering that yesterday's Down Day was perfectly manageable, I will say: Love. Love. Love."

I feel the same. I think I may have to only way after DD's. The scale after an UD scares the crap out of me. Although, maybe I need to see that to be able to get through the day with only 500 calories and not kill someone. lol!

Holly
hollyitworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January Ė March ate LC/LC
If I am amused at all, it is because I hear my not-so-distant self in your words. It was barely over three months ago that I arrived at this forum voicing my own fears about JUDDD. Could it work for me when nothing else did? Would it turn into a quick 10-pound gain because I had a broken metabolism?

After years of feeling paranoid about everything I ate, feeling that no matter what I did my weight just kept creeping up what I found with JUDDD was not a quick 10-pound gain but rather a first-month loss of 15 pounds. That happened despite all types of treats that I threw at it -- pizza, cupcakes, Chinese food, and YES, even wings! I ate it all and the scale continued to bounce downward. I donít live on those items, but do enjoy them on any UD that I feel like it. For me itís a balancing act of sorts between the treats I enjoy and the foods my body needs. JUDDD seems to handle the rest. Now, three months later, it all just feels natural, the weight is coming off and I donít obsess about food. The worries are over and I believe that JUDDD is simply magic.

Wishing you much magic!
Connie
Old 07-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/158.2/145; 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 17.6 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manday View Post
I've been JUDDDing for almost 3 months and I no longer get horribly upset over what the scale says. Yes, it jumped way up a couple weeks ago and I freaked out, but, really, any of us would for a 5+ gain in a day with no UUADs to blame it on. Obviously it was all water weight as evidenced by TOM's early appearance a few days later. But, I digress...I used to flip over any tiny gain on the scale even though I knew, no matter how I was eating, that I could fluctuate by 3-5lbs on any given day. My weigh-ins currently show a slowly climbing scale (I think the 'other' TOM is on the way now) and, while my heart sinks a little when I see the number, it doesn't ruin my day anymore. JUDDD will fix it. Even if I never lose another pound (I didn't just say that...no one heard me....lalalala) I will continue to JUDDD because of the freedom from the scale and the freedom to eat without guilt. I hope you continue to see the JUDDD magic and enjoy this WOE as much as so many of us do. Who would have ever thought we'd say we enjoyed 'dieting'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
If I am amused at all, it is because I hear my not-so-distant self in your words. It was barely over three months ago that I arrived at this forum voicing my own fears about JUDDD. Could it work for me when nothing else did? Would it turn into a quick 10-pound gain because I had a broken metabolism?

After years of feeling paranoid about everything I ate, feeling that no matter what I did my weight just kept creeping up what I found with JUDDD was not a quick 10-pound gain but rather a first-month loss of 15 pounds. That happened despite all types of treats that I threw at it -- pizza, cupcakes, Chinese food, and YES, even wings! I ate it all and the scale continued to bounce downward. I donít live on those items, but do enjoy them on any UD that I feel like it. For me itís a balancing act of sorts between the treats I enjoy and the foods my body needs. JUDDD seems to handle the rest. Now, three months later, it all just feels natural, the weight is coming off and I donít obsess about food. The worries are over and I believe that JUDDD is simply magic.

Wishing you much magic!
Connie
Manday and Connie - Well said, I totally agree!
Heather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Despite the fact I'm now in Post Surgery Bloat Mode (i.e. - not losing a darn thing), when I wasn't losing awhile back, it was suggested for me to count my calories to make sure I was eating up to my UD calories. I wasn't, and once I did, the scale began moving.

Miraculous!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #14

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Ha, ha! Vanilla I see you were the last to post here! I am saying nothing.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Please, allow me.

I am ... Vanilla Thread Killa
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Please, allow me.

I am ... Vanilla Thread Killa
Not so! But funny!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Stephanie: In case you haven't seen it, you should check out Sheridan's thread. She bumped it up and updated on 7/15. Wow!!! 50 gone since starting JUDD 3 months ago. Watching her journey is so inspiring. Here is the link:

Howdy, y'all!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #18

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yam-Yam. These are the messages I want the world to read.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
This is a really encouraging thread!
I started JUDDD in March and have lost steadily! I am not in that great a hurry, the miracle for me is that I don't have to be "good" all the time! I find DDs pretty easy (especially during the week) - my challenge is to not over do the UDs. If I can keep losing 5 to 7 pounds a month I will be happy. I have never managed to sustain any other plan so easily.

Dee
brehede is offline   Reply With Quote