Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   MDs duing first two weeks? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/777912-mds-duing-first-two-weeks.html)

calichris 07-12-2012 04:17 PM

MDs duing first two weeks?
 
I was so excited to start JUDDD, then realized I have a four day trip coming up in the second week. Obviously UP days will be easy! But do you think it will throw me off to put a medium day or two in during the first two weeks? :confused: After that, the next 2 weeks should no problem.

Christina (looking forward to getting a signature after I post some more!)

Joyjoy 07-12-2012 04:23 PM

Christina, the ideal thing is to do the rotations for the first couple of weeks. But as long as you're not aiming for a highly paid, scrawny naked photo shoot at the end of these two weeks, whatever you can do to practice rotations will help in the long run. If that means MD-UD-MD-UD, and you're patient with losses, you've come out way ahead of where you would be if you didn't start till after the holiday. It's great to have you here!

KeirasMom 07-12-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyjoy (Post 15796345)
Christina, the ideal thing is to do the rotations for the first couple of weeks. But as long as you're not aiming for a highly paid, scrawny naked photo shoot at the end of these two weeks, whatever you can do to practice rotations will help in the long run. If that means MD-UD-MD-UD, and you're patient with losses, you've come out way ahead of where you would be if you didn't start till after the holiday. It's great to have you here!

:goodpost:

sunday 07-12-2012 05:40 PM

Welcome lowcarbchris! :hiya: Enjoy your camping trip!

calichris 07-12-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyjoy (Post 15796345)
Christina, the ideal thing is to do the rotations for the first couple of weeks. But as long as you're not aiming for a highly paid, scrawny naked photo shoot at the end of these two weeks, whatever you can do to practice rotations will help in the long run. If that means MD-UD-MD-UD, and you're patient with losses, you've come out way ahead of where you would be if you didn't start till after the holiday. It's great to have you here!

Thanks JoyJoy! Naked photo shoot :hyst: Great perspective & advice. I might be able to still stay in rotation ... I'll do the best I can under the circumstances and know that as you pointed out, I'll be farther ahead than I otherwise would be. :up:

calichris 07-12-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 15796532)
Welcome lowcarbchris! :hiya: Enjoy your camping trip!

Thanks Sunday! I'm actually going to Disneyland one day ... that will be an up day, obviously. Just not sure how to do the 500 cals while staying with someone else. :confused:

Wow, your progress is very motivating! :notwrthy:

Whitlin' 07-12-2012 06:29 PM

Hi, chris.

The houseguest situation is the most difficult for JUDDD in my opinion, and the only type more difficult than yours is to be the host. It is not a single-meal event but a 24-7 agreement to share with others.

The only thing I have to add is to make a note of all the options you have on the calorie counter under "restrictions". Mine would allow me up to 850 on a DD, for instance, while still staying in weight loss mode, and even 1,000 in DD "maintenance" numbers. It might help you to know those numbers in advance, along with your MD number. If you are able to have a low day, you'd have a "feel" for where you are and how you're doing with it.

Have a great time!

Carly 07-12-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyjoy (Post 15796345)
Christina, the ideal thing is to do the rotations for the first couple of weeks. But as long as you're not aiming for a highly paid, scrawny naked photo shoot at the end of these two weeks, whatever you can do to practice rotations will help in the long run. If that means MD-UD-MD-UD, and you're patient with losses, you've come out way ahead of where you would be if you didn't start till after the holiday. It's great to have you here!

:goodpost: it's progress not perfection!

piratejenny 07-12-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

But do you think it will throw me off to put a medium day or two in during the first two weeks?
If you've done the Atkins diet, or even just read about it, you may have it in your head that the 2-week induction period is really important, and that it's crucial to follow it exactly. And that it won't work as well if you do it over & over, or that doing so can even be damaging to one's metabolism.

The JUDDD "induction" isn't like that at all.
You slowly build up SIRT enzymes by regularly fasting/restricting calories, and you can't undo that in just a few days.
If you do find that you go off-plan during your trip, and feel like you messed yourself up, just extend the "induction" a few more days, or do it over!
JUDDD is really, really flexible!!! :up:

Muffabuff 07-12-2012 11:46 PM

:welcome: to Juddd. In all honesty, yes it will throw you off. It is better than not starting until after your vacation. IMHO it is best to learn how to work the rotations into your real life ASAP, as life is happening all the time. If you don't mind losing weight at a slower pace or some weeks not losing at all then you should not have any problems doing Juddd this way. iMHO you get out of Juddd what you put into Juddd. Good Luck:hugs:

calichris 07-13-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitlin' (Post 15796629)
Hi, chris.

The houseguest situation is the most difficult for JUDDD in my opinion, and the only type more difficult than yours is to be the host. It is not a single-meal event but a 24-7 agreement to share with others.

The only thing I have to add is to make a note of all the options you have on the calorie counter under "restrictions". Mine would allow me up to 850 on a DD, for instance, while still staying in weight loss mode, and even 1,000 in DD "maintenance" numbers. It might help you to know those numbers in advance, along with your MD number. If you are able to have a low day, you'd have a "feel" for where you are and how you're doing with it.

Have a great time!

Thanks Whitlin'! When you mention the restrictions, are you referring to the book? (I should be getting it soon, but for now I'm going by Dr. Johnson's website and what I've learned here.)

gotsomeold 07-13-2012 01:48 AM

It sounds like this will be a great opportunity to begin learning about how to integrate JUDDD and real life. Just keep up the learning process you began in the week before vacay started: Pay attention to what foods fill you up and which foods seem to leave you hungry. Think about what eating pattern is most satisfying to you: three meals a day? How hungry are you in the morning? At lunch time?

And, as PJ says, even on MDs, you will be generating sirtuin enzymes. So it is all good.

The most important thing (said the frequent vacationer and happy loser) is getting back onto the DD/UD rotation when party time is over.

Have a wonderful vacation!

Whitlin' 07-13-2012 10:04 AM

chris, you can find the online calculator at the bottom of this web page.

UpDayDownDay Diet™ Plan ? How to Succeed

You can put in different percentages of restriction and learn what your calories would be at that percentage. I've referred to it many times. Most people doing JUDDD try for the lowest they can while losing weight. I happen to like my 30 percent, though. You find out over time what works best for you.

I'm glad you'll be getting the book. I learned a lot from it.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:23 PM.