Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 04:59 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyitworks
Stats: 185/168/130 -17 Woohoo!
WOE: JUDDD (Is there any other way?)
Start Date: Restart July 2012 JUDDD. Start May 2012 Atkins
Forgive me, I'm new and not sure what these things are

Good Morning JUDDDer's I've been reading post since I found you all. I've noticed a few things, but haven't been able to find what they are. I'm not wishing to start tweaking anything, just wondering. What's Fast 5 and IF?

Also, when you started JUDDD, what did you start at for you DD calories and UD calories and what was your weight. I know everyone's different. I started at 25% of my UD calories because I thought I would lose faster and I'm wondering if I'd still lose with a bit more calories and no one would have to die because they talked to me when I was starving.

MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, JUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. Lots of veggies, fruit, some fish & other meat, beans & whole grains/low-moderate fat....eating "healthy" 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too

I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Thanks Friends!
hollyitworks is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 05:22 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Hello Holly,

Fast 5 is eating in a 5 hour window. Most of us do something similar if we do not have breakfast. For instance if you eat lunch at 12 & dinner at 5 with no more meals until 12 the next day, that is Fast 5.

My numbers are 1684/380. I usually eat pretty close, but have been throwing in a 700 DD (35%) on the weekend. My weight loss is slower than most and I am okay with this, I am post meno with a few other weight loss metabolism issues, so if it continues I think I will be at goal this fall.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:43 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: September 10, 2014
I lost pretty fast for my first 2 months with 1,700 UD and 600 DD, my "offical" numbers are 1,698 and 360 (I think, it's been a while since I looked up my 20% numbers). I upped the DDs because even 500 was a challange and a half and if I tried to stick to 500 I probably would have quit....the 100 extra cals saved me sanity!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Hi Holly

As sunday said Fast 5 is choosing just 5 hours of the day and eating all your food within those 5 hours - i find this works well for me on both UDs and DDs.

I'm 5 feet 3 inches, i started JUDDD at 167lbs with UD cals of 1972 cals and stuck to 500 cals a day for the first 2 weeks. I currently weigh in at 152lbs, now my UD cals are 1893 and my DD target is 473 but it's usually between that and around 520. I have adjusted down a couple of times, there are varying opinions about adjusting down and most people here don't adjust down unless they stall. I think i adjusted down mainly because i was mostly unable to "eat up" to my UD cals anyway. I don't think i'll ever drop much below 500 cals on a DD - i like my food too much

I keep low carb which is reasonably easy as i eat wheat free (wheat aggravates my ulcerative colitis) - up to around 50g carbs a day. I'm perimenopausal but not having any weight loss issues since starting JUDDDing just over a month ago.

Last edited by FairyWren; 07-12-2012 at 05:55 AM..
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:21 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Evie! You are my hero! I am very similar in stats and you are able to eat more on DD as well. I am hoping that this keeps working for me and except for my adding in meds in June, I think I noticed that my weight was actually going down faster. And, I am eating LC Clean as well. No sugar, wine, or processed foods.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Hi, I don't think anyone answered your other question;
IF is Intermittent Fasting.
JUDDD is a type of IF, and so is Fast 5.
There are many other schedules/plans for IF,
including LeanGains, Warrior Diet, & Eat Stop Eat.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:18 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone~

Sounds good. I'm at the end of week one. Most DD's I've kept to around 500. One day was an accidental 620 but I didn't quit or eat everything in sight and then start over. (which is my usual MO). I'm going to try for the next week to keep at 1829/475. That's 25%. I need to really plan down days better. But, I do have to say best weight loss plan ever!!

What are the benefits of Fast 5? Just wondering.

Holly
Old 07-13-2012, 05:36 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Let's see. I started at 168 on January 1. Began with DD calories that floated around 500 (sometimes higher, sometimes lower). If I stalled I planned to seriously reduce DD calories. But I am almost at my goal and still eating about 500 cals.

I did stall in March - April (only lost six pounds those two months). But experimentation showed DDs were not the problem. Instead, I found I was (a) only eating about 900 cals on most UDs ( and not noticing!?!), and (b) I was skipping - or eating very little - breakfast and lunch most days. That is fine on DD. But on UDs, I seem to need to eat about 500 cals for lunch or the magic stumbles. During the stall, I lost a lot of the NSVs (non-scale victories like reduced reddening on my face and reduced arthritis pain) associated with having a lot of SIRs running around inside of me.

That is just me and my metabolism. I mention it as an example of the kind of experimenting we get to do with JUDDD. This WOE has been great for teaching me more about myself!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 07-13-2012 at 05:37 AM..
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Super exciting facts and I can't believe this!

Thanks everyone who has posted. Great info. I still haven't read the book. plan on getting it from the library next week. I'm super excited today, I tried the coconut oil in my coffee. I usually put 1 tsp. in my protein shake but I decided to increase it a little. I hadn't noticed the appetite suppressant effect. But! today, I've had 2 coffees with hwc and 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil and it's 4 pm and I'm only a little bit hungry. Usually I'd want to strangle someone at this point. So we will see. I just need to decide if I count the calories or not. We'll see!