Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
Finally- cravings are gone but JUDDD didn't do it

Hey gals,

So I mentioned in another thread that I adopted the Clean Program as part of my weight loss approach. I did a lot of research and felt that even on 6 weeks of JUDDD, my cravings were totally out of control. Everyone has been so helpful in giving support and advice, which led me to Clean.

I can't believe I am saying this, but it's been a week and a half on the program and I FINALLY have a handle on my cravings for carbs/sugar. Instead of the intense withdrawal I have fleeting moments of wanting things that pass within minutes. I no longer obsess over food which is ironic considering the limited options I have on this plan. Maybe the simplification of it all has helped.

I really suggest that anyone who is battling strong urges for sugar and carbs to eliminate wheat, gluten, and soy in all forms for a couple of weeks. It was helped me in ways I never thought possible.

I'm not a big weigher but I can tell I definitely lost a few pounds. More importantly, I am ready to commit to JUDDD without fear of UD becoming the free for all they once were.

I hope this little story helps someone else in my position. Hugs to my peeps!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickicaps View Post
Hey gals,

So I mentioned in another thread that I adopted the Clean Program as part of my weight loss approach. I did a lot of research and felt that even on 6 weeks of JUDDD, my cravings were totally out of control. Everyone has been so helpful in giving support and advice, which led me to Clean.

I can't believe I am saying this, but it's been a week and a half on the program and I FINALLY have a handle on my cravings for carbs/sugar. Instead of the intense withdrawal I have fleeting moments of wanting things that pass within minutes. I no longer obsess over food which is ironic considering the limited options I have on this plan. Maybe the simplification of it all has helped.

I really suggest that anyone who is battling strong urges for sugar and carbs to eliminate wheat, gluten, and soy in all forms for a couple of weeks. It was helped me in ways I never thought possible.

I'm not a big weigher but I can tell I definitely lost a few pounds. More importantly, I am ready to commit to JUDDD without fear of UD becoming the free for all they once were.

I hope this little story helps someone else in my position. Hugs to my peeps!
I agree! So happy to hear this! I went clean as well and it is amazing how much better I feel. When I began JUDDD, I was so very anxious to try slowly adding sugar in and see how I did. When I did have a piece of cake or even homemade ice cream, I felt lousy within an hour. Literally did not feel like doing anything.

One more thing that I notice, I really don't know why, but I don't crave or want a glass of wine in the evening at all. So, I wonder if anyone else noticed that once they went clean, the nightly glass of wine is a thing of the past???
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
hMM I don't ingest gluten/wheat due to Celiac, now SOY I haven't even thought of eliminating. Maybe i will look into that.

For the record, I'm not a big weigher either!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Wonderful news Nickicaps! I have a link to the list of foods you posted when you went Clean.

Cravings have not been a problem for me. But I am keeping the list because I suspect I am going to want to incorporate eating Clean - just for the health benefits.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Wonderful news Nickicaps! I have a link to the list of foods you posted when you went Clean.

Cravings have not been a problem for me. But I am keeping the list because I suspect I am going to want to incorporate eating Clean - just for the health benefits.
It's funny bc when I first saw the Elimination Diet list I thought that there was no way I could eliminate things like corn, tomatoes, eggplant, etc. I'm not sure WHICH foods yet are triggers for binging as I'm not at the reintroduction stage just yet, but WOW has my face and body totally "depuffed." And I am putting ZERO restrictions on calories.

SOY- I as a vegan relied on it heavily for protein. What I found from the Clean program is that it is indeed very mucous forming and difficult to digest. I've leaned out so much in the waist and face from eliminating it, and my chronic allergies are virtually gone with no meds. Definitely give it a try!
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
@Nickicaps can you post the link to the clean food list?
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
WTG, Nicki! So glad you're feeling better and no longer afflicted with cravings. I know you'll KUTGW!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote