Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Steph:

Once a JUDD BUDD always a JUDD BUDD. You have become one of the family members here and are well-loved.

You will be fine. This is my conclusion after reading your updates. You will be better than fine.

Congratulations on the exciting nomination! You need to enjoy every nano-second and every morsel of food and drop of drink when you go to California.
This is why I love YamYam. Congrats! I am excited to hear of your nomination and think you will be surprised at how much fun you can have on this week long vacay and barely gain or if you do gain, it will be off with 2 DD. I have witnessed this in my own life! I think you will be won over by that fact alone!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Steph:

Thought you might enjoy reading this thread. Make sure you toggle down to Pat's post. She's good.

Bounce? Sky Dive!!!!!

Sunday: back at 'ya.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gulf Coast Girl
Stats: Goal Feb '10. Lost 163 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post

3) This year, one of my novels, Song of the Nile, has been nominated for a RITA Award, which is the highest award one can receive in the romance genre.
You'll figure out the JUDDD side of things. I know for me personally even if for some reason I had to start eating at 75% on DD I'd do it just to keep the SIRT-1 flowing. I just love what JUDDD is doing for me heath wise. But as someone who had to lose a very large amount of weight I can also see how I might have been discouraged with the slower losses during the weight loss phase. For me the speed of weight loss was the main 'seller' with LC.

Congrats on your nomination. I just downloaded Song of the Nile. I was trying to figure out from the reviews (Amazon) if it stands alone or do you need to read Lily first? Some of the reviewers were referring to it as a 'follow up' and I can't tell if they're just saying it is your follow up as a writer of if it's a follow up character wise. This is probably answered in the reviews but I was purposely skipping any review that said it contained spoilers.

I love rom historical fic and am excited to read something Egyptian in nature for a change.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm a big believer in one day at a time, but I hope with that in mind, that you give JUDDD more than two weeks, even if you pause for the convention and CONGRATS on the nomination!
I too, came to JUDDD with a great deal to lose. So far it has been a loss of 25 since the end of March. I, too had dreadful DDs, but that is a thing of the past. I wish I felt that good on up days. Today, my birthday, stated with cake for breakfast and will end the same way in the next hour. I'm not fearing the bounce tomorrow, because it will be a good DD and JUDDD is forgiving.
We do love you Steph so please stick around.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Thank you Everyone!

I'm overwhelmed with all the congrats and support. This is going to be a great time for me, I feel. I'm kind of euphoric today, in fact. Maybe it's because it's an up day! Hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Today, my birthday, stated with cake for breakfast and will end the same way in the next hour. I'm not fearing the bounce tomorrow, because it will be a good DD and JUDDD is forgiving.
Rock on. And happy birthday!

Quote:
We do love you Steph so please stick around.
Now you're making me sniffle! I love you back.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
I have so enjoyed reading your posts this past week and hate that I have been super busy and unable to post all that I'd like to add. In brief, I just want to say that I tried JUDDD twice in the past (with 500 down days at 209 lbs) and quit within a week both times. It was painful and I was crabby; I could not do my work, especially the writing that I do in addition to my primary job. I relate to so many of the ups and downs of which you spoke.

At the end of March I decided to try it one more time, but my way . . . A whopping 800 calories on down days. My up days vacillate between the true number less about two hundred calories and the number itself. I am down to 191 and still chugging along. I won't say that I love DDs by any stretch but they are absolutely doable now and not debilitating in the way that 500 seemed to be for me. In the past few weeks I've been able to manage some 550-ish days. Tomorrow I have an important job so I'll do the full 800 and eat a lot at breakfast right before I go. When I tried it with lower DDs, I felt it was just ridiculous to be unable to work well those days and essentially to wish away every other day of my life (because I was trying so hard to just get through and past it).

Just wanted to share in case this could be helpful for a modified JUDDD down the road for you. (and yes, I'm feeling all of the positive energy effects from SIRT etc!)

Thank you for the inspiration.

Last edited by mttemple4; 07-12-2012 at 08:21 PM..
mttemple4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
I also wanted to add that my first two attempts did end with very little lost on the scale and my subsequent outrage that THAT was what I got for my suffering. And it truly was suffering and not worth it to me if I couldn't lose a considerable amount. Likely I would have dropped eventually, but no matter because it was unsustainable for me. As soon as I switched to my 800 down days I lost steadily and didn't have the same crazy bounces (just mini ones).

I also went completely off plan at Disney in June. Gained 5 lbs that week and after the second down day back it was gone.

Congrats on the nomination as well! How wonderful!
mttemple4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Acor
Stats: 160/128/115 5'2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf Coast Girl View Post
Congrats on your nomination. I just downloaded Song of the Nile. I was trying to figure out from the reviews (Amazon) if it stands alone or do you need to read Lily first? Some of the reviewers were referring to it as a 'follow up' and I can't tell if they're just saying it is your follow up as a writer of if it's a follow up character wise. This is probably answered in the reviews but I was purposely skipping any review that said it contained spoilers.

I love rom historical fic and am excited to read something Egyptian in nature for a change.
In case Stephanie doesn't see this - you should read Lily of the Nile first.
Acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #39
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I just wanted to say congratulations on your nomination. How exiting, i will be rooting for you, and reading you novels.

I feel confident that the JUDDD magic will kick in for you this week.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Feeling the Pressure

OMG, I'm not going to post my results until Wednesday when I can give my two-week update, but I do want to say that I'm so happy I tried this. Today I found out that I was featured in an article in the Baltimore Sun Paper.

I hope I won't have to slink back into town when I lose this award, but if I do, I think I will be slinking back skinnier!

The past few days have been a whirlwind of preparation. I have my gown ready--I bet it will fit even better now. I am starting to pack my suitcase, and I'm thinking maybe I will go swimming at Disney with my husband, no matter how bad I look in a bathing suit, because you get one life and I plan to enjoy it any size. Even if I am shrinking.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #41
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Exciting, and you are beautiful!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
OMG, I'm not going to post my results until Wednesday when I can give my two-week update, but I do want to say that I'm so happy I tried this. Today I found out that I was featured in an article in the Baltimore Sun Paper.

I hope I won't have to slink back into town when I lose this award, but if I do, I think I will be slinking back skinnier!

The past few days have been a whirlwind of preparation. I have my gown ready--I bet it will fit even better now. I am starting to pack my suitcase, and I'm thinking maybe I will go swimming at Disney with my husband, no matter how bad I look in a bathing suit, because you get one life and I plan to enjoy it any size. Even if I am shrinking.
You have so much to be proud of, win or lose! You're already a winner in so many ways! Look at the good things you're doing for yourself, and look how far you've come in your writing career already! You have your whole life ahead of you. You're beautiful, Steph. What a photo!!

Enjoy everything.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyitworks
Stats: 185/168/130 -17 Woohoo!
WOE: JUDDD (Is there any other way?)
Start Date: Restart July 2012 JUDDD. Start May 2012 Atkins
Have fun! You deserve it!

Quote:

Congrats on the award! I hope you're doing well on JUDDD. I love it. Even DD's are getting easier!

Holly
hollyitworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Exciting, and you are beautiful!
and Sophie said:

Quote:
You have so much to be proud of, win or lose! You're already a winner in so many ways! Look at the good things you're doing for yourself, and look how far you've come in your writing career already! You have your whole life ahead of you. You're beautiful, Steph. What a photo!!
You ladies are going to give me a big head!
Old 07-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyitworks View Post
I hope you're doing well on JUDDD. I love it. Even DD's are getting easier!

Holly
The spoiler is, yes, I'm doing well. I'll be able to say how well on Wednesday
Old 07-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:

Hi Stephanie! I've been following your threads, I just don't post much...sometimes I don't know if I have much to contribute, but I try!

Anyway, the bolded part of your post really caught my eye. This is the kind of thinking that I'm trying to take on lately. It is empowering, isn't it? I've never felt comfortable in my own skin and I'm starting to and it feels...weird...to say the least. I like it though!

on the award! I'm excited for you! I'm also jealous that you will be at Disney...truly the happiest place on Earth!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Congrats Steph. I'm so happy and excited for you!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
The spoiler is, yes, I'm doing well. I'll be able to say how well on Wednesday
Great article and lovely photo of you. And this that I quoted has me very excited as well. I can't wait till Wednesday!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2boysaz
Stats: 5'6" - 188.2/182.4/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: June 23,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Steph, wanted to give you this link to read about the effects of JUDDD that can occur over weeks (beyond just 2 weeks): ~~* JUDDD MAGIC *~~ a survey....
Thanks for the link! Very encouraging stuff for us newbies.
I'm just beginning week 1 on JUDDD and trying to learn all about it so I appreciated the thread!
mommy2boysaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Steph: Love the article! I'll bet you look beautiful in that gown!! You gotta share some photos, K??? We are all excited for you and with you!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #51
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/213/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Steph, I'm late to the party but I'm glad you are doing better.

Your books look great. I have vacation coming and I'm looking for some good reads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millergirl1976 View Post
I am reading, reading up on JUDDD and going to start probably next week, maybe the week following, depending on how RFL goes for me. It is basically two weeks of down days... Oy! Tough, but I really need it to get myself in to gear.

This is a very, very helpful and honest post! Thank you.
How is RFL going for you? I just started a couple of days ago and so far it is going well for me. My preliminary losses have been good and the 800-900 cals I eat seems like vastly more food than 500

According to the charts in the book, I am supposed to do one free meal and one refeed per week- so I'm thinking of it as 5 DDs (but not TOO down) and 2 UDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Steph:
I had to laugh the other day when a friend observed that most people are goal oriented. We set a goal. We achieve it. We celebrate. We relax in that accomplishment and move on to another.

Not with losing weight! This friend recently went back to school and graduated with two degrees. She walked, adorned in blue cap and gown, with the rest of the 2012 class to receive her reward. The coveted diploma! She said, "The next day I didn't have to go back to school! Woo-Hoo! I did it! Mission accomplished!"

Then she pointed out that with losing weight it's different. You reach your goal on the scale. Woo-Hoo! But unlike not going back to college the next day, we losers have to continue the journey....

Sorry this got out of hand! Ha. You inspire me to wax on.
Your friend is a genius!

3/24/14- She is Beautiful 10k- I won!, 7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won!
9/14/14- Title 9K, 11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:23 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyitworks
Stats: 185/168/130 -17 Woohoo!
WOE: JUDDD (Is there any other way?)
Start Date: Restart July 2012 JUDDD. Start May 2012 Atkins
Tuesday...Wednesday....

The suspense may kill me! LOL!!!
hollyitworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:29 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2boysaz
Stats: 5'6" - 188.2/182.4/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: June 23,2012
Congrats on the award and the article! How wonderful!
Happy to hear you are seeing some happy results on the scale this week, too!
Enjoy your award ceremony!
mommy2boysaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I think this means.. your STAYING with us~ Whoo hoo.. Cant wait to see what Wednesday results are soo exciting~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/148.0/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post

How is RFL going for you? I just started a couple of days ago and so far it is going well for me. My preliminary losses have been good and the 800-900 cals I eat seems like vastly more food than 500

According to the charts in the book, I am supposed to do one free meal and one refeed per week- so I'm thinking of it as 5 DDs (but not TOO down) and 2 UDs.
Well, I made it four days and then was out of town and had an up day Saturday, so I just started in the JUDDD rotation. After a week, I am definitely down a couple pounds. I was at the point where I was so disappointed with myself for gaining some weight back that I didnt weigh. I just started a week ago yesterday.
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #56
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/213/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by millergirl1976 View Post
Well, I made it four days and then was out of town and had an up day Saturday, so I just started in the JUDDD rotation. After a week, I am definitely down a couple pounds. I was at the point where I was so disappointed with myself for gaining some weight back that I didnt weigh. I just started a week ago yesterday.
Whatever works is the way to go.

I am on day 4 and it is almost freaky how calm and in control I feel with RFL. I went shopping last night and bought some FF dairy products As distasteful as they are to my low carb heart and soul, they do open up a lot of meal options.

At some point I will transition out of this plan, it isn't something to do forever. I just needed the "rapid" part for awhile because my clothes don't fit and I am generally annoyed with myself at this weight.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
Congrats on the article! You're beautiful to boot!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terri B
Stats: 295/220/190 6'0"
WOE: LC/I.F.
Start Date: 4/26/12
I just had to post so I could bookmark this thread. I'm in suspense too! I want to know how Steph turned out after two weeks!

I'm a HUGE IF fan. Matter of fact, today is a fasting day for me. I need to get out of this office and go shopping on my lunch break!
Terri B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Oh, I can't wait until tomorrow either!!!

Love the article and can't wait to hear about your trip! Swimming at Disney sounds like heaven to me!

Oh, and I love your pic and article as well!
Especially, loved your quote, ""I figured if I have to lie for a living, then I may as well be a fiction writer."

I wish my dad were alive, he would enjoy this because he was an attorney and so is my dear SIL.

Last edited by sunday; 07-17-2012 at 11:23 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I love a reveal!

Steph-- are you going to DisneyWorld? One of the waterparks (typhoon lagoon, I think) has an amazing "ride" where you SNORKEL with live fish! It might be my favorite thing in all of the parks... I won't go on and on, but I could

Yes, you have one life, and you're surrounded by strangers you don't care about, so have an AWESOME time!

but first-- update us on your progress!
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote