Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lizaij
Stats: 137lb/136lb/120lb
WOE: Atkins
I may sound stupid, but i need your help!

Hello and let me start off with WOW, i love this place, so many great advice and everything! I love it.

I was doing low car for a month and a half now and i really enjoy it! Its just that i haven't lost anything

Well i stumbled upon JUDDD and wow, too good to be true!

I want to do it low carb though, but usually low carb = high carb. I am also wondering if i could alternate splenda with Real sugar depending on the Day.

I was thinking on my UD it would be Low carb, High calories.
On my DD it would be High Carb, Low calories.

Is that right? Or is it okay??/

Also, on my UD, most of my calories would be from veggies and fruits ( which on Atkins i couldn't eat all the veggies i wanted so i am excited for that) and well of course some sweets. Could i still Omit bread and rice or should i just eat them during my UD??

I really enjoy low carbing, but i want to try JUDDD so bad.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciate it!!
Lizaij is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SpinDizzie
Stats: 283/203/130
WOE: Moderate Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: 6/4/12 start:205 current:202
You can do both, actually. Low carb and JUDDD are a good pair. I had problems, however, not watching my carb intake and got a little crazy. I'm on week 2 at induction levels again, and am much more in control. If you have triggers with carbs, I wouldn't recommend your DD being low cal/high carb. You may find it difficult. JMO, though.
SpinDizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:29 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I am exactly the same as SpinDizzy. I will wait to add simple carbs once I reach goal with JUDDD. I can't seem to do this WOE with simple carbs, my body doesn't JUDDD as well.

Best wishes Lizaij!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:54 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
If you went to LC because you suspect or know you have a broken carb mechanism, it is best to sneak up on carbs very carefully. Begin with veggies (which are, of course, a great low-cal DD food). Then, when you feel JUDDD Magic is established, gradually experiment with one small portion of high-carb/sweet food at a time. Eat it then pay careful attention to how your body reacts. If you feel hungry, if you feel triggered, back off for a week or longer.

I had to test some foods, like bread, several times before I stopped having a 'gosh-why-am-I-still-hungry reaction to them. But, for me, eventually I reached eat whatever I want, just respect the calories.

JUDDD is an excellent WOL that encourages each of us to learn about ourselves and our metabolisms. Which can be a huge help in having a long, happy maintenance.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:55 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for the support!

Yeah i sadly do have triggers with those darn Carbs hehe. So keep both Low during my DD days?

Also am i allowed with those 100 Calorie Packs? I am kind of scared of those, but i just want to know in case of emergencies and i find myself needing for something.

Its going to be weird to eat carbs now. Being in induction (well i cheated by over eating the cheese hehe) for over a month, i was getting used to it. Let's see how it goes. I plan on starting the week a return from my vacation, and i can start searching for foods that will be under 400. (Scary)

OMG, you guys have no clue how excited/scared i am of this diet! Im just so mind blown that this works (i hope).

Thank you for the best wishes, Sunday, good luck as well and Congrats on 25lb Down!!!

Now i am having trouble deciding on what to eat on those DD. Munch on Lettuce and Celery? LOL
On my UD i will eat what i eat currently, but with the exception of my occasional sweet craving and eat as much avocado as i want!

Oh, last question, do i have to eat 2000 calories (according to the calculator) on my UD? how can i reach up to that without eating a bunch of junk food or simple carbs? (Can't believe i just wrote that. Im not craving breads or any junk food for the matter.....Wow. Low carb really changes you )

THANK YOU SOO MUCH!
Old 07-11-2012, 05:00 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
If you went to LC because you suspect or know you have a broken carb mechanism, it is best to sneak up on carbs very carefully. Begin with veggies (which are, of course, a great low-cal DD food). Then, when you feel JUDDD Magic is established, gradually experiment with one small portion of high-carb/sweet food at a time. Eat it then pay careful attention to how your body reacts. If you feel hungry, if you feel triggered, back off for a week or longer.

I had to test some foods, like bread, several times before I stopped having a 'gosh-why-am-I-still-hungry reaction to them. But, for me, eventually I reached eat whatever I want, just respect the calories.

JUDDD is an excellent WOL that encourages each of us to learn about ourselves and our metabolisms. Which can be a huge help in having a long, happy maintenance.

Wait so, i can't have the cookie cake that i have been looking at in the store for two weeks!!!! (I am obsessed with sweets, but i have manage to control it thanks to low carbing hehe)

I actually was going to have a cheat day today (atkins) by eating a slice of cookie cake, since yesterday i felt miserable thinking i could never ever have my sweets.

I don't miss the other high carb stuff, just the sweets. :0
Old 07-11-2012, 05:16 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Are you allowed with those 100 Calorie Packs?
You are allowed anything your little heart desires AND keeps you on track. I keep a few of them around just in case. YOU get to experiment and find what WOE works best for you on DD and on UD. Protein is an appetite suppressant for many of us. So, we work small amounts in on DD. (Hint: get a food scale.)

OMG, you guys have no clue how excited/scared i am of this diet! Im just so mind blown that this works (i hope).
Oh, yes we do actually. Oh golly, yes we do. Starting JUDDD is a combo of pure terror and uplifting hope. Living JUDDD, for many of us, becomes a whole new relationship with food and with our own bodies. I cannot tell you have scared I was at first...or how much I love JUDDD now.

Now i am having trouble deciding on what to eat on those DD.
Read the DD recipe threads. Read the DD food discussions. Prepare for some interesting experimentation. Plan, plan, plan. And, in that plan, include a few foods that will take care of you on 'hormonal hunger' days and still keep you within your max weight loss cals on the website. Going a bit over the DD cals you planned does NOT mean failure - it is just 'life happens'.

do i have to eat 2000 calories?
At first, while DDs are flooding your body with sirtuin enzymes and you are getting used to the DD/UD rotation, I think it is best to eat your UD calories.

After two weeks or so, UDs become another place you get to do some experimenting. UD is meant to break the DD and be enjoyable. There is some low point below which you risk stalling (for me, it is my RMR. I have to eat RMR + 50 calories or I stall. But, that is just me.) AND, of course, there is some point above which you stall. (For me, that is RMR + about 400 cals) YOU get to try different things and figure out what UD range is best for you.

Oh, and have a good vacation!!! WELCOME to JUDDD!

Last edited by gotsomeold; 07-11-2012 at 05:18 AM..
Old 07-11-2012, 05:32 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
depending on how your bloodsugar functions, High Carb on a DD, well it would kill me. DD's are the time I stay low carb. If I carb up when I am not getting many calories, my hypoglycemia would kick in and I would be on the floor.

DD's are a work in process. Play around with various foods till you find the right stuff for you!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:46 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
A thought to add to the wisdom you've already gotten. First, plan what and how much simple carbs you feel are okay for you (again, lots of wisdom here). Then, look at the 2-day period of a UD and a DD. Place those carbs into the 2 days in the way you feel is best for you. Perhaps it's fine to sprinkle them throughout, if you are not a person who reacts to cravings too much. Or, perhaps you'd like to place them at the suppertime of an UD, so that cravings they may start up won't have time to bother you much.

I don't like to have too many simple carbs on a DD for a very selfish reason - I'm so hopeful for my weigh-in the next morning! I'm protective of the 24 hours leading up to my after-DD weigh-ins, and I like to eat "clean" on a DD so that my body is not trying to release excess water weight at scale time. I enjoy some simple carbs on UDs, but I happen to be a person who's not severely affected by carb-cravings.

And even for someone who's not, it can be tough, because beyond the physical cravings there is the convenience factor and the downright absentmindedness that sends us all to fast food and prepared food. So, long story short, plan.

Also, when you're having that treat you've been thinking about for weeks, take small bites.

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

OH thank you thank you for the very wonderful comments! SO excited!!!

I will start experimenting, and since i love veggies i think it will be my staple for my DD. This is all so crazy to me. I am a little intimidating with the planning though (sight)

See, i have two jobs, both of them are Mexican restaurants (great huh?)
SO i have to eat at my job usually. I eat Ground beef or Shredded beef (beef tips) with lettuce, tomato, mushrooms and that is it. I am wondering if i could ever have that in my DD? I will check for calorie content. i could eat their salads as well and maybe pay a little extra for some grill chicken (mmmm)

Gotsomeold, thank you for all the answers, i am very excited to start this way of life.

Again Everyone thank you. I better start "planning" before i start. I just don't even know how! LOL. i hope i can still eat at my job, its my only time to eat! haha.

I want to start preparing my food on my only day off (thank god for sundays) but the thing is that my parents usually already cook for me when i tell them not too. See my mother constantly to eat white breads and rice because it will "fill you up".

So for now, i'll just eat lots and lots of low calories veggies and meat! Yummm
Old 07-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Sorry for the little thread jack, but what is RMR?
Thanks,
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
Oh, I actually know an answer, Scotty.

It is "Resting Metabolic Rate".

Lisaij, I just remembered your mention of Splenda. I would like to recommend you try Stevia. I purchase it in packets under the brand name "Truvia". Read about it on the net.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Just a quick question. What are the stats you are using to calculate your calorie levels? (age, height, weight, activity level). I'm asking because at your weight, 2000 seems like a lot of calories, unless you are very young or very active.

Yes, you can still eat on the job. Chicken fajitas with just the meat and veggies, the ground beef dish you mentioned, a taco salad with just salsa for dressing. Just figure the calories.

And JUDDD doesn't care what foods you eat to make the calorie limits. You could do it all on twinkies and ho-ho's if you wanted. But it wouldn't be very wise, because you'd be starving on DD's. One thing to keep in mind is that the food you eat on an UD is the fuel you use to get through the low cal DD. The more nourishing that food is, the better your DD will go. Absolutely enjoy a treat if you can do so without triggering lots of binge eating. Just make sure you've got protein, good fat and veggies and fruits in there too.

As to getting calories up without resorting to junk--fat usually does it the fastest. Add avocado to a salad, chopped eggs too. Butter on veggies or to cook your eggs. A handful of almonds for a snack. Some good dark chocolate for dessert.

As for eating mom's cooking, could you ask her to cook more veggies? And skip the white bread/pasta if that's the way you want to do it? Or just have a smaller serving of the pasta and more of the sauce.

Welcome! I think you're going to like it here.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Welcome, Liza! I'm one who tries to mainly do low carb with JUDDD. Any carbs I choose to have comes on my Saturday UD. I have a sweet tooth beyond believe!! I have a DD menu that I stick to and it includes lots of fats (proteins do squat for keeping me satisfied). Go into the stick DD threads to get ideas and also the daily eating threads to see what people are eating on their DD. Myself, I find a routine menu on my DD easy to stick to and don't have to think about it!!

Best wishes on your journey!
Old 07-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Stats: 227/175/? 5'8"
Start Date: started JUDDD 3/22/2012

Sheridan's Helpful Hint For New JUDDD BUDDS:

Dig out a pair of pants that you can't fit into that you've hidden in the back of your closet; jeans or something similar is preferable. If that's not possible, go to a thrift/charity shop and buy a pair of pants that are somewhat too small to get into. Try those pants on frequently, especially if you show no downward movement on the scale. You will almost certainly be amazed at the changes your body is making even though you may not always see it documented on the scale. Pants are a much better tool to show progress than is the scale. As you are able to fit comfortably into the tight pants, go get another pair to use as a gauge.

Another thing is to go out and get a measuring tape and measure yourself right at the beginning and periodically retake those measurements. Very often you will find you're shrinking even though the scale doesn't show it.

I prefer using clothes as a progress gauge for a couple of reasons. First, we all wear clothes and we know when they're too tight, when they fit just right, and when they're too big. It's one thing to see a number (on the tape measure or on the scale), and another thing to 'feel' how our clothes fit. I don't know about you, but I get much more of a thrill when I can finally zip up a pair of pants and be able to breathe normally than I ever do over a number. I can't 'feel' the number but I can sure feel how my clothes fit.

Secondly, it's hard to take all the measurements one would need to take to show all the progress we've made. Sometimes we lose in the areas we haven't measured and wouldn't have ever thought to measure. The clothes show it, though.

Wishing you success!

JUDDD has changed my life
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Thank you all again. This is why i love this site!!!

Whitlin' I actually don't use splenda. (only for my morning coffee.) I use SweetDrops Stevia. Is that one it? I use the liquid one. But i haven't touched it in a while now. i used to use it to make low carb cheesecake and peanut butter cookies (used Splenda thought) which i was ADDICTED TO and was the main reason (and the cheese) why i couldn't do induction properly. Then i started using Liquid "Splenda" and i still have yet to figure out how many drops to use!!!

Bmykidsteacher These are my stats:

I am 18 years old, 129, 5'7-5'8, and work everyday as a waitress. Im standing for a good bit of the day. Im not sure if thats active?

And yes, fat sounds good, but it doesn't really fill me up like everyone says. I eat a lot of protein too, and doesn't fill me at all!!!! Maybe i am not eating enough FAT!!! Im scared i will over-eat the salami & pepperoni though. But on UD i won't have to worry

vanilla_latte I was planning on doing the same thing. Well that is if you were saying eat a treat on once a week (on UD of corse). I want to continue to keep my UD low carb. More veggies for me

Sheridan Thank you for your warm welcome!

You have no idea how I HATE that scale. I can be 124 in the morning and 5 hours later be 129 again....... its frustrating. That's why i am scared of JUDDD. Im on induction, and i want to finish my two weeks before starting JUDDD. It's been a tough battle (been trying to "do" induction for a month...) and i've lost only 5lb but its better than nothing.

The thing is though, i am so afraid of that scale to go higher and higher since i will be eating carbs again. I tell myself not to go on it, but its so tempting.

I will try to look for some tight pants. I will take you great advice and start using my clothes instead of that darn scale.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Ok, with those stats and little to no activity (most feel it's best to not include exercise because really, if you've worked so hard to burn those calories, WHY would you want to eat them back? Unless you are training for a marathon, or doing really intense workouts 5-7 days a week, in which case you might actually NEED the extra calories), I come up with UD cals at 1736, and your DD cals at 347 for 20% all the way up to 781 at 45% wlm. (If you ate up to 781 on a DD, you'd still be in wlm, but your losses would likely slow).

There is no reason to add carbs at first to JUDDD if you don't want to. You CAN, but you certainly don't have to. Stick with lc if it makes you feel better/safer, and add carbs in slowly so you can see how you react.

And you may be one that gets full and stays full longer by large volumes of veggies with a small amount of lean protein. That's fine too. You get to find the foods that satisfy you, nourish you and make you feel good. And then eat them. Just because fat and protein works for someone else doesn't mean it does for you. And JUDDD lets you eat what works FOR YOU.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Liza!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post

I don't know how you made that little guy and his sign, Sheridan, but you're awesome! And so true - the pants don't lie! We also need one like a warning sign - "warning! Pants on the ground!" or something similar for every time someone posts that their underwear or pants fell down (or threatened to fall)!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I don't know how you made that little guy and his sign, Sheridan, but you're awesome! And so true - the pants don't lie! We also need one like a warning sign - "warning! Pants on the ground!" or something similar for every time someone posts that their underwear or pants fell down (or threatened to fall)!
Sheridan, please make one!!! Sophie, I may even make this as my avatar!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #21
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Missed this earlier, but you have had great advice here.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Your wish is my command.

How's this?

Old 07-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Sheridan!
We all need this one!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Your wish is my command.

How's this?

omg, OMG!!!! I am hands-covering-my-mouth laughing so the rest of the family won't think I've gone all the way crazy!!! This is THE BEST! Thank you, Sheridan!!!

Sunday, I don't know if you post elsewhere on LCF, but you will be sure to get lots of questions and giggles over that avatar! I love it!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Your wish is my command.

How's this?

It!
I'm in the baggy panties phase of JUDDD so I may need to invoke that smiley soon.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
omg, OMG!!!! I am hands-covering-my-mouth laughing so the rest of the family won't think I've gone all the way crazy!!! This is THE BEST! Thank you, Sheridan!!!

Sunday, I don't know if you post elsewhere on LCF, but you will be sure to get lots of questions and giggles over that avatar! I love it!!!
How would I make this my avi, because it is so perfect! I am definitely all for this!
Old 07-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
How would I make this my avi, because it is so perfect! I am definitely all for this!
Well, it's too large to use as an avatar pic, but it's plenty small enough to use in your signature.

I tried shrinking it to the avatar limits and it looked goofy.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well, it's too large to use as an avatar pic, but it's plenty small enough to use in your signature.

I tried shrinking it to the avatar limits and it looked goofy.
Thanks Sheridan! I do believe that this is going to become the most popular siggy on JUDDD!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks Sheridan! I do believe that this is going to become the most popular siggy on JUDDD!
Hehehe!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sheridan, that is one of the most beautiful things I have even seen!