Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Purposeful "Cheat" Days, or in JUDDD terms, "UUAADs" (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/777743-purposeful-cheat-days-juddd-terms-uuaads.html)

IThinkICan 07-10-2012 08:05 PM

Purposeful "Cheat" Days, or in JUDDD terms, "UUAADs"

Just curious... what is everyone's experiences with weight after having a really nice UUAAD, like 500+ calories over on an UD.

I'm sure for many (but maybe not all) that the immediate result is a gain... but in the few days following... after a couple DDs in the proper rotation, do you ever find the scale actually taking a good dip lower? Looking back over my numbers, it looks like every time I hit a new low on the scale, it was within a week of an UUAAD. Then I started reading about people who purposely plan such "cheat" days to boost weight loss. I'm curious if anyone around here actually plans UUAADs for that purpose.

KathyL 07-10-2012 08:20 PM

Yes....I have had this happen. Makes me wonder if my UDs weren't high enough to begin with. Even in maintenance I see it happen.

Erika1962 07-11-2012 02:39 AM

Dear gawd I hope this is true! Just had a nice UUAAD yesterday:confused:

gotsomeold 07-11-2012 04:20 AM

Has not happened to me (yet). My occasional UUADs resulted in a bounce that melted quickly away then my average weight loss rate resumed. But, if it ever happens I will not complain.

adillenal 07-11-2012 04:22 AM

My too often UUAD's result in a gain about 2 to 3 days later and then I have to work harder to get it back down to where I started. Now when I was new I could do UUAD days and still lose but closer to goal now and that feature is no longer available. Darn.
Depends on the individual I would suppose.

IThinkICan 07-11-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 15791466)
My too often UUAD's result in a gain about 2 to 3 days later and then I have to work harder to get it back down to where I started. Now when I was new I could do UUAD days and still lose but closer to goal now and that feature is no longer available. Darn.
Depends on the individual I would suppose.

When I read about planned "cheat" days on diets, often they mean once a month or so... though a few were once a week. That sounds risky to me though. Too often and I'd think you'd mess up your rhythm too much.

Scotty 07-11-2012 01:57 PM

I've had a few UUAA days, but not 500 cals, more like 1000 cals....and then it takes at least a week to get back to where I was. Usually adult beverages are involved...sigh...

DD80 07-11-2012 05:16 PM

I've done it quite a bit, to be honest. I maintain pretty well eating whatever on UDs and sticking to my DD numbers.

sunday 07-11-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 15793186)
I've had a few UUAA days, but not 500 cals, more like 1000 cals....and then it takes at least a week to get back to where I was. Usually adult beverages are involved...sigh...

Yes, this happens. Not quite like Snooki, but I have been there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD80 (Post 15793675)
I've done it quite a bit, to be honest. I maintain pretty well eating whatever on UDs and sticking to my DD numbers.

Oh, to be young and free. :sad: I love to watch the youth beating me at this game. :cry: If I have an UUAD it is because of birthday, Christmas, or family get togethers. I say we can't let JUDDDing cause us to miss the special moments.

Norfolk Mermaid 07-15-2012 04:59 AM

WHAT IS A UUAD? Did I see a "terms" initials definitions somewhere. So uck not to be able to figure out the letters. thanks,
Elaine

Scotty 07-15-2012 06:00 AM

Sunday "ah to be young and free..."etc (doing this on my kindle and can't figure out how to quote text) I hear that!
Elaine That mean up up and away day:D DD and UD are down and up day. :)

Norfolk Mermaid 07-15-2012 06:26 AM

Thanks Scotty,

would have never guessed that. I'd say UUAD would have to start at 2000+ cals. and my first & only so far UD I was stuffed at 1500 there abouts cals. I did not like some of my choices that I had just because I could- puddings in those little cups are uck- will go for the real banana pudding fresh at one of the markets that has a good one but only once or twice a month on an UD. Next week this time I should be doing very well.
Thanks again Scotty.
e.

gotsomeold 07-16-2012 03:36 AM

I think the UUAD concept was 'invented' on this forum. It does not mean a specific number of calories. Just means, wow - I ate way over my planned allotment!

:hyst: You may find yourself having one now and again, even though 1500 cals were almost too much. I think we invented the concept, in part, as a way of reassuring ourselves that occasional UUADs do no lasting damage. But frequent/regular UUADs can have a rather negative impact on weight loss and NSVs.

Norfolk Mermaid 07-16-2012 05:47 AM

NSVs????
thanks, Nancy

Joyjoy 07-16-2012 05:56 AM

Non-Scale Victories. :) One of the best threads here.

gotsomeold 07-16-2012 07:32 AM

Oh yeah, Mermaid! Especially when one is 'of or beyond a certain age' health benefits beyond mere (yeah, right, 'mere') weight loss become very interesting.

Check out the non-scale victories thread if you have not done so.