Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,261
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
What do YOU do to kill a craving?

Here is my problem right now and I need some good ideas.

It's a DD and I want to save my calories for a dinner I have to attend tonight at a great restaurant. I already know what I'm going to have.

Right now, I am craving, craving, craving the leftover pizza that is in the refrigerator! I'm trying to talk myself out of it. I know this is not serious hunger. This is a serious craving to eat something I don't need but I want.

How do some of you overcome strong cravings? Should I take one bite of it? I'm afraid if I do that, I'll eat it all!

I really don't want to throw it in the trash. It's half a pizza and I really want to save it for tomorrow.

Dang! I guess I better go somewhere to get away from the pizza. I swear I hear it calling to me inside the foil wrapper. Can you guys hear that???
__________________
Yam-Yam

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,212
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
YamYam, I can hear it and I don't even like pizza!
I'm new. Keep that in mind. But when my craving reaches a level beyond the rational, I have two choices. Eat it, which will not be pretty or restrained, or throw it out, because I am worth more than chips (we'll use one of my callers).
I have done both, lived through both, and learned from both. I'll tell you, though, every time I do the first one, I wish I'd done the second.
All the best either way. If you do discover the secret to taking one bite, I'd love to hear it.
__________________
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
scammble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 197
Gallery: scammble
Stats: 297/255/undecided
WOE: Low carb- no specific plan
Start Date: 08-26-13
Under those circumstances I would stick the pizza in the freezer - will be fine tomorrow and out of the fridge then I would either go for a swim, go shopping, hit the library etc - any activity that keeps me out of the house until time to get ready for my yummy dinner.
scammble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Sheridan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Aggieland
Posts: 6,370
Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Yam-Yam

Go to the refrigerator and wrap the pizza up in foil and stick it in the freezer. Less tempting to try and sneak a bite and won't be nearly as good as it will be TOMORROW when you CAN have it.

Go do this right now.

Then get up and go for a short walk, anywhere. Even if it's just up to the corner and back.

If you still have pizza brain when you return, go get a pickle (dill or sugar free sweet) and eat it slowly. Really chew it. That ought to help.


You ARE stronger than that pizza! And I'm a pizza lover, so I really know what you mean.
__________________


Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Sheridan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Aggieland
Posts: 6,370
Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
LOL, scammble! I was typing while you were posting. Great minds think alike!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,261
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
YamYam, I can hear it and I don't even like pizza!
I'm new. Keep that in mind. But when my craving reaches a level beyond the rational, I have two choices. Eat it, which will not be pretty or restrained, or throw it out, because I am worth more than chips (we'll use one of my callers).
I have done both, lived through both, and learned from both. I'll tell you, though, every time I do the first one, I wish I'd done the second.
All the best either way. If you do discover the secret to taking one bite, I'd love to hear it.


Kristen: You always say the best stuff! I love your posts. That line about the two choices and wishing you had done the second really is gonna stick with me and is helping me already!

My most dramatic (and I guess you could say expensive) trash-it incident was at Christmas time. Some of DH's business vendors sent See's Candy through the mail as Christmas gifts like they often do at that time of year. I think we had about 5 boxes of it and they were the big ones. 2 pounds each?

Anyway, we had a lot of company including all our kids and grand kids who stayed at our house for a whole week. I opened some and put them out for family, visitors and guests. But nobody ate much.

I tried to send them home with kids and grand kids, but they are all health conscious and don't like the kids eating sugary stuff very much.

The morning after everyone left the house seemed so empty. I was here by myself and those chocolate covered yummies were here too. I ate one, then two, then three....THEN? I grabbed a trash bag, put them all in it and drove to the county dump!!

I told my BFF about it. She is on WW and has lost 75 pounds. She very sternly asked me if I knew how expensive See's candy is and why didn't I send them to my DH's office the next day or give them to someone.

Well, if I had waited for DH to take them to his office the next day, I would have eaten lots more!! I didn't want to have to get presentable and drive all the way to his office or anywhere else. I just knew I had to get rid of those evil calorie and fat filled little Bugger s before they got to me!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,540
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Good thinking throwing out the candy!

I agree, freeze the pizza, tomorrow is an UD! Enjoy it guilt free then!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,540
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I don't typically throw stuff in the trash...but I am heck for garbage disposal and turning it on immediately!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,261
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Thanks you lovely Budds!!

Sheridan: When you said "do this now" I put down my laptop, got up, put extra foil on it (not even gonna say the word again) Took it out into the garage and put it in my deep freezer. We have a long driveway so I walked to the end of it to check the mailbox.

Trying do decide now about the pickle. Hmmmmm.... will that make me more hungry or less? I guess I should experiment. My tummy is growling and I know it's probably because I started salivating when I was thinking about the "thing" and now tummy is saying "OK? Where's my food that was supposed to be on it's way??" This is self-induced hunger for sure!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,261
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Stacey: Good idea about the swimming. That is definitely an option.

Monica: I have done the garbage disposal, too. Same idea as going to the dump. If I would have put those boxes of candy in the trash can, I might have been tempted to get them back out! Especially the ones that had not even been opened! Am I crazy, or what???
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Sheridan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Aggieland
Posts: 6,370
Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Thanks you lovely Budds!!

Sheridan: When you said "do this now" I put down my laptop, got up, put extra foil on it (not even gonna say the word again) Took it out into the garage and put it in my deep freezer. We have a long driveway so I walked to the end of it to check the mailbox.

Trying do decide now about the pickle. Hmmmmm.... will that make me more hungry or less? I guess I should experiment. My tummy is growling and I know it's probably because I started salivating when I was thinking about the "thing" and now tummy is saying "OK? Where's my food that was supposed to be on it's way??" This is self-induced hunger for sure!
Good thinkin'!

My thinking on the pickle is if you chew it really slow it will satisfy you enough to get through until tonight. Try some broth if that doesn't do it. You CAN do this, Yam. you really can.

I can be a bossy *somethingorother, huh?
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,261
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Good thinkin'!

My thinking on the pickle is if you chew it really slow it will satisfy you enough to get through until tonight. Try some broth if that doesn't do it. You CAN do this, Yam. you really can.

I can be a bossy *somethingorother, huh?
Boss me around, Mama! You can even whack me on the head or kick me in the rear! Sometimes I need it!

Ahhhhhhh....just having someone to run to and say and know I will get it is awesome. While I'm typing I can't put anything in my mouth.

Got my ice water here and I just took out the lemon rind that is in it and licked it!!! Trying to numb my tastebuds.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,261
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Sheridan: I just noticed your new lower number! WTG!!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member
 
Whitlin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 988
Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Hi, YamYam.

Proud of you for recognizing the situation and being decisive!

I keep the Extra brand of gum in the "Desserts" flavors on hand. 5 calories that make my mouth feel like I couldn't possibly eat food right now - and I can make that feeling last a long enough time to get busy on a project or something. You might have noticed my conversation with Barb (BabsBabs) about this. We both like the Strawberry Shortcake one. I like the Chocolate Mint Chip Ice Cream, but not the Apple Pie she enjoys because it seems like it's the wrong season for a warm dessert.
__________________
.
Sandwich generation caregiver, with eldercare in my busy family's home.

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member
 
GrannyPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 128
Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Freezer was definitely the way to go.

I should have did that yesterday with the garlic knots. It ruined the rest of my UD.

-------------
Mere

Last edited by GrannyPants; 07-09-2012 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: spelling
GrannyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member
 
CaTriGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 729
Gallery: CaTriGirl
WOE: hhcg
Great idea with putting it in the freezer!

Wow! I'm impressed you threw away all the candy! WTG!!!

When I have cravings I usually have hot tea, coffee or chewing gum. Or get busy on a project ie: laundry, cleaning etc.

Good for you for putting it in the freezer!
CaTriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,261
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
It's working, Girls! And now I just put hair color on my roots. I hate the smell of hair color! This is a good appetite killer!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,840
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
LOL @ the hair color fumes!

Didn't we have a thread a while back about stuff that grosses us out too much to eat?
I remember posting "Watching Bones and Fringe."

Something that works for me is lemonade or iced tea with lots of lemon. Doesn't exactly kill the craving, but everything tastes weird to me after eating lemon, so I don't want to eat anything for a while.

Same thing after brushing my teeth or chewing gum.

Another thing might be eating wedges of lemon with a little bit of sea salt.
The sour + the salt (and the minerals in sea salt) might kill cravings...or distract you from them for a little while.
__________________
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." --Ace Rimmer
"Really, how is eating a piece of cake bad? Being bad is murdering someone.
That's bad. Don't do that." --Sarah Michelle Gellar
****************************************
New lows, 2014:
7/27 275.4
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,261
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
Hi, YamYam.

Proud of you for recognizing the situation and being decisive!

I keep the Extra brand of gum in the "Desserts" flavors on hand. 5 calories that make my mouth feel like I couldn't possibly eat food right now - and I can make that feeling last a long enough time to get busy on a project or something. You might have noticed my conversation with Barb (BabsBabs) about this. We both like the Strawberry Shortcake one. I like the Chocolate Mint Chip Ice Cream, but not the Apple Pie she enjoys because it seems like it's the wrong season for a warm dessert.
Tanks. Those gum flavors sound awesomely gooooood. I'm going to have to look for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyPants View Post
Freezer was definitely the way to go.

I should have did that yesterday with the garlic knots. It ruined the rest of my UD.

-------------
Mere
I don't know what garlic knots are but so sorry they got the best of you yesterday! I was seriously feeling like I was in a battle ROYALE today when I wanted the pizza. I probably wouldn't have thought of it except when I was packing DH's lunch he said he wanted pizza. That meant I had to cut it, look at it, smell it wrap it...then I could not stop thinking of it and how good it was last night. Next time he might have to pack his own lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaTriGirl View Post
Great idea with putting it in the freezer!

Wow! I'm impressed you threw away all the candy! WTG!!!

When I have cravings I usually have hot tea, coffee or chewing gum. Or get busy on a project ie: laundry, cleaning etc.

Good for you for putting it in the freezer!
I felt bad when BFF yelled at me about it and also that evening when DH asked me where it was because he wanted some! I told him I took it to the dump and threw it in what we call the big "Copper Chopper". He just looked at me and said, "Oh." and I said. "Don't ask". He knows I have a candy bar addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
LOL @ the hair color fumes!

Didn't we have a thread a while back about stuff that grosses us out too much to eat?

I remember posting "Watching Bones and Fringe."

Something that works for me is lemonade or iced tea with lots of lemon. Doesn't exactly kill the craving, but everything tastes weird to me after eating lemon, so I don't want to eat anything for a while.

Same thing after brushing my teeth or chewing gum.

Another thing might be eating wedges of lemon with a little bit of sea salt.
The sour + the salt (and the minerals in sea salt) might kill cravings...or distract you from them for a little while.
Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that thread. We should try to find it! I think I said changing my grand baby's diaper!

Guess I need to put sea salt on my shopping list along with the gum. Do they usually sell it right by the regular salt? I don't think I've ever had sea salt.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Oregon Coast
Posts: 790
Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Over salt the pizza, hurry
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #21
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,336
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Reminds me, my roots are due to be touched up. And it's a DD. Perfect.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Sheridan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Aggieland
Posts: 6,370
Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Boss me around, Mama! You can even whack me on the head or kick me in the rear! Sometimes I need it!

Ahhhhhhh....just having someone to run to and say and know I will get it is awesome. While I'm typing I can't put anything in my mouth.

Got my ice water here and I just took out the lemon rind that is in it and licked it!!! Trying to numb my tastebuds.
Naw. I'd never kick your rear or whack your head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Sheridan: I just noticed your new lower number! WTG!!!!
Thank you! As of today, I've lost 75 pounds since this time last year. And 45 of that was from JUDDD when I started on March 22. Pretty pleased, myself, and thanks again for noticing!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,261
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Reminds me, my roots are due to be touched up. And it's a DD. Perfect.
I missed a little spot right in the front. Darn. It's gonna drive me nuts. Wonder how that happened? I have some "Just for men mustache and beard" and on Thursday before I wash my hair again I'm going to dab some on. I use that in between coloring and it works beautifully. After a few weeks when my side part is showing, I dab some of that on and only leave it on for 3 minutes. I do my eyebrows every now and then too with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Naw. I'd never kick your rear or whack your head!

Thank you! As of today, I've lost 75 pounds since this time last year. And 45 of that was from JUDDD when I started on March 22. Pretty pleased, myself, and thanks again for noticing!
You are doing an amazing job!!! I'm so proud of you!!! You must feel like a different person. What would you say feels the most different?
Also, you are just an inch shorter than I am. You must look awesome and thin!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #24
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,336
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Naw. I'd never kick your rear or whack your head!

Thank you! As of today, I've lost 75 pounds since this time last year. And 45 of that was from JUDDD when I started on March 22. Pretty pleased, myself, and thanks again for noticing!
WOWSERS!!! You're killing it!!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,840
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Do they usually sell it right by the regular salt? I don't think I've ever had sea salt.
Yes! It's yummy!
Table salt tastes like chemicals after you get used to sea salt.
Personally I prefer *unrefined* salt (sea, Celtic, or Himalayan), which isn't white; it may look like pink sand or rather dirty, and is NOT usually found in grocery stores. I get it at health food stores or online. It's not terribly expensive...$3-4/lb or less if you shop around.

Whoa! Dr Mercola's website says table salt "contributes to cellulite"!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,261
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Yes! It's yummy!
Table salt tastes like chemicals after you get used to sea salt.
Personally I prefer *unrefined* salt (sea, Celtic, or Himalayan), which isn't white; it may look like pink sand or rather dirty, and is NOT usually found in grocery stores. I get it at health food stores or online. It's not terribly expensive...$3-4/lb or less if you shop around.

Whoa! Dr Mercola's website says table salt "contributes to cellulite"!
Didn't see that one coming. Had just taken a sip of water and spritzed it out laughing!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!
 
gotitnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,040
Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
OMG!!! This turned into a hilarious thread too. My giggle-box is turned over! My DGD must think I'm a loon!! I really needed this today! Can't stop laughing about Sheridan being "bossy", the pizza now in the freezer, just everything!!

Sure enjoy all my cyber friends!

Phyl

Adding: It's funny cause it strikes a nerve here!!!(there's pizza in my fridge today too)...and I can SEE it...in the ZIPLOCK!!!!!...Just staring back at me!!!...better make room in my freezer!!!...and go dig out my chewing gum!!!
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,666
Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
Hi, YamYam.

I keep the Extra brand of gum in the "Desserts" flavors on hand. 5 calories that make my mouth feel like I couldn't possibly eat food right now - and I can make that feeling last a long enough time to get busy on a project or something. You might have noticed my conversation with Barb (BabsBabs) about this. We both like the Strawberry Shortcake one. I like the Chocolate Mint Chip Ice Cream, but not the Apple Pie she enjoys because it seems like it's the wrong season for a warm dessert.
I am partial to the Orange Creme Pop. Would love to find the Chocolate CHip Mint Ice cream one. 5 calories sounds better than 600 for a pint of ice cream.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,261
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Phyll: I know! Oh, how I love to laugh. Ya'all must think I'm a crazy loon. You'd be right on that.

I am all beautified and dressed for my dinner. My hair got way too curly. Looks like I stuck my finger in an electric socket. Oh well. It will hopefully not scare anyone at the restaurant and hopefully it will calm down tomorrow. It's too late to do anything about it now.

I have not had anything to eat today and I'm feeling fine. Almost sad that I have to blow what could have turned out to be a nice all day fast. I'm planning to order wisely, eat half or less and bring the rest home.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,261
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I am partial to the Orange Creme Pop. Would love to find the Chocolate CHip Mint Ice cream one. 5 calories sounds better than 600 for a pint of ice cream.
You peeps have me all turned on about the gum. I really hope I can find some somewhere.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.