Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I like the mint chocolate chip. I got it at Target.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
You are doing an amazing job!!! I'm so proud of you!!! You must feel like a different person. What would you say feels the most different?

Also, you are just an inch shorter than I am. You must look awesome and thin!
Everything feels different! I can feel my bones. My posture has naturally improved. My face doesn't look distorted. I don't look like the Michelin Man w/ all of the rolls around my middle and the back fat is melting. I do look a lot thinner all over and people have noticed. I don't look nearly as old as I did a year ago but my hair has a lot more silver, go figure. It's truly a wonderful feeling to walk into clothing stores and have way more choices than I have for the past several years. I don't view myself as terminally and hopelessly obese/fat anymore (and that's big for me) because without question, I know I can do this for the rest of my life. I have re-gained my groove, baby!

I was really overweight before and I have a small frame. My wrist measures 5 7/8". You know your frame test where you wrap your forefinger (not the middle finger) around the wrist? Mine overlaps my thumb, so ya', pretty small frame considering my height.

I gained all over (obviously), but it really settled in my gut (did it ever!) and I still have a ways to go before I will think about what my goal ought to look like. I've never had an athletic frame even when I swam all day, every day; always was 'long and lean' (before I got fat).

I don't look "awesome and thin" - YET. But I'm sure I can now get to where I think I look and feel the best. And I look a whole lot better than I did a year ago and I *know* I feel a million times better, and that came from JUDDD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
WOWSERS!!! You're killing it!!!
Thank you, Dawn! You're doing really well, too!!

Yam-Yam, hope you had a real good time tonight. I bet you looked great!

Guess what we had for supper tonight? Three guesses, and the first two don't count! Dang glad it was an UD!!

Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Sheridan: I just loved reading every word of your post! I can hear the joy in your words as you talk about what you used to feel like and how you feel now.

I remember when I was at my highest (230) just feeling very heavy on my feet. One day I was looking at a man who was nice and slim and he seemed to move so effortlessly and easily. There was a twinge in my tummy as I remembered how that felt when I was thinner.

That day I made it my number one goal. I want to feel light on my feet again.

Thanks for thinking of me about last night. I felt pretty cute, actually. I wore a royal blue top that is a great color on me and DH said it makes me look even thinner than I look in some of my other clothes. I wore capris with that.

I did great at dinner, eating about 3 ounces of steak (boxed the rest and brought it home) a mixed salad and asparagus. Oh, and a glass of petite syrah. That was it. I was not that hungry. When others ordered dessert I just said no thanks. There was not anything on the menu I could not live without. (If they would have offered carrot cake, that may have changed everything! ha!)

Funny how today, on my UD, I have no desire whatsoever for the pizza and it remains frozen thanks to you, my friend! Wouldn't you know it?

So, did you have pizza last night?

When you mentioned shopping, I relate there as well. I hated shopping before. Now it's fun again!

BTW: when I do the finger around the wrist test I have almost an inch gap! And I have long slender fingers. Definitely big boned. Can't do anything about it so I have to work with it.

My sisters and I always joked that we are Amazon women. If you go to my profile page and look at the recent picture of me and my sisters on the porch swing, keep in mind I am 5'9" then look at the blond haired sister standing to my right (puts her on the left side of the picture, back row as you look at it). I think she is 6' even and so is my niece who is my same age.

So, when I'm with my family I look normal.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Oh man, I can relate to this struggle!! The ideas on here are really great, as always.

When I get a big craving for something, I quickly take about 5 grams of L-glutamine. Then I get out my boxing gloves and do battle with the little devil and angel that sit on my shoulders. One says, EAT IT. The other says, YOU'LL BE SO SORRY IF YOU DO!! I go back and forth. I never know who is going to win out.

When it is something that I have at home, like the pizza, I have done the freezer trick before and that does help, but it doesn't help for cookies, candy, or tortilla chips. They taste good frozen. How do I know? Don't ask....

You are a strong strong woman to throw away those See's candies. I am too weak to do that. Did you throw out the bordeaux ones too? I those. It is a cruel cruel person who gives See's candy as a gift.

I have done the brushing my teeth thing and that does help a bit. The gum doesn't work for me because I need to chew an entire pack. As soon as the flavor disappears, I am adding more in.

I never ever could eat one bite and stop. My sister used to eat half a Snickers bar and wrap it up and save the rest for the next day. I thought she was insane.

Just thinking about the pizza now has given me a craving. Good thing I don't have any in the house because I think I would eat it!!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Oh man, I can relate to this struggle!! The ideas on here are really great, as always.

When I get a big craving for something, I quickly take about 5 grams of L-glutamine. Then I get out my boxing gloves and do battle with the little devil and angel that sit on my shoulders. One says, EAT IT. The other says, YOU'LL BE SO SORRY IF YOU DO!! I go back and forth. I never know who is going to win out.

When it is something that I have at home, like the pizza, I have done the freezer trick before and that does help, but it doesn't help for cookies, candy, or tortilla chips. They taste good frozen. How do I know? Don't ask....

You are a strong strong woman to throw away those See's candies. I am too weak to do that. Did you throw out the bordeaux ones too? I those. It is a cruel cruel person who gives See's candy as a gift.

I have done the brushing my teeth thing and that does help a bit. The gum doesn't work for me because I need to chew an entire pack. As soon as the flavor disappears, I am adding more in.

I never ever could eat one bite and stop. My sister used to eat half a Snickers bar and wrap it up and save the rest for the next day. I thought she was insane.

Just thinking about the pizza now has given me a craving. Good thing I don't have any in the house because I think I would eat it!!
TRUTH!!! I have even frozen candy bars and managed to eat them frozen.

Me too on the "just can't eat one" slogan. They now sell tiny, one serving bags of Lay's potato chips. On my last UD I was shopping and bought one of those. Can't believe it did it for me. When I buy chips I usually get a huge bag and promise myself I will portion them out, but never do. You can't eat just one -- serving.

I was thinking yesterday about all the things I do not keep in the house anymore and it's staggering. When I'm seriously hungry, I'm forced to eat something healthy because I just don't have the bad stuff here any more.

This has been really great for DH. He always wanted ice cream in the house and ate it almost every night. I don't even care that much for ice cream, but just because it was there I would have a huge bowl, pour chocolate sauce on it and have it with a big glob of peanut butter!

Once he was diagnosed with type II diabetes, no more buying ice cream. He is down almost 30 pounds and his blood sugar tests keep getting better and better.

It amazes me now that I can actually be happy with healthier food choices. I mean, even the pizza. It is a California Pizza Kitchen thin crust garlic chicken. I added artichoke hearts, fresh sliced tomatoes, tons of mushrooms and red pepper flakes. So good but so low calorie.

That's the only kind we have now unless we are somewhere where we can get a Papa Murphy's thin crust pizza.

Much, much healthier than the kind we used to eat once or twice a week!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #36

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I missed this yesterday, you have all had me laughing aloud.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
My sister used to eat half a Snickers bar and wrap it up and save the rest for the next day. I thought she was insane.
!
Beverly, your sister was indeed insane. That's all I have to say at the moment. Have a great day.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Oh, my mom and I used to make a Cadbury's chocolate bar last about a week!
We'd each eat 2 little squares a day. I never knew that people considered a candy bar something they could eat by themselves all at once!
Snickers wasn't our favorite, but if we ever got one, I'm sure it would have taken us 3 days to eat it!
I guess we're WAY crazier than Beverly's sister!!!

I don't know if you can tell, but my mom wasn't big on sugar...

OTOH, I really learned how to "save" a treat for later, and to have just a tiny bit, and truly savor it. I can still usually satisfy a craving for chocolate with 1 Lindt truffle, or a few chocolate chips.

Now, I can go to TOWN on a bag of potato chips, but I never buy full-size candy bars.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CaTriGirl
WOE: hhcg
Quote:

Thanks for thinking of me about last night. I felt pretty cute, actually. I wore a royal blue top that is a great color on me and DH said it makes me look even thinner than I look in some of my other clothes. I wore capris with that.

I did great at dinner, eating about 3 ounces of steak (boxed the rest and brought it home) a mixed salad and asparagus. Oh, and a glass of petite syrah. That was it. I was not that hungry. When others ordered dessert I just said no thanks. There was not anything on the menu I could not live without. (If they would have offered carrot cake, that may have changed everything! ha!)

Funny how today, on my UD, I have no desire whatsoever for the pizza and it remains frozen thanks to you, my friend! Wouldn't you know it?
Way to go eating so well!

I wish I would have thought of all the suggestions yesterday before I went after all my cauli-tots I made and a few tablespoons of cookie butter!! Thankfully I did remember the freezer and tossed that jar of cookie butter in but after I had a few too many bites. Your idea definitely saved me! Im craving it in a big way today so I am glad it is still frozen and I'm going to pretend it would not taste good frozen though I imagine it might be quite divine! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Everything feels different! I can feel my bones. My posture has naturally improved. My face doesn't look distorted. I don't look like the Michelin Man w/ all of the rolls around my middle and the back fat is melting. I do look a lot thinner all over and people have noticed. I don't look nearly as old as I did a year ago but my hair has a lot more silver, go figure. It's truly a wonderful feeling to walk into clothing stores and have way more choices than I have for the past several years. I don't view myself as terminally and hopelessly obese/fat anymore (and that's big for me) because without question, I know I can do this for the rest of my life. I have re-gained my groove, baby!

That is awesome!! You sound so happy!
CaTriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #40

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Oh, my mom and I used to make a Cadbury's chocolate bar last about a week!
We'd each eat 2 little squares a day. I never knew that people considered a candy bar something they could eat by themselves all at once!
Snickers wasn't our favorite, but if we ever got one, I'm sure it would have taken us 3 days to eat it!
I guess we're WAY crazier than Beverly's sister!!!

I don't know if you can tell, but my mom wasn't big on sugar...

OTOH, I really learned how to "save" a treat for later, and to have just a tiny bit, and truly savor it. I can still usually satisfy a craving for chocolate with 1 Lindt truffle, or a few chocolate chips.

Now, I can go to TOWN on a bag of potato chips, but I never buy full-size candy bars.
I'm another weird one. I actually have a chocolate bar I got about a month ago, sitting in the butter compartment in my refrigerator, because I had a square when I got it, then had another about a week later, and haven't been interested in it since. It's about a third eaten, and there it happily stays until I want some more.

I would not be so inclined, however, if I were looking into a full bag of potato chips. Especially if there were dip anywhere in the vicinity. This, my friends, is why I do not buy chips!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!

Last edited by KeirasMom; 07-10-2012 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: it's called a BAG of chips, not a BACK of chips! Ugh!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Dawn: I hear ya! Do NOT get me started on the chips. Let's not go there. Even in our minds.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I usually make myself a coffee with cream and real sugar. I normally drink it black, or with a little cream. But the real sugar, just a tsp. Seems to make my craving stop! Sometimes if the craving is really bad, I will cut of a little slice of what I wanted and just enjoy the mouthful or two. Alot of the times, for me, its just the taste I wanted!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
I usually make myself a coffee with cream and real sugar. I normally drink it black, or with a little cream. But the real sugar, just a tsp. Seems to make my craving stop! Sometimes if the craving is really bad, I will cut of a little slice of what I wanted and just enjoy the mouthful or two. Alot of the times, for me, its just the taste I wanted!
Tanya: Love the new Avi! You are absolutely adorable!!! Sometimes coffe does it for me, some times not. But taking a bite of the culprit....verrrrrrrry dangerous for me!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I wish the freezer trick worked for me I will sneak in there and naw it down even if I lose several teeth in the process. I totally ate frozen cheese shreds today while making pita pizzas for my kids. They weren't bad
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Tanya: Love the new Avi! You are absolutely adorable!!! Sometimes coffe does it for me, some times not. But taking a bite of the culprit....verrrrrrrry dangerous for me!!!
ty, you can always make me smile!!!

As for taking a bite, I used to think that too. But since I started JUDDD, it hasnt really been a huge issue! I am satisfied with that bite, because I promise myself if I can stick to just a little tomorrow on my UD I can have more!! Then come my UD, I dont want it anymore. However if TOM is in the mix forget it!! I would try to eat it nailed down.........nail and all mind you!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
I wish the freezer trick worked for me I will sneak in there and naw it down even if I lose several teeth in the process. I totally ate frozen cheese shreds today while making pita pizzas for my kids. They weren't bad
LMBO!!!! Sorry, it just struck me as so funny! The things we do for food, huh???
Old 07-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CaTriGirl
WOE: hhcg
Quote:
I'm another weird one. I actually have a chocolate bar I got about a month ago, sitting in the butter compartment in my refrigerator, because I had a square when I got it, then had another about a week later, and haven't been interested in it since. It's about a third eaten, and there it happily stays until I want some more.

I would not be so inclined, however, if I were looking into a full bag of potato chips. Especially if there were dip anywhere in the vicinity. This, my friends, is why I do not buy chips!
How. Do. You. Do That!
CaTriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Quote:

Look at my avatar

This is why I don't buy chocolate

-----------
Mere
GrannyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
What an awesome thread- such great ideas! I have found the following to really quell cravings (mine are salt/fat/sweet/starchy all at the same time- think chocolate covered pretzels with a side of biscuits!)

1 spoonful of coconut butter with cinnamon
1 large iced yerba mate tea (you can find powdered online- tastes like mild coffee) with coconut milk, stevia, and cinnamon
1 cup of kimchi- something about the sourness really offsets the sweet craving
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote