Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Elf needs food, badly!

So, I'm not sure if anyone here will get the nethack reference (in the thread title)...but the phrase describes what I'm feeling these days.

I've read some articles on here about how after people lose weight, they feel hungrier (and hence have a tendency to gain weight).

This is how I've been feeling lately.

As some of you may know, I don't exactly deprive myself on UD's (which are still about 4000 calories each). I've been more generous on DD numbers (allowing from 500-1000 calories), in part because I feel like I need to 'adjust' after losing weight, but I have still been feeling hungry all the time and basically feel like my life is centred on food - on DD's, being hungry; and, on UD's, looking for things to eat. And I also don't want to fall off the plan.

Anyone else dealing with being more hungry after losing weight?

(For some reason the hunger-suppression gene doesn't seem to work as well with me the way it does with some others on JUDDD... it works to a degree, in that I feel like I'm eating too much if I do 2 UD's in a row... but I'm still really hungry)
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD
Have you experimented to see if certain foods make you hungrier? Breads, sugars, starches?

If I start the day off eating high carbs I am an eating machine all day, if I start eating protein like cottage cheese I feel in control.
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I have never experienced the appetite suppression so I am with you there. And I do think I feel hungrier since I have lost 25 pounds.

I agree with babykinz to see what increases the appetite. I actually do better eating a bowl of oat bran in the morning than eggs. For some reason the oat bran fills me up and does not make me want anything else. It is a different story for everyone as to what will decrease their individual appetite.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
I know this about my body: the more carbs I eat the hungrier I am. For example, I might as well not eat cereal because I am even hungrier an hour later where it'll fill my aunt for a couple hours just fine.

I have also figured out that when the extreme hunger hits a little dab of something staves it off to a manageable level or better. Dumb things like 6 radishes or 2 celery stalks with hardly any calories fool my body for awhile. You might also try an ounce or 2 of meat.

It could also be hormones. There are definitely days I am hungrier than others and they seem to come in a row... 3 days or a week long then suddenly I am not as hungry.
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Avicenna, I am so sorry you are so hungry all the time. I agree with the other replies, have no extra gems of wisdom to add I am afraid.

Have you been losing on those calorie numbers?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Yes-I do get more hungry. I've even been eating low carb to see if that changes anything? Do you exercise? I do quite a bit and that is probably at least part of the reason I get so hungry but I still can maintain pretty well even though I eat so much. I'm sure this would not be possible at all if I weren't juddding!! I may just have to accept it. I'm not willing to stop exercising!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Avicenna, we wouldn't want your life-force to run out or your health to be low! (And I know, in this case, "health" can mean how crazy hunger is making you.)

I'm not an LC-er, but I have found that it helps me somewhat to take a look at the foods I plan to eat and place them at the best times of day. For instance, I placed protein first today (omelet with veggies) because I know it doesn't cause me cravings. Next, after a few hours, a big salad - again, probably not going to cause cravings. The carby veggies I put at about supper time, because any "sweet tooth" feelings (desperation) they might give me won't have time to bother me much.

I don't think it helps me much to go through much more than breakfast-time without eating. Others say it does help them, though, to wait until lunchtime or even mid-afternoon, and then eat. Something to think about.

I hope you get lots of ideas from this thread.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:24 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the suggestions. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who is extra hungry!

I guess the good thing about this plan is that it helps to prevent gaining weight back even when you are really really hungry. Maybe it will sort itself out over time.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:36 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Avicenna, I am so sorry you are so hungry all the time. I agree with the other replies, have no extra gems of wisdom to add I am afraid.

Have you been losing on those calorie numbers?
Yes, I have been losing... not as fast as everyone else, but that's ok with me - I think I need the time to adjust.

Anyway, I've always had an affinity for food