Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   my life lesson of the week: what's yours? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/777590-my-life-lesson-week-whats-yours.html)

b_lou_who 07-09-2012 08:36 AM

my life lesson of the week: what's yours?
 
I just learned my kids cannot bring a fifty pound drum of mixed caramel and cheese popcorn (Costco size anyway, weight MAY be exaggerated) and trap me with it camping. Other than that stupid bag I ate really well. I think it reproduces overnight, because no matter how much we ate that bag still came home half full. UGH I'm up one pound from when we left, but down day today should help that. HOORAY for IF!!

I had reasonable servings of:
Chicken sausages on a stick.
One organic pancake piled with fresh figs and a little honey.
Baked eggs.
A toasted marshmallow.
Two glasses of wine.
Yogurt with organic granola.
Enough fresh local cherries to sink a ship.
Pork and seeds and hummus.
Refried beans, avocado chunks, fresh salsa and organic blue corn tortilla chips.

Yam-Yam 07-09-2012 08:59 AM

Funny about the popcorn breeding in the bag. Magic corn. :rofl:

Sounds to me like you did good! Popcorn has fiber so it was probably the salt that caused water gain IMO.

Enjoy your DD today. I'm enjoying mine. I have to go to a business dinner with DH tonight but I am familiar with the nice restaurant we'll be at so I know exactly what I'm going to have so I can have a great DD.

JHoberer 07-09-2012 09:32 AM

My lesson- you CAN substitute 1/3 of the flour in a yeast breast recipe with almond flour and it works just fine. And a miniscule 1 t of sugar is plenty to feed the yeast for the entire batch.

I laughed at the reproducing popcorn too. :laugh:

GrannyPants 07-09-2012 12:48 PM

FREEZE whatever is really tempting you on a DD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


:annoyed::annoyed:

-----------
Mere

dee 07-09-2012 07:35 PM

B LOU; That really doesn't sound too bad for a camping trip, IMO. I think you should give yourself a pat on the back. You done good girl ;)

Yam-Yam 07-10-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyPants (Post 15787264)
FREEZE whatever is really tempting you on a DD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


:annoyed::annoyed:

-----------
Mere

GrannyPants: So today is an UD and I'm leaving it in the freezer!!:hyst: Not the least bit interested today. Go figure!!!

Remember that song: I fought the law and the law won?

I'm just glad I don't have to sing: I fought the pizza and the pizza won! :rofl:

GrannyPants 07-10-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15789453)
GrannyPants: So today is an UD and I'm leaving it in the freezer!!:hyst: Not the least bit interested today. Go figure!!!

Remember that song: I fought the law and the law won?

I'm just glad I don't have to sing: I fought the pizza and the pizza won! :rofl:

Yam-Yam

Your a better woman than me. I would have had that pizza for breakfast as soon as I woke up. That's what that pizza would get for tempting me so. Bad, Bad Pizza.:rolleyes:

Oh, by the way, garlic knots are little pieces of bread twisted to look like a knot, with garlic, oil, salt, and seasonings maybe parmesan on them. It was the fiirst time I had them. Boy, I'll tell you, did they get theirs for tempting me.;)

--------
Mere

GrannyPants 07-10-2012 03:46 PM

Obviously I haven't learned to delete a double post.

Yam-Yam 07-10-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyPants (Post 15790480)
Yam-Yam

Your a better woman than me. I would have had that pizza for breakfast as soon as I woke up. That's what that pizza would get for tempting me so. Bad, Bad Pizza.:rolleyes:

Oh, by the way, garlic knots are little pieces of bread twisted to look like a knot, with garlic, oil, salt, and seasonings maybe parmesan on them. It was the fiirst time I had them. Boy, I'll tell you, did they get theirs for tempting me.;)

--------
Mere


Bad, bad garlic knots!:hyst::hyst: I'm so glad I've never met one yet!!:lol: Believe me, GrannyPants, I have figured several ways to get myself in plenty of trouble today on my UD!

One fun thing I just did, though. I've been meaning to do this.... I read posts about coconut sugar and I had never heard of it so did a little research and supposedly it does not affect blood glucose? I'm interested in this because DH recently was diagnosed w/ type II diabetes.

So, I bought some from Netrition.com. Of course, I have EVCO. So, I took my favorite (and kids and grandkids favorite) oatmeal cookie recipe and made it with the EVCO and the CO sugar.

OH MY GOOD FOOD NESS!!!!!!! They turned out so awesomely delicious! I can hardly wait for DH to get home from work!!! I could only eat 2. They are so darn filling. But so extremely delicious.

Anyway, I have a pot of healthy home made spaghetti sauce on the stove. Gonna make a ton of whole wheat pasta to go with it and a humungous salad.

I just had a skinny Margarita and now I'm feeling awesome on an UD!!!:jumpjoy::sing:

GrannyPants 07-10-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15790508)
One fun thing I just did, though. I've been meaning to do this.... I read posts about coconut sugar and I had never heard of it so did a little research and supposedly it does not affect blood glucose? I'm interested in this because DH recently was diagnosed w/ type II diabetes.

So, I bought some from Netrition.com. Of course, I have EVCO. So, I took my favorite (and kids and grandkids favorite) oatmeal cookie recipe and made it with the EVCO and the CO sugar.

OH MY GOOD FOOD NESS!!!!!!! They turned out so awesomely delicious! I can hardly wait for DH to get home from work!!! I could only eat 2. They are so darn filling. But so extremely delicious.

Anyway, I have a pot of healthy home made spaghetti sauce on the stove. Gonna make a ton of whole wheat pasta to go with it and a humungous salad.

I just had a skinny Margarita and now I'm feeling awesome on an UD!!!:jumpjoy::sing:

I'm glad you are having so much fun on your UD:jumpjoy:

I haven't heard of the coconut sugar either. I am not diabetic but I like to use agave nectar because of its low Glycemic Index. I used to follow a low GI Diet which helped alot with food cravings and hunger. Now I like whole wheat and grain pasta, bread and brown rice better than regular.... Go figure.... When I eat them I am full for hours...

I wonder if that skinny Magarita is Low GI :confused::D

----------------
Mere

mykidsteacher 07-10-2012 05:03 PM

I can vouch for the non-effect of coconut sugar on blood glucose. I usually use 1/2 the amount of sugar called for in coconut sugar, plus 10-12 drops of liquid stevia.

Well, that's what I did anyway, until I just learned that my dh is allergic (mildly) to coconuts. sigh

GME 07-10-2012 05:27 PM

Does the coconut sugar metabolize in the liver like fructose? That worries me a little, but other than that I think I might like to give coconut sugar a try.

My life lesson for the week: just because I feel like eating something (even if I really, really, really feel like it), doesn't mean I have to. I have been reading Brain Over Binge and it is very helpful.

Whitlin' 07-10-2012 07:38 PM

Gina, I've seen a couple sources say it is sucrose based.

Theoretically, then, it would not metabolize in the liver.

I'm another one who is hoping to hear more opinions on this, to be sure there's not something being missed.

My life lesson of the week is a bit TMI: water-filled veggies are soothing to the digestive tract and can help you get back to normal after constipation. Don't forget how cool and good some cut-up cucumber can be when it's hot outside. Cut cooled cucumber bits up into everything from tuna to a finished stir-fry, to fried rice!

oropendola 07-10-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_lou_who (Post 15786489)
I just learned my kids cannot bring a fifty pound drum of mixed caramel and cheese popcorn (Costco size anyway, weight MAY be exaggerated) and trap me with it camping. Other than that stupid bag I ate really well. I think it reproduces overnight, because no matter how much we ate that bag still came home half full. UGH I'm up one pound from when we left, but down day today should help that. HOORAY for IF!!

I had reasonable servings of:
Chicken sausages on a stick.
One organic pancake piled with fresh figs and a little honey.
Baked eggs.
A toasted marshmallow.
Two glasses of wine.
Yogurt with organic granola.
Enough fresh local cherries to sink a ship.
Pork and seeds and hummus.
Refried beans, avocado chunks, fresh salsa and organic blue corn tortilla chips.

It sounds like a good trip. I would have ODed on the cherries. lol
Well done, I'd say!

oropendola 07-10-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15789453)
GrannyPants: So today is an UD and I'm leaving it in the freezer!!:hyst: Not the least bit interested today. Go figure!!!

Remember that song: I fought the law and the law won?

I'm just glad I don't have to sing: I fought the pizza and the pizza won! :rofl:

I remember! You had to know I wouldn't let that one go by. lol


jdennysgirl 07-10-2012 08:25 PM

I have learned (for the second time) that I cannot have Cool Whip in this house without me eating the WHOLE tub!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:23 AM.