Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   1st UD a total bust!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/777585-1st-ud-total-bust.html)

Kimberli33 07-09-2012 07:48 AM

1st UD a total bust!!

started on a DD,I IF on occassion so it went very well...yesterday was my 1st UD:stars:I woke up feeling out of sorts anyway,(stomach/constipation)issues.Dh wanted to go out to breakfast and said maybe that was my problem...Id been eating very little for several days and just needed food(lol)Sooooo- I ate
Hashbrowns-about a cup
1 egg
1/2c. sausage gravy
3 slices bacon
1/2 a biscuit
and 8 oz oj:stars::stars: from my figures around 1400 cals:sad:
Well,of course-It made me feel worse
Decided I was done for the day...uh huh:hyst:
3 oclock-decide im a little hungry and eat a sensible supper 400 cals
6 oclock Dh suggests we go out for icecream and yep,I cave..ate 2-3 handfuls of potato chips in car on way to town...
Well here I am DD #2 and feeling back in control,dont even want to think about food..Im seriously gonna have to work on my UD's though.:cry:

Yam-Yam 07-09-2012 08:02 AM

Kim:

You will get the hang of it, don't worry. A lot of us had the same experience. You sure brought back memories for me!

December 22 was my first DD. I was so tickled the next morning when the scale went down 4.4 pounds. On the 23rd I went whacko! :stars: I realized I could eat anything so I ate everything. I bought a bag of Lay's potato chips and ate the whole thing with french onion/sour cream dip. The next day the scale was up exactly 4.4 pounds. :hyst: In the first couple of weeks I had times when I doubted if I could get my UDs under control. My DDs were usually (not always) pretty good.

At some point my attitude about food on UDs totally changed. I stopped wanting to eat anything and everything and magically started craving healthier foods. I stopped recognizing myself!:hyst:

Seriously I think it was the magic gene kicking in and I started experiencing the wonderful appetite suppression and control.

Keep doing great on your DDs and ease in to restricting on UDs. The DDs are what set off the SIRT1 and gets those enzymes building up in your system. Once that happens everything will take care of itself.

BTW: I LOVE that picture! ROFL!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Joyjoy 07-09-2012 08:07 AM

Kim, fantastic! Such a drag, being human,:hyst:, but you've got one learning day under your tight-today-but-not-for-long belt. Throw a rock on this board. Go ahead, and see if it's possible not to hit 50 people who've been there and done that.
You may have more of those (I sure did), you may not. You're on the road. Welcome!!!

kimberino 07-09-2012 08:13 AM

I had to laugh while reading because that was so me when I first started. Like Yam said, after awhile that JUDDD magic will kick in and you'll surprise yourself with the choices you make. And like Kristin said, that rock will hit most of us!

Kim

Kimberli33 07-09-2012 08:26 AM

Aaaaw,you guys are so nice:) thanks.

b_lou_who 07-09-2012 08:29 AM

everyone really has had a crazy up day or two. Sometimes you just need to get it out of your system after so much DENIAL, and then move on to making really excellent food choices. Sometimes a bad food choice is just what we are going to do for one meal, and sometimes we learn it is a trigger food not to have around at all. I never see it as a bad day anymore though. Moving on with life, every day is about my life choices because intermittent fasting is a part of my life now and future. Ditto the food I decide to eat. Mostly I choose really well. Healthy, fresh, local, organic, pastured. I try to keep learning more about my body and health issues and make choices for my betterment. I may not always win the game at a meal, but I am winning it for life. Bet you are too!

FairyWren 07-09-2012 08:35 AM

:goodpost: Yep, JUDDD is a learning curve and no-one gets it right for themselves straight away, even after just one month i've learned so much, after an UUAAD or a DD that turns into a MD or UD you just pick yourself up, brush yourself down and carry on. It really does get easier!

JHoberer 07-09-2012 09:53 AM

I agree with the comment about how that happens after so much denial.

It was a food for the soul day. :love:

Don't feel guilty. It was good! It was fun! Have a proper down day and make your next UD a healthy food one!

It's all good! *HUG*

Yam-Yam 07-09-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHoberer (Post 15786695)
I agree with the comment about how that happens after so much denial.

It was a food for the soul day. :love:

Don't feel guilty. It was good! It was fun! Have a proper down day and make your next UD a healthy food one!

It's all good! *HUG*

:goodpost: I love this! It's why we JUDDers love JUDD!:sing:

Kissa 07-09-2012 02:19 PM

Yes, JH, "Food for the soul day", nice.

Kim, early UDs can be that way, "Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice" is my motto, and if you can do that, all will be well.

mykidsteacher 07-09-2012 04:26 PM

As has already been repeated many times, it happens. It isn't the end of the world. It's just one day. It may even happen again. But eventually, your brain is going to believe that you really can have any food you want--it might just have to wait till tomorrow. And then you won't feel like you have to eat it all RIGHT NOW. And when you wait, you will often find when you CAN have it, you no longer want it.

Seen it happen over and over and over. JUDDD magic kicks in, and suddenly, people are reaching for veggies and fruits and lean proteins, and feeling so good. And treats become just that again, treats. What is no longer forbidden loses the strength of it's desirability. You can eat a few chips and put the bag away. Or a couple of scoops of ice cream. Unless a food is a trigger for you, or you have allergy issues, and then it's best to just make up your mind that you will avoid that one.

Try planning your UD's with as much forethought as your DD's. Having a plan helps so much when the siren song of a goodie starts wailing. If you decide to have it, you have to go through the exercise of figuring out what from your plan you are going to give up later in order to fit it in. And then you can make the judgement of whether it is worth it or not.

Even a blown day teaches us something. Learn from it and move on.

And welcome to JUDDD!

GME 07-09-2012 04:29 PM

I feel 'ya. Been there.

I also like the avi pic. My great-grandmother had a donkey that she treated more like a dog. He didn't actually get to come in the house, but she had one of those old timey half doors in her kitchen and he could hang out there with his head inside while she did her chores.

mommy2boysaz 07-09-2012 05:20 PM

Kim, you and I are starting this at the same time! Yesterday was my first day (following coming off an abbreviated hHCG round), so it was an UD and I did fine. (Still have some of that hcg in my system...) Today I was nervous about how I'd do on 500 cals with little to no hcg left in my system, but it's been a good day! I've had 300 cals so far and even though I am a bit hungry, possibly due to the chocolate zucchini cake in the oven that smells SOOO good right now, I will have a bit of something for my 200 cals and go to bed. Tomorrow is coming fast. ;) I'm looking very forward to it. (Did I mention chocolate zucchini cake?) LOL!
I totally understand your rough UD. I am SURE I will be experiencing similar days in the near future...

Welcome and good luck to you! To us both!!

Kimberli33 07-09-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2boysaz (Post 15787975)
Kim, you and I are starting this at the same time! Yesterday was my first day (following coming off an abbreviated hHCG round), so it was an UD and I did fine. (Still have some of that hcg in my system...) Today I was nervous about how I'd do on 500 cals with little to no hcg left in my system, but it's been a good day! I've had 300 cals so far and even though I am a bit hungry, possibly due to the chocolate zucchini cake in the oven that smells SOOO good right now, I will have a bit of something for my 200 cals and go to bed. Tomorrow is coming fast. ;) I'm looking very forward to it. (Did I mention chocolate zucchini cake?) LOL!
I totally understand your rough UD. I am SURE I will be experiencing similar days in the near future...

I started w/ a DD and did good,UD threw me good...lol..today is DD#2 and I have 200 calories left too,so not so bad.See are stats are similiar as well.ty and good luck as well.

Kimberli33 07-09-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GME (Post 15787838)
I feel 'ya. Been there.

I also like the avi pic. My great-grandmother had a donkey that she treated more like a dog. He didn't actually get to come in the house, but she had one of those old timey half doors in her kitchen and he could hang out there with his head inside while she did her chores.

Lol,TY,I liked it.(Did you notice what it says-kinda hard to read it)
We had a milk cow that came in the house through the sliding glass door once!:stars:My girls were running around having fits.

mommy2boysaz 07-10-2012 03:42 AM

After my first DD, I'm down 3 pounds! :) Which is less than I was up from my first UD... Let UD #2 begin...

Yam-Yam 07-10-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2boysaz (Post 15788663)
After my first DD, I'm down 3 pounds! :) Which is less than I was up from my first UD... Let UD #2 begin...

WOW!!!!! YAY!!!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Yam-Yam 07-10-2012 08:48 AM

Kim: I can totally read what your Avi says and I had such a great laugh when I first saw it! :hyst:

GME 07-10-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberli33 (Post 15788136)
Lol,TY,I liked it.(Did you notice what it says-kinda hard to read it)
We had a milk cow that came in the house through the sliding glass door once!:stars:My girls were running around having fits.

:hyst:

I had a chicken in my office once. I led it out with a trail of rice cake bits.

luvmyzoe 07-10-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2boysaz (Post 15787975)

Okay! I want the chocolate zucchini bread recipe, PLEEEZE!!!

:)
Grace

mommy2boysaz 07-11-2012 04:39 PM

Grace, Here's the recipe (WARNING: Only have around on UDs!!):yummy:
Chocolate Zucchini Sheet Cake
2c. sugar
1c. veg oil
3 eggs
1/4c. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. milk
2 c. shredded zucchini
1 Tbsp. vanilla

Frosting: 1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. cocoa
6 Tbsp. evaporated milk
4 c. powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla

In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to the egg mixture alternately with milk. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. Pour into a greased 15x10x1" baking pan. Bake at 375 for 25 min. Spread frosting over cake while hot. :yummy::p

I got this from an Amish cookbook. :heart:

Well, today is DD #2 and so far, so good. I've had 350 cals at 7:30 pm and I'm hungry, but not starving. So looking forward to tomorrow!:)

So, how do most of the rest of you do this, as far as which days are UD and which are DD? If I continue to just rotate, it will land different every week, obviously. I think I'd really like to make Saturday and Sunday be UDs but then again, I don't want to mess up my losses by doing that every week... Wondering about just making every Mon, Wed, and Fri DDs? What are your thoughts?:dunno:

Whitlin' 07-11-2012 06:27 PM

Thanks for sharing the recipe. Funny avatar. Best wishes!!

I started M,W,F DDs after the first 3 weeks or so, and it worked out fine for me through a few years maintenance. When I slipped up some and needed to lose back to maintenance weight again, I did a little bit of straight alternating again, then got back to M,W,F and am feeling very well. My family never has to ask what "day" it is for me which helps with our schedules. I make Saturday an MD MediumDay, (calories halfway between UD and DD).

This is not a race, so if you try something and it doesn't seem to work for you, just change it. No worries. I know in some other ways of eating people have to be so concerned about making a mistake of some kind, but JUDDD is not like that.

cuttie99 07-12-2012 05:32 AM

Kim what a great avatar!!! How did you take that picture of me! lol. Yes getting the ud under control is a challenge. I am slowly moving forward but there is light at the end of the tunnel. WE just need to tell ourselves that its just food and move on. We can't allow the food to control us. My husband is wonderful but he loves to also offer me goodies and its hard to say no. If we want to lose weight we need to put in the effort and commitment....

Yesterday he offered me cadbury chocolate! I took only 3 small pieces=90 calories, normally I would have had a whole bar and blown my UD. He offered me more and I said "no". I just needed a little taste... Today I feel no remorse and I didn't die!! Wow look at that.... instead of getting on the scale and having a blame day and scolding myself.... A little discipline goes a long way.Good luck.

luvmyzoe 07-12-2012 06:03 AM

Thanks Mommy for the recipe!! I'm going to try it and see what my picky kids think of it!!

Grace

mommy2boysaz 07-12-2012 06:07 PM

Thanks for the tips, Whitlin! I appreciate it. You are right, though, it's going to take me a while to get out of the mindset of having to watch every single thing, thinking I'm going to "mess up" and blow it. What a relief to not have to worry that way!
Today is my 3rd UD, and I already can't believe how little I am desiring food! What?! This is SO not me! I have eaten very crappy food today, nutritionally, but not nearly as much volume as I thought I'd want! And I've done perfect at sticking with 500 calories on my DDs this week thus far.

Grace, you are welcome for the recipe. :) My kids are SOOO picky. They are not the types to eat much that is green, but they loved the cake! ;)