Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/125/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
to my cocktail-loving JUDDD Budds...

I am not much of a drinker these days, but I'd been hearing a lot about thse new flavored vodkas and summer makes me want to try out a cool cocktail.

I just tried the Smirnoff Whipped Cream vodka. I mixed with diet root beer and lots of ice and Oh. My. God. Sooo delicious! But I have to say, I had the hardest time trying to find nutritional stats for cals and carbs. The actual Smirnoff site is useless. A popular online counter has 2 entries: one says 69 cals and no carbs for 1 oz and one says says 107 cals and 8 g of carbs for the standard 1.5 oz shot. So cals for both entries are about the same per oz but the carbs are most likely not 0 as this is a sweet vodka. Through much googling, I found a site that collects such info on several alcohol producers/products called Diagio Drink IQ. This matches the higher carb amount entry.

So if you're OK w/a delicious, root beer float type cocktail w/under 110 cals and 8 g carbs, I recommend it. I'm going to try it next w/diet orange soda for a cream sickle type drink. Boy, I better not buy any more of these flavored vodkas - they are just too good! Any other suggestions for mixers?
"...had we been discussing disorders of growth - why some people grow to be more than seven feet tall and others never make it to four feet - the only subject of discussion would be the hormones and enzymes that regulate growth. And yet, when we're discussing a disorder in which the defining symptom is the abnormal growth of our fat tissue, the hormones and enzymes that regulate that growth are considered irrelevant."
- Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
This is awesome information. Thank you! I'm going on vacation in a week and will be drinking some. I usually stick to dry red wine or plain agave tequila with a real lime wedge because I know what's in it but it's nice to be able to see some other options!
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Diet Sunkist does sound delish with this whipped cream vodka. Do you know if they use real whipped cream? Probably not. I am a whipped cream fool.

I have been making myself behave until I reach goal, but have been missing my fav sangria swirl.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Right now on a hot UD evening I like a skinny Margarita made with Baja Bob's calorie free Margarita mix and tequila. It is liquid and comes in a bottle and at the Amazon site it qualifies for free shipping. It is Tequila is 80 calories for 1.5 ounce. I like mine on the rocks, no salt. I just shake it up in a shaker jar to make it a little bit frothy.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

I just saw on Netrition that Davinci makes mixers and they have a Margarita mix with 15 calories and 3 grams of carbs. I might have to try that one, too!

Our local grocery store sells big bottles of Jose Cuerva light mix. It's sugar free but does not taste as good as the Baja Bob's which comes in a more manageable 32 ounce bottle. I don't see the one I buy on Netrition.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
This is awesome information. Thank you! I'm going on vacation in a week and will be drinking some. I usually stick to dry red wine or plain agave tequila with a real lime wedge because I know what's in it but it's nice to be able to see some other options!
I was surprised at Olive Garden and also Chili's the last time we went to those places to see in their menus that they serve Skinny Margaritas! They even list the ingredients and the calories.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I was surprised at Olive Garden and also Chili's the last time we went to those places to see in their menus that they serve Skinny Margaritas! They even list the ingredients and the calories.
I was trying to be "good" while out at Applebees a couple of months ago and ordered one of their Skinny Bee margaritas - I think they take out most of the alcohol to reduce the cals, cause I felt NO alcohol buzz, and I get a drink maybe once or twice a month, and kinda like that little buzz I get and I always stop at one.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Right now on a hot UD evening I like a skinny Margarita made with Baja Bob's calorie free Margarita mix and tequila. It is liquid and comes in a bottle and at the Amazon site it qualifies for free shipping. It is Tequila is 80 calories for 1.5 ounce. I like mine on the rocks, no salt. I just shake it up in a shaker jar to make it a little bit frothy.
Thanks for this, Yam Yam. I actually bought a bottle of this a while back when I placed an order w/netrition but haven't tried it yet. Looks like I'll have to head back to the liquor store for a bottle of tequila. From someone who went from a bottle of rum I've had for two years that I use in my famous butter rum cake, I'm going to be building quite a little bar stash. Hmmm. Maybe I'll have to start inviting some friends over!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Diet Sunkist does sound delish with this whipped cream vodka. Do you know if they use real whipped cream? Probably not. I am a whipped cream fool.

I have been making myself behave until I reach goal, but have been missing my fav sangria swirl.
Don't think it's real whipped cream since it's a clear vodka. But it certainly tastes sweet and vanilla-y.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
My summer favorite mixed drink is one I read about in either esquire or gq magazine (maybe details)... I think it's officially called a "paloma" but here's how we make it-- it goes great in a mason jar, but any tall glass will do:

fresca, or other grapefruit diet soda (or not diet, your choice)
tequila. just blanco, regular, could be "silver", but really doesn't have to be fancy or expensive
lime juice -- fresh or even bottled is ok
pinch of salt-- really sets off the flavor

mix the above -- I'd say about a can or so of soda and a shot (or more, if it's a hard day) of tequila. Pinch of salt, and a good squeeze of lime-- I like to actually taste it, so I usually use bottled.

Mix and enjoy!

(p.s.-- because you're using diet soda and a non-sweet alcohol, technically, the carbs are 0... but if you're counting on ketosis for weightloss, of course this drink, like any other alcohol, would kick you out). But on JUDDD, you'd just look up the calories

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
I got the Crystal Light margarita and mojito mixes. I've used the margarita with tequila so far and it was good. I have not yet tried the mojito because I don't have rum. I got a big bottle of the tequila a couple of months ago just for these margaritas, and have barely touched it, which is so NOT like me. JUDDD must be having a more positive effect on me than I thought! Anyway, if I ever finish the tequila, I will get some rum and try the mojitos.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemom View Post
I was trying to be "good" while out at Applebees a couple of months ago and ordered one of their Skinny Bee margaritas - I think they take out most of the alcohol to reduce the cals, cause I felt NO alcohol buzz, and I get a drink maybe once or twice a month, and kinda like that little buzz I get and I always stop at one.
Yes. I would rather make my own. I saw a bottle of Skinny Girl Margarita mix, but it already had the alcohol in it and I don't like canned or bottled pre-mixed drinks at all! Blah! So I didn't buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemom View Post
Thanks for this, Yam Yam. I actually bought a bottle of this a while back when I placed an order w/netrition but haven't tried it yet. Looks like I'll have to head back to the liquor store for a bottle of tequila. From someone who went from a bottle of rum I've had for two years that I use in my famous butter rum cake, I'm going to be building quite a little bar stash. Hmmm. Maybe I'll have to start inviting some friends over!
I'll come!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
My summer favorite mixed drink is one I read about in either esquire or gq magazine (maybe details)... I think it's officially called a "paloma" but here's how we make it-- it goes great in a mason jar, but any tall glass will do:

fresca, or other grapefruit diet soda (or not diet, your choice)
tequila. just blanco, regular, could be "silver", but really doesn't have to be fancy or expensive
lime juice -- fresh or even bottled is ok
pinch of salt-- really sets off the flavor

mix the above -- I'd say about a can or so of soda and a shot (or more, if it's a hard day) of tequila. Pinch of salt, and a good squeeze of lime-- I like to actually taste it, so I usually use bottled.

Mix and enjoy!

(p.s.-- because you're using diet soda and a non-sweet alcohol, technically, the carbs are 0... but if you're counting on ketosis for weightloss, of course this drink, like any other alcohol, would kick you out). But on JUDDD, you'd just look up the calories

S.
This is my exact recipe for both "Skinny Marg" and also "Key Lime Martini" subbing the tequila with vodka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
JUDDD must be having a more positive effect on me than I thought! Anyway, if I ever finish the tequila, I will get some rum and try the mojitos.
Another NSV with JUDDD!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Here again my sweet tooth trips me up! I want a baileys on the rocks when it's summer and in coffee when it's Winter. Darn!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
Here again my sweet tooth trips me up! I want a baileys on the rocks when it's summer and in coffee when it's Winter. Darn!
I have a recipe for a LC bailey's substitute... wonder if making it with almond milk instead of cream would work... hmmm...

but basically, it's cream, jameson's irish whiskey, and then davinci's to taste-- a bit of chocolate, a bit of the "irish whiskey" flavor, though you could do vanilla also I think.

Mix and keep in the fridge-- b/c of the booze in it, it kept quite a while (I think I make about 2c at a time).

Oh, here we go-- this is the HIGH CALORIE LC version though:

Soren's faux-Bailey's Irish Cream

2 parts davinci irish cream syrup
1 part davinci chocolate syrup (not the thick stuff)
4 parts heavy cream
4 parts irish whiskey

Directions: mix all together, store in airtight container in fridge for quite a while (shake now and then)-- drink cold or mixed into cocoa or coffee!
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Just wanted to share a non-alcohol fun thing.

I pour Baja Bob's margarita mix into popsicle molds and freeze them. On a hot DD it's great to have a calorie free margarita popsicle. They are really, really good!