Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyitworks
Stats: 185/168/130 -17 Woohoo!
WOE: JUDDD (Is there any other way?)
Start Date: Restart July 2012 JUDDD. Start May 2012 Atkins
JUDDD I Can Sooo Do This! DD One down~

Hi Everyone~
Thanks for the advice Day one went well! I've geen LC'ing for 2 months and I've lost 10 lbs.,which is great for me. Super slow loser. I stumbled on JUDDD, and thought, interesting~I can eat anything I want? In moderation. Sign me up I've read all the info I could find/google. I was a bit nervous, JUDDD calculator recommended 457! I've only eaten 457 calories if I was sick or sleeping all day. But you all made it seem doable, and I want to be able to occasionally make a recipe or two I've found on Pinterest. Just a bit addicted lol!

So getting ready to start after 2 months of low carb, I had a weird gain (3lbs.) w/out going off plan and we have a cook out with friends planned. Up Day 1, I didn't count. I just had fun with friends. I ate what I wanted but didn't go crazy.

Down Day 1: I super nervous, can I make it through the day with only 457 calories. ugggh!Well friends, it was a success. I was hungry. I did think twice about eating a piece of pizza that the kids were eating. But, I figured if I couldn't get through one day-I'd have to go back to only low carb. That made me so sad. Well, I made it. I did go over calories by about 50, but that's because of lack of planning. I felt so powerful. So, scale shows loss of 3.4lbs. which was that weird gain from the other day. I CAN DO THIS!!
hollyitworks is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyitworks View Post
Hi Everyone~
Thanks for the advice Day one went well! I've geen LC'ing for 2 months and I've lost 10 lbs.,which is great for me. Super slow loser. I stumbled on JUDDD, and thought, interesting~I can eat anything I want? In moderation. Sign me up I've read all the info I could find/google. I was a bit nervous, JUDDD calculator recommended 457! I've only eaten 457 calories if I was sick or sleeping all day. But you all made it seem doable, and I want to be able to occasionally make a recipe or two I've found on Pinterest. Just a bit addicted lol!

So getting ready to start after 2 months of low carb, I had a weird gain (3lbs.) w/out going off plan and we have a cook out with friends planned. Up Day 1, I didn't count. I just had fun with friends. I ate what I wanted but didn't go crazy.

Down Day 1: I super nervous, can I make it through the day with only 457 calories. ugggh!Well friends, it was a success. I was hungry. I did think twice about eating a piece of pizza that the kids were eating. But, I figured if I couldn't get through one day-I'd have to go back to only low carb. That made me so sad. Well, I made it. I did go over calories by about 50, but that's because of lack of planning. I felt so powerful. So, scale shows loss of 3.4lbs. which was that weird gain from the other day. I CAN DO THIS!!
Hey, welcome! We're starting this together around the same time. I just finished my third DD and it was easier than the other two by far, so hopefully you will experience the same.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
! I think you both are going to do great and JUDDD!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Hi there, Holly! Excellent.
Whitlin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Wonderful!!!! I just love how you said it made you feel powerful. What a great whoosh you got. Don't be skeered if'n the scale bounces up a bit after UDs. I'm sure you already read about how normal that is. It will go back down and once you get in the rhythm of rotations, the trend will be down.

I'm so proud of you!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Everyone! I am very nervous about this bounce you all talk about. I'm really bad about letting the scale control me. But, I know ahead of time so I'm going to try to not be ridiculous and just keep on track.
StephDray, good to have a friend to start with. We can do it!!
Old 07-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks Everyone! I am very nervous about this bounce you all talk about. I'm really bad about letting the scale control me. But, I know ahead of time so I'm going to try to not be ridiculous and just keep on track.
Holly: We all know what you mean! Boy, I used to be terrible. If the scale was down I would say "Yay! I can go ahead and eat this, that and the other." Then the next day when it would be up, I would say, "Obviously nothing is working. What's the use. I may as well pig out."

How stupid is that??

Somehow JUDDing has healed me from the unhealthy relationship I had with my scale. It has absolutely no power over me other than to help me figure out how foods and eating patterns are affecting my body.

Part of this transformation came about when I started writing down that early morning number in a journal every day and then charting in on a graph. I bought a pad of graph paper. Wow is it ever encouraging to see the downward trend.

I also think now when I see the huge bounces up it motivates me to eat even healthier. I play a game to see if I can figure out food combinations that will give me a loss after an UD which has happened a number of times for me. Now I actually appreciate the bounce up as well because I know my body is being properly nourished and that after a number of rotations it is going to go down to a new low when my body is ready.

Don't sweat the bounces! They are a good thing!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 07-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
My weight is definitely bouncing but the trend is down. I lost after the first DD, again after the second DD, I was up after the following Up Day but then down overall on the next DD so these daily fluctuations I can handle. If I hit a point where the scale doesn't move at all or there are too many upward fluctuations, I will probably have a mental breakdown and come crying to you all about it but right now, I'm good!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Very happy for you! Feels good to feel more in control of our choices, doesn't it?

Quote:
Sheridan's Helpful Hint For New JUDDD BUDDS:

Dig out a pair of pants that you can't fit into that you've hidden in the back of your closet. If that's not possible, go to a thrift/charity shop and buy a pair of pants that are somewhat too small to get into. Try those pants on frequently, especially if you show no downward movement on the scale. You will almost certainly be amazed at the changes your body is making even though you may not see it documented on the scale. Pants are a much better tool to show progress than is the scale. As you are able to fit comfortably into the tight pants, go get another pair to use as a gauge.

/broken record

My best to you!

Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
After you find those pants... ....

Also read the monthly weigh-in threads so that you can see the natural see-sawing of various people's scale weights over time. If you look at previous months' threads, for instance May, you can see an entire month of each poster's changes. It's very comforting to see all these (very different) people documenting bounces, but then recoveries following, and then losses.
Whitlin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome Holly, and wtg on your first dd. You've gotten good advice on dealing with the scale bounces. If it really is a problem for you, you could just weigh after DD's (although there are a couple of people who gain after DD's and lose after UD's lol).

Or, average your weights. Weigh every day, and then on Saturday, average the daily weights. Then compare that to the past week's average. You should see the downward trend that way.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Welcome Holly!

I don't weigh except for twice per week. I waited to make sure that JUDDD was indeed working for me personally and then I made the decision to lose the scale and lose the drama. It is helping. I am less chained to what I weigh and actually enjoying the plan. If I were not keeping track of calories, I would lose my mind without weighing, but knowing what I eat and how close I am to plan it doesn't bother me at all.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:33 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Sunday- You're right about "no drama"! I'm going to see how it goes and then decide when to weigh.
Mykidsteacher and Whitlin-thanks for the support. I'm loving this message board. You all are so helpful!

Whitlin...the pants don't lie! Thank you for the quote of a lifetime. love it~ way better than my mom's advice "it doesn't matter what color you paint the barn door. It's still the same size." Thanks mom-love the comparison of the barn door and my backside ;0) way to make me feel great about myself.

Stephdray-come crying anytime. But "We can do this"!

Yam Yam-thanks. I know exactly what you mean about the scale. So far so good. I think all the posts about bounces have prepared me. Up a little today, but we'll see. I have been controlled by the scale for a long time. I felt fat when I wasn't fat (weighed 130 and felt like I was obese) so I'm really working on my self image.

LOL, also doesn't help that my hubs, is naturally thin. He also is going through a mid life crisis, which entails working out almost every day. Doing P90X, or insanity. Watching each nutrient, (carbs,fat,protein) and constantly asking me if it looks like his muscles are getting bigger, or if he looks fat.
Do you really ask chubby girl if you're fat? Especially when you are not. Gotta love him.

I was on cloud nine yesterday-1st up day. I loved knowing I could eat what I wanted. I'm sure I'll want to make better choices as I go along, but I may have felt deprived doing low carb. But it was working. Yesterday, I really had to work at getting all my calories at the end of the day. I was a little snacky at the end of the night, so I'll watch that, but all in all, I loved my first up day. And, I'm looking forward to down day #2-bring it!

Quote:
Holly: We all know what you mean! Boy, I used to be terrible. If the scale was down I would say "Yay! I can go ahead and eat this, that and the other." Then the next day when it would be up, I would say, "Obviously nothing is working. What's the use. I may as well pig out."

How stupid is that??

Somehow JUDDing has healed me from the unhealthy relationship I had with my scale. It has absolutely no power over me other than to help me figure out how foods and eating patterns are affecting my body.
Happy Monday JUDDD'ers~

Last edited by hollyitworks; 07-09-2012 at 04:38 AM.. Reason: adding
Old 07-09-2012, 05:53 AM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
SO pleased you did well on your first DD Holly. You really can do this!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
Yep, you CAN do this - we all have faith in you. Bring on those DDs world - here comes Holly!
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Do something really nice for yourself if you have the time on your DDs. I love soft music, a jacuzzi bath in lavender mineral salts, painting my toenails, reading good books, hanging out lots on the JUDD forum, like today and just pampering myself. Of course, I'm retired and my kids are raised. So, if my grand kids aren't here, I often have the house to myself. It's wonderful.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #17
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yam-Yam, what a brilliant post. I so needed to remember to spoil myself. Though I have enjoyed myself catching up on the forum.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
You did it! Wahooo!
JHoberer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberino View Post
Yep, you CAN do this - we all have faith in you. Bring on those DDs world - here comes Holly!

Yes, we do!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CaTriGirl
WOE: hhcg
That's awesome! I am afraid of my first DD without Hhcg! Yikes!
CaTriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

You all are sooo awesome! CaTriGirl..it's not so bad. and if I get really hungry I'm just going to bed. ;0)
Old 07-10-2012, 04:36 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

I love JUDDD!!!!Did I say that again? I can't help it, I'm just so excited!

Hi friends! I hope you all have a great day.

So the excitement may be that I can actually eat some food today, but that's here nor there. I'm down again! #174.4 I didn't freak yesterday when the scale went up. It's going to go up and then because of my hard work and sticking to the plan it will go down. Happy up day peeps!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:55 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I gave in to my old emotional bienging and gained all that weight back. But sunday I
didn't eat above my calculated UD amount and yesterday was my first DD in quite
a while. So today I am back to 299.4 lbs after a high of 306 yesterday. By they way
do we have a forum for emotional problems surrounding weight loss? Well wishing everone
here a good day.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
I gave in to my old emotional bienging and gained all that weight back. But sunday I
a while. So today I am back to 299.4 lbs after a high of 306 yesterday. By they way
do we have a forum for emotional problems surrounding weight loss? Well wishing everone
here a good day.
Hello EW!
Congrats on getting back down to your low weight!

On emotional eating and binging, they have a very small group here that you may have already seen. However, we are always discussing our own eating issues in various threads here as well. It is something that I believe most everyone battles. I have found JUDDD to be very healing with "emotional eating" issues and I hope it is for you as well.

OA & other 12-step support thread

Last edited by sunday; 07-10-2012 at 02:14 PM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
here a good day.
Hello EW!
Congrats on getting back down to your low weight!

On emotional eating and binging, they have a very small group here that you may have already seen. However, we are always discussing our own eating issues in various threads here as well. It is something that I believe most everyone battles. I have found JUDDD to be very healing in this area and I hope it is for you as well.

EW- I think we probably all have emotional eating issues. I know I can admit to that. I certainly treat myself or bury my emotions in eating because it's easier, AND MORE FUN. well, not when I come to and realize, what I've done. I say that like I don't know. I choose to. Anyway, someone posted in another thread about choices. It was very powerful for me, I am quick to eat and think, this won't matter. I want it. But I'm realizing what I really want and that's to be happy with my body, and to be able to not bury my emotions with food. We deserve it. And I think we can do it. One Up Day and Down Day at a time.

Sunday, thanks for posting the support thread. I'm going to check it out.

Last edited by hollyitworks; 07-10-2012 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: not finished
Old 07-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
You sound good, Holly. Glad to have you on the ride with us.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Welcome!!!!!!!!

Tape measurer should become your best friend!!! The scale will bounce but the tape measurer wont! It always give me piece of mind!!! Exspecially when the scale dont move!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
to JUDDD, Holly, and WTG!!! You're doing awesome!

Long time no see, EW, good to have you back again!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote