Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
I Didn't Think It Was Possible

Today was my third DD and I was dreading it more than any of the others because it posed several problems. The first being that I had to attend a cookout at which every possible temptation would be served. Knowing myself and my propensity to be entirely derailed by just such events, I tried to come up with coping mechanisms.
  • At first, I considered canceling altogether.
  • Then I told myself, well, I will eat all my 500 calories at the party and nothing more.
  • Then I said, if that fails, I will eat 700 calories and still call it a down day.
  • Then, knowing how very likely it was that I would fall face first into a platter of cheeseburgers, I told myself that I would just make it an Up Day.
  • Finally, fearing that I would not even be able to limit myself in that small way, I told myself that if it became a pig-out, I would just jump back on the wagon tomorrow.

The day didn't start well. I woke up with a headache. Worse, I stepped on the scale, and I was up a pound. I knew to be prepared for daily fluctuations. These things happen on almost any diet. They also really demoralize me, but I don't dare go a week without weighing because I need to be accountable. At any rate, I never like seeing a gain, but I didn't freak out.

Before we even got out the door for the party, my husband was already worrying on my behalf. He brought me a deviled egg. I ate it slowly. I didn't feel terribly hungry yet, but 2-5pm is when the pain usually starts in, so I took an aspirin for my headache and we headed out.

The party had a layout of food that surpassed my expectations. Beautiful cakes, my favorite cookie bars, hots and hamburgers, casseroles, etc. And when I saw it, I immediately thought, ok, so, this is never going to work. I'd give it a try, but if I felt too deprived and miserable, I'd break.

I made a plate of a few deviled eggs, some cucumber and tomato salad, and a bunch of strawberries. I also grabbed some water. I ate all this...and I was fine.

I was fine!

Now, if I had to think to myself, isn't it great? I can go to parties and deprive myself all the time. I'm just that strong-willed. Who needs all these delicious foods? Well, I don't think that would have worked. There will be other parties and fun times. And I want to enjoy them. But since I went out to dinner with friends last night and had a delicious meal complete with key lime pie, I was content with letting it go for today...content to take it one day at a time.

And I was perfect today.

It helped that--miraculously--there haven't been hunger pains today. Don't get me wrong, I'm hungry. Very hungry. But for the first time, I'm not in raging distracting pain. Maybe this is because I took an aspirin for my headache. Maybe this is how it's supposed to work. I don't know. All I know is that if DD's are like this one, I can do this. It hasn't been easy, but it wasn't the agony of the first two.

Now, I can't speak to my state of mind tomorrow if I step on that scale and it delivers unhappy news, but for tonight, I'm fairly amazed...and like I said, one day at a time.

Last edited by stephdray; 07-07-2012 at 08:09 PM..
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amlyjo
Stats: 332/310/175
WOE: LC-HF-MP
Start Date: June 2013
Wow, Stephanie! Awesome report! It sound like the key is that you went in there prepared. You were able think about strategies ahead of time, and possible repercussions. And thank heaven they had some things you could chose on plan so you could actually eat.

I'm so proud of you!!!!
amlyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Stephanie, I'm proud of you for sticking to your DD goal. You now see that indeed it can be done. And they are, as promised, getting easier. I'm having a little trouble understanding what you mean by pain. I've never heard anyone else describe the desire to eat or cravings as being in pain. Can you clarify this for me so I can better understand your experience?
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Welcome to the strange and wonderful world of My Food Does Not Control Me, I Control My Food. Making the decision that you could have an UD was very wise, I think. Maybe acknowledging you really have that much control over your own life freed you. It has certainly freed me several times.

I hope the scale was supportive this morning!
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
Stephanie, I'm proud of you for sticking to your DD goal. You now see that indeed it can be done. And they are, as promised, getting easier. I'm having a little trouble understanding what you mean by pain. I've never heard anyone else describe the desire to eat or cravings as being in pain. Can you clarify this for me so I can better understand your experience?
Really Muffy? For me both of the first DDs involved actual pain. My stomach hurt. A lot. It wasn't a craving to eat, it wasn't a rumbling tummy, it was full on gnawing pain that ached and burned for hours on end.

That was all day on the first DD. Only half of the second DD. And not at all yesterday.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

And the scale says I'm down another pound!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Glad you got a happy number today as well, Steph.

As far as pain, yes, I have felt hunger as pain, too. Although it is a specific type that I probably wouldn't confuse with any other pain. "Ache" is a word I would recognize, yes - kind of a more painful extension of "gnawing", which is a word I think most people might have used at one time or another to describe their stomach's feeling. When you mention "burning", of course, that makes me hope you don't have acid bothering you, and makes me want to suggest celery, the delightful anti-acid garden entity!!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
Glad you got a happy number today as well, Steph.

As far as pain, yes, I have felt hunger as pain, too. Although it is a specific type that I probably wouldn't confuse with any other pain. "Ache" is a word I would recognize, yes - kind of a more painful extension of "gnawing", which is a word I think most people might have used at one time or another to describe their stomach's feeling. When you mention "burning", of course, that makes me hope you don't have acid bothering you, and makes me want to suggest celery, the delightful anti-acid garden entity!!
Glad to know I'm not the only one. (Well, not glad for you, just glad that someone knows what I'm talking about.) I've long suspected that this is one reason that very obese people are that way. For me, hunger _is_ an emergency because _it hurts_. And my body has 200,000 years of evolution behind it that tells me to react to pain by doing whatever is necessary to stop it.

That's why I was so shocked by yesterday, during which I was plainly hungry. Very hungry. But not in pain. Whereas the first two DDs definitely involved real pain.

Last edited by stephdray; 07-08-2012 at 07:59 AM..
Old 07-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
It's awesome to see your successes!

I have hunger pain too on a very low calorie day after a day with a lot of calories and carbs. I believe this is why... when your body is used to getting a surge of calories and carbs at the first bite of something it will still send out large amounts of insulin at first taste for awhile. That insulin will break down and tuck everything away (one of it's jobs is fat storage)... and there'll be a lot left over when the usual flood of food doesn't come down the hatch as expected. That excess of insulin will beg for more food and will make you feel pain. It will take some time before your body figures out that your diet has changed and it starts releasing less insulin.

My DDs are naturally low carb because I've been drinking LC shakes and eating lean meats and veggies, trying to get a lot of filler out of so few calories. I think it's enough LC that with eating moderate carbs on UDs I won't get that gnawing hunger pain (that sometimes comes with nausea and/or a headache for me too) on the next DD. Fingers crossed on that! One thing I learned on my HCG 500 calorie days though was that a handful of radishes or a celery stalk or some cucumber slices take away that hunger pain a lot better than I'd ever have guessed. And it only took 3-5 500 calorie days in a row for me to be in the groove and feeling so much better.

My first DD included a tough evening. My 2nd was yesterday and it was much, much easier. I am hoping #3 is a "no brainer" like yours was!!! And I refuse to call an emergency veggie cheating!!!
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
And the scale says I'm down another pound!
Yipppeeeee!!!! Happy dance for you!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Muff: I, too, have experienced hunger PAIN. It's not just gnawing in my stomach, it is pain. I used to think I had to shove a lot of high calorie food in to make it go away. Instead, through trial and error, I have learned that a cup or two of Greek yogurt, or a couple of eggs, or a huge plate of lettuce with some kind of protein like fish or chicken on top will make it feel better. Tea helps me, too.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Steph: Your husband sounds so sweet! With support like that from him, you are going to do really well.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Steph: Your husband sounds so sweet! With support like that from him, you are going to do really well.
He is my white knight. He thinks he's being funny when he says that he's the inspiration behind all the heroes in the romance novels I write under a pen name, but it's actually true.

I want to lose weight and get healthy so that I can spend many more years being loved by him!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
He is my white knight. He thinks he's being funny when he says that he's the inspiration behind all the heroes in the romance novels I write under a pen name, but it's actually true.

I want to lose weight and get healthy so that I can spend many more years being loved by him!
I totally believe you can and will!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I love this!

My hubby and I will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary next March. I've always told him he is my protector. So I guess I have a white knight, too!

I'm going to have to read some of your romance novels!!! It will be fun feeling like I'm in on the little secret about the hero being based on your darling husband.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
It helped that--miraculously--there haven't been hunger pains today. Don't get me wrong, I'm hungry. Very hungry. But for the first time, I'm not in raging distracting pain.
I told you so, I told you so!!!
--that you might experience a different type of of hunger after a while.
My theory is that that desperate hunger is when we run out of ready fuel (glucose/glycogen) and our bodies are trying to get us to eat before they turn to the (apparently dreaded) task of burning fat.
Intermittent fasting (IF) trains our bodies to be less bratty about it!

--Depending on how well you know the host, maybe in future at events such as these you could take some food home for the next day! You even had the perfect excuse: "I have a headache and I don't feel like eating very much. Could I take a cookie bar for later?"

(Why did you have to mention cookie bars?! Now I want a cookie bar!!! )

A note about shutting off the hunger:
Many years ago, I read an article about how newborn babies perceive hunger, and how that changes over time.

When a baby is hungry, it continues to feel hunger pangs until it is full.
If you've ever fed a really young, really hungry baby, perhaps you've noticed that they'll take a few sucks, cry, suck again, cry, and won't settle down for quite a while. Older babies will calm down more quickly.

After a while, our bodies shut down the hunger pangs as soon as we start to eat--just one bite of food, or a piece celery or a couple radishes. We'll still be hungry, yes, but the pain subsides.

Perhaps this is the thing that gets disrupted in obese people...ghrelin or leptin or something...where we DO have to have a full belly to stop feeling pain. But IF may help to restore a healthier hunger response.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 07-08-2012 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: (IF)
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHoberer View Post
My first DD included a tough evening. My 2nd was yesterday and it was much, much easier. I am hoping #3 is a "no brainer" like yours was!!!
Before you get too excited, I wouldn't have called it a no brainer. I was very mindful that I was hungry. I was just fine. My happiest state in life is when I am not thinking about food because I am fully sated. I need to be in that state to work effectively and that's why I still worry about DDs. Because even though I made it through a very challenging environment and I was fine, it was still hard to forget that I was hungry. I just didn't have to fight pain on top of it!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
That's why I was so shocked by yesterday, during which I was plainly hungry. Very hungry. But not in pain. Whereas the first two DDs definitely involved real pain.
Congrats Stephanie down another lb! Very happy for you. I think the appetite suppression is indeed kicking in!

Also, I do know this pain you are speaking about.
My dearest friend can't do JUDDD, and actually she won't even try it because of this physical pain. I honestly thought when she would call me and tell me how she was suffering, at the time, I believed it was in her "head" because I have that type of hunger sporadically. I couldn't imagine it being painful unless she was suffering with a headache from not eating??? But I am learning that it is indeed painful to some. With head hunger, I say to myself I need something when I am stressed or anxious. It is medicinal. I battle this even now and then still. I have to talk myself off of the ledge, so to speak.

I know she would love to JUDDD because she has seen how I am losing and how much I am enjoying dieting EOD. However, BFF can't do low carb either because she has no desire for veggies or protein unless it is with bread/pasta, but the one thing that works for her is calorie restriction as in WW and also Jenny Craig. She has asked me to do one of these plans with her and I told her I will go to the gym and walk with her, but I don't think I can quit JUDDD now.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHoberer View Post
My DDs are naturally low carb because I've been drinking LC shakes and eating lean meats and veggies, trying to get a lot of filler out of so few calories. I think it's enough LC that with eating moderate carbs on UDs I won't get that gnawing hunger pain (that sometimes comes with nausea and/or a headache for me too) on the next DD. Fingers crossed on that! One thing I learned on my HCG 500 calorie days though was that a handful of radishes or a celery stalk or some cucumber slices take away that hunger pain a lot better than I'd ever have guessed. And it only took 3-5 500 calorie days in a row for me to be in the groove and feeling so much better.

My first DD included a tough evening. My 2nd was yesterday and it was much, much easier. I am hoping #3 is a "no brainer" like yours was!!! And I refuse to call an emergency veggie cheating!!!
Congrats on your success this far!!! Excited to see your journey!

I have to keep both my DD & UD lc for now until I reach goal. I think the reason I was feeling lousy on UD had a lot to do with trying to eat carbs. I literally felt like sleeping a lot and very sluggish on UDs. Couldn't get my workout in and it was defeating the purpose of my JUDDD plan!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Way.To.Go!

It was hard, but we can do hard things! And I believe that as the hunger suppression kicks in and you get your body less bratty (love that PJ) about burning fat, you will find it getting easier and easier. Many even report a special clarity of thought that kicks in (often around 2 weeks or so) on DD's. I do experience this as well.

I think running through all the scenarios was really smart. And the worst thing on your list of what might happen with each one was that you'd just get back in rotation the next day. THAT is one of the many wonderful things about JUDDD.

So happy to see the scale reward you for your hard work too. I hope you are enjoying your well-deserved UD.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #21
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SummerAnne
Stats: 254/247.6/No Specific Goal
WOE: NK
Start Date: 8/1/13
Quote:
Really Muffy? For me both of the first DDs involved actual pain. My stomach hurt. A lot. It wasn't a craving to eat, it wasn't a rumbling tummy, it was full on gnawing pain that ached and burned for hours on end.

That was all day on the first DD. Only half of the second DD. And not at all yesterday.
I know exactly what you mean - that's what I was experiencing on my first down day that involved weight lifting. Normal hunger I could deal with, but this was AWFUL.
SummerAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
WTG Steph!

I totally know what you mean, in a bunch of the posts above.

Sometimes, I feel the hunger pain (not just the grumbling emptyness, but actual OW, HEY, THAT HURTS) and for some reason, by that point, I'm like, ow, I can't eat, my stomach hurts.
Which sort of amuses me...

My little mantra for a while was: i can tolerate mild discomfort. I swear, it worked.

It's an amazing balance, this JUDDD... yes, I'm hungry. but honestly, sometimes just as much on an UD as a DD... the other holds true too... sometimes, I'm not any more hungry on a DD than an UD... sometimes I'm not hungry.

i do find myself saying "wow, I'm totally full" on way less/lighter food than ever before.

I'm really enjoying the start of your journey Steph... I started in April, and as someone who has a lot to lose too, it's just good to know that there's other people out there having similar experiences. (and I picked up your book for my kindle too )

Final thought-- I'm hosting a big party on saturday-- backyard, grilling, lots of sangria. It's also my DD, and while I was considering changing my rotation, well, now I'm definitely not.

I know I have options, like you enumerated-- stick, raise, medium day, etc. I'm not freaking out, and that's reason #3938 that I love JUDDD.
Soren

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:13 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I like to cook. On both LC and (at first) JUDDD I really enjoyed planing meals, thinking about food. On JUDDD I gradually realized said food-thinking was making me hungry and had to stop.

I have gradually evolved my DD eating to two scenarios. If I do not experience gut-hunger, then it is coffee (with up to 100 cals HWC), green tea, broth, and a salad for dinn-dinn. If I do get that painful hunger, I add veggies to the broth or eat protein a mini-bite at at time. One time I sat down with a bag of baby spinach leaves and ate one at a time (like they were chips). Literally, eleven spinach leaves ended horrific hunger pain.

DDs are not very interesting. But they are not boring. I usually don't think about food. And I sure look forward to the simplicity and to seeing at the scale the next morning.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post

Perhaps this is the thing that gets disrupted in obese people...ghrelin or leptin or something...where we DO have to have a full belly to stop feeling pain. But IF may help to restore a healthier hunger response.
I suspect you're right. And I'm feeling it a little bit tonight on this, my fourth down day. It's not raging pain like it was the first two times, but the ache is starting to get very uncomfortable and I may have to go to bed early.

This is unfortunate, because I was really doing great all day, and in fact, a few hours ago, I was starting to think, "Hey, this is going to be a breeze!"
Old 07-10-2012, 04:28 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyitworks
Stats: 185/168/130 -17 Woohoo!
WOE: JUDDD (Is there any other way?)
Start Date: Restart July 2012 JUDDD. Start May 2012 Atkins
I love JUDDD

Quote:
I suspect you're right. And I'm feeling it a little bit tonight on this, my fourth down day. It's not raging pain like it was the first two times, but the ache is starting to get very uncomfortable and I may have to go to bed early.

This is unfortunate, because I was really doing great all day, and in fact, a few hours ago, I was starting to think, "Hey, this is going to be a breeze!"
Hey Steph~cut yourself some slack If the time was correct on your post, it was 11:06pm. Sooo time for bed.

~haven't had the thought "Hey, this is going to be a breeze!" but I get a huge sense of accomplishment and when I wake up to an Up Day- I do think "Hey, this is going to be a breeze" hahahaha. maybe it's hallucinations from lack of eating.
hollyitworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:06 AM   #26
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Now that is a successful, social DD! I will sometimes try to shy away from others on a DD. Honestly, it doesn't have to be that way, I just have to keep telling myself that!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyitworks
Stats: 185/168/130 -17 Woohoo!
WOE: JUDDD (Is there any other way?)
Start Date: Restart July 2012 JUDDD. Start May 2012 Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I like to cook. On both LC and (at first) JUDDD I really enjoyed planing meals, thinking about food. On JUDDD I gradually realized said food-thinking was making me hungry and had to stop.

I have gradually evolved my DD eating to two scenarios. If I do not experience gut-hunger, then it is coffee (with up to 100 cals HWC), green tea, broth, and a salad for dinn-dinn. If I do get that painful hunger, I add veggies to the broth or eat protein a mini-bite at at time. One time I sat down with a bag of baby spinach leaves and ate one at a time (like they were chips). Literally, eleven spinach leaves ended horrific hunger pain.

DDs are not very interesting. But they are not boring. I usually don't think about food. And I sure look forward to the simplicity and to seeing at the scale the next morning.
gotsomeold.... I love your idea of protein 1 bit at at time. I'm going to try that. I'm hungry when I wake up. Do you eventually lose your hunger early, and it becomes easier to go until lunch or dinner with only beverages?
hollyitworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I love this!

My hubby and I will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary next March. I've always told him he is my protector. So I guess I have a white knight, too!

I'm going to have to read some of your romance novels!!! It will be fun feeling like I'm in on the little secret about the hero being based on your darling husband.
This made me grin big, Yam-Yam!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyitworks View Post
~haven't had the thought "Hey, this is going to be a breeze!" but I get a huge sense of accomplishment and when I wake up to an Up Day- I do think "Hey, this is going to be a breeze" hahahaha. maybe it's hallucinations from lack of eating.
It probably is!

I will say, however, that my confidence in my ability to go long periods without food without snapping someone's head off is going way up! There appears to be about a four hour window at night during which if anyone says anything wrong to me, I will lose it. But other than that, I'm good :P
Old 07-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyitworks View Post
gotsomeold.... I love your idea of protein 1 bit at at time. I'm going to try that. I'm hungry when I wake up. Do you eventually lose your hunger early, and it becomes easier to go until lunch or dinner with only beverages?
In my experience, YES! There will be an occasional DD morning where I wake up hungry, but that is the exception. On days where I'm busy at work I can easily fast until I get home and have dinner which is sometimes around 9pm. Then- I am hungry, but easily filled by very few calories- I just aim for volume.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote