Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
So far?

Walking out of a PF Changs with a doggie bag for the first time in my life.

A little back story here. Today was an up day. I was actually super stressed about where we were going to dinner because our favorite Vietnamese place is a mom and pop joint where I could not even _begin_ to guess at the calorie counts on some of these dishes. So, I opted for a chain instead. Even though I usually loathe PF Changs, in part, because I have always felt that their serving sizes were too small for me. I'm a big woman with a huge appetite.

I saved a lot of calories up for dinner, but I was still so nervous that I ordered a cucumber and tomato salad to fill me up before the main course...of which I could only eat half. And when I say I could only eat half, I mean it. I was starting to get uncomfortably full.

I'm so new to this that I'm utterly bewildered by this...in the best possible way.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
I'm so new to this that I'm utterly bewildered by this...in the best possible way.

Oh boy, you are really going to love the Appetite Suppression! "Bewildered" was the exact same feeling that I had! Then it was love and I have never looked back!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 150.2/148/120
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Aug 26 2013
Mine would be how easy it is to bounce back even after days of messing up. I've had consecutive days of having to attend fancy dinners and one time, after having to do 'Up Days' four consecutive times, I gained almost 3 kgs. Went back to my normal rotation and within my second DD, it was ALL GONE! I thought I would have to do consecutive DDs to get off the weight but I did my usual rotation as advised by JUDDD BUDDDs and as always, they were completely right! I'm now sitting well below my weight range, thanks to JUDDD!
Spoonful of Happiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv is a fairytale View Post
Mine would be how easy it is to bounce back even after days of messing up. I've had consecutive days of having to attend fancy dinners and one time, after having to do 'Up Days' four consecutive times, I gained almost 3 kgs. Went back to my normal rotation and within my second DD, it was ALL GONE! I thought I would have to do consecutive DDs to get off the weight but I did my usual rotation as advised by JUDDD BUDDDs and as always, they were completely right! I'm now sitting well below my weight range, thanks to JUDDD!
JUDDD bends & flexes! I have had to do this as well!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2boysaz View Post
Ok, Ok! You guys are killing me!!
Who could NOT want to give this WOE a chance after THAT!
I still plan to read some more about the particulars, and I'm still waiting for the book from my library, but I'm jumping in! Looking forward to learning about this WOE, about myself and what my body needs and doesn't need, and getting to know all of you!

Many more questions to come...
You are too cute! Can't wait 'til you come over to the dark side, as they say, where ...... we have cooooookies.....mmmmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
Walking out of a PF Changs with a doggie bag for the first time in my life.

A little back story here. Today was an up day. I was actually super stressed about where we were going to dinner because our favorite Vietnamese place is a mom and pop joint where I could not even _begin_ to guess at the calorie counts on some of these dishes. So, I opted for a chain instead. Even though I usually loathe PF Changs, in part, because I have always felt that their serving sizes were too small for me. I'm a big woman with a huge appetite.

I saved a lot of calories up for dinner, but I was still so nervous that I ordered a cucumber and tomato salad to fill me up before the main course...of which I could only eat half. And when I say I could only eat half, I mean it. I was starting to get uncomfortably full.

Now THAT story belongs on the NSV and Woo-Hoo's threads! I'm so happy for you! Pat and Nancy have mentioned that for some people the effect of the sirtuins kicks in pretty quickly. You must be one of them and it's lovely to hear about. So, thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv is a fairytale View Post
I hear ya on this one. Yay! The first time that happened to me was in January after I had only been JUDDing a few weeks. We were in Florida for 8 days and most days were UDs. Surprisingly I didn't gain as much as I thought I would and it came right back off with the rotations. What's not to love about that? Especially after all the years I did LC. If I messed up like that on LC I would gain a huge amount and then have a long tough time suffering to get it back off.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I love eating out with family and friends and not being the odd one out. The one who says, no to Pizza restaurants. The one who has to alter every order.

I love that I don't have to ask a hostess to excuse me from eating certain foods or even if I may bring something along to eat.

My Christmas last year was so relaxed. I loved cooking all my old recipes once again.

I just LOVE JUDDD.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I love eating out with family and friends and not being the odd one out. The one who says, no to Pizza restaurants. The one who has to alter every order.

I love that I don't have to ask a hostess to excuse me from eating certain foods or even if I may bring something along to eat.

My Christmas last year was so relaxed. I loved cooking all my old recipes once again.

I just LOVE JUDDD.
Yes! I love not "altering" absolutely everything I order out. I love that I don't have to have meat with a side of meat and hold EVERYTHING else!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Yes! I love not "altering" absolutely everything I order out. I love that I don't have to have meat with a side of meat and hold EVERYTHING else!
When my DS's DFIL was on Atkins, he said he went into a burger place and ordered a cheeseburger without the cheese or the bun. The server looked at him like he was nuts.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
When my DS's DFIL was on Atkins, he said he went into a burger place and ordered a cheeseburger without the cheese or the bun. The server looked at him like he was nuts.
I'm laughing now, but seriously...I've done that hundreds of times and I wasn't laughing then.

Waitress: What will you have?
Me: A burger. Just a burger.
Waitress: No fries?
Me: No. Just the burger.
Waitress: Coleslaw?
Me: No! Just the burger (now I'm frustrated)... no bun and no ketchup. Just on a plate... but I will have a pickle and some mayo on the side.

Good grief! I JUDDD!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #40

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
In a word? Everything.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Every single thought posted here resonated with me in a BIG way. Can't add much more, BUT, how MUCH BETTER I feel about MYSELF, and how utterly happy I have been along the way. Almost GIDDY. Seems too good to be true...but it HAS BEEN MY REALITY! I'm ECSTATIC! Can you tell? It's a DD. Must.Go.Pee.

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I LOVE that I can eat all of the fresh veggies I want fresh out of the garden this year. At least I can every other day. Cantaloupes will be ready in a week and I just LOVE cantaloupe and then the watermelons will be ready and I absolutely LOVE watermelon (second only to ice cream). I had fresh from the garden spaghetti squash and blackeyed peas tonight for dinner with cornbread. So wonderful. And tomorrow I will do a DD and then Wednesday I will dive back into the fresh veggies. Can't get much healthier than that.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chelly59
Stats: 211.8/199.4/175 54yrs
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 4, 2014
I still feel so new about JUDDD but enjoy reading every one's comments. I truly believe this woe can work for me. I have gone down 7lbs and do not feel like I am on a diet and being deprived of food. It's just the opposite, I am never starved and can eat what I like on UDs. On DDs, I know it's just a matter of hours before I can eat whatever I want, as long as I stay within the calorie guidelines. Thank you all for the comments. Carly, good thread!
chelly59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chelly59
Stats: 211.8/199.4/175 54yrs
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 4, 2014
It is working

I was very uneasy about doing this JUDDD thing. I didn't see it working for me as I have tried many ways to slim downward. Well, I decided to give it a try.....and very, very glad I did. It has definitely worked and so far, I am neither starving or feeling deprived of any food item. It's good to be able to write in this forum and see all the other comments from each of you. Carly, thank you for creating such a thread. Good topic. I can honestly say that today, I am loving JUDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

I started about three weeks ago, and so far it's 215>>>>>>211>>>>>>>209
chelly59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
Both the appetite suppression and the way I feel about food in general.

It's been a rough stressful three weeks and I can't say I stuck to any plan -just tried to make good choices while eating more.

First day back to a real DD and I was not hungry till 3.00pm! It's also shown me just how much of my eating was emotional and how little it helps the stress to eat anyway. It's just not worth it. Stress relief comes from eating clean and a good work out.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #46

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
It's a plan even my husband can do! He never liked LC, in his words, if I have to give up that much, I'd rather be FAT! I honestly agree! I mean, when I started LC back in 2002, it was billed as, Don't ever have even a hint of sugar or flour, IF you do, you will be STALLED forever! Life Happens. With this, JUDDD just happens right along with LIFE!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cynthm
Stats: 5'7". 165/151.8/135
WOE: JUDDD/HCG
Start Date: 06/24/2012 JUDDD; 7/30/12 HCG
I love this thread! I've only been at this a couple weeks, and have only lost a couple pounds, but I still can't believe I'm below my start weight, where all I ate was LC, all the time. Some of the prior posts about meat, all meat, crack me up...can SO relate! I remain astonished that I can eat bread without guilt, and oatmeal, and fruit...yes, even fruit caused me anxiety on LC. It's like JUDDD has given me a huge WHOOSH, not in weight loss (yet!) but in stress level....my stress about eating is 100% less. If someone invites me to El Torito for happy hour (umm, ok, that's happening tonight!) I don't have to stress about how weird I will seem when I eat no tortilla chips, and pick out the meat from inside the taco. I don't have to stress that if I order a regular margarita instead of a skinny one, the carbs will cause me to gain 4 pounds overnight. I don't have to stress that I will fall off the LC wagon and stuff the entire basket of yummy tortilla chips in my face while my friends pretend not to notice, because I know I can't have them and who knows when I will ever get them again on LC??? No driving need to do that now, because I know I can have more chips the day after tomorrow if I want. What a relief! I may be actually acquiring a normal attitude to food again )
cynthm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly59 View Post
I was very uneasy about doing this JUDDD thing. I didn't see it working for me as I have tried many ways to slim downward. Well, I decided to give it a try.....and very, very glad I did. It has definitely worked and so far, I am neither starving or feeling deprived of any food item. It's good to be able to write in this forum and see all the other comments from each of you. Carly, thank you for creating such a thread. Good topic. I can honestly say that today, I am loving JUDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

I started about three weeks ago, and so far it's 215>>>>>>211>>>>>>>209
Yay, Chelly! I'm so glad you found this WOE!
Old 07-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthm View Post
I love this thread! I've only been at this a couple weeks, and have only lost a couple pounds, but I still can't believe I'm below my start weight, where all I ate was LC, all the time. Some of the prior posts about meat, all meat, crack me up...can SO relate! I remain astonished that I can eat bread without guilt, and oatmeal, and fruit...yes, even fruit caused me anxiety on LC. It's like JUDDD has given me a huge WHOOSH, not in weight loss (yet!) but in stress level....my stress about eating is 100% less. If someone invites me to El Torito for happy hour (umm, ok, that's happening tonight!) I don't have to stress about how weird I will seem when I eat no tortilla chips, and pick out the meat from inside the taco. I don't have to stress that if I order a regular margarita instead of a skinny one, the carbs will cause me to gain 4 pounds overnight. I don't have to stress that I will fall off the LC wagon and stuff the entire basket of yummy tortilla chips in my face while my friends pretend not to notice, because I know I can't have them and who knows when I will ever get them again on LC??? No driving need to do that now, because I know I can have more chips the day after tomorrow if I want. What a relief! I may be actually acquiring a normal attitude to food again )
I can relate to so much of what you wrote! I did LC from about 2002-2005! I lost 110lbs in less than 18 mos. But each attempt after was very stressful and I felt very deprived. That WOE was not doing anything to repair my disordered veiws about food. My most recent attempts seemed to worsen my notion of good/bad or safe/unsafe food.
I JUDDD!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Carly...you seem so delightful!!....Just felt like sayin that!!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:29 AM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Aw...thanks!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
1. It works.
2. It's inexpensive.
3. You can do it anywhere in the world (as opposed to low carb, which would be criminal in some areas where there is so much poverty that most people can rarely eat meat).
4. Variety of foods!
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #53

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
I agree with you ! Our grocery bill is much much less!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
1. It works.
2. It's inexpensive.
3. You can do it anywhere in the world (as opposed to low carb, which would be criminal in some areas where there is so much poverty that most people can rarely eat meat).
4. Variety of foods!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
1. It works.
2. It's inexpensive.
4. Variety of foods!
OMGoodness, I can't believe the fact that I only buy groceries once biweekly and pay half of my original cost, wasn't on my list. I love NOT shopping!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I love that I am totally goofy off of about 1/4 of a drink right now.

(PS...Yes, it's a DD!)

(PPS...I also love that I can explain my WOE and not start an argument over what's healthy/not healthy.
I eat "normally" one day, less the next. No big deal. Everybody I know thinks it is REALLY cool.
[A lot of my friends are Master Cleanse fans, and/or vegetarians, vegans, & raw foodists.])

Last edited by piratejenny; 07-11-2012 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: PS
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/146.8/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
I just looked at the calorie count for fresh berries, one of my absolute favorite things that I never indulged in LC.

I think I am going to do a whole DD of fresh berries and lf cheese. I love that!

Last edited by millergirl1976; 07-11-2012 at 08:25 PM..
millergirl1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Wonderful thread, Carly!

I absolutely love everything you guys have posted and thinking, Yes, Yes! (and wiping a tear or two away) as I read your words.

JUDDD yanked me into maintenance so fast it made my head And then it took me lower without me even knowing it would happen. It's done a lot of great things for me, and right now I can't help but think the most special thing is, that it gave me all these wonderful JUDDD Buds! you guys!

Also wanted to link to Kimberly's wonderful thread on all the Non-Scale Victories - this is another thing I love about JUDDD! Non-Scale Victories- please list them

And want to say to Tina and mommy2boysaz
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Why I love JUDDD #1,999:
Birthday pig out and no guilt!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I love that JUDDD actually teaches you about food and calories instead of punishing you for what you ate. For about a week I went on a total donut bender while on vacation. It didn't affect my weight too much (the couple pounds I'm almost done with) but it taught me that if I eat junk like that for the brunt of my calories I'm going to be hungry the next DD instead of mildly empty...not fun. So bye bye loads of donuts, hello veggies, hummus, protein, fruit, and all the other yumminess of life.

It has also taught me not to vilify food. Fruit is not evil, it will not stab you in your sleep (well, maybe the bananas ) Grains can be had sparingly with attention to quality and they will not give you an instant pot belly. I am moving towards a healthier place in my life. Deep down I was always concerned that atkins wasn't as healthy as it could be and now I know that I can lose weight and eat everything fairly low carb and in moderation and its the most wonderful feeling in the world