Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I liked reading this

From Brad Pilon's website. He is the author of "Eat Stop Eat":

"My rule of thumb with fasting and the things you can eat or drink during a fast is as follows: If I can go without I go without, if I absolutely canít then I donít.

So those people who want to know if they can have beef broth or greens drinks or Ďa little milk in their coffeeí during their fasts, I say if the difference between them fasting or not fasting at all (eating as usual) is the need for some beef broth then go have the beef broth, but if you are just trying to find ways to cheat your way though a fast then donít use the beef broth.

Finally it means ease. Granted, every one of your fasts is not going to be easy, but they shouldnít feel like punishment. If you are constantly dreading your fasts you are doing it wrong. Stay flexible. Find times that work for you.

Itís a lifestyle, and itís your lifestyle, so please, Eat Stop Eat is about flexibility, ease and effectiveness. Donít fall victim to the idea that fasting has to somehow be complicated."

I think the same could be said of JUDD and the DD fasts, don't you think? The key word is flexibility and finding your way to "do it right".

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Thanks Yam Yam. It really can be simple but sometimes I can overcomplicate it. However, not as often as I use to!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
From Brad Pilon's website. He is the author of "Eat Stop Eat":

"My rule of thumb with fasting and the things you can eat or drink during a fast is as follows: If I can go without I go without, if I absolutely canít then I donít.

So those people who want to know if they can have beef broth or greens drinks or Ďa little milk in their coffeeí during their fasts, I say if the difference between them fasting or not fasting at all (eating as usual) is the need for some beef broth then go have the beef broth, but if you are just trying to find ways to cheat your way though a fast then donít use the beef broth.

Finally it means ease. Granted, every one of your fasts is not going to be easy, but they shouldnít feel like punishment. If you are constantly dreading your fasts you are doing it wrong. Stay flexible. Find times that work for you.

Itís a lifestyle, and itís your lifestyle, so please, Eat Stop Eat is about flexibility, ease and effectiveness. Donít fall victim to the idea that fasting has to somehow be complicated."

I think the same could be said of JUDD and the DD fasts, don't you think? The key word is flexibility and finding your way to "do it right".
excellent post Yam Yam
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Thanks Yam Yam. It really can be simple but sometimes I can overcomplicate it. However, not as often as I use to!
DDs got dramatically easier for me when a light bulb went on in my head about the range of calories. I had read that some JUDDers started out at higher numbers on DDs and worked their way down. And, I read in Dr. J's book that the SIRT1 gene is probably activated and producing enzymes even when we eat as high as 75%. That seems to be the cut off. So, I wrote down a range from 20% to 35% for me and then made a little P.S. for the 45% number.

I reminded myself that if I was really struggling, I could add some calories on a DD. It simplified everything for me for some reason. Just knowing I have that cushion. And, most of the time I don't even need it. Simple though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
excellent post Yam Yam
Thanks, Muff! I enjoy reading things that motivate me and them sharing bits and pieces here and there.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
This really resonates with me:

Quote:
"Donít fall victim to the idea that fasting has to somehow be complicated."
Many (most?) of us are our own worst enemies and have a tendency to overthink things. To our detriment!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
This really resonates with me:

Many (most?) of us are our own worst enemies and have a tendency to overthink things. To our detriment!
I so agree! Honestly I think that's why sticking to some plans long term was hard for me. On LF/LC I would think if I ate a brussel sprout or had cream in my coffee I had blown the whole week and undone everything I'd worked for and set myself back. (That's what Stillman stresses in his book. Even Dukan says the rules are non-negotiable).

When I was not happy with the scale I would scrutinize and analyze everything to the point of ridiculousness wondering what was wrong.

I don't over think JUDD anymore. I just do it. I have a range of calories on DDs from 20% to 45% in my head. I'm almost on auto-pilot and eat easy stuff that gets me satisfied and that I already know calorie counts for.

On UDs I pretty much enjoy myself and don't over plan. If I want something, I have it and jot down the calories.

I rarely go over any more because I seem to have the magic appetite control and I'm not frantic about thinking I can never have something again.

And, if I have a question or concern about something, I can always come here and there are some smart BUDDS to give me information and encouragement. So simple! Ya gotta love it!

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 07-08-2012 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 07-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD

I can relate to and agree with everything you said!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote