Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2boysaz
Stats: 5'6" - 188.2/182.4/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: June 23,2012
Struggling to get through round 1 of hHCG... Then to JUDDD??

I'm midway through Round 1 of hHCG. Did great the first week (down 8 pounds!), then not so great week 2 (this past week); still down 8 pounds...
Anyways, I am going to finish this round strong, and hopefully lose a few more pounds, but then am strongly thinking that JUDDD might be my next step.
First of all, after lurking here for a week or so, I can honestly say that everyone here is SOOO nice and helpful! What a fantastic group of people! How could a person not be successful with support like this??
But, also, this seems like a very practical way of life. I've ordered the book from my library, so plan to read it over the next couple of weeks while finishing my hcg round. Wondering how long I should do Phase 3 of HCG before I can come over to JUDDD? Any other tips for transitioning from hcg to JUDDD?
I still want to lose 30 pounds or so... I am thinking that finding this site and this WOE (which I'd never heard of before), may just be the thing that could lead to success for me.
mommy2boysaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Maybe this thread will help. Best wishes.

I'm moving to JUDDD from HCG this week and have a few questions
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One more former hcg'er to JUDDD!

arose JUDDD maintenance
Old 07-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Glad sunday happened to know those particular threads to suggest.

Will just say to you when you do decide to try JUDDD. So glad you have the book. Congratulations on 8 pounds gone.

editing to say I noticed your location - please get all the water you need! This is a very dehydrating time of year and without additional water to compensate for the temperatures you could stall. You aren't getting the hydration from food that you are used to. You probably know all this!!

Last edited by Whitlin'; 07-07-2012 at 08:30 AM..
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
There are lots of former hcg'ers here. I did 2 rounds of hhcg and found the 2nd round much harder. I also lost only 11 lbs in 3 weeks which is ok....but you suffer a lot to lose that. But this time I didn't stabilize properly and I gained back 7 lbs I am finding JUDDD a little easier to stick with. Welcome aboard!!!
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! That was sort of rude of me to fail to you to JUDDD!

Also, please check out the JULY Newbie thread! Amazing that everyone is coming here from Hcg! I know you will read some great info from hcg'ers you may already know.

July Newbies ~ Post Here!
Old 07-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2boysaz View Post
I'm midway through Round 1 of hHCG. Did great the first week (down 8 pounds!), then not so great week 2 (this past week); still down 8 pounds...
Anyways, I am going to finish this round strong, and hopefully lose a few more pounds, but then am strongly thinking that JUDDD might be my next step.
First of all, after lurking here for a week or so, I can honestly say that everyone here is SOOO nice and helpful! What a fantastic group of people! How could a person not be successful with support like this??
But, also, this seems like a very practical way of life. I've ordered the book from my library, so plan to read it over the next couple of weeks while finishing my hcg round. Wondering how long I should do Phase 3 of HCG before I can come over to JUDDD? Any other tips for transitioning from hcg to JUDDD?
I still want to lose 30 pounds or so... I am thinking that finding this site and this WOE (which I'd never heard of before), may just be the thing that could lead to success for me.
I Know you have gotten some links to how others have done it, but this is how I suggest doing it. Finish your P3 first!! Your body will be just done with P2 and you have been deficient in fats the whole time you were in P2. Your body will be craving it. It will make those DDs a bit harder (I believe) than they should be. I suggest if you cannot commit to 3 weeks of P3 eating to restore your nutrition, then at least do a week! That way you can do the DDs---and get through them without dying

My plan is to finish my hcg round on July 27, do a 3 week of P3, then do JUDDD. I know that will put me doing JUDDD in far future, but I am willing to wait. I want to have my body ready for those DDs.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
I just came straight from P2 to JUDDD. I am doing it P3-style, no starch and no sugar until week 4, like we would normally on hcg. Dawn is right, the first few down days right after doing P2 is hard. But I am stable and this maintenance is a breeze comparably. I am below my last dose weight, which I never am. I am one that immediately gains almost the whole 2-pound window and fights to stay there. Not this time. I like JUDDD after hcg! My DD's are not always 500 calorie since I am in maintenance.

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
I just came straight from P2 to JUDDD. I am doing it P3-style, no starch and no sugar until week 4, like we would normally on hcg. Dawn is right, the first few down days right after doing P2 is hard. But I am stable and this maintenance is a breeze comparably. I am below my last dose weight, which I never am. I am one that immediately gains almost the whole 2-pound window and fights to stay there. Not this time. I like JUDDD after hcg! My DD's are not always 500 calorie since I am in maintenance.
This give me such hope!! I would always get to goal on hcg, but then those P3s and P4s would not be easy. I am looking forward to being able to maintain this time I just have to get through the next 3 weeks on P2 I miss eating though. I am not so much hungry as just want to eat. I don't like P2 eating, but love the losses.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
I'm also considering moving to JUDDD after HCG. I tried JUDDD before, but I couldn't figure out how to the DDs with low carb. I think I have that down now with doing HCG

It may be awhile before I switch over cause I'm doing good with HCG and hope to lose more, but I'm watching these threads and I'm gonna read the links above.
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the links, Sunday! I have been reading, reading, reading!

Thanks Dawn and C'Marie, also, for the advice.
I'm thinking maybe I've totally fouled up this P2 round... I was SOO ravenous yesterday that I ended up eating extra in the evening AGAIN. So basically I have eaten over my allowed cals/fat at least 4 days out of the last week. I'm not sure I can get back on track! I did go ahead and take my hHCG dose this morning, but do you think I'd be just as well off to call this round off and just eat LC for the next few weeks? I've basically maintained within a pound up or down, this whole week. Sigh. No one to blame for this but myself!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:51 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
I'm basically right along with you, Dawn. I'm on R2D6 of hhcg, but I did do JUDDD (sort of) in between rounds for a couple of months and lost a few more lbs. I plan to come back to JUDDD for maintenance - hopefully this second round of hhcg will get me within my desired window! I'm rogue though, so I'll have to see.

m2b, I'm really such a newbie in spite of being on R2 that I don't want to advise you. But hugs! I hear you!
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Thank you for the links, Sunday! I have been reading, reading, reading!

Thanks Dawn and C'Marie, also, for the advice.
I'm thinking maybe I've totally fouled up this P2 round... I was SOO ravenous yesterday that I ended up eating extra in the evening AGAIN. So basically I have eaten over my allowed cals/fat at least 4 days out of the last week. I'm not sure I can get back on track! I did go ahead and take my hHCG dose this morning, but do you think I'd be just as well off to call this round off and just eat LC for the next few weeks? I've basically maintained within a pound up or down, this whole week. Sigh. No one to blame for this but myself!
I did JUDDD straight from my messed up P2. If you have not done a proper P2, then why should you follow a proper P3? That is what I said to myself as I transitioned to JUDDD straight from P2. So if you have thoughts of giving up on your round, then go for it!! Straight to JUDDD!!! I lost weight the first week, gained the second week and didn't like that I gained so I hopped back to P2. So you might have better luck than me on JUDDD. I know CMarie is doing extra well on it!! Good luck as to what you end up doing.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

So, Dawn, did you eat LC during your JUDDD? I need to get this figured out and get a plan so I can go get my groceries for the week! LOL!

I just reread and see that C'Marie is doing the LC version for the first weeks... I'm thinking that might be best for me, too. Otherwise, I'm afraid my old cravings will be triggered and I'll lose what little progress I've made!

Last edited by mommy2boysaz; 07-08-2012 at 07:27 AM..
Old 07-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #15

Quote:
So, Dawn, did you eat LC during your JUDDD? I need to get this figured out and get a plan so I can go get my groceries for the week! LOL!

I just reread and see that C'Marie is doing the LC version for the first weeks... I'm thinking that might be best for me, too. Otherwise, I'm afraid my old cravings will be triggered and I'll lose what little progress I've made!
If you are coming off P2, even if you have not been following it for a while, yes. Do it P3 style so that would be lc. That should be easy since you know what a 500 calorie day looks like I mostly ate just like a P2 day on my DDs.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just like that I am not above my LIW at this point. Honestly, that has never happened to me. I also ate a few starches a week early. Not much, but still, some - a few chips and a couple tablespoons of beans out to dinner at a Mex restaurant, and a small handful of potato chips on the 4th. I'm enjoying keeping track of calories, which I never thought I would. I counted everything, even when I oops'd. I wanted to see it. What good is experimenting if you're not honest with yourself!? LOL.... I am keeping it P3 for the next week though, my P4 starts Friday, so Saturday, the day I travel, I can nibble on a starch here or there on the plane

OH - important here - I notice that I am not suffering from the usual P3 "I am so deprived from P2 I deserve to eat ________" even P3-safe foods but too much of them...fill in the blank this time. BECAUSE I CAN HAVE IT TOMORROW! very freeing.

Last edited by C'Marie; 07-08-2012 at 12:55 PM..
Old 07-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
I just like that I am not above my LIW at this point. Honestly, that has never happened to me. I also ate a few starches a week early. Not much, but still, some - a few chips and a couple tablespoons of beans out to dinner at a Mex restaurant, and a small handful of potato chips on the 4th. I'm enjoying keeping track of calories, which I never thought I would. I counted everything, even when I oops'd. I wanted to see it. What good is experimenting if you're not honest with yourself!? LOL.... I am keeping it P3 for the next week though, my P4 starts Friday, so Saturday, the day I travel, I can nibble on a starch here or there on the plane

OH - important here - I notice that I am not suffering from the usual P3 "I am so deprived from P2 I deserve to eat ________" even P3-safe foods but too much of them...fill in the blank this time. BECAUSE I CAN HAVE IT TOMORROW! very freeing.
Gosh, this is so good to read! Really happy for you Marie. I have been anxiously waiting to hear how it went and it amazes me that our body knows how to handle JUDDD and we lose even when in maintenance!

Mommy, One reason that it is very important to count calories on JUDDD is because our first inclination from doing VLCD is to eat, eat, eat. Go to the JUDDD website and calculate both Up and Down days. I can see how JUDDD won't work if you go way overboard on UD and too much on DD. It is a science.

Also, I am seeing one of the best benefits from doing JUDDD is that I now can have the wonderful energy of fasting and sleep like a baby as well. I never could get that when I did the hcg protocol. I suffered with insomnia like no other.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 07-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I also think I am sleeping better, at least a little, on JUDDD. I have a heck of a time sleeping on hcg. I don't know why. I know some people report sleeping well on hcg. I am not one of them. It's like I'm hyper-sensitive. But on JUDDD, I am staying asleep better during the small wake-ups I have during the night, it's easier to just roll over and go back to sleep quickly. That is encouraging.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CaTriGirl
WOE: hhcg
I'm coming to JUDDD from hhcg too. I'm on day 4 of P3 and will do at least a week or two of P3 before switching but who knows I may just do the whole 3 weeks. I'm stabilizing the same weight everyday and I'm not hungry or feeling like I'm missing out on anything. I decided to not jump into JUDDD right away because others had experienced extreme hunger doing that and I was hungry most of my round. I do not want to go back to feeling extreme hunger and deprived! (though I know it prob will involve some hunger!)

I would like to lose 5 more lbs but im not in a huge hurry to do so. I
am looking forward to adding a few carbs, but like you am afraid I'll start cravings again so I guess I'll tread lightly.

I'm so excited to see so many hcg-ers heading over here!
CaTriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote