Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 04:22 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
fasting protects me from gaining weight!

yesterday was my DD, I usually do not eat until 3pm. I starting eating some snacks at 3pm then had dinner and then the sugar monster hit me. I then proceeded to eat anything and everything that was sweet. I was suppose to eat 700 cals and ate maybe 2500!!! Today I expected a huge gain from all the carbs and sweets. I was expecting at least 2 or 3 lbs that has occured in the past from a FULL day of feasting. Instead I only gained 1lb!!!! Wow!!!

So I started to think back and I noticed that the days that i fast most of the day and goof up I don't have too much damage compared to a day that I would eat breakfast, lunch etc... and blow dinner. Just an observation I wanted to share. Maybe its worth fasting until 3pm in case you lose control at dinner for what ever reason.

Of course the other train of thought is... if you ate breakfast and lunch its less likely to blow dinner. But I have been able to fast until 3pm and not had any issues eating a low cal dinner. Just yesterday I wasn't necessaily hungry just craving sugar, near TOM.

So I will continue to fast on my DD's until 3pm and try to do the same on my UD. usually my UD I eat at 12pm. It just seems that if I fast I get more protection from gaining weight. I am sure it helps me lose more too!. It must do something to my enzymes or metabolism because it can handle more goof ups!

Of course the only way to truely test out this theory is to do an experiment with fasting vs non fasting and feasting that day, but I am not going to do that! I will just keep observing when it happens!! This may be one of those added benefits of JUDDD magic!

Has anyone experienced this too?

What ever you are craving now will be there for you to eat when you are done losing weight!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Well, over eating on DD is one way to verify you have successfully activated your sirtuin enzymes. Congratulations!
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annalissa
I am still in the mode of considering whether to move into JUDDD. I appreciate the posts here for making me think.

Fasting intermittently also protects me from gaining weight.
Annalissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:51 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Abby
Stats: 5'7";197_'09;167/139/132_'12
WOE: LC/VLC
Even with IF, it's all about calories. I gained weight in the past eating only once a day in the evening because of my heavy workload. While I was essentially fasting daily x 24 hours, my calorie intake overwhelmed the protection afforded by IF. A word to the wise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm one who has to constantly shake things up. DDs that are work days I fast till dinner which may be at 9pm, but DDs on the weekend or a vacation day I will nibble all day on celery or cucumbers with a little dressing or rice vinegar. I love JUDDD because it is so flexible and forgiving.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Cutie: Have you heard of Fast-5 or the Warrior Diet? Interestingly enough, when you fast during the day and then eat all your food in about a 5 hour window, that's Fast-5 or Warrior. I had read some of Sophiecat's posts about it and bought the 2 books. Then, when I'm on vacation it's really easy to follow that eating pattern because most of our big dinners or social events are in the evening.

Like you, I find it keeps me from gaining or from gaining very much. Then when I get back to a serious DD and start JUDD rotations what I gained comes off quickly and I start to lose again.

Nancy is right! Your sirtuin enzymes are built up in your body and working hard to flush out the extra calories you are eating. Fasting during the day is keeping your rescue gene activated and producine sirtuins. Cool!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Yam yam, I have heard of fast five. I have not read too much about it because it sounds difficult to do. I am not sure if I could commit to it 100%. some days waiting until 3pm is too hard.

coming from the hcg diet... I would have easily gained 3 lbs yesterday and then had to struggle with eating mostly protein days to get it off. I love juddd. I hope others give it a try. It is truly magical and very forgiving!

Thanks everyone for confirming that my sirtuin enzymes are hard at work!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttie99 View Post
Yam yam, I have heard of fast five. I have not read too much about it because it sounds difficult to do. I am not sure if I could commit to it 100%. some days waiting until 3pm is too hard.

coming from the hcg diet... I would have easily gained 3 lbs yesterday and then had to struggle with eating mostly protein days to get it off. I love juddd. I hope others give it a try. It is truly magical and very forgiving!

Thanks everyone for confirming that my sirtuin enzymes are hard at work!
Cutie: I came from LC and it was the same way. I would have gained up to 5 pounds and it would have taken me two weeks to get all of it off by eating eggs and fish every day. I'm seriously a believer in the sirtuins now after having read so much on the web about the research and experiencing it!

Like you, I don't think I'd be able to do fast-5 long term. I'm not much of a breakfast eater, but boy, I love me some nice filling lunches.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
yesterday was my DD, I usually do not eat until 3pm. I starting eating some snacks at 3pm then had dinner and then the sugar monster hit me. I then proceeded to eat anything and everything that was sweet. I was suppose to eat 700 cals and ate maybe 2500!!! Today I expected a huge gain from all the carbs and sweets. I was expecting at least 2 or 3 lbs that has occured in the past from a FULL day of feasting. Instead I only gained 1lb!!!! Wow!!!

So I started to think back and I noticed that the days that i fast most of the day and goof up I don't have too much damage compared to a day that I would eat breakfast, lunch etc... and blow dinner. Just an observation I wanted to share. Maybe its worth fasting until 3pm in case you lose control at dinner for what ever reason.

Of course the other train of thought is... if you ate breakfast and lunch its less likely to blow dinner. But I have been able to fast until 3pm and not had any issues eating a low cal dinner. Just yesterday I wasn't necessaily hungry just craving sugar, near TOM.

So I will continue to fast on my DD's until 3pm and try to do the same on my UD. usually my UD I eat at 12pm. It just seems that if I fast I get more protection from gaining weight. I am sure it helps me lose more too!. It must do something to my enzymes or metabolism because it can handle more goof ups!

Of course the only way to truely test out this theory is to do an experiment with fasting vs non fasting and feasting that day, but I am not going to do that! I will just keep observing when it happens!! This may be one of those added benefits of JUDDD magic!

Has anyone experienced this too?
Yes, I get this same result when I do my dd/FD (basically Pirate Jenny's MUDDD only my cutoff from DD eating to FD eating is 5 p.m. and sometimes I repeat this day after day instead of going on with FD/dd...). This may be similar to Fast5 and other types of IF.

I don't even necessarily fast during the "dd" part of the day, but just keep it at DD calories or less, and that seems to be enough to do the trick. Probably if I fasted I would have actual losses, but since I'm maintaining I don't do the true fasting. This lets me just sort of hang around in my maintenance range. Even then, doing this method let me slowly drop more pounds over months.

Glad it's working so well for you, Cuttie! KUTGW.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Glad you are loaded up on sirt enzymes and reaping some great benefits!

Do be aware that there have been instances where fasting on both UD's and DD's till later in the day has led to stalls and even gains. Seems for some, the extended fast (going from DD and then not eating till 3 pm on the next UD could give 40+ hours of restricted calories) may be too much stress on the body so that it doesn't pull out of the stress response when you eat again, even if you get all your calories in.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<275/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Maybe its worth fasting until 3pm in case you lose control at dinner for what ever reason.
That's exactly my reasoning behind doing this!!!
I fast or eat very lightly during the day on DDs...sometimes only coffee & cream, and/or 60-100cals worth of beef jerky.
If I "blow it" later in the day, or an invitation to eat at a restaurant or friend's house comes up, then I can at least call it a "Fast 5" day instead of a Total Oops!
Quote:
Of course the other train of thought is... if you ate breakfast and lunch its less likely to blow dinner.
That doesn't work for me. If I eat small meals all day long, I still want a big dinner. It's better if I fast all day, even if it means I'm hungry all day, because I ALWAYS want to eat later in the day.
If I eat a filling meal around 6 or 7, I might even make it to bedtime without snacking!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I'm one who has to constantly shake things up. DDs that are work days I fast till dinner which may be at 9pm, but DDs on the weekend or a vacation day I will nibble all day on celery or cucumbers with a little dressing or rice vinegar. I love JUDDD because it is so flexible and forgiving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
That's exactly my reasoning behind doing this!!!
I fast or eat very lightly during the day on DDs...sometimes only coffee & cream, and/or 60-100cals worth of beef jerky.
If I "blow it" later in the day, or an invitation to eat at a restaurant or friend's house comes up, then I can at least call it a "Fast 5" day instead of a Total Oops!

That doesn't work for me. If I eat small meals all day long, I still want a big dinner. It's better if I fast all day, even if it means I'm hungry all day, because I ALWAYS want to eat later in the day.
If I eat a filling meal around 6 or 7, I might even make it to bedtime without snacking!
I have to wait until at least 8:30 pm on a DD before I have my main meal. This way by the time I clean up and get ready for bed I only have maybe an hour of "awake" time left on my DD.... If I didnt do this, I would never make it.

I started adding 1/4 cup of almond milk and a 5 calorie sweetener to my morning coffees, which helped alot. Also light grazing as Carly is doing.
So far this is working for DD. No more headaches.

I am so glad you guys are writing about your experiences, this has helped me and so many others as we begin.

-------
Mere
GrannyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

I can say for me that those horrible, dreadful, early on, DDs, are a thing of the past, but in the beginning (first 6 weeks) they were bad! Not really because of hunger, but because of crazy headaches, dizziness, queasiness and brain fog. I can't believe I stuck with it for 6 weeks of feeling like that now that I look back <---- that is litterally what I felt like by 2pm every DD. But... No more! I feel awsome on DDs now and really good on UDs too. Yesterday I willingly ate under 250 calories, 'cause it was enough! I was hungry when I woke up, but yay... it was an UD so I made pancakes with my leftover Atkins *flour*.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 07-08-2012, 06:00 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Glad you are loaded up on sirt enzymes and reaping some great benefits!

Do be aware that there have been instances where fasting on both UD's and DD's till later in the day has led to stalls and even gains. Seems for some, the extended fast (going from DD and then not eating till 3 pm on the next UD could give 40+ hours of restricted calories) may be too much stress on the body so that it doesn't pull out of the stress response when you eat again, even if you get all your calories in.
thanks for the warning! I usually just fast until 3pm on DD and 12pm on UD. I have dinner at 6pm on DD and eat lunch the next day at 12pm I am not sure how many hours are in between because I get confused with the calculations. Hopefully its under 36.

I love Juddd!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I can say for me that those horrible, dreadful, early on, DDs, are a thing of the past, but in the beginning (first 6 weeks) they were bad! Not really because of hunger, but because of crazy headaches, dizziness, queasiness and brain fog. I can't believe I stuck with it for 6 weeks of feeling like that now that I look back <---- that is litterally what I felt like by 2pm every DD. But... No more! I feel awsome on DDs now and really good on UDs too. Yesterday I willingly ate under 250 calories, 'cause it was enough! I was hungry when I woke up, but yay... it was an UD so I made pancakes with my leftover Atkins *flour*.
Carly: sounds like there was some healing going on in your body that had to take place before things settled down for you. I'm so sorry it took that long! I'm very proud of you for sticking it out. And look at you now! You are a shrinking woman! And your A1c numbers are better and all your bloodwork. It's just awesome!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Yam-Yam. You were one of the most influential JUDDD Buddds when I first started and I continue to learn from your information rich posts! I saw the magic working for you, Dawn, Cindy, Linda, Pat, Luna, Tanya, Sunday and others and just told myself to hang in there. I think it was a blind leap of faith. Sort of like those taken in our darkest moments when we know something has to work better than what we're doing, but just not sure what that somethng ought to be.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks Yam-Yam. You were one of the most influential JUDDD Buddds when I first started and I continue to learn from your information rich posts! I saw the magic working for you, Dawn, Cindy, Linda, Pat, Luna, Tanya, Sunday and others and just told myself to hang in there. I think it was a blind leap of faith. Sort of like those taken in our darkest moments when we know something has to work better than what we're doing, but just not sure what that somethng ought to be.
Awesome! So glad we found JUDD!!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

back at ya! Words can't express how happy I am o have found JUDDD and this forum.