Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Think I'll transition back to Atkins low-carb

Been doing JUDDD since Mar 26th. Lost 5-6# the first ten days. Not a single pound lost since. I've gotten comfortable with JUDDD. Down days are a little easier now. But they're not what I'd call "fun" by any stretch of the imagination. I sure don't look forward to them. And if I'm not going to lose on this, I might as well maintain on the plan I like best. For me, that's low-carb. I accept that I'm not sure my body will allow me to lose any more weight at all. Maybe I'm one of those that Gary Taubes in his last book said will NEVER get to their desired goal. Whether it's lowered thyroid funtion (mine is not); hormones (I've been on BHRT for over a year) or for whatever reasons, their bodies just won't allow them to go lower. I was hoping to get to 140-150. But I've been hanging at 157-160 for 9 straight weeks now. Lowering DD's didn't help; raising DD's didn't help; lowering UD's didn't help; raising UD's didn't help. I just maintain where I am. And I'm OK with that now. Disappointed, but at peace with it.

But JUDDD is certainly a "tool" I plan to keep in my toolbox, and will revisit JUDDD a couple times a year to see if it will yet again shake my metabolism up and allow me to drop a few MORE pounds. A girl can dream, non? You folks on this forum are the best support network and have done much to help me do this right. I plan to keep up with the DOWN DAY recipes thread, as many GOOD ones I will continue to fix, even on Atkins.

Last edited by buttoni; 07-06-2012 at 02:16 PM..
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
AWW.. I will continue to follow you and your food ideas on the low carb forum.. your still with us.. just on a differnt thread.. Glad you were here and tryed it,, and that you are goin to go back to what works for you Best of luck on those last stubborn pounds~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
You know what's best for you. We'll miss you here though!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #4

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Good luck with the change-up!

I knew a lady once who hopped from diet plan to diet plan... not because she failed at all of them really, but because she just got bored after awhile. You know how each plan has its rules... so she'd just go to the plan that appealed to her the most at the time.

Low carb let her enjoy heavy cream and butter and cheese and bacon, etc. All those lovely rich fatty foods that we get hungry for if we are denied them too much on a very low cal diet.

Then when she was just beside herself with the desire for fruit and bean soup and those foods that don't work into a low carb plan very well, she'd transition to some plan where they were allowed.

She got desserts on Weight Watchers (in fact, I think they were actually WW desserts)..

South Beach allowed toast with her eggs for breakfast.

You get the idea.

Hope your return to Atkins works well for you! Is there any reason you have decided not to just combine Atkins foods with the JUDDD calorie cycling plan?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
We will miss you. Perhaps after your hormones calm down your body will be ready to lose more weight. Good luck where ever you end up.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
We will look forward to you popping in now and then! I hope the hop over will cause more melting!

Pat, I think you may be talking about me. I have done a lot of hopping WW, Atkins, EFGT, South Beach, Paleo/PaNu to JUDDD. I will probably rest in PanNu, but JUDDD all the way.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Buttoni you do what you think is best. JUDDD, or some version thereof, is always an option for you. I will hold you in my thoughts.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/118-123
WOE: JUDDD
Buttoni- Best of luck to you!!! You have to do what feels right for your body. I see you are pretty close to your goal weight. It does slows down as you get closer. Maybe that's what you are experiencing?

I am currently taking a break from JUDD. I re-started Atkins last Monday. I did lose the same amount of weight on JUDD and Atkins but I am taking a break because I went over board on carbs and could not keep my calories in order. I do plan to come to JUDD once I get my cravings under complete control and will probably stay in higher calories range and stick with low carb.

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pat, ya made me laugh there. I think it's the intake cycling itself I just don't enjoy Pat. I still feel deprived on DD's and prefer even food intake daily. Actually I'm one to not hop from plan to plan. It took me stepping out of my norms to come try JUDDD. And I'm glad I did. I think I'm fighting the last-15#-syndrome, for sure. Went to the doc today for my next round of hormones today and both he and his nurse noticed the 10# loss from my last visit. That made me feel real good.

You guys know I'll be checking in on this forum from time to time to see how you guys are doing on your journeys. You've all been such a big help for my trialing JUDDD. And I'll be posting the occasional recipe here if I feel it is particularly well-suited to JUDDD. I've sure gotten some great DD recipes here from my JUDDD BUDS that I will continue to prepare, even doing Atkins low-carb.

Last edited by buttoni; 07-06-2012 at 07:18 PM..
Old 07-07-2012, 01:30 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Good luck, Buttoni! Glad you'll still be around.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:43 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
All the best Buttoni! Hope everything goes well for you
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Just now seeing this.

I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing you pop in here.

Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Just seeing this, too. I think if I could get down to where you're at, I'd be able to make peace with it. Like you, I lost the 8 lbs. shown in my siggy and keep bobbing up and down (mainly due to my recent surgery) but I seem to get stuck here no matter what plan I do. It's infuriating! I was hoping mixing Juddd with LC would be magic for me (last time I did Juddd, it was very much non-lc). I'm still going to keep Juddd'ing as the plan itself is so doable for me.

I hope you get back to losing on Atkins. Who knows, maybe your body needs the change up between the two if they don't work together. Hope you find what works for you!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #14

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
We will miss you Buttoni, I will always be looking at your great recipes!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cindy. I'll be around the forums. And I'll likely come back to JUDDD a couple times a year for a jolly good "shake up" of my metabolism. LOL It's nice to know now that I CAN do it.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amlyjo
Stats: 332/310/175
WOE: LC-HF-MP
Start Date: June 2013
I wanted to let you all know I am going to move over to Atkins Induction/moderate calories too. I have not lost on JUDDD, so while I think it's AWESOME for maintenance for me, I need something powerful for real weight loss. I have over 100 pounds to lose so I can't afford to keep jacking around with the same 2 pounds! I have tried to combine low carb and JUDDD and it's just too hard. 500 calories just makes me too light headed and sick on DDs. I just can't do it.

Love to you all in your journey! I hope to see you around!!

6/22/13 restart of NK
amlyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Good luck to you. Come by and visit!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #18
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Ya gotta do what works for you. Good luck with your chosen plans.
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlyjo View Post
I have not lost on JUDDD, so while I think it's AWESOME for maintenance for me, I need something powerful for real weight loss. I have over 100 pounds to lose so I can't afford to keep jacking around with the same 2 pounds!
I know exactly what you mean!!! Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlyjo View Post
I have tried to combine low carb and JUDDD and it's just too hard. 500 calories just makes me too light headed and sick on DDs. I just can't do it.
Did you ever try doing DDs at a different calorie level? Not trying to talk you into staying on JUDDD, just wondering. Because I am diabetic, I also do LC DDs (sometimes have carbs on UDs) but I usually do 35-50% (800-1200 calories).

My weight loss is slow, but my health is good on this WOE and I feel it's one I can live with forever!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
I learned on hcg that I had to shake things up or my weight loss ground to a halt right at the 10 day mark. I think my body just adapts. I'm about to try it with JUDDD too. I'm going to do 2 days in a row of fat-fasting. My method is to eat 1000-1500 calories of the highest fat, lowest carb, lowest protein diet I can manage. I do it 2 to 5 days in a row. I eat things like:

pecan halves dipped in garlic cream cheese
cream in coffee or diet root beer
spicy guacamole lettuce wraps
bacon ranch avocado salads
avocado based brownies I developed (but not my original idea)
low carb cheesecake with sf whipped cream
macadamia nuts
pecan ranch coleslaw
cinnamon pecans- cook in butter then stir in no calorie sweetener and cinnamon

Anyway, if you want to remain on JUDDD perhaps this would do it. But low carb is good too! It's all good! Whatever works, do it!
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:40 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 178/178/140...48 years old
Start Date: Start date: 11/17/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
Been doing JUDDD since Mar 26th. Lost 5-6# the first ten days. Not a single pound lost since. I've gotten comfortable with JUDDD. Down days are a little easier now. But they're not what I'd call "fun" by any stretch of the imagination. I sure don't look forward to them. And if I'm not going to lose on this, I might as well maintain on the plan I like best. For me, that's low-carb. I accept that I'm not sure my body will allow me to lose any more weight at all. Maybe I'm one of those that Gary Taubes in his last book said will NEVER get to their desired goal. Whether it's lowered thyroid funtion (mine is not); hormones (I've been on BHRT for over a year) or for whatever reasons, their bodies just won't allow them to go lower. I was hoping to get to 140-150. But I've been hanging at 157-160 for 9 straight weeks now. Lowering DD's didn't help; raising DD's didn't help; lowering UD's didn't help; raising UD's didn't help. I just maintain where I am. And I'm OK with that now. Disappointed, but at peace with it.

But JUDDD is certainly a "tool" I plan to keep in my toolbox, and will revisit JUDDD a couple times a year to see if it will yet again shake my metabolism up and allow me to drop a few MORE pounds. A girl can dream, non? You folks on this forum are the best support network and have done much to help me do this right. I plan to keep up with the DOWN DAY recipes thread, as many GOOD ones I will continue to fix, even on Atkins.
You KNOW I will miss you !! It's funny I maintain on low carb and have the same weight loss then nothing doing low carb that you have with JUDDD, I agree DDs are no picnic, I have to make sure I'm busy on those days, keeps my mind off food! PM me whenever you want, we should keep in touch!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, Becky, I'll no doubt revisit JUDDD a couple times a year. It DID work for me for a couple weeks, at least. I'm presently reading Jenny Ruhl's book Diet 101 that brings up a lot of points and reasons why low-carbers stall, but I haven't gotten to the meat of the book yet. I hope I gain some new perspectives when I'm done reading it.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Buttoni!

Your pup is adorable! I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions on PM? I am having some issues with BHRT and would love the links that you mentioned on another thread!

Thanks much!!!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sure, Sunday. That would be fine.