Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
We were there of 2 years in the mid 80s. I loved it but it was an education.

You old flatterer you, lol.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Peg of My Heart. That was Laugh In, right?
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
We were there of 2 years in the mid 80s. I loved it but it was an education.

You old flatterer you, lol.
You know I'm your biggest fan, right?? Did you or your DH work in India? What brought you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Peg of My Heart. That was Laugh In, right?
When I found that you tube link that I posted with Arte and I think it was Peter Sellers playing the other soldier? Anyway, all these other links also popped up with Goldie Hawn, Ruth Buzzie... I had myself a little Laugh In party and my, I laughed myself silly! Good times.

"One ringy-dingy"
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulsweigh View Post
I am experiencing hunger today .

Trying to work through it, thanks for posting Yam Yam.

TOM is here too, not fun!

This too shall pass
Was thinking of you and wondering if you got through it ok?
Old 07-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Yam...Don't ya just love this?....from...."Hunger is Not An Emergency"....to...."One ringy-dingy"!!!!!....Some days are just so much fun! I'll stop now!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hopefulsweigh
Stats: 155/149/139
Start Date: JUDDD restart - January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Was thinking of you and wondering if you got through it ok?
Thanks for asking Yam Yam. I ended up having extra coconut crack and that seemed to work!
Hopefulsweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulsweigh View Post
Thanks for asking Yam Yam. I ended up having extra coconut crack and that seemed to work!
Good deal! Glad it helped.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:13 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I live in America and I have seen hunger. (Not to lesson Kissa's comment about Inida at all. I can't even imagine witnessing that) It is still hard to believe that there are people going without food right in my little world. Working in an elementary school you see first hand Monday morning at breakfast the kids that are literally "hungry" arrive on the bus. They are the ones with perfect attendance and show up sick as dogs because we feed them. Friday at lunch, I just turned a blind side to the food being put into pockets for the weekend. (federal lunch guidelines say no food leaves the cafeteria).

Maybe that is why I can get through DD's with no problems. I just think of specific children I have watched over the years and I know I can do it every other day if they can do it every weekend while they were growing up. My church is the local food bank sponsor and I am a 100% backer for that program knowing first hand the need is dire.

OK. Back to the regularly scheduled program since you know my feelings on hunger.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I live in America and I have seen hunger. (Not to lesson Kissa's comment about Inida at all. I can't even imagine witnessing that) It is still hard to believe that there are people going without food right in my little world. Working in an elementary school you see first hand Monday morning at breakfast the kids that are literally "hungry" arrive on the bus. They are the ones with perfect attendance and show up sick as dogs because we feed them. Friday at lunch, I just turned a blind side to the food being put into pockets for the weekend. (federal lunch guidelines say no food leaves the cafeteria).

Maybe that is why I can get through DD's with no problems. I just think of specific children I have watched over the years and I know I can do it every other day if they can do it every weekend while they were growing up. My church is the local food bank sponsor and I am a 100% backer for that program knowing first hand the need is dire.

OK. Back to the regularly scheduled program since you know my feelings on hunger.
Adi: Thank you for posting such a thoughtful commentary. We are big supporters of our local foodbank here. It is so needed right in our own community. My DH got his company involved big time.

It really is hard to believe that in our own country where there is so much wealth and so much waste that children go to bed hungry.

And then think of the irony that some of us have too much food and struggle to not eat while others are struggling to be able to eat. Not right.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:

Adi, your post really resonates with me.

I've also known people who experienced regular, genuine hunger - both young and the elderly.

Way back when I was in high school before there was much public awareness of how many truly do go hungry, there was a program I participated in called, "Cans For Kids". My friends and I canvassed the neighborhood collecting cans of food that were then collected at the school and delivered to an organization that helped people. There really weren't any official food banks back then and little awareness of the problem (except maybe at Thanksgiving and Christmas) but the program made a huge impression on me as a young teenager. That was the start of my commitment to help hungry people who just might be my neighbor.

Bless your blind eye!

Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
I live in America and I have seen hunger.
Thanks for reminding us of this.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I apologize, because didn't mean to imply that she was lying, I guess I did not know if she could tell the difference between the two types of hunger?
Well, how can I blame you? I'm not sure I realized there were two kinds of hunger until this thread. This has been a real eye-opener for me too. I always thought that thin people must just have really high pain tolerance, or such great self-control that they could work through the pain.

Now I'm starting to wonder about those people who say, "Just use a little willpower." Maybe that's all it really ever takes for them!

I can use willpower to overcome cravings or being hungry. It takes a lot more grit to push through the physical pain, and usually I don't do it. Usually that pain defeats me. This WOE is really difficult because I seem to be spending at least part of every other day in real pain, but it's getting more manageable and I hope it's actually starting to heal whatever is wrong with me that makes it hurt.

Maybe some day all my down days will be normal!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
Well, how can I blame you? I'm not sure I realized there were two kinds of hunger until this thread. This has been a real eye-opener for me too. I always thought that thin people must just have really high pain tolerance, or such great self-control that they could work through the pain.

Now I'm starting to wonder about those people who say, "Just use a little willpower." Maybe that's all it really ever takes for them!

I can use willpower to overcome cravings or being hungry. It takes a lot more grit to push through the physical pain, and usually I don't do it. Usually that pain defeats me. This WOE is really difficult because I seem to be spending at least part of every other day in real pain, but it's getting more manageable and I hope it's actually starting to heal whatever is wrong with me that makes it hurt.

Maybe some day all my down days will be normal!
Steph, it is all new to me as well! For instance, I know that until I fasted EOD, I never really noticed or felt the difference? I have really started paying attention to the "Hunger Scale" since starting JUDDD and learning/researching about leptin. That feeling that you get when the hunger becomes sort of uncomfortable until you finally do eat is very important in fat loss. Or so the researchers believe. My danger time for mindless eating used to be late in the evening a couple of hours after dinner time. Before JUDDD, I sabotaged a great day of healthy eating when for some unknown reason I would snack out of pure boredom.

I am learning so much from JUDDD and I am so thankful.

I read a book by Robin Phipps Woodall, "Weight Loss Apocalypse" and she is basically teaching how important the "hunger scale" is for anyone who is wishing to arrive and maintain at a healthy weight. I had my lightbulb moment while watching this youtube, it is so helpful to me! Especially at the end when she actually weighs.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 07-10-2012 at 04:23 PM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Sunday- Thank you for posting that video- it was really intresting and thought provoking.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I posted the actual scale that she talks about on another thread, but it is good to post here as well.

Weight Loss Apocalypse speaks of waiting until you are between 3.5 to 4.5 to eat and to eat until sated which is a 6. If we wait too long, for instance anywhere 3.0 or below, this is when we tend to binge or overeat due to "urgency" in waiting too long. On the right side of the scale, it explains the self-control. Robin is also very firm in her belief that "no food" is our enemy. If we truly eat this way, we can eat anything because we will never overeat.

Google Image Result for http://healthiestregards.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/hunger-scale.jpg

For some reason, it is not allowing the image to be posted?

Last edited by sunday; 07-10-2012 at 07:01 PM..
Old 07-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Sunday- Thank you for posting that video- it was really intresting and thought provoking.
Carly,
I loved how she didn't even know that she lost the weight because she was just practicing the "hunger scale" and then when she weighed, she had lost 10 lbs! 10 lbs in 2 weeks, just eating to hunger. Pretty cool.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:14 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Decided to bump this up so I can find it easily.

If you have not read the first post and you are just starting out on JUDD, I recommend it. Hunger is very real on the first couple of weeks of DDs and for some, longer.

But it's not an emergency!!! I found another thread I haven't read yet by Sophiecat about hunger. Dang. just realize I lost it! I'm going to find it again and report back. But the idea seems to be from skimming it that feeling hunger now and then is a good thing.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 01-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

this is worth reading:

The Importance of Feeling Hunger on DD...
Old 01-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #49
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
It is so great seeing these threads bumped Yamster.

But it reminds of missing friends. Phyl hasn't dropped by for a while.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:26 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
I got to reading old threads and really liked this one...I had a hard and hungry DD yesterday and I wish I would have seen this then...thanks to all for posting in this thread

Kim
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:30 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
This was a good bump Kim! I have so many DD's where I'll have a brief moment of panic that I'm not eating and I'm hungry, or sometimes even before I'm hungry. And in those moments I remember this mantra. So helpful!
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Definitely a good bump! I've got my grand kids here for the week end. If I can get them busy doing something else besides running me ragged, I'll take time to re-read this!!
Old 07-26-2014, 05:50 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Bumping this for the benefit of who haven't seen the discussion of this JUDDD maxim.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:01 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: slimstuff
Yam-Yam, Thank you for the original post. I put off doing JUDDD because I hate beiing hungry. But now realize that I need to embrace it and not be afraid of it. We can learn so much about our bodies if we will just listen. I do not post alot but I have learned a great deal from reading all the post written here in this JUDDD forum and am appriciative of all who give advice and support. I look forward to being successful in losing and then maintaining my weight with JUDDD.
slimstuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:53 AM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Hi Slimstuff! I hope you will give it a try. It's a miraculous way to live. It doesn't sound like it when you haven't tried it, but after adjusting, it's like nothing else. Good luck!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote