Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Ya Gotta Love it!

Yesterday was a great DD for me. I did a water fast all day with no problem and when I cooked dinner (grilled chicken, etc) I served DH and put my portion in the fridge 'cos I was on a fasting roll.

About 8 p.m. I was seriously hungry. I measured everything out, added up the calories and it was 440. Fine.

Half an hour later I was putting leftovers in the fridge and found, OH NO! Three bite sized snickers bars!!! I think my grand daughter must have put them in there and forgot about them at Easter time. They were in the back of the lunch meat drawer. How did I miss seeing those?

I didn't know how many calories were in them, didn't even try to look it up. I just sat down, ate, and thoroughly enjoyed each one thinking I was probably wrecking all the good I had done.

Low and behold! I got on the scale this morning and I was down -2.4 pounds from yesterday morning!! This takes me to a new low.

This morning I looked up the calories for bit sized snickers. Not a bad investment at 42 calories each. And still, 560 for a total intake on a DD is not bad!

Who knew? I can eat snickers at bed time and lose??? Good thing there were only 3 of them.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
That is like such a cool story to tell, it sure feels good to know that life and food can be enjoyed with out the stress .. And to be rewarded with your faith in JUDDD a nice loss with a new low!~ WOOHOO you are rounding the corner gal..i can see your finish line.. run for the border with that snickers in your hand~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
What other plan can you lose on while eating Snickers?! And on a DD too!

At work, we have a tub of Tootsie Rolls on the counter for clients. Every once in a while I'll have one on a DD. They're only 35 calories each and they aren't even the tiny ones.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/159/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Ha, nice going!

I had a very similar DD yesterday. Got really hungry at 9pm, ate some chicken pot pie, then spied the cookies I'd made the day before. Ate two. Scale was kind this morning. I freakin' love this WOE.
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cynthm
Stats: 5'7". 165/151.8/135
WOE: JUDDD/HCG
Start Date: 06/24/2012 JUDDD; 7/30/12 HCG
That's awesome, YamYam! Makes you feel like nothing is off limits, even on a DD. I did the same thing last night: kept to my 550 cals until 9pm, then red wine was calling me, so I caved and had a glass. And a chocolate covered macadamia nut! This morning, I'm down 2.7 pounds from Thursday!! Woohoo! I know it's water weight whoosh from the DD, but that would NEVER happen when I was on low carb. I'm still new to this, but learning to love JUDDD.
cynthm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
"Snickering" here in Missouri! Wish I had a granddaughter who accidentally left some candy treats in my lunchmeat drawer. I had to settle for a sf popsicle for my sweet fix.

Forgot to add: Congrats on the big loss! You are a huuuge reason I'm JUDDDing.
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Congrats on the new low, Yam Yam, and on food freedom! You're getting soooooo close to goal!!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Yay for you YAm Yam. Yum candy bars, don't you just love the baby sized ones?
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Yam...that is a whoosh in MY book!!!.....So....the whoosh fairy is alive and well??? Those are the days that super-charge us to keep on keeping on too!!! Another reason we LOVE this WOE! Right?

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
That is like such a cool story to tell, it sure feels good to know that life and food can be enjoyed with out the stress .. And to be rewarded with your faith in JUDDD a nice loss with a new low!~ WOOHOO you are rounding the corner gal..i can see your finish line.. run for the border with that snickers in your hand~
Kimberly: I seriously believe that part of the reason JUDD works so well for me is that it cuts out a lot of stress. I love that last sentence about my run for the border with a snickers! You really made me laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
What other plan can you lose on while eating Snickers?! And on a DD too!

At work, we have a tub of Tootsie Rolls on the counter for clients. Every once in a while I'll have one on a DD. They're only 35 calories each and they aren't even the tiny ones.
I know! It feels to good to be true. I like your siggy about the "get out of jail free" cards. ...mmmmm Tootsie Rolls....I love those. Better put it on my shopping list for the next UD. ....Or maybe I'll buy a small bag of Snickers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
Ha, nice going!

I had a very similar DD yesterday. Got really hungry at 9pm, ate some chicken pot pie, then spied the cookies I'd made the day before. Ate two. Scale was kind this morning. I freakin' love this WOE.
Me too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthm View Post
That's awesome, YamYam! Makes you feel like nothing is off limits, even on a DD. I did the same thing last night: kept to my 550 cals until 9pm, then red wine was calling me, so I caved and had a glass. And a chocolate covered macadamia nut! This morning, I'm down 2.7 pounds from Thursday!! Woohoo! I know it's water weight whoosh from the DD, but that would NEVER happen when I was on low carb. I'm still new to this, but learning to love JUDDD.
Wooo-Hoooo! Congrats on that whoosh! I know! Nothing is off limits and that is unreal. Like you, if I would have caved and had Snickers bars, even one, the scale would have been up the next morning. I know it. It's because on LC I didn't count calories or have DDs and anything like that made me stall or gain. Then I'd get frustrated and quit. This is waaaaay better. JUDD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberino View Post
"Snickering" here in Missouri! Wish I had a granddaughter who accidentally left some candy treats in my lunchmeat drawer. I had to settle for a sf popsicle for my sweet fix.

Forgot to add: Congrats on the big loss! You are a huuuge reason I'm JUDDDing.
on the first part and on the last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Congrats on the new low, Yam Yam, and on food freedom! You're getting soooooo close to goal!!
Thanks. It feels so good. Of course, when I get there I will probably choose to lose some more. But first, when I get to my 180 I'm going to go on maintenance calories for a while and I'll really feel like I'm living it up. I know I feel good and look good at 180, but if my body wants to lose more I'm gonna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
Yay for you YAm Yam. Yum candy bars, don't you just love the baby sized ones?
I absolutely do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Yam...that is a whoosh in MY book!!!.....So....the whoosh fairy is alive and well??? Those are the days that super-charge us to keep on keeping on too!!! Another reason we LOVE this WOE! Right?

Phyl
Phyl: You got that right, Sweetie. Every now and then when someone lets me borrow the whoosh fairy, I'm ready to re-commit and knuckle down. More so because this is all so enjoyable.

And, you know what? It's so fun to come here and have all my BUDDs to celebrate with. What would I do without you? You are all a big part of why this is working for me.

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 07-06-2012 at 10:40 PM..
Old 07-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Kimberly....what you said was hilarious!!! I can just picture all of us running past the finish line, arms in the air, with a bag of cabbage in one hand, and our favorite candy bar in the other!!!

Lovin all my funny JUDDD BUDDS!!!!, Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Kimberly....what you said was hilarious!!! I can just picture all of us running past the finish line, arms in the air, with a bag of cabbage in one hand, and our favorite candy bar in the other!!!

picturing the cabbage
Old 07-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Woo Hoo for Yam-Yam!

Seriously LMBO at all of the wise cracks here!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
I need a grand kid who leaves three Barbie Snickers in my fridge. It's the full bag that creates trouble for me, still. Congrats, YamYam. You have SO earned this.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:

I'm a very visual person and the image in my head is awesome!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote