Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   A Milestone! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/777212-milestone.html)

NoWeigh 07-05-2012 10:35 AM

A Milestone!

I’ve lost 50 pounds since January!

To celebrate this milestone I’ve decided to roll my first 14.8 pound loss into my weight-loss ticker. From January through March, I ate a low calorie/lowish carb diet. I averaged just barely over a pound a week, for a total of 14.8 pounds lost over 90 days. :confused: Then I found this board and was convinced to give JUDDD a try despite my initial fears about eating so many calories. I ate...and ate everything, all kinds of foods, yet I dropped 15 pounds in the first 30 days! :eek: Without a doubt, for me JUDDD is Magic! :)

My ticker now displays not only the 35.7 pounds that I have lost doing JUDDD since April 1st; it also includes my LC/LC loss at the beginning of the year, displaying my total weight loss so far in 2012.

Now I feel integrated…and lighter! :)

KeirasMom 07-05-2012 10:52 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Awesome milestone! Congratulations! I also count my first six weeks' loss with Atkins in my total. You earned them, by all means count them!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

sterlinggirl 07-05-2012 11:11 AM

:jumpjoy: By all means YES include them in your ticker,, You have done an awsome job~ :hugs: :congrats: on 50 big ones woo hoo WOW

sungoddess 07-05-2012 11:14 AM

I have been so impressed with how fast you have lost your weight. That is an unbelievable rate of loss!! Congratulations on your diligence. This is a fantastic milestone. :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Babsbabs 07-05-2012 11:21 AM

Fantastic!:jumpjoy: I agree you should be including both numbers as you did lose every one of those pounds. You must feel great! I am very happy for you!:)

mykidsteacher 07-05-2012 11:40 AM

Wonderful! You have done amazing things this year, and you absolutely should put every single pound in your ticker. KUTGW!

NoWeigh 07-05-2012 11:43 AM

Rate of loss…hmmm.

While eating LC/LC daily averages worked out to be 0.164 pounds per day :dunno:

Days of eating JUDDD, I'm averaging .379 pounds per day :up:

My next goal:
Someone notices! OMG, no one seems to notice that 50 pounds of me is missing! :(

Yam-Yam 07-05-2012 11:43 AM

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: So happy to read this!!! Love your ticker and yes, absolutely include the results of ALL your hard work! I do!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

gello5440 07-05-2012 12:05 PM

Really wonderful milestone. Sincere congratulations. ( And I love the pug in your avi!)

sterlinggirl 07-05-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoWeigh (Post 15777123)
Rate of loss…hmmm.

While eating LC/LC daily averages worked out to be 0.164 pounds per day :dunno:

Days of eating JUDDD, I'm averaging .379 pounds per day :up:

My next goal:
Someone notices! OMG, no one seems to notice that 50 pounds of me is missing! :(

Try on some differnt clothes!! If i wear my same stuff from 43 pounds ago.. no one says a thing.. how ever iif i put on somthing that shows my figure(which i hate) wow do there tounges wag!.. All you need is one or two items for now just to feel better.. and then throw them away a few months from now when THEY are to big~ :heart:

KeirasMom 07-05-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 15777325)
Try on some differnt clothes!! If i wear my same stuff from 43 pounds ago.. no one says a thing.. how ever iif i put on somthing that shows my figure(which i hate) wow do there tounges wag!.. All you need is one or two items for now just to feel better.. and then throw them away a few months from now when THEY are to big~ :heart:

I absolutely agree with this. Whenever I wear something that actually fits, I get lots of compliments. When I'm wearing my baggy clothes, nobody notices. Either that, or they don't want to comment on the new baglady chic ensemble for fear of offending me. :laugh:

sunday 07-05-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15777348)
I absolutely agree with this. Whenever I wear something that actually fits, I get lots of compliments. When I'm wearing my baggy clothes, nobody notices. Either that, or they don't want to comment on the new baglady chic ensemble for fear of offending me. :laugh:

:lol: love this!

Congrats on your 50 MILESTONE!!! :jumpjoy: :high5: :sing:

vanilla_latte 07-05-2012 01:13 PM

:kicking: :jumpjoy: :clap:

That's awesome! I'm always so impressed when I see that ticker of yours!

NoWeigh 07-05-2012 01:23 PM

Thanks everyone for the congrats...:)

Kimberly, Dawn,

Maybe there is something to the clothes, but I hate buying clothes -- it's still depressing. Yesterday, this is terribly embarrassing :o however I'm going to tell it anyway...I was looking at a house/real estate with hubby. We were walking through the back yard and my underpants suddenly fell down to my thighs! Thank God we were alone and that I had pants on or the underwear might have made it all the way to the ground! :eek: I honestly hope that is caused by being too big (the underpants). I've never had anything like that happen before, nor could I have imagined it! AND I won't be telling this story elsewhere!:o

Yam-Yam 07-05-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoWeigh (Post 15777426)

Kimberly, Dawn,

Maybe there is something to the clothes, but I hate buying clothes -- it's still depressing. Yesterday, this is terribly embarrassing :o however I'm going to tell it anyway...I was looking at a house/real estate with hubby. We were walking through the back yard and my underpants suddenly fell down to my thighs! Thank God we were alone and that I had pants on or the underwear might have made it all the way to the ground! :eek: I honestly hope that is caused by being too big (the underpants). I've never had anything like that happen before, nor could I have imagined it! AND I won't be telling this story elsewhere!:o

I think you should tell it on the NSV thread!!! It's a lovely story and yes, it's because you've lost FIFTY POUNDS!!! Now, go buy some smaller undies.:hyst:

sterlinggirl 07-05-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Kimberly, Dawn,

:hyst::hyst::eek::rofl: omg goodness~ i for one am happy you shared this.. i soo needed a good belly chuckle~

circusgirl 07-05-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Kimberly, Dawn,

OMG, that is HILARIOUS! Way to go on your loss, it's so inspiring! :jumpjoy:

sophiethecat 07-05-2012 03:11 PM

:jumpjoy: WTG, NW! :high5: Wonderful losses - so happy for you! :jumpjoy: :hugs: And you've now joined the elite ranks of a number of JUDDD buds who've experienced the pants-on-the-ground phenomena! (underpants, outerpants, any of it) :laugh: As I recall, for a while there were numerous reports of it on the NSV thread, so much that I almost penned a song about it. :laugh: You're doing great, congrats on all your success so far. KUTGW, my pal! :high5:

Jbinme 07-05-2012 03:12 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: congrats on your milestone!

sorenkkg 07-05-2012 03:21 PM

:kicking::kicking::kicking: WTG!!! Congrats on the wonderful losses, including your undies :hyst: !!!

Onward and downward! :D
Soren

Erika1962 07-05-2012 03:43 PM

Congratulations on this fantastic milestone!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

amlyjo 07-05-2012 04:21 PM

:jumpjoy::clap::up::sing::notwrthy:

NoWeigh, this is simply a.w.e.s.o.m.e. I love seeing that big number on your ticker!!!

I am working hard to find the sweet spot that gets me to numbers like yours!

:hugs:

Oh, pull your pants up, will ya??:hyst:

krow134 07-05-2012 07:40 PM

WTG!!!!!!!! That is totally awesome and something to be soooooooooo very proud of!!!!!

cactusrose63 07-05-2012 08:04 PM

NoWeigh...soon to be No Weight! Sooooo happy for you!

Don't worry about clothes shopping in the regular stores and spending all those $$$$$$$. Try a Goodwill or other resale shop. So many cute things out there for so little money. I say ENJOY your new silhouette for the summer, then buy a few new faves in the fall. You will feel even better about your accomplishments in some "new" clothes. Donate the clothes you have shrunken out of, you are never going to need them again after all!!

Carly 07-05-2012 08:10 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:
That's awesome!

mykidsteacher 07-05-2012 08:15 PM

Def do some thrift store shopping to get a few things that fit and make you feel great. People WILL notice. But maybe go for new on the undies. ROFLOL.

Puts a whole new twist on pants on the ground, huh?

NoWeigh 07-05-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykidsteacher (Post 15778502)
...But maybe go for new on the undies. ROFLOL.

Puts a whole new twist on pants on the ground, huh?

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

I can't believe I even told that story!
:laugh:

Hopefulsweigh 07-05-2012 09:29 PM

A 50 pound loss in 6 months!

You are incredible!
:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

gotsomeold 07-06-2012 06:00 AM

New underpants seem to make a huge difference in how clothing fits.

But, in your case dear, I suggest a trip to Goodwill. The psychology of wearing 'new', smaller clothes is amazing. People notice. You notice. Of course, you don't want to spend much on clothes that are soon going to be too large.

vanilla_latte 07-06-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15777489)
I think you should tell it on the NSV thread!!! It's a lovely story and yes, it's because you've lost FIFTY POUNDS!!! Now, go buy some smaller undies.:hyst:

:goodpost: :jumpjoy: :clap: :up: