Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
Weighing less after up days...

I know it happens to many, but I thought it was a fluke. For me, it's a serious trend.

I'm still not really losing very much with this WOE. I started JUDDD in late April I believe at 185.9 and this morning I was 186. I am eating carbs again, so that's something! I'm not complaining, just giving a frame of reference.

But it's getting very consistent to see lower numbers on the scale after an UD. Yesterday after an UD I was 184.9. Then I have a good DD, ate a bit more than usual for the fourth, but my numbers were still under control. I used a higher percentage, but stuck to it.

IF this was the first time it happened, or it happened every once in a while randomly I'd think nothing of it. But this is WEIRD! Anyone else experience this?

And just to clarify, I'm not worried or concerned, just baffled!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Yes, it is true quite often for me as well.
Even before doing JUDDD, I noticed this phenomenon. The scale always reflects the 2nd day, not the day after what you ate. So, this being the case, then we should see better losses after an UD. I notice this more with friends or family who are doing Hcg, when one is on VLCD continuous days. My bff just did a round of hcg and when she had a special event where she clearly ate off protocol, she reported that she did not gain the next day, but the 2nd day she was up 1 lb.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I'm all over the board. Up after a DD, down after an UD, vice versa, and sometimes as much as a week with the exact same weight. I'm currently on day 5 of 207.6 -- that's right, even the .6 hasn't moved. Our bodies are certainly wildly inconsistent, even in their consistency.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Circusgirl, As to why you are losing slowly, I am not sure? I lose very slow as well, but I have had quite a few medical things going on. One is my thyroid medicine was adjusted to double the dose and also, I began BHRT and found out that it causes weight gain the 1st month.

So, what most of us have to do to get the losses moving is to adjust our numbers just a bit down on UD.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn, I have had a few weeks of the scale just barely moving in either direction. I don't get this at all.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Circusgirl, As to why you are losing slowly, I am not sure? I lose very slow as well, but I have had quite a few medical things going on. One is my thyroid medicine was adjusted to double the dose and also, I began BHRT and found out that it causes weight gain the 1st month.

So, what most of us have to do to get the losses moving is to adjust our numbers just a bit down on UD.
Probably true. I came here off HCG so I still think my body is regrouping. I'm not worried about the slow losses, since I have all the other JUDDD benefits.

I'm not willing to adjust my calories just yet. IN fact, it seems if I up my cals, that's when I tend to drop. Since I upped my cals yesterday for the holiday, I'm guessing I'll see a new low tomorrow.

I'm uncomfortable eating at 30% so dropping just isn't an option at this point, but thank you! If I get really frustrated at the lack of losses I may revisit. Until then, I'm just lovin' the ride.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I've been wondering how things are going for you. Our bodies are so funny sometimes. Totally unpredictable as well. I am glad you are seeing something happening though. Hoping the weight loss kicks in good for you soon.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Thank you! I'm still around and all is well. There's just not much to report that I haven't already.