Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Oh dear, I'm so so so sorry for you. I'm also proud at you that you kept doing it for so long! I would have quit after 2 months.
I'm on hcg now and it is really a great thing. The hardest part is just to not gain, the weight you have lost, back. This was always my problem...
Maybe a raw food juice cleanse could help you as well.

I really hope you will find your way, and wish you only the best!!!
Biiiiig hug!
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by circusgirl View Post
Sunday-I've never heard of it! I will have to see if I can hunt down a copy. I googled around and it looks interesting.
If you get a chance look at the reviews on Amazon! Her hypothesis about the protocol is quite interesting.

Woodall takes up where Dr. Simeons didn't get to go with the study. I believe had he lived longer, he may have had a chance to further research the hypothalamus as it relates to the hormone leptin.

She has researched and studied this protocol with thousands of patients working in correlation with a weight loss doctor's clinic and has me convinced that the "hunger scale" is very valuable in doing this with the optimal results. I wish sincerely that I had read her book before I did the protocol!!!
Woodall explains that she believes that during the protocol, this hormonal manipulation of the hypothalamus in addition to the very low calorie diet release the abnormal stored fat and demonstrates how the level of leptin in the blood stream sends signals as to satiety or hunger in an intricate interaction among hypothalamus and thyroid and the source of energy being utilized. As she states, "As blood leptin levels rise, and leptin increases in the brain, the hunger center of the brain deactivates, communicating to the conscious mind you have adequate fuel, and diminishing the urgency to eat. On the other hand, if leptin levels decline, the same hunger center senses a decline in food, and activates and communicates to the conscious mind an increased urgency to eat." In simple terms, "If you're not hungry, your leptin levels are elevated, and your body is using stored fat as energy. If physical hunger increases, and the urge to eat is felt, then leptin levels are dropping, fat is insufficiently fueling the body, and the need for food is higher."

Here is her youtube channel.
WeightLossApocalypse - YouTube

Hope you enjoy this as I have, I am still reading her blog! Can't get enough.

I ordered the book solely from watching her youtube videos!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
Interesting. I have now done a few clinical grand rounds specifically on the diet. Doctors are pooling some really fantastic information. The protocol is so much more than just a weight loss diet. That's why I'm such an advocate.

The only problem is that so many do it on their own and don't understand how to tweak it when necessary. I really believe that's why some people have a hard time.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Interesting. I have now done a few clinical grand rounds specifically on the diet. Doctors are pooling some really fantastic information. The protocol is so much more than just a weight loss diet. That's why I'm such an advocate.

The only problem is that so many do it on their own and don't understand how to tweak it when necessary. I really believe that's why some people have a hard time.
Exactly! It could work against them if they don't understand how important it is to do this as it is written.

I just watched her brand new video on Leptin Resistance and it is very interesting! She answers her facebook group, if you want to join and send her questions.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:

I love this post!! You have to do protocol exactly as written for it to work. It does work, but you have to work it
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
She answers her facebook group, if you want to join and send her questions.
I joined as well. Love that she is available to answer questions.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CaTriGirl
WOE: hhcg
I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. Wow you have really given it your all. I can completely understand. I tried everything as well, you name it!

The only thing that worked for me was hcg. I did it 2 yrs ago and lost nearly 30 lbs! I started training for an Ironman this year and gained 20 back!! Who GAINS eating clean and training 20 hrs a week??? Ugh!!!

I just lost those 20 lbs and will be JUDDDing to maintain. I mention this as others have as maybe an option for you. My hormones are all messed up and I never thought anything would work. Hcg is a miracle, it really is. I highly recommend watching every video you can on Robin Woodall and purchasing her book. You can download it on Amazon. Great info!!
CaTriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #38

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Sweetie, I don't know if you're still reading, but something occurred to me today as I was thinking about you.

Have you ever tried an elimination diet? I have a friend who found out a few years ago that she was allergic to corn (corn is in practically everything!). She did an elimination diet, eliminating all allergen triggers from her diet and gradually adding things back in until she got a reaction. I don't know a ton about this, but I'm sure googling would help in the how-to part of this.

Once she eliminated all corn products from her diet, she lost over 50 pounds. Some of it was probably eating healthier, but most of it was from the inflammation and aggravation that her body was experiencing due to the constant exposure to her allergen.

Since you've JUDDDed for seven months and lost nothing, I'm wondering if there is something going on that is not calorie-related. I know you said you've seen your physician, but just wondering whether you've tried anything like this.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Sweetie, I don't know if you're still reading, but something occurred to me today as I was thinking about you.

Have you ever tried an elimination diet? I have a friend who found out a few years ago that she was allergic to corn (corn is in practically everything!). She did an elimination diet, eliminating all allergen triggers from her diet and gradually adding things back in until she got a reaction. I don't know a ton about this, but I'm sure googling would help in the how-to part of this.

Once she eliminated all corn products from her diet, she lost over 50 pounds. Some of it was probably eating healthier, but most of it was from the inflammation and aggravation that her body was experiencing due to the constant exposure to her allergen.

Since you've JUDDDed for seven months and lost nothing, I'm wondering if there is something going on that is not calorie-related. I know you said you've seen your physician, but just wondering whether you've tried anything like this.

I always hesitate to say this, but I agree 100%. Gluten, dairy, soy and corn seem to be the biggest for triggering inflammation. There are others too, but the vast majority of people that DO have a problem have issues with one of these four.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
Quote:
I always hesitate to say this, but I agree 100%. Gluten, dairy, soy and corn seem to be the biggest for triggering inflammation. There are others too, but the vast majority of people that DO have a problem have issues with one of these four.
Actually I have tried this. I quit eating wheat products because I found them irritable, then I went to Atkins. I have always kept my wheat intake to a minimum. I don't eat high carb at all. I never eat sugar. But I lost a ton of weight on Nutrisystem and there are tons of wheat products in their food. If wheat allergy was stopping me from losing, wouldn't I not have lost on Nutrisystem? But yes I have done elimination before and wheat was something the naturopath told me to give up. I don't eat it much now but I do from time to time.
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

P.S. You guys are the best! So kind and supportive to everyone. It's a wonder why I don't want to give up JUDDD!
Old 07-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
P.S. You guys are the best! So kind and supportive to everyone. It's a wonder why I don't want to give up JUDDD!
We love you and can all relate to the frustration. Is there any possibility that with all the working out and you being 5'7" tall your body just wants to be this weight at this age? Also, do have someone measure you for height.

A number of years ago I went to a WW meeting and the leader asked me how tall I was. I told her and she said, no, you look taller than that. She measured me and I was a whole inch taller than I thought I was!

Guess I had not been measured for height since I was about 17 years old and I just did not think I had grown!

How happy I was to find out I was already in my healthy range at that time. At the low end of it too! And there I was knocking myself out to lose and scratching my head about why I couldn't.

I did managed to lose the required 5 pounds and maintain it so I could become a life time member. That was actually fun because I didn't feel any pressure.

Stress has a lot to do with our body hanging on to unwanted weight. Some people find when they just relax about it for a while things take care of themselves.

Are you happy with your clothing size? With your measurements? Or are you looking to lose more inches, too?

I hope you find answers and find a way to reach your goal, be satisfied and not have to suffer.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #44

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I second the rec. to have someone measure you. I was in my late 20's and had a back injury. I had to get measured at the chiropractor. Imagine my surprise when I was a full inch taller than I thought I was, and I wasn't even able to stand completely erect! I always thought I was just shy of 5'9" and then found out I'm 5'10".

It can make a difference in how much you "should" weigh.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Just popping in with some

There are a couple things that I wonder if you have looked into--
1) Jack Kruse's "Leptin Rx"
2) adrenal exhaustion (I think it's called), since your doc mentioned that skipping meals is "bad".
(btw, there is SO much research on IF (intermittent fasting) which shows that skipping meals is not bad...in general. But I'm sure in some situations it is.)

Okay, I found the post (from mykidsteacher) that reminded me about the fasting/adrenals thing:
June Daily Chat Thread - Come on in!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
I'm assuming it's a nod to the Danish philosopher?
Yep, Soren is my real name, and I was named for the philosopher
KKG was my sorority, so I figured, I've got to be the only one!
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Skinjob

Even at 5' 7" you are at the perfect weight for your height. According to the http://commonsensehealth.com/Womens-...r_Women.shtml/

I am definitely not there yet, but am wondering the same as the others? Could this be that your body is rebelling at being pushed to go lower?
Most endos will tell you that we sometimes will stop losing weight at that point of being the "perfect weight" for our body.

Last edited by sunday; 07-11-2012 at 10:21 AM..
Old 07-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
to Skinjob.
Well, I am also 5'7" and I weigh 153 this morning and I still have a lot of visible fat and am 30 years older than skinjob so I don't think she is probably any happier at 153 than I am.

BUT I have to agree with PJ about leptin. I am reading Mastering Leptin AGAIN since I keep forgetting what I am supposed to be doing. I read too much and get confused from all of the different views and suggestions I suppose.

The chapter I read last night really sounded just like many of the posts I have read. Night eating, craving food etc. My book only has 5 rules to follow and I have been following most for quite awhile now. Of course I can't remember all of them now BUT here is what I do.
Do not eat at night. I quit at 7. People with Leptin issue or adrenal fatigue can't do this according to my book.
Allow 11-12 hours between dinner and breakfast. I barely make the 11 hours since I get up early.
Eat a high protein breakfast. Don't skip it. Eggs are my go to breakfast.
There is a rule about carbs and I am working on this one since I have an addiction to Bluebell ice cream.

I was doing Atkins 72 and losing nothing before JUDDD. I started JUDDD and following the Mastering Leptin rules about the same time so I can't really tell which has made the weigtloss happen. Both probably.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #49

Quote:
You too It has to be frustrating to be doing everything right and not getting the results you want. You could have just up and left and we would have never have known where you went. I am so glad that this forum is so open to different views, different ways of eating so we can bounce ideas off each other!! Best of luck to you on your journey!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
I'm in my 30s and I'm 5'7". I now work out 5 times a week doing pretty heavy duty boot camp style stuff for about 40 minutes. I give my body a break on the weekend. I've added this because a lot of you suggested exercise would get things moving. I have gained 5 lbs since I started.

As for taking 2 weeks off, I did that already in June. It didn't seem to make a difference.

When I went to my doctor I told him about JUDDD and he said the reason I am not losing weight is because I am destroying my metabolism by not eating all day or skipping meals, which I do every DD. He says skipping meals is the worst thing we can do. But so many of you do it. Some of you don't even eat at all on DDs!!!

I'm trying so hard and being so good. Something has to give, doesn't it?

Thank you all for the support. It's crazy, I was told that the 5lb weight gain was temporary due to working out and it came off slowly during the third week but in one day, overnight, just came back. So derailing.
So sorry things haven't worked well for you yet! I admire your persistence, and I believe you will get it worked out.

Just responding to a few things in your post... I also gain weight when I work out. And I'm talking just some gentle rebounding and a few shake-weight exercises and pushups, and from that little bit, I can tell a difference in weight. You're doing pretty hard stuff, so that will cause the "weight gain" due to the muscles building and the fluids used to deal with tearing down/building up of muscles. But new muscle will also weigh a little more, as you know. How are you feeling about your muscle tone - inches on the tape measure - clothes fitting, that kind of thing? Are you feeling better overall since you started exercising?

I was one who didn't exercise and lost weight anyway. Exercise didn't make it go any faster or better - it all had to do with the foods or way I was eating, I guess. But I decided I wasn't helping myself by being sedentary so I started a simple routine. Things are all out of sorts for me this month though with changes in medication, another big diet change, etc. and so I don't know where I'll land when the dust clears.

We are close to age and height, and as I recall, I lost well keeping my UD calories between 1700 - 1800. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case it helped. My DD numbers were anywhere between 550 - 750 in WLM.

I never fasted the whole DD. I admire anyone who can do that, but for me I never saw it as necessary or helpful or even good for me. I guess it just had to do with my individual makeup, but.... no fasting for me. I think the stress response is too strong and too harsh in some people to go too low in calories (let alone a complete fast) and doesn't work with their systems. I'm one of them. So don't feel you must skip meals completely or fast when it might work better for you to have low cal foods spread out throughout the day instead. Or a few decent-calorie meals over the day. In maintenance, I eat up to 900 calories if I'm doing a DD. I don't count veggies (except starches) and most fruits, so that has helped me get in a lot more food without worry about calories.

In WLM and in maintenance, I often am on MUDDD (and other IF), and that let me lose weight and maintain losses. It is easier than JUDDD but I've had the same benefits, and as I said, much easier. Another ymmv thing I'm sure, but wanted to remind you of that other option.

I hate to see you trying so hard with what appears so little result for you, that I wanted to pop in here and give some things that helped me and also encouragement! If I think of more, I'll be back.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 07-11-2012 at 12:17 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
So sorry things haven't worked well for you yet! I admire your persistence, and I believe you will get it worked out.

Just responding to a few things in your post... I also gain weight when I work out. And I'm talking just some gentle rebounding and a few shake-weight exercises and pushups, and from that little bit, I can tell a difference in weight. You're doing pretty hard stuff, so that will cause the "weight gain" due to the muscles building and the fluids used to deal with tearing down/building up of muscles. But new muscle will also weigh a little more, as you know. How are you feeling about your muscle tone - inches on the tape measure - clothes fitting, that kind of thing? Are you feeling better overall since you started exercising?

I was one who didn't exercise and lost weight anyway. Exercise didn't make it go any faster or better - it all had to do with the foods or way I was eating, I guess. But I decided I wasn't helping myself by being sedentary so I started a simple routine. Things are all out of sorts for me this month though with changes in medication, another big diet change, etc. and so I don't know where I'll land when the dust clears.

We are close to age and height, and as I recall, I lost well keeping my UD calories between 1700 - 1800. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case it helped. My DD numbers were anywhere between 550 - 750 in WLM.

I never fasted the whole DD. I admire anyone who can do that, but for me I never saw it as necessary or helpful or even good for me. I guess it just had to do with my individual makeup, but.... no fasting for me. I think the stress response is too strong and too harsh in some people to go too low in calories (let alone a complete fast) and doesn't work with their systems. I'm one of them. So don't feel you must skip meals completely or fast when it might work better for you to have low cal foods spread out throughout the day instead. Or a few decent-calorie meals over the day. In maintenance, I eat up to 900 calories if I'm doing a DD. I don't count veggies (except starches) and most fruits, so that has helped me get in a lot more food without worry about calories.

In WLM and in maintenance, I often am on MUDDD (and other IF), and that let me lose weight and maintain losses. It is easier than JUDDD but I've had the same benefits, and as I said, much easier. Another ymmv thing I'm sure, but wanted to remind you of that other option.

I hate to see you trying so hard with what appears so little result for you, that I wanted to pop in here and give some things that helped me and also encouragement! If I think of more, I'll be back.
Great ideas! Especially MUDDD due to the fact that she is working out pretty intensively. I am amazed at all of the folks that have the same UD numbers! I guess in my mind, I assumed many of us would not have as high of numbers.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, I'll look into MUDDD!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post

I'm one that works out a lot and deals with water weight and muscle weight gains. To be honest, I would rather have that than losing weight with no working out. I'm really happy with the changes to my body with gaining muscle and I like that muscle burns more calories when resting, so I'll be able to eat more without repercussions. I also like that I *feel* healthier and happier when I'm working out regularly. It is something that soothes my soul.

I'm still actively looking for a way of eating that works for me. That includes not only what I feel best on, but including foods that I like to eat. It is all trial and error. I'm not losing right now, but I'm not gaining, so I'm ok for now. I like JUDDD because I notice that when I have two UDs in a row or even three, I feel like I need the DD "break" from food. The break is welcome and I feel better while doing it. My DD's are never full fasts (I'm not one that can do that), but I like being "allowed" to lower my calorie intake without feeling like "starving is bad!" or whatever junk the media tries to feed us (pun intended).

I really just want food to not be an issue for my anymore at some point. I want to enjoy it...truly just enjoy it, without worrying about whether it's going to make me fat. This is why I'm trying to incoporate some zone principles into my eating. It is how I enjoy eating anyway (balanced) and it feels good. I like real food and balance. JUDDD allows me the freedom to have the things that I love without guilt. So, I think it's a good combo for me. Check back in a few months, I may think differently... All joking aside, I'm trying to get over my food issues and that involves reading books and dealing with issues I didn't know existed....that is helping too.

I guess my point here is just find what works for you. Don't be afraid of trial and error.

Last edited by DD80; 07-12-2012 at 12:57 PM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Skinjob!

I think looking into MUDDD is a good idea.

I have never suggested this before, but have you considering going to Dr J's website and sending him a description of the situation? Include links to this and other posts maybe.

Dr J has probably seen this pattern before and should be able to point you in a specific direction. For example: If there is something endocrinal/hormonal out of balance in you (that appears to be normal when your doctor runs tests) Dr J may be able to suggest different tests.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #55

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Late to this as I have been so much lately.

I really feel for you, you are such a trier.

MUDDD might help, I have used it a couple of times.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Sorry to hear you are struggling with loss, it is much easier for those of us with lots to lose! Just wanted to add my support to possibly trying low carb JUDDD? I really need to stay fairly low carb to lose.

Good luck!
Dee
brehede is offline   Reply With Quote