Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NonnyK
Stats: 5" 1' Goal 130-- My Fitness Pal Username: NonnyK
WOE: JUDDDer
Start Date: 06/7/12
Exercise and Calories

Hello all!
I am fairly new to JUDDD; started 6/7/12. I love the program! I have lost 9 lbs!

Since I have started, I got a FITBIT. ( my new toy!) It has really motivated me to get moving! Now that I am exercising more, I went on to the JUDDD site and recalculated my calories. It says to eat 2443 UD/ 438 DD.
My question is.....on my DD, is that 438 period? Or do I eat some of my exercise calories back? And my UD seems so high. I was having a hard enough time eating 1900 calories. But, I haven't lost the last week....just want to make sure that I am not hurting my weight loss.

I would appreciate any helpful tips you can give! Thanks!
NonnyK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Since I'm not one of the bigger exercisers on this board, I'll defer to one of them to answer this for you. Yam-Yam, Luna, one of the other movers and shakers? You're needed.

My instinct is that if you recalculated with exercise factored in, your DD would stay at the 438. That of course depends on the percentage you use and you can go higher if you feel you need to, within the ranges given for WLM.

I don't eat mine back, but I don't do a LOT of exercise. I'm interested to see what responses you get.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WonderfulLife
Stats: 162/145/135?
WOE: JUDDD (Protein Power)
Start Date: May 29, 2012
Hi,

I find the idea of eating back exercise calories a little strange. So, no, I don't do it. I also do not usually eat my total UD calorie allotment. I do my most strenuous workouts on my UDs (90 minutes to 2 hours of cardio) and I limit my DD workouts to strength training and walking the dogs. I also don't have as low DDs as many others; I try for 600 to 700. I found I had to increase my DD calories as I added exercise (but I didn't change my UD calories). I'm still averaging just under 1200 calories.

Congrats on getting the fitbit! It sounds like a great motivator.

Susan
WonderfulLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
To me, after you have calculated as accurately as you can, the DD calories are all you get on DDs, except of course that you have a choice of percent of weight loss restriction. The activity calculation will already have allowed for your exercise.

There are several good threads right now that include thoughts on UD calories, however, and how there may be a RANGE of numbers that might be best for different individuals. One person may do best always eating "up to their UD calories" but another may not. There may be a bit of trial and error here to find your best personal choice.

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Nonnyk Are you adding excercise into the calculations? Because I am also petite and my beginning UD calories were never higher than 1,500. Your UD calories sound really high for someone so petite, however you didn't mention how much you weigh or your age. It is the general opinion here that it is best to not enter any excercise when doing ones calculations. As in why would one want to eat back the calories they have just burned? If you gave more info we could probably offer more advice.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NonnyK
Stats: 5" 1' Goal 130-- My Fitness Pal Username: NonnyK
WOE: JUDDDer
Start Date: 06/7/12
Thank you ladies for your responses. They have been really helpful.

It sounds like a smart plan not to eat your exercise calories back. Also, I am thinking my UD calories are so high because I am heavier? Even at 1-3 days exercising, my UD is 2167. I just need to find a balance so that I keep losing!

Thanks again!

PS...I am 41....weight 190

Last edited by NonnyK; 07-05-2012 at 01:02 AM..
NonnyK is offline   Reply With Quote