Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 12:39 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Vikki80
Stats: 253/172.5/154
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: May 12
Advice needed...

Hi all

On Sunday I am going on holiday for a week, staying in a villa in Portugal. I have been juddding for a couple of months and would like to maintain what I have lost whilst I am a away.
My hubby thinks I should just relax and not worry about it whilst on holiday but my concern then is getting back into the swing of things when we're back home. It's all to easy to put off and find excuses! What do you long term juddders reccommend, keeping rotations going or trying to just make sensible choices?
Any advice is appreciated
Vikki80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Well, i'm not a long-term JUDDDer yet (i'm just under a month in) but have just had a weekend off and was more than happy to get back to a DD yesterday, i didn't find it difficult or procrastinate which is very unlike me. I hadn't done my rotations over the weekend as i didn't have any control over what food was prepared and served - i did find it very easy to eat in moderation without any problems though - also very unlike my pre-JUDDD self.

I hope that whatever you decide you have a great time in lovely sunny Portugal!
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:30 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
In May I spent two weeks on an opulent vacay (food and scenery - the perfect combination). Here is what worked for me:

I planned to eat at the highest maintenance level. I succeeded about 40% of the time. But I always kept that in the back of my mind: is this DD or UD? I did not always act of which day it was, but remembering did help me make choices.

I ate according to my normal schedule. I usually skip breakfast (except coffee and hwc), skip or have a very light lunch, and get most of my calories at dinner. I continued that pattern.

Every time I ate, whether I counted calories or not, I paid very close attention to how full I was getting. If I knew the meal was going to cover many courses, I ate small portions to ensure I did not get full and keep eating.

If I was hungry, I ate. If I was not hungry I tasted or did not eat. If I felt like missing a meal (oddly enough, that did happen) I drank water. If the food was phenomenal, I licked the bowl.

I continued my normal level of exercise by walking and taking the stairs.

As your DH says, I relaxed and did not obsess about food. JUDDD forgives.

I only gained three pounds. Which were gone in two DDs. AND, as an added bonus, the break energized my body. I had been losing about 1 lb/week. Since I returned I am losing about 2 lb/week which I think is right for me.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:03 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Vikki80
Stats: 253/172.5/154
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: May 12
Thanks for your replies, I think that's a good idea, to keep in mind wether it's an up day or down day
Vikki80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Stats: 300/294/199
WOE: JUDDD started 300
Start Date: 4/29/13
Great advice Nancy, LOL and I love the comment about licking the bowl

Have a great vacation, and enjoy!
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
you can follow Nancy's excellent model, or choose another IF type plan that will work for you. YOU know YOU best. Some people need a plan, some can relax totally for vacation and learn a little more about themselves by seeing how naturally they do (or don't) fall into a rhythm of not eating all the time, and some just need a serious plan to pick their intermittent fasting back up as soon as they get back from vacation.
A lot of people like Fast 5 for vacationing, or Eat Stop Eat since you can either eat just during a window of time each day, or fast for 24 hours a couple days a week (dinner one day to dinner the next is not hard, you only skip a breakfast and lunch..who doesn't do that anyway when busy sometimes). JUDDDD maintenance levels aren't a super hardship either every other day if that feels better to you.
Most importantly enjoy the heck out of your vacation! Eat what you love and savor every moment!!
Old 07-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
Vicki80, enjoy your vacation! I do best when I pay attention to my stomach--when I am consciously eating, and watch for when my tummy starts to feel full--then I stop eating.

Last night we ate out and I was eating the most delicious homemade ravioli I had tasted in a long time (the truffle sauce was amazing) and I would have finished the plate based upon what my mouth was telling me, but I stopped after eating a quarter of the plate, tuned in to my stomach, and it was beginning to feel full, so I put the fork down and asked them to wrap it before I gave in to my mouth desire to finish it.

This is what I finally figured out--restaurants plate way too much food, and I don't have to finish it.

This method has allowed me to maintain a stable weight for months, although I only ate starches and sugar once or twice a week (although it is not working for me with losing weight on JUDDD.)

I hope you enjoy your vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
In May I spent two weeks on an opulent vacay (food and scenery - the perfect combination). Here is what worked for me:

I planned to eat at the highest maintenance level. I succeeded about 40% of the time. But I always kept that in the back of my mind: is this DD or UD? I did not always act of which day it was, but remembering did help me make choices.

I ate according to my normal schedule. I usually skip breakfast (except coffee and hwc), skip or have a very light lunch, and get most of my calories at dinner. I continued that pattern.

Every time I ate, whether I counted calories or not, I paid very close attention to how full I was getting. If I knew the meal was going to cover many courses, I ate small portions to ensure I did not get full and keep eating.

If I was hungry, I ate. If I was not hungry I tasted or did not eat. If I felt like missing a meal (oddly enough, that did happen) I drank water. If the food was phenomenal, I licked the bowl.

I only gained three pounds. Which were gone in two DDs. AND, as an added bonus, the break energized my body. I had been losing about 1 lb/week. Since I returned I am losing about 2 lb/week which I think is right for me.
I loved your post!!! What a great way to vacation. We are going on vacation in two weeks, and I keep hoping I will not gain too much weight while I'm gone (last year I gained 8 pounds in 2 weeks away--but I was not conscious of what I was eating at all).

This vacation is only a week, and I have decided to eat very consciously. Especially since I seem to be unable to do the hCG diet anymore--(I was able to lose that weight very quickly when I did a round of hCG afterwards). So I don't have that to fall back on. Hopefully I can do this JUDDD thing correctly very soon and start to see some scale movement.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I personally would go into 60% maintenance mode, keep up my rotations and enjoy myself!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post

Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote