Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
The Simplicity of DDs

Gotta love it!

I have a music channel playing called "Health and Fitness" and it's the kind of relaxing music you hear piped into a spa. Really putting me in a mellow mood...or maybe it's the SIRT 1??

There are a few projects I'm going to get to in a little while, but right now I've finished some lovely coffee and just prepared a sparkling glass of iced water with fresh lemon squeezed in.

I had a lovely chat w/ DD and my little 3 year old DGS over the phone. So cute!

Right now I'm feeling like the day is an empty canvas. I'm not hungry at all and it's close to 11 a.m. If the tummy starts growling later, I'm going to have a piece of tilapia on top of some shredded cabbage and later an egg or 2.

This peaceful feeling of simplicity has never come to me with any other WOE. I used to be constantly thinking about what I could not eat! Fretting about whether I could stick it out another day. Worrying that I had to do hours of cardio along with depriving myself of foods I like forever.

I'm just constantly amazed at how my body likes JUDD and even the DD part of it. It "fits" me like a comfy pair of old favorite jeans.

Anyone else besides me feeling this way lately?

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Yep!

Yesterday was my DD and I did not eat until 6:30 pm, when DH and I had some cabbage, chicken and laughing cow. Up till then it was coffee with some coconut oil and lots of my watered-down crystal light green tea.

Yes, very peaceful. And I was enjoying thinking of the work my body was getting to do instead of digesting--improving my immune system, repairing cells, clearing fat out of my fat cells.

And this morning I was down over a pound, so there's a nice reward in the bargain!

Glad you're having such a lovely peaceful down day. And a lovely peaceful WOE.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Totally with you! Love the peace of choosing to not eat for a while. And the freedom to eat if and when I want.
The eggplant hummus will keep. The sweet pork chili is simmering away for the fam.
I had the flu all weekend, still recovering, but eating so is not a crisis.
Fasting today, at least until dinner time. I will pass judgment on dinner then
Lived on water with ginger and lemon yesterday with toast and an egg.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Most of the time I know exactly what you mean.

But, I am planning to make an exotic spicy pear salad for tomorrow's Holiday (UD) celebration. Had to go buy the ingredients. Hungry now. Green tea ain't gonna do it today. Broth time.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 07-03-2012 at 12:11 PM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Yep!

Yesterday was my DD and I did not eat until 6:30 pm, when DH and I had some cabbage, chicken and laughing cow. Up till then it was coffee with some coconut oil and lots of my watered-down crystal light green tea.

Yes, very peaceful. And I was enjoying thinking of the work my body was getting to do instead of digesting--improving my immune system, repairing cells, clearing fat out of my fat cells.

And this morning I was down over a pound, so there's a nice reward in the bargain!

Glad you're having such a lovely peaceful down day. And a lovely peaceful WOE.
Congratulations on that nice drop -- again! So soon! You are melting away so that you are unrecognizable; a whole hot new woman! (I read the NSV thread! YAY YOU!!)

Now you gave me an idea about really focusing on all the good things my body is doing. I've heard that when you exercise, if you focus on the muscle you are working on and think about it getting stronger, the exercise will be even more effective. If I actually focus on fat being cleared out of my cells and all the healing effects of this WOE on a DD, maybe my brain will signal things to work better and better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
Totally with you! Love the peace of choosing to not eat for a while. And the freedom to eat if and when I want.
The eggplant hummus will keep. The sweet pork chili is simmering away for the fam.
I had the flu all weekend, still recovering, but eating so is not a crisis.
Fasting today, at least until dinner time. I will pass judgment on dinner then

Lived on water with ginger and lemon yesterday with toast and an egg.
Sorry you had the flu. Hope that's all out of your system, Dear. Loved what you said about "choosing" not to eat -- or to eat, right? I like having choices. I think that's why I over pack the suitcase when we travel. When something is my choice and not forced upon me, I feel so much more in control.

Today is my choice. I can relax in it and rejoice in it. Tomorrow we'll have a fabulous BBQ and celebrate a holiday with no worries. Dieting half the time is such a relief!

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 07-03-2012 at 12:15 PM..
Old 07-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Most of the time I know exactly what you mean.

But, I am planning to make an exotic spicy pear salad for tomorrow's Holiday (UD) celebration. Had to go buy the ingredients. Hungry now. Green tea ain't gonna do it today. Broth time.
I soooooooo try to stay far away from the grocery store on a DD if I can help it! Enjoy your broth. That salad is going to taste awesome tomorrow!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I soooooooo try to stay far away from the grocery store on a DD if I can help it! Enjoy your broth. That salad is going to taste awesome tomorrow!
I love shopping on a DD. Its so fun going to the story REALLY hungry and planning these fabulous things I'm going to eat. I never do because unfortunately on UD's I'm not hungry but its fun to plan anyway. I my down days, my up days, not so much suprisingly... I just went to a pizza/game place with my children and watched 20 people throw down food and I was completely unconcerned that I wasn't eating. The multiple compliments on my weight loss didn't hurt either Tomorrow I have to plan and squeeze in enough food and do all sorts of measuring etc. Today is so easy and I really do enjoy the way I feel.

Last edited by brewstate; 07-03-2012 at 01:50 PM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I soo love my DD more than anything.. its the day i feel the most at peace with my body. It also seams that my body likes not eating.. i dont feel the hunger any more and i always cook for my hubby on my down days and create some wonderfull things for him to eat.. werid part is... i have no clue how it tastes till he trys it and say WOW is that amazing~ ... This has been the best thing i could ever have stumbled upon(JUDDD)
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
I love shopping on a DD. Its so fun going to the story REALLY hungry and planning these fabulous things I'm going to eat. I never do because unfortunately on UD's I'm not hungry but its fun to plan anyway. I my down days, my up days, not so much suprisingly... I just went to a pizza/game place with my children and watched 20 people throw down food and I was completely unconcerned that I wasn't eating. The multiple compliments on my weight loss didn't hurt either Tomorrow I have to plan and squeeze in enough food and do all sorts of planning. Today is so easy and I really do enjoy the way I feel.
Congrats on all the compliments!!! I love it when that happens.

And, you got it! That's exactly what I'm talkin' about....Lots of fuss and thinking about food and planning and sometimes just not feeling as hungry on UDs as I think I should but wanting to EAT just because the following day will be a DD. DDs are no fuss, no muss and very peaceful.

Lots of my DDs come with a combo of peacefulness and energy. I just powered through the house and got so much done including changing beds, catching up on laundry, deep cleaning kitchen/baths. Nice to feel that sense of accomplishment and now it's off to a well-deserved jacuzzi bath and maybe mowing my legs!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I soo love my DD more than anything.. its the day i feel the most at peace with my body. It also seams that my body likes not eating.. i dont feel the hunger any more and i always cook for my hubby on my down days and create some wonderfull things for him to eat.. werid part is... i have no clue how it tastes till he trys it and say WOW is that amazing~ ... This has been the best thing i could ever have stumbled upon(JUDDD)
Love that! Kinda like JUDD starts working on us and we feel more comfortable in our skin than ever before.

I do the same thing with cooking. I make fabulous breakfasts and dinners every day, even if I'm not planning to eat any. I know I can if I want to. And, the great thing is, since I'm craving more healthy foods now, DH really benefits because he is eating the way I'm eating.

He does not do really low DDs. He is eating closer to maintenance levels but still losing which is great. He just does not eat junk food any more and he's happy about that. Me too!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #11

I'm amazed and in awe at those of you who cook on DDs.

I cannot do this.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Luna: LOVE< LOVE< LOVE the new picture in your siggy!!! You are gorgeous, Girlie!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Luna: LOVE< LOVE< LOVE the new picture in your siggy!!! You are gorgeous, Girlie!!!
thats what i was just goin to write so i thought i would just copy and paste what you wrote Yam,, lol Luna you are soo beautifull and i love that you have a new photo up there..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
thats what i was just goin to write so i thought i would just copy and paste what you wrote Yam,, lol Luna you are soo beautifull and i love that you have a new photo up there..
Yes, yes! Great new pic!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Yep, I agree that the simplicity of a DD is enlightening to say the least. I did have a double duh last week though. I ate my Big Cup Noodle thingie, which is great but had a shock blast when I put my glasses on that one cup is not one but a rousing 2 servings. All along I had been thinking my DD's were so great. No wonder I haven't been getting my money's worth! So, I am having a WW english muffin breakfast serving and for dinner TJ's Tikka Masala and a cup of raw cabbage. That is 543 calories. Tomorrow for my UD I will stick to 1500 calories, averages out to 1021/day. Do you think that's enough of a spread?
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
Yep, I agree that the simplicity of a DD is enlightening to say the least. I did have a double duh last week though. I ate my Big Cup Noodle thingie, which is great but had a shock blast when I put my glasses on that one cup is not one but a rousing 2 servings. All along I had been thinking my DD's were so great. No wonder I haven't been getting my money's worth! So, I am having a WW english muffin breakfast serving and for dinner TJ's Tikka Masala and a cup of raw cabbage. That is 543 calories. Tomorrow for my UD I will stick to 1500 calories, averages out to 1021/day. Do you think that's enough of a spread?
Sounds perfect to me. I know what you mean about checking serving sizes. I have done the same thing with soup thinking I was eating one serving when I was getting 2. Thankfully I don't eat soup on DDs so not too much harm. On UDs I just count it and move on.

Somewhere I saw someone mention that the appx 1000 spread is a good marker so you will be pretty much spot on with those numbers IMHO.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Yam-Yam thanks for your post. I am on it girl. I have so many emotionally stagnate days because of DH and his cancer battle that I often just get lost and eat for no particular reason. It helps me to look at the food and just say "Hey, I can have that tomorrow." If it gets too overwhelming I don't punish myself.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yam-Yam thanks for your post. I am on it girl. I have so many emotionally stagnate days because of DH and his cancer battle that I often just get lost and eat for no particular reason. It helps me to look at the food and just say "Hey, I can have that tomorrow." If it gets too overwhelming I don't punish myself.
Suze: You are a very strong and beautiful woman and I admire you so much. I think we chatted about Dukan on the Stillman forum a while back. I haven't done Dukan in months and months. Every now and then I think if I would combine Dukan and JUDD for a week I'd probably see a really good whoosh downward. But then I think it would probably only be water weight anyway. I'm on a fat burning mission.

So sorry you have to go through this with your beloved DH. I'm so proud of you for the pounds you have lost! I had a great month (for me) in March and lost 6 pounds. Then nothing in April. Just maintained. May was slow going with a piddly loss and June was less than 2 pounds lost. You and I seem to be losing at about the same rate right now.

I'm not in a race, though. I've had enough suffering this past year with two of my brothers passing away, a sister diagnosed with Alzheimer's, another sister who suddenly started having convulsions and was hospitalized and now another brother who just had a stroke. I don't need my WOE to be another source of suffering. Know what I mean? It's the same reason I don't wear high heels anymore! I'm too old to suffer!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Yam Yam I will say a little for you tonight. Stay strong, your angels are always with you my dear I too have a feeling of peace and calm on DD. I also have more energy on DD as well. On a lot of UD I find myself forgetting that I can indeed eat that day lol. I would have thought it would be the other way around lol. Sometimes I actually feel a bit frantic on UD about getting all my calories in or if I'm really hungry I'll fear going over( although I never do). My point is UD are just more stressful for me in general. Who would have thought
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #20

Quote:
Suze, I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Sending thoughts of vibrant good health for your husband and peacefulness for you.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:

I cannot do this.
What a wondeful photo!!

I cook as little as possible on DD

It is just the 2 of us and DH just eats what ever is in front of him!

Leona

ps - made a big no, no this afternoon, DH got his drivers license in the mail and I agreed with him about the bad photo
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
I'm not in a race, though. I've had enough suffering this past year with two of my brothers passing away, a sister diagnosed with Alzheimer's, another sister who suddenly started having convulsions and was hospitalized and now another brother who just had a stroke. I don't need my WOE to be another source of suffering. Know what I mean? It's the same reason I don't wear high heels anymore! I'm too old to suffer!
So sorry to hear about your family losses. I have older sisters and one was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's. I'm so hoping she can get her meds straightened out and be as comfortable as possible...she has terrible back pain, too.

About the heels...boy I totally understand that, too. I sure wish I hadn't worn them so much for so many years...really did a number on my knees!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCBubs
WOE: LC for life!
I am new to this, on week three of serious JUDDDing it. I am SO glad to hear what you all are saying. Complete fasting DD's are a breeze since I don't have to even think about what to eat/what not to eat. UD's are torture! It's like all I think about is what I'm going to eat. What's the best strategy?! Plan it all out morsel by morsel? I have to admit, I haven't been good about that.
LCBubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCBubs View Post
I am new to this, on week three of serious JUDDDing it. I am SO glad to hear what you all are saying. Complete fasting DD's are a breeze since I don't have to even think about what to eat/what not to eat. UD's are torture! It's like all I think about is what I'm going to eat. What's the best strategy?! Plan it all out morsel by morsel? I have to admit, I haven't been good about that.
After five months I still don't know the answer to UD's. DD's are easy. I just fast. But then I do great on aome UD's and others I just get all carried away. No rhyme or reason for it either.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
So sorry to hear about your family losses. I have older sisters and one was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's. I'm so hoping she can get her meds straightened out and be as comfortable as possible...she has terrible back pain, too.

About the heels...boy I totally understand that, too. I sure wish I hadn't worn them so much for so many years...really did a number on my knees!
Thank you. I am so sorry about your sister. My DFIL had Parkinson's. It was very hard to see him go through that and I pray your sister will be pain free.

On the heels thingie, I too wore them constantly when I was younger. I don't have any knee problems or anything, I just can't stand them any more! Especially could not stand them when I was 41 pounds heavier than I am now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCBubs View Post
Planning every single morsel might get me to goal way faster, but it would not be half the fun! I'm not in a race. I do keep a note book on the counter in the kitchen and jot down what I eat and the calories if I know them or can look them up quickly. Otherwise I look them up later and enter everything in my on line tracker. I had much wilder and out of control UDs in the first month than I do now. I have become much more settled regarding food. I don't have cravings like I used to and credit that to JUDD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
After five months I still don't know the answer to UD's. DD's are easy. I just fast. But then I do great on aome UD's and others I just get all carried away. No rhyme or reason for it either.
But you are losing! And NOT suffering! Right? I love seeing your progress. We are doing this. Maybe not at lightening speed, but eventually we will git-r-done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
Yam Yam I will say a little for you tonight. Stay strong, your angels are always with you my dear I too have a feeling of peace and calm on DD. I also have more energy on DD as well. On a lot of UD I find myself forgetting that I can indeed eat that day lol. I would have thought it would be the other way around lol. Sometimes I actually feel a bit frantic on UD about getting all my calories in or if I'm really hungry I'll fear going over( although I never do). My point is UD are just more stressful for me in general. Who would have thought
Well, I can't say I feel frantic about trying to get calories in, but I have often found I have no hunger on UDs and I guess that's pretty common. I have actually gone almost all day, not eating, just drinking coffee and water and then realizing at 6 pm that it's an UD. It's a little late to fix it at that point, so I just let it go and do an UD the next day. Doesn't hurt to mess it up every now and then, I think!
Old 07-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Today I feel like starting a thread about the JOY of UDs!!!

How lovely to have a BBQ and be able to eat. Yum! Yum! Yum! I'm so happy right now! And, full. Or, I should say, "satisfied".
Old 07-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:

I cannot do this.
Girlfriend!!! I have very non-cooking DDs and keep them simple with a plain menu that I use every DD. Come to think of it, I have mainly non-cooking UDs, too. Which is why I adore the chicken/cabbage/cheese concoction.

Having been off JUDDD while recuperating, I'm anxious to get back on my rotation. DDs are so much easier and I look forward to them. Most of the time. Since I do the M/W/F DD rotation, I'm hoping to eventually work those calories down to what the calculator says. Right now, my DDs are generally less than 450.

Anyway, I the simplicity of Down Days!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much for your well wishes for DH. He has a terminal diagnosis but they don't know how much longer he will be with us I am afraid. His body handles the chemo well and he is a fighter so probably for that reason he is still alive. Under a year is all I know. Meanwhile I am adjusting and losing the weight is part of it. Today is a DD. Hope I can stay in a realistic number. UD's are easy for me. I track everything in ****** plus warmer weather helps with appetite control.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Thanks so much for your well wishes for DH. He has a terminal diagnosis but they don't know how much longer he will be with us I am afraid. His body handles the chemo well and he is a fighter so probably for that reason he is still alive. Under a year is all I know.
I missed this!! I'm so sorry to see this. for you!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Thanks so much for your well wishes for DH. He has a terminal diagnosis but they don't know how much longer he will be with us I am afraid. His body handles the chemo well and he is a fighter so probably for that reason he is still alive. Under a year is all I know.
Suze,
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote