Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   The Simplicity of DDs (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/777055-simplicity-dds.html)

Yam-Yam 07-03-2012 10:42 AM

The Simplicity of DDs

Gotta love it!

I have a music channel playing called "Health and Fitness" and it's the kind of relaxing music you hear piped into a spa. Really putting me in a mellow mood...or maybe it's the SIRT 1??:)

There are a few projects I'm going to get to in a little while, but right now I've finished some lovely coffee and just prepared a sparkling glass of iced water with fresh lemon squeezed in.

I had a lovely chat w/ DD and my little 3 year old DGS over the phone. So cute!

Right now I'm feeling like the day is an empty canvas. I'm not hungry at all and it's close to 11 a.m. If the tummy starts growling later, I'm going to have a piece of tilapia on top of some shredded cabbage and later an egg or 2.

This peaceful feeling of simplicity has never come to me with any other WOE. I used to be constantly thinking about what I could not eat! Fretting about whether I could stick it out another day. Worrying that I had to do hours of cardio along with depriving myself of foods I like forever.

I'm just constantly amazed at how my body likes JUDD and even the DD part of it. It "fits" me like a comfy pair of old favorite jeans.

Anyone else besides me feeling this way lately?:)

Luna Loca 07-03-2012 10:54 AM

Yep!

Yesterday was my DD and I did not eat until 6:30 pm, when DH and I had some cabbage, chicken and laughing cow. Up till then it was coffee with some coconut oil and lots of my watered-down crystal light green tea.

Yes, very peaceful. And I was enjoying thinking of the work my body was getting to do instead of digesting--improving my immune system, repairing cells, clearing fat out of my fat cells.

And this morning I was down over a pound, so there's a nice reward in the bargain!

Glad you're having such a lovely peaceful down day. And a lovely peaceful WOE. :heart:

b_lou_who 07-03-2012 11:05 AM

Totally with you! Love the peace of choosing to not eat for a while. And the freedom to eat if and when I want.
The eggplant hummus will keep. The sweet pork chili is simmering away for the fam.
I had the flu all weekend, still recovering, but eating so is not a crisis.
Fasting today, at least until dinner time. I will pass judgment on dinner then ;)
Lived on water with ginger and lemon yesterday with toast and an egg.

gotsomeold 07-03-2012 12:09 PM

Most of the time I know exactly what you mean.

But, I am planning to make an exotic spicy pear salad for tomorrow's Holiday (UD) celebration. Had to go buy the ingredients. Hungry now. Green tea ain't gonna do it today. Broth time.

Yam-Yam 07-03-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Loca (Post 15772499)
Yep!

Yesterday was my DD and I did not eat until 6:30 pm, when DH and I had some cabbage, chicken and laughing cow. Up till then it was coffee with some coconut oil and lots of my watered-down crystal light green tea.

Yes, very peaceful. And I was enjoying thinking of the work my body was getting to do instead of digesting--improving my immune system, repairing cells, clearing fat out of my fat cells.

And this morning I was down over a pound, so there's a nice reward in the bargain!

Glad you're having such a lovely peaceful down day. And a lovely peaceful WOE. :heart:

Congratulations on that nice drop -- again! So soon! You are melting away so that you are unrecognizable; a whole hot new woman! (I read the NSV thread!:hyst: YAY YOU!!)

Now you gave me an idea about really focusing on all the good things my body is doing. I've heard that when you exercise, if you focus on the muscle you are working on and think about it getting stronger, the exercise will be even more effective. If I actually focus on fat being cleared out of my cells and all the healing effects of this WOE on a DD, maybe my brain will signal things to work better and better. :clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_lou_who (Post 15772525)
Totally with you! Love the peace of choosing to not eat for a while. And the freedom to eat if and when I want.
The eggplant hummus will keep. The sweet pork chili is simmering away for the fam.
I had the flu all weekend, still recovering, but eating so is not a crisis.
Fasting today, at least until dinner time. I will pass judgment on dinner then ;)

Lived on water with ginger and lemon yesterday with toast and an egg.

Sorry you had the flu. :sad: Hope that's all out of your system, Dear. :console: Loved what you said about "choosing" not to eat -- or to eat, right? I like having choices. I think that's why I over pack the suitcase when we travel. :laugh: When something is my choice and not forced upon me, I feel so much more in control.

Today is my choice. I can relax in it and rejoice in it. Tomorrow we'll have a fabulous BBQ and celebrate a holiday with no worries. Dieting half the time is such a relief!:cool:

Yam-Yam 07-03-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15772712)
Most of the time I know exactly what you mean.

But, I am planning to make an exotic spicy pear salad for tomorrow's Holiday (UD) celebration. Had to go buy the ingredients. Hungry now. Green tea ain't gonna do it today. Broth time.

I soooooooo try to stay far away from the grocery store on a DD if I can help it! Enjoy your broth. That salad is going to taste awesome tomorrow!:up:

brewstate 07-03-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15772753)
I soooooooo try to stay far away from the grocery store on a DD if I can help it! Enjoy your broth. That salad is going to taste awesome tomorrow!:up:

I love shopping on a DD. Its so fun going to the story REALLY hungry and planning these fabulous things I'm going to eat. I never do because unfortunately on UD's I'm not hungry :stars: but its fun to plan anyway. I :heart: my down days, my up days, not so much suprisingly... I just went to a pizza/game place with my children and watched 20 people throw down food and I was completely unconcerned that I wasn't eating. The multiple compliments on my weight loss didn't hurt either :laugh: Tomorrow I have to plan and squeeze in enough food and do all sorts of measuring etc. Today is so easy and I really do enjoy the way I feel.

sterlinggirl 07-03-2012 01:44 PM

I soo love my DD more than anything.. its the day i feel the most at peace with my body. It also seams that my body likes not eating.. i dont feel the hunger any more and i always cook for my hubby on my down days and create some wonderfull things for him to eat.. werid part is... i have no clue how it tastes till he trys it and say WOW is that amazing~ :)... This has been the best thing i could ever have stumbled upon(JUDDD)

Yam-Yam 07-03-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brewstate (Post 15772943)
I love shopping on a DD. Its so fun going to the story REALLY hungry and planning these fabulous things I'm going to eat. I never do because unfortunately on UD's I'm not hungry :stars: but its fun to plan anyway. I :heart: my down days, my up days, not so much suprisingly... I just went to a pizza/game place with my children and watched 20 people throw down food and I was completely unconcerned that I wasn't eating. The multiple compliments on my weight loss didn't hurt either :laugh: Tomorrow I have to plan and squeeze in enough food and do all sorts of planning. Today is so easy and I really do enjoy the way I feel.

Congrats on all the compliments!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: I love it when that happens. :high5:

And, you got it! That's exactly what I'm talkin' about....Lots of fuss and thinking about food and planning and sometimes just not feeling as hungry on UDs as I think I should but wanting to EAT just because the following day will be a DD. DDs are no fuss, no muss and very peaceful.

Lots of my DDs come with a combo of peacefulness and energy. :stars::stars: I just powered through the house and got so much done including changing beds, catching up on laundry, deep cleaning kitchen/baths. Nice to feel that sense of accomplishment and now it's off to a well-deserved jacuzzi bath and maybe mowing my legs!:hyst:

Yam-Yam 07-03-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 15772978)
I soo love my DD more than anything.. its the day i feel the most at peace with my body. It also seams that my body likes not eating.. i dont feel the hunger any more and i always cook for my hubby on my down days and create some wonderfull things for him to eat.. werid part is... i have no clue how it tastes till he trys it and say WOW is that amazing~ :)... This has been the best thing i could ever have stumbled upon(JUDDD)

Love that! :) Kinda like JUDD starts working on us and we feel more comfortable in our skin than ever before.

I do the same thing with cooking. I make fabulous breakfasts and dinners every day, even if I'm not planning to eat any. I know I can if I want to. And, the great thing is, since I'm craving more healthy foods now, DH really benefits because he is eating the way I'm eating.

He does not do really low DDs. He is eating closer to maintenance levels but still losing which is great. He just does not eat junk food any more and he's happy about that. Me too!:jumpjoy:

Luna Loca 07-03-2012 02:11 PM

I'm amazed and in awe at those of you who cook on DDs.

I cannot do this.

Yam-Yam 07-03-2012 02:15 PM

Luna: LOVE< LOVE< LOVE the new picture in your siggy!!!:jumpjoy: You are gorgeous, Girlie!!!:heart::notwrthy:

sterlinggirl 07-03-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15773081)
Luna: LOVE< LOVE< LOVE the new picture in your siggy!!!:jumpjoy: You are gorgeous, Girlie!!!:heart::notwrthy:

thats what i was just goin to write so i thought i would just copy and paste what you wrote Yam,, lol:hyst: Luna you are soo beautifull and i love that you have a new photo up there..

Sheridan 07-03-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15773081)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 15773089)
thats what i was just goin to write so i thought i would just copy and paste what you wrote Yam,, lol:hyst: Luna you are soo beautifull and i love that you have a new photo up there..

Yes, yes! Great new pic! :love:

SuzeQ 07-03-2012 02:43 PM

Yep, I agree that the simplicity of a DD is enlightening to say the least. I did have a double duh last week though. I ate my Big Cup Noodle thingie, which is great but had a shock blast when I put my glasses on that one cup is not one but a rousing 2 servings. All along I had been thinking my DD's were so great. No wonder I haven't been getting my money's worth! So, I am having a WW english muffin breakfast serving and for dinner TJ's Tikka Masala and a cup of raw cabbage. That is 543 calories. Tomorrow for my UD I will stick to 1500 calories, averages out to 1021/day. Do you think that's enough of a spread?

Yam-Yam 07-03-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzeQ (Post 15773145)
Yep, I agree that the simplicity of a DD is enlightening to say the least. I did have a double duh last week though. I ate my Big Cup Noodle thingie, which is great but had a shock blast when I put my glasses on that one cup is not one but a rousing 2 servings. All along I had been thinking my DD's were so great. No wonder I haven't been getting my money's worth! So, I am having a WW english muffin breakfast serving and for dinner TJ's Tikka Masala and a cup of raw cabbage. That is 543 calories. Tomorrow for my UD I will stick to 1500 calories, averages out to 1021/day. Do you think that's enough of a spread?

Sounds perfect to me. I know what you mean about checking serving sizes. I have done the same thing with soup thinking I was eating one serving when I was getting 2. :stars: Thankfully I don't eat soup on DDs so not too much harm. On UDs I just count it and move on.

Somewhere I saw someone mention that the appx 1000 spread is a good marker so you will be pretty much spot on with those numbers IMHO. :sing:

SuzeQ 07-03-2012 02:53 PM

Yam-Yam thanks for your post. I am on it girl. I have so many emotionally stagnate days because of DH and his cancer battle that I often just get lost and eat for no particular reason. It helps me to look at the food and just say "Hey, I can have that tomorrow." If it gets too overwhelming I don't punish myself.

Yam-Yam 07-03-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzeQ (Post 15773164)
Yam-Yam thanks for your post. I am on it girl. I have so many emotionally stagnate days because of DH and his cancer battle that I often just get lost and eat for no particular reason. It helps me to look at the food and just say "Hey, I can have that tomorrow." If it gets too overwhelming I don't punish myself.

Suze: :hugs: You are a very strong and beautiful woman and I admire you so much. I think we chatted about Dukan on the Stillman forum a while back. I haven't done Dukan in months and months. Every now and then I think if I would combine Dukan and JUDD for a week I'd probably see a really good whoosh downward. But then I think it would probably only be water weight anyway. I'm on a fat burning mission.

So sorry you have to go through this with your beloved DH. I'm so proud of you for the pounds you have lost! I had a great month (for me) in March and lost 6 pounds. Then nothing in April. Just maintained. May was slow going with a piddly loss and June was less than 2 pounds lost. You and I seem to be losing at about the same rate right now.

I'm not in a race, though. I've had enough suffering this past year with two of my brothers passing away, a sister diagnosed with Alzheimer's, another sister who suddenly started having convulsions and was hospitalized and now another brother who just had a stroke. I don't need my WOE to be another source of suffering. Know what I mean? It's the same reason I don't wear high heels anymore!:hyst: I'm too old to suffer!:p

Muffabuff 07-03-2012 05:27 PM

Yam Yam I will say a little:aprayer: for you tonight. Stay strong, your angels are always with you my dear:heart: I too have a feeling of peace and calm on DD. I also have more energy on DD as well. On a lot of UD I find myself forgetting that I can indeed eat that day lol. I would have thought it would be the other way around lol. Sometimes I actually feel a bit frantic on UD about getting all my calories in or if I'm really hungry I'll fear going over( although I never do). My point is UD are just more stressful for me in general. Who would have thought:stars:

Luna Loca 07-03-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzeQ (Post 15773164)

Suze, I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Sending thoughts of vibrant good health for your husband and peacefulness for you. :hugs:

leonak 07-03-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Loca (Post 15773069)

I cannot do this.

What a wondeful photo!!:heart:

I cook as little as possible on DD :confused::jumpjoy::notwrthy::cool:

It is just the 2 of us and DH just eats what ever is in front of him!

Leona

ps - made a big :dunno::stars::cry: no, no this afternoon, DH got his drivers license in the mail and I agreed with him about the bad photo:cry::hyst::cry:

shirlc 07-03-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15773190)
I'm not in a race, though. I've had enough suffering this past year with two of my brothers passing away, a sister diagnosed with Alzheimer's, another sister who suddenly started having convulsions and was hospitalized and now another brother who just had a stroke. I don't need my WOE to be another source of suffering. Know what I mean? It's the same reason I don't wear high heels anymore!:hyst: I'm too old to suffer!:p

So sorry to hear about your family losses.:hugs: I have older sisters and one was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's. I'm so hoping she can get her meds straightened out and be as comfortable as possible...she has terrible back pain, too.

About the heels...boy I totally understand that, too. I sure wish I hadn't worn them so much for so many years...really did a number on my knees! :p

LCBubs 07-03-2012 06:25 PM

I am new to this, on week three of serious JUDDDing it. I am SO glad to hear what you all are saying. Complete fasting DD's are a breeze since I don't have to even think about what to eat/what not to eat. UD's are torture! It's like all I think about is what I'm going to eat. What's the best strategy?! Plan it all out morsel by morsel? I have to admit, I haven't been good about that.

adillenal 07-03-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCBubs (Post 15773641)
I am new to this, on week three of serious JUDDDing it. I am SO glad to hear what you all are saying. Complete fasting DD's are a breeze since I don't have to even think about what to eat/what not to eat. UD's are torture! It's like all I think about is what I'm going to eat. What's the best strategy?! Plan it all out morsel by morsel? I have to admit, I haven't been good about that.

After five months I still don't know the answer to UD's. DD's are easy. I just fast. But then I do great on aome UD's and others I just get all carried away. No rhyme or reason for it either.:dunno:

Yam-Yam 07-04-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlc (Post 15773625)
So sorry to hear about your family losses.:hugs: I have older sisters and one was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's. I'm so hoping she can get her meds straightened out and be as comfortable as possible...she has terrible back pain, too.

About the heels...boy I totally understand that, too. I sure wish I hadn't worn them so much for so many years...really did a number on my knees! :p

Thank you. I am so sorry about your sister. :console: My DFIL had Parkinson's. It was very hard to see him go through that and I pray your sister will be pain free.:aprayer:

On the heels thingie, I too wore them constantly when I was younger. I don't have any knee problems or anything, I just can't stand them any more! Especially could not stand them when I was 41 pounds heavier than I am now!!:eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCBubs (Post 15773641)

Planning every single morsel might get me to goal way faster, but it would not be half the fun!:hyst: I'm not in a race. I do keep a note book on the counter in the kitchen and jot down what I eat and the calories if I know them or can look them up quickly. Otherwise I look them up later and enter everything in my on line tracker. I had much wilder and out of control UDs in the first month than I do now. I have become much more settled regarding food. I don't have cravings like I used to and credit that to JUDD. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 15773708)
After five months I still don't know the answer to UD's. DD's are easy. I just fast. But then I do great on aome UD's and others I just get all carried away. No rhyme or reason for it either.:dunno:

But you are losing! And NOT suffering! Right? I love seeing your progress. We are doing this. Maybe not at lightening speed, but eventually we will git-r-done!:jumpjoy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffabuff (Post 15773500)
Yam Yam I will say a little:aprayer: for you tonight. Stay strong, your angels are always with you my dear:heart: I too have a feeling of peace and calm on DD. I also have more energy on DD as well. On a lot of UD I find myself forgetting that I can indeed eat that day lol. I would have thought it would be the other way around lol. Sometimes I actually feel a bit frantic on UD about getting all my calories in or if I'm really hungry I'll fear going over( although I never do). My point is UD are just more stressful for me in general. Who would have thought:stars:

Well, I can't say I feel frantic about trying to get calories in, but I have often found I have no hunger on UDs and I guess that's pretty common. I have actually gone almost all day, not eating, just drinking coffee and water and then realizing at 6 pm that it's an UD. It's a little late to fix it at that point, so I just let it go and do an UD the next day. Doesn't hurt to mess it up every now and then, I think!:dunno:

Yam-Yam 07-04-2012 03:33 PM

Today I feel like starting a thread about the JOY of UDs!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

How lovely to have a BBQ and be able to eat. Yum! Yum! Yum! I'm so happy right now! And, full. :) Or, I should say, "satisfied". :yummy:

vanilla_latte 07-05-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Loca (Post 15773069)

I cannot do this.

Girlfriend!!! :high5: :laugh: I have very non-cooking DDs and keep them simple with a plain menu that I use every DD. Come to think of it, I have mainly non-cooking UDs, too. Which is why I adore the chicken/cabbage/cheese concoction. :love:

Having been off JUDDD while recuperating, I'm anxious to get back on my rotation. DDs are so much easier and I look forward to them. Most of the time. ;) Since I do the M/W/F DD rotation, I'm hoping to eventually work those calories down to what the calculator says. Right now, my DDs are generally less than 450.

Anyway, I :heart: the simplicity of Down Days!

SuzeQ 07-11-2012 07:03 AM

Thanks so much for your well wishes for DH. He has a terminal diagnosis but they don't know how much longer he will be with us I am afraid. His body handles the chemo well and he is a fighter so probably for that reason he is still alive. Under a year is all I know. Meanwhile I am adjusting and losing the weight is part of it. Today is a DD. Hope I can stay in a realistic number. UD's are easy for me. I track everything in ****** plus warmer weather helps with appetite control.

vanilla_latte 07-11-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzeQ (Post 15791863)
Thanks so much for your well wishes for DH. He has a terminal diagnosis but they don't know how much longer he will be with us I am afraid. His body handles the chemo well and he is a fighter so probably for that reason he is still alive. Under a year is all I know.

I missed this!! I'm so sorry to see this. :aprayer: :console: for you!

Joyjoy 07-11-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzeQ (Post 15791863)
Thanks so much for your well wishes for DH. He has a terminal diagnosis but they don't know how much longer he will be with us I am afraid. His body handles the chemo well and he is a fighter so probably for that reason he is still alive. Under a year is all I know.

Suze, :heart::heart: