Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cynthm
Stats: 5'7". 165/151.8/135
WOE: JUDDD/HCG
Start Date: 06/24/2012 JUDDD; 7/30/12 HCG
First week results: normal??

Hi everyone,
I just finished my first week on JUDDD, and most of the time, I loved it! It's so liberating to be able to eat carbs like bread I still watch my carbs a bit, having come from lc, and try to stick to no processed foods. My UD's have been close to 2000, and my DDs have ranged from 550 to 800 cals. A couple days before my first DD, I decided to do what some here recommended, and get my carb level up, to get that water weight gain over with. So, here's what happened:
Prior to starting: 159.6
Before first DD (after 3 days of eating high carb, about 150 grams): 164.8
After first DD: 162.8
After first UD: 162.0
After 2nd DD: 160.4
After 2nd UD: 160.2
After 3rd DD: 159.4
After 3rd UD: 160.4
Today, after 4th DD (which was about 850 cals): 159.4

So, I'm kind of back to where I started. I'm thinking that is good and maybe means I have lost some actual weight, since I am now eating more carbs and thus have some water weight on me. Or does the water weight also come off after your body gets used to carbs again? That would mean I am just at the same weight I was when I started just over a week ago.
Which is okay, because I love that I can eat whatever I want, and not shoot up 3 pounds, like you do when you cheat on lc. Soooo happy about that!
I need to do better on my DD's, I have a hard time staying at 500 cals.
Thanks to all the veteran posters on here, like Beeb and Sophiethecat....reading your posts has helped so much.
cynthm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
If you are still eating carbs, the water weight has not left again. What you've lost is FAT!

That's a great first week, IMO. Congratulations!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Yes, what Dawn said. Water is a component of glycogen. If your glycogen stores are depleted because you're eating low carb, you lose some water weight. If you are eating carbs, you have a high level of glycogen and thus have that water weight. This never changes as long as you stay carbed up. You could test this, if you wanted to, by going low carb again and watching yourself drop 3-5 pounds.

I'm not suggesting that, I'm just saying.

That's the downside of using the scale as our main determiner of how well we're doing, we don't know what the losses are comprised of: water, fat, muscle, or what. The scale is only one tool that we should be using. If you haven't measured yourself, please do yourself a favor and do so now. Many many have reported that the scale shows little to no losses for a period of time but the inches come flying off. If you don't know your measurements, you won't know if this is happening for you.

So, in short, yes, I'd say you're normal and you've lost weight. While eating the foods you want to eat and dieting only every other day. Welcome to the dark side. Heh heh.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
If you are still eating carbs, the water weight has not left again. What you've lost is FAT!

That's a great first week, IMO. Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Yes, what Dawn said. Water is a component of glycogen. If your glycogen stores are depleted because you're eating low carb, you lose some water weight. If you are eating carbs, you have a high level of glycogen and thus have that water weight. This never changes as long as you stay carbed up. You could test this, if you wanted to, by going low carb again and watching yourself drop 3-5 pounds.

I'm not suggesting that, I'm just saying.

That's the downside of using the scale as our main determiner of how well we're doing, we don't know what the losses are comprised of: water, fat, muscle, or what. The scale is only one tool that we should be using. If you haven't measured yourself, please do yourself a favor and do so now. Many many have reported that the scale shows little to no losses for a period of time but the inches come flying off. If you don't know your measurements, you won't know if this is happening for you.

So, in short, yes, I'd say you're normal and you've lost weight. While eating the foods you want to eat and dieting only every other day. Welcome to the dark side. Heh heh.

What these smart gals said!!

Go get yourself some tight-fitting "progress pants" as soon as you can, too.

/broken record
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Ladies! Everything you said makes perfect sense! Maybe one day I will go back to lc for a day or so and test it out, but right now I don't need the mental setback of losing a couple pounds, then gaining it back the next day....one of my least favorite things while on lc! Thanks KeirasMom and LunaLoca, for the positive feedback; I love reading your posts. Sheridan, I have a pair of boardshorts that I wore a few years back, and can no longer fit into...sounds like a weird item to want to fit into, I know, but they are very unforgiving in fit and non-stretchy, so I know when I can fit into those, I'm well on my way to goal!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthm View Post
Sheridan, I have a pair of boardshorts that I wore a few years back, and can no longer fit into...sounds like a weird item to want to fit into, I know, but they are very unforgiving in fit and non-stretchy, so I know when I can fit into those, I'm well on my way to goal!
Good deal! You will!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
WTG, Cynthm, you are off to a great start! From the looks of your post, JUDDD is working already for you and now all you have to do it KUTGW and let the fat keep melting away Congrats, and let us know your progress. And I second the suggestion to take measurements! Those and how your clothes look and fit are a better gauge than even the scales can be. KUTGW my JUDDD bud!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Sophie!!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:10 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Cynthm! You are rockin'!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Ugggg....back up to 162 today after UD! Trying not to be discouraged by such a big bounce, but it's hard....panic mode about too many carbs is starting to set in. Too much banana bread yesterday! I though I could make it and just eat one piece like a normal person, but noooo, I revert to LC behavior, ie, "I'm not allowed to have this and won't have it again for ages....eat, eat!" Big sigh. I also had soup with loads of chicken stock. Guess that didn't help the water retention, huh?
Old 07-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Ugggg....back up to 162 today after UD! Trying not to be discouraged by such a big bounce, but it's hard....panic mode about too many carbs is starting to set in. Too much banana bread yesterday! I though I could make it and just eat one piece like a normal person, but noooo, I revert to LC behavior, ie, "I'm not allowed to have this and won't have it again for ages....eat, eat!" Big sigh. I also had soup with loads of chicken stock. Guess that didn't help the water retention, huh?
It will be OK, Sweetie! Really! It will! Just enjoy your good DD today and don't stress out about anything.

Remember that as the SIR genes become activate and the sirtuin enzymes build up in your body, one of the jobs they do is prevent storage of extra calories as fat. It's important to get the kidneys working because those extra calories get flushed out through the kidneys.

Your bounce up on the scale today is likely ALL water retention. Seriously!

Make some green tea and pour it over ice and drink, drink, drink. Squeeze in some fresh lemon if you have it. Try to drink lots of iced green tea all day if you can. (You will have to visit the little girls' room often, but you will be peeing away the potential fat! so, "suffering for the cause.")

Do something wonderful for yourself on DDs like today. Paint your toe nails, take a mineral bath, read a good book you have been wanting to get into.

But whatever you do, don't stress! You enjoyed that banana bread! It was a good thing, not a bad thing!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
What Yam-Yam said!!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Thank you! I'll keep reading this over and over, YamYam, until I convince myself it'll be okay. I love your advice about doing something nice for yourself on DD...that's actually such a simple, but perfect way to do DDs.....get a reward for a DD, wonderful! The rest of the banana bread went to the coworkers today, so they are happy!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thank you! I'll keep reading this over and over, YamYam, until I convince myself it'll be okay. I love your advice about doing something nice for yourself on DD...that's actually such a simple, but perfect way to do DDs.....get a reward for a DD, wonderful! The rest of the banana bread went to the coworkers today, so they are happy!
Atta Girl!!! Did you read this thread that Kimberly posted? Click on the article in her first post and it will get big enough to read:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/at...92287157_n.jpg

One of the things I started loving about DDs is the peaceful feeling of having some "me" time. Instead of fussing about what to eat when and should I or shouldn't I eat this or that...I can relax into the day.

Some of the things I enjoy: Trying on clothes, putting the "too big" ones in a donation box; checking out how I look in the smaller ones in my big closet mirrors; going to the pool for a swim and then sitting under an umbrella and reading magazines; taking a jacuzzi bath with lavender bath salts; hanging out on the JUDD forum and not feeling guilty about "wasting" time! ha!; Organizing some messy drawers or closets; catching up with friends and family on the phone or through e-mail; making lists and plans for upcoming events and obligations....DDs are a good catch up time with no stress; sipping on some SF, FF hot chocolate w/ EVCO stirred in....you get the picture! the word for the day is RELAX and enjoy!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, I think I linked right to the article in that last link. Here is the link to the whole thread as well:

Dont give up cuz you failed one day~