Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/118-123
WOE: JUDDD
Taking a break from JUDD

As some of you may know from my posts, I have been struggling with controlling my carbs on JUDD. I am having a very hard time counting calories and carbs at the same time. The freedom of having carbs on JUDD makes me out of control with my carb cravings and I am going way over my allowed JUDD calories (which defeats the purpose of the diet). I really tried to stay low carb on JUDD but it is not working. I am taking a break from all the counting and going back to Atkins for some time and plan on adding either IF or fast 5 or MUDD a couple of times a week. Maybe one day I will try JUDD again. Right now I just have to get this under control before I regain all the weight I have lost so far.
Just wanted to say Big Thank you to all of you who supported me along the way. Wishing you all a great success!!!

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 07-02-2012 at 12:03 AM..
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Hi Marika, I've had the same problem. As soon as I added in carbs again, I got of control... I'm on hcg again, and I will try to not add carbs back inn. They are not healthy for me anyway, so it should be not that hard.... Good luck to you!!!
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:17 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
to both of you!

What is right for one person is not always right for another. I hope you each find the WOE that results in healthy, svelte bodies and calm, peaceful minds. Drop by JUDDD any time!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:42 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Right there with ya, Tobelow -- I started on induction level carbs today (I'd been doing lowish carbs, about 45 or fewer grams a day). I am hoping I can actually get to goal this way -- if not, I may be giving another go to some form of JUDDD, but I am hoping this works for us!
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Good luck to you all!! Report back please when you can. Our paths may be different but our goals are the same.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Good luck to you all, and we will miss you, so drop in often to tell us your progress. There is no one way for everyone and that is one of the things I love here. Tolerance.

Happy losing!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I do understand and wish you the best Marika & Rebecca. I have the same issues with wheat & sugar carbs. I can't see that I will ever be able to have them in my life except for on special occasions. When I get to goal, I will slowly add some of these back in, but will be watching how I do very closely.

I experimented with adding sugar and wheat and found that I had hunger that was out of control on the following DD. It was with this issue that I decided to go back to clean eating and live what I know works for me.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
My best wishes for success to all!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Fingers crossed that you can find a way to get the scale moving in the right direction.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #10
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
Good luck to you both. Sometimes what seems like a good plan ....it just isn't "good" for our particular bodies or lifestyles. You will find what works for you.
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Good luck to both of you. Stop by and say hi.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:58 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SpinDizzie
Stats: 283/203/130
WOE: Moderate Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: 6/4/12 start:205 current:202
Oh, I am totally having the same problem! I'm back on induction levels of carbs, but I don't think I have to let go of the alternate day technique. I just need to stay far, far, away from grains and lovely, lovely, potatoes, lol.
SpinDizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:51 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lylydvd
why don't you combine atkins with juddd..???
lylydvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:21 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDizzie View Post
Oh, I am totally having the same problem! I'm back on induction levels of carbs, but I don't think I have to let go of the alternate day technique. I just need to stay far, far, away from grains and lovely, lovely, potatoes, lol.
Hang in there. There are many who have combined LC and VLC with JUDDD successfully. I don't, but would if I felt the need to do so. It would not be a hard fix for me.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/118-123
I went down to 10 gr of carbs yesterday and I was not hungry at all. I think I need to get this carb monster out of my system and will try JUDD again after my carb rehab . I think I will have to raise my DD calories to 800 to be able to do JUDD and Atkins at the same time and increase my UD slightly as needed, without feeling guilty. The problem with me is my attitude of "all or nothing", so when I go over my calories one day I am like "oh well, let me have some more since I already messed it up so badly". So then I reach for carby foods and from there it goes down the hill. I can't control my appetite.

I don't know why am I trying to do JUDD with only 35% in the calculator. I am unnecessary shooting myself in the foot. I know I can go higher since I am close the goal and could almost be in maintenance calories. I was first trying to get to my goal weight before I went to maintenance, but maybe that's were I went wrong.

I think my hormones are to blame here as well. My cycles are usually 35-45 days so my PMS food cravings last from 2-4 weeks I have seeing numerous doctors but all they can prescribe is BC pills. For the past few month, I have been taking herb called Vitex, which is supposed to regulate the cycles. It never did anything for me. I started reading more about it and it turns out I was not taking enough, so yesterday I have raised my dosage and hope it will make a difference.
I wish I was tolerating L-glutamine as I read it is great for cravings (but I don't do well with it) I think maybe I need to go back to taking chromium. I used to take it, but enough I guess.

I was not too happy this morning, when I saw a 3 lb jump on the scale , but am not surprised since I ate like a horse for the past few days.
I am still hoping I will be able to do JUDD again. I love the feeling I get on DD (when I am not PMSing, of course).

Hopefully the atkins induction will clear my brain fog and I will be able to think clear and make wiser choices when I go back to JUDD.

My goodness, I have just written a novel

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 07-03-2012 at 12:29 PM..
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Marika PMS is the issue for many on ANY WOE! Add to that a carb overload and you have uncontrollable hunger. I have seen this with many here as well on other WOE plans.

Please come back and try 45% DD, because as you see by watching Vanessa and others who have made goal, they continue to lose even on maintenance level. That is the beauty of the JUDDD plan.

Also, with you being so close to goal, you may find that you actually go well below what you had hoped for as we saw happened with Redhead!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)

It does sound like you need to banish the carb monster then, if you decide to return to JUDDD, do so at near-maintenance levels. I think you have a good plan. You can do it!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote