Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pookie_13
Stats: 252/188/150 ? Down 5.3 lb on JUDDDD
WOE: SouthBeach, Atkins, Now JUDDD 6-29-12!
Start Date: July 5, 2010
So....July 4 will fall on a DD? Rats!

So, we were invited to a July 4 BBQ and I realized that it will be on a DD Is there a way to work around that without screwing up my first week on JUDDD? If not, I'll just manage, but it might be nice to have a glass of wine or a little extra nibbles since it will be a party.

I saw someone post about a MD - which I am assuming means a Medium Day? How do you plan those? Would it work to do UD, DD, UD, MD, DD? The other thing I had thought was just doing DD calories until the party (it's not till 6:00) and then doing MD for dinner?

Whew! I know I'm making it more complicated than it needs to be! I ordered the book and it's on the way! Then I can stop asking crazy newbie questions - - - right?

Thanks everyone for all of the info and answering my questions!
-Pookie
pookie_13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Just had another thought with this question. What if I keep my UD, DD schedule the same and just do my walking on my DD to allow for a few extra calories on July 4? I walk 7-8 miles on my big day and 3-5 on my lower day. Maybe that would create an appropriate calorie deficit and make it still a down day if I had a glass of wine, nibbles?? What do you think?
Old 07-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
There are many ways to approach this. You could insert a MD (yes this stands for medium day) to change your rotation so that the 4th falls on an UD. So if today's an UD for you, then you'd have a DD tomorrow, MD Tuesday, then the 4th on Wednesday would be an UD. Or you could eat at a higher % on your DD on the 4th, up to 45 or 50%, which would be close to MD calories anyway, and if you save most of them for your dinner party it would be doable. Or you could not worry about the rotation and choose to do a Fast 5 type of thing just for that day and fast until dinner and then eat for the party and get right back in rotation after that. Only you can decide what will work better you, but having a plan in place before you get to that day is definitely a good idea. Whatever plan you choose may affect weight loss a bit, or it may not, but you get to choose what works well for you and in any case, it's a learning experience as to how your body will react, which is helpful because these type of events and situations will always come up.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
It's very simple. It is I'll advised to break with rotation for the first 2-4 weeks on Juddd. The 4th is about your friends and the fire works not the food. As you continue on this woe you will find that there will always seem to be a reason to break your rotations. So it's easier to start off on the right foot and go from there. I'm sure you will still have a wonderful 4th and have a great weigh in.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
There are many ways to approach this. You could insert a MD (yes this stands for medium day) to change your rotation so that the 4th falls on an UD. So if today's an UD for you, then you'd have a DD tomorrow, MD Tuesday, then the 4th on Wednesday would be an UD. Or you could eat at a higher % on your DD on the 4th, up to 45 or 50%, which would be close to MD calories anyway, and if you save most of them for your dinner party it would be doable. Or you could not worry about the rotation and choose to do a Fast 5 type of thing just for that day and fast until dinner and then eat for the party and get right back in rotation after that. Only you can decide what will work better you, but having a plan in place before you get to that day is definitely a good idea. Whatever plan you choose may affect weight loss a bit, or it may not, but you get to choose what works well for you and in any case, it's a learning experience as to how your body will react, which is helpful because these type of events and situations will always come up.
Several great suggestions!!!

Some people don't compromise their DDs for any reason.
It's up to you if you want to be that strict.
The rotation & low calories of the 2-week JUDDD "induction" are intended to build up those SIRT genes quickly; but they will build up no matter what kind of IFing (intermittent fasting) you do. It just may take a bit longer.
There's a diagram in post 43: How many are doing MDs?

If you have lots of events in the summer and on the weekends, you will need to come up with a plan on how to deal with these!

If, after July 4th, you don't have anything going on for a couple weeks, you could always re-do the induction. Unlike Atkins or other diets, the JUDDD induction is not harmful and shouldn't lose its effectiveness if repeated.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I have found it easier for me to keep up with just doing the rotation UD/DD. If I have an event in the evening, I fast all day and eat conservatively at the event. Nobody notices what other people are eating at social gatherings. Too much socializing going on.
You have to make a personal decision as to what you are going to do for events in your life. It is your decision. My decision was to just UD/DD my way through.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
The fourth is a DD for me and it's my birthday.

I'm keeping to my rotation. I might allow slightly higher calories, like maintenance level, but I'm sticking to my guns on my down day.

Plus I get two celebrations this way--we're celebrating with DH and I on the third (up day) and with my parents on the fifth (up day). See what I did there?

It really is up to you and I hope whatever you choose to do that you are happy with the results.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
The fourth is a DD for me too, and I'm sticking to my rotations. However, this coming up weekend is a mini-vacation out of town, and all bets are off then!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well i for one say.. Go for it..Why you ask? Because life is short.. And this is a way of life..Not a quick fix.. If you go check out the calories in Johnsons site.. a DD can go from 350 to as high as 800 or so and do no harm to ones plan..So i have used this idea so that i may live with JUDDD and not feel like i am miiissing anything..Life is meant to be ejoyed and if that means eating a lil more on a dd then you normally would,, So be it,, it is not the end of the world,, and it does not undo all of your hard work in one meal..So IMO.. Go look at how many caloires are at 45 % weight loss and save those caloires just for that event,, and enjoy it!
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Well i for one say.. Go for it..Why you ask? Because life is short.. And this is a way of life..Not a quick fix.. If you go check out the calories in Johnsons site.. a DD can go from 350 to as high as 800 or so and do no harm to ones plan..So i have used this idea so that i may live with JUDDD and not feel like i am miiissing anything..Life is meant to be ejoyed and if that means eating a lil more on a dd then you normally would,, So be it,, it is not the end of the world,, and it does not undo all of your hard work in one meal..So IMO.. Go look at how many caloires are at 45 % weight loss and save those caloires just for that event,, and enjoy it!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Ladies! Lots of great advice here and I really appreciate it. That being said, I'm still waffling between just sticking to my DD and doing a little extra exercise in the morning to give me a cushion. I don't typically eat much at these type of events anyway because there tends to be a lot of carb-heavy stuff. I'm hoping they'll have their volleyball net up as this party is where I finally got so disgusted with myself (in 2010) to do something about it. The diet started on July 5, 2010 and I am down ~60 pounds since then and would love to feel like I can play without looking like an out of shape blob!

Thanks again for the advice!
-Pookie
Old 07-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie_13 View Post
Thanks, Ladies! Lots of great advice here and I really appreciate it. That being said, I'm still waffling between just sticking to my DD and doing a little extra exercise in the morning to give me a cushion. I don't typically eat much at these type of events anyway because there tends to be a lot of carb-heavy stuff. I'm hoping they'll have their volleyball net up as this party is where I finally got so disgusted with myself (in 2010) to do something about it. The diet started on July 5, 2010 and I am down ~60 pounds since then and would love to feel like I can play without looking like an out of shape blob!

Thanks again for the advice!
-Pookie
How very exciting that you are 60 pounds less than you were then! The volleyball will be a great distraction from the food, right? I love Kimberly's advice about checking out 45% of your DD calories and having that number in your head. Then you can really enjoy yourself and still be having a DD and stick to your rotations.

I know when I did this (I used 35% as my DD max) when I had social dinners to attend it actually relaxed me. With no stress, I always end up eating way less than I thought I would just being happy with a glass of wine and some lean protein and maybe a small salad. Have fun, Girl! Show off that new and improved rockin' body on the volley ball court!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Yes pookie I too think it is fab that you weigh 60 lbs less than the last time you went to this party. You should feel very proud and amazing.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
I survived!!! I went close maintenance cals (I usually hang at 30-35%, but went to 40% today.) I think I did pretty well! Drank LOTS of stevia sweetened iced tea!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by circusgirl View Post
I survived!!! I went close maintenance cals (I usually hang at 30-35%, but went to 40% today.) I think I did pretty well! Drank LOTS of stevia sweetened iced tea!
Way to go!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Yay! I hope you had a wonderful time!!!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by circusgirl View Post
I survived, too! I might have gone over my 500 calories, but not by much! It was WAAaaaaYYYyYyyYYyy too hot at 102 for Volleyball, so no extra exercise. lots of ice water and it was fun!

Happy 4th of July everyone!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Really awesome that you had fun AND that you went 60 lbs lighter! WTG
Old 07-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Ya the 4th was wayyyyyyyyy to hot i had the opposite problem,, for me,, it was an UD.. and dummy me.. waited to eat with the BBQ at 2pm.. and once i did that.. i felt ill from the heat and had one heck of a time trying to get my UD numbers in.. i fell shy of my number by almost 1000 calories..(not on purpose) was just way way to hot to eat.. I am glad that you girls has made the most of your day and ejjoyed good food and friends~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote