Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January March ate LC/LC
July Chat Thread - Please Drop In!

I hope its okay for me to start the July Chat Thread. Ive been pretty busy house remodeling to post as often as I would like this past month, however I do try to get on to read. Just getting onto this site and keeping in touch with people here is such a help in this journey.

This morning I noticed a wonderful, impressive milestone and wanted to give a shout out...

Dawn AKA KeirasMom is sporting a NEW number on her weight loss ticker! I am so happy for her. Hugs to you Dawn and a BIG CONGRATS!

NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Thanks for starting this up, NoWeigh! This will be Week 2 on JUDDD for me, so I need to give this time for me to read, understand, and utilize.

Today is UD for me - I don't know what we're having to eat for lunch but we are having steak and crablegs for dinner - can't wait!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Thanks NoWeigh! This is a big one for me. Now I'm "just" overweight. Next milestone will be Onederland, then on to GOAL!

Bronwyn, your dinner sounds divine!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Hello NoWeigh and Dawn

Nice to "meet" you Bronwyn!

Dawn, I was wondering if you might get to change to that nice round number soon! congratulations. So smart of NoWeigh to catch it.

NoWeigh are you doing a whole house remodel or certain rooms? I hope it is not as hot for you as it is here - we are sweltering and I wouldn't like to have a big household project going right now! We need to pull the drapes and hibernate!

I really think the weather is affecting us more than we realize sometimes - both with how we feel (breathing, even) and also my weight loss efforts, etc.

Bronwyn, as much as I admire those who always know exactly what they are going to eat, I seldom do, and always have gaps to fill. I do a little better on a DD.

seabreezes, if you check in, are you still in therapy? Hope you see light at the end of the tunnel on that!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Thanks for asking about me. The third surgery on the elbow was a success. The fixator was removed from the wrist so am now trying to get the fingers to move as well as the elbow. The staples from the last surgery will come out in a week and then I can get into a pool and try to get more exercise. The leg still needs to be in the brace for two more months, but I can hobble around with a crutch. I will start to see an occupational therapist next week. I'm probably to gentle on myself and need to cause more pain when moving the hand and fingers

I will get there!

My weight is at the lowest it has been! I try to eat less one one day and more the next. People have been bringing us food. Not always sure of calorie count, but am just not sitting here saying poor me and eating to compensate. I go through lots of small bottles of water.

Hugs to ALL
Old 07-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Thanks for asking about me. The third surgery on the elbow was a success. The fixator was removed from the wrist so am now trying to get the fingers to move as well as the elbow. The staples from the last surgery will come out in a week and then I can get into a pool and try to get more exercise. The leg still needs to be in the brace for two more months, but I can hobble around with a crutch. I will start to see an occupational therapist next week. I'm probably to gentle on myself and need to cause more pain when moving the hand and fingers

I will get there!

My weight is at the lowest it has been! I try to eat less one one day and more the next. People have been bringing us food. Not always sure of calorie count, but am just not sitting here saying poor me and eating to compensate. I go through lots of small bottles of water.

Hugs to ALL
You are such an inspiration to be dealing with all that and STILL losing weight.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeeOne
Stats: 308/222/195
WOE: Moderate carbs/JUDDD
Start Date: 2012 Start: 5 May Mod LC/ 1 Jul JUDDD
Congrats Dawn & thank you for the July newbies welcome. Its my First day on Judd & starting off with an ud which isnt going to be easy as i've been strugging to reach 1000 doing moderate carb the past week. I'm holding off on introducing too many treats for the first week as I'm scared of a junk carb frenzy, really tempting but i know i wont stop.
My next goal is to aim for 30 posts to get a signature as I rarely post on forums, but this one is so friendly it's loverly
DeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post

I will get there!

Hugs to ALL
Seabreezes, hugs to you. Hoping you feel better soon and also amazed at how well you're doing despite the difficulties.

Also, congrats to Dawn!!! This is an important milestone, and I'm so happy for you!!!
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January March ate LC/LC
Bronwyn, I hope that youre enjoying the same wonderful JUDDD magic as so many of us! Its an UD for me too, so Im wondering if you have any room at the table for that wonderful dinner tonight?

Dawn, your progress honestly movtivates me. Your posts are ones I hope to see everyday because your ticker keeps on keeping on and it makes me feel good just seeing that. Is there even a nickname for the 200s? Im not even there yet (but oh so close), so even thinking of approaching onederland is a dream I do not yet dare to imagine. However your ongoing results make me realize that just continuing on day to day is how success is built. Im 100 miles behind you yet I find your progress is like a shining light on the trail of this journey. Everytime your ticker moves upward I feel like youre holding that light a little higher so those of us coming behind can find our way. Really, it means a lot.

Whitlin,' It seems like were touching every room in the house! It started because we need new flooring throughout most of our 20 year old rambler. While trying to decide on what type of flooring fits our family best our double ovens died. We discovered that trying to buy new ovens to fit into our existing cabinetry was going to be impossible, wed have to have a new cabinet made. While we were deciding how to deal with matching our existing cabinets, the cooktop blew up! LOL. Weve always wanted to take down the wall between the kitchen and family room and we realized that like it or not we were now facing a kitchen remodel. We finally have our approved plans and now are dealing with cabinet makers/bids. Getting that together is taking some time SOat the moment we are doing a week-long remodel of my sewing room hooray for me, I got to knock down a wall and incorporate an extra 100 square feet into my area and it will have the first of the new flooring for the house. Wallboard is going up in there today and I am probably too optimistic hoping to be painting the area by the 4th of July when my sewing buddy will be here to lend a hand! (:

Seabreezes, Best of wishes on a speedy recovery for you! Lots of gentle hugs to you!

DeeOne, I was actually scared to eat on JUDDD at first, I was paranoid about all types of foods. I dove in anyway thinking I might gain however I lost 15 pounds the first month while eating all types of foods and simply staying within the numbers. Wishing you much magic!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #10

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Dawn you are doing so well in your Maintenance, lol! Such a triumph, I love your attitude, "on to Onderland and then to goal"!

What a great example to us all Seabreezes, you really should post that on the WhooHoo thread, which has been strangely quiet lately. I am so pleased that the surgery has gone so well for you ...

Love all the UK posters appearing here DeeOne, and yes everyone here is just loverly!

Thanks for starting the new thread NoWeigh.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

We had a very bad storm this afternoon, which left us with some broken windows and missing gutters. The power was out for about 3 hours, so no crablegs and steak tonight! After the power came on we went to McD's and right now my calories stand at 1668, which is about 300 calories short of what I am supposed to have. I'm off in search of additional food in the cupboard, though I do not like eating this late at night.

Good night everyone, and thanks again for being so friendly!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Alania
Stats: 196/185/130
Start Date: September 2014
Congrats, Dawn!

(((Seabreezes))) I hope you have a quick recovery!
Alania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:09 AM   #13

Thank you again everyone.

NoWeigh, you are doing phenomenally well and you will make it to your goal. It's hard to think of myself as an inspiration. I just keep on keeping on, and it's working. It doesn't seem all that long ago that I was nearly 300 pounds. As a matter of fact, I didn't weigh until I started Atkins in October last year. Who knows how high I actually was?

WE can do this, all of us.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:45 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Seabreezes, sending you all the best for healing well and quickly.
Bronwyn, welcome! (I loved the name Bronwyn SO desperately when I first heard it as a kid that my mum agreed to call me Bronwyn for a while. It lasted for a few weeks. I'll bet she got tired of it before I did.)
And Dawn, I'm so, so happy for you. You are an incredible inspiration and ambassador for this WOE. (Not to mention a worthy ambassador for Wendy's. I would investigate the potential financial benefits of that one if I were you. Worked for the sub guy.)
Old 07-02-2012, 06:47 AM   #15
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Congrats to all.
I've been off plan the past few weeks but will "get my stuff together" soon, I hope. (stressed).

Not to bring the mood down, but if you guys could spare some good thoughts for my dog, she's not doing well and has been at the vets since Friday. We should find out today or tomorrow if she's going to pull through or if we have to let her go
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:55 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Dottie, love, love, love, love to your dog and to you.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Dottie, so sorry about your furry friend. Sending love and prayers for her recovery.

Just rolling along here. Managed to enjoy our VBS potluck last night and stay within high maint dd cals. Looks like I get to claim 124 now. That's exciting.

Dawn, I am so pleased to watch your progress down, down, down. So thrilled for you.

Hi to everyone else.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that, Dottie. It's always so hard to deal with sick pups. Hope your baby improves soon.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #19

Dottie, I will send love and healing for your dog, we love our pets so much.

Yes, I agree, Bronwyn is a lovely name. I am really a Welshwoman, although I haven't lived there since I was tiny and don't have a Welsh accent. I love all things Welsh and most of their names too. Do you have Welsh ancestry Browyn? Sorry about the storm, sounds pretty bad.

So enjoying this break in France, we needed it after the three months watching my FIL lose the will to live. It has been so healing.

It is interesting but I have enjoyed the restrictions of JUDDD in a way too. I have been bending the rules, with some MUDDDing and some IF, but it is quite a good feeling not to pig out on everything simply because it is there.

Everything I have eaten has been delicious, and one good thing about Europe is that the portions are sensible, not huge. Today I am not eating until dinner and although my tummy has made a few complaints I can live with it, good black coffee and some water have done the trick. I even managed while DH ate the loveliest Goat's Cheese salad at lunchtime. It is a favourite of mine too.

JUDDD has helped me make my peace with food.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html

Last edited by Kissa; 07-02-2012 at 07:30 AM..
Old 07-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Dottie, your whole family (pets count) are in my thoughts and prayers.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #21

Dottie, I'm sending you and your four-legged friend all the best, healing energy I have. I know all too well what you're going through.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Dottie
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Dottie.. a prayer for your beloved pet.. They are like family and its hard when they are not doing well.. DAWN!!! 70 gone omg~ WTG..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #24

Thread jack.... Kimberley, tell me about the photo in your siggie?
Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Good Afternoon!

It's hard to keep up with all the threads I've subscribed to lately, so forgive me if I am MIA once in a while.

Joyjoy and kissa - I wish 'Brownyn' was my real name but it is really a favorite of mine. My real name is Anne. Much of my family is from County Sligo, Ireland but there could be some Welsh through in there, too! I'm second generation American on one side of my family and third on the other, mixed in with 1/4 German as well!

I wish I had more time to post but it's hard to do on my lunch hour and my husband hogs the computer at home, so I do what I can do! Hopefully tomorrow will be a good weigh day!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Thread jack.... Kimberley, tell me about the photo in your siggie?
Well this was at Christmas last dec.. a party i was at,, and i felt real thin.. till i saw my photo and then i finally "saw" How heavy i had gotten.. So this was 42 pounds ago..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #27
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Thanks everyone for the kind words and thoughts.
So far it looks pretty good. She is definitely diabetic and will need insulin 2x daily, but he vet is very optimistic that, once we get her firmly into insulin therapy, that many of her other problems will improve.
I love my girl, she's been such an amazing companion for our family.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #28

I am so pleased Dottie, I know of so many animals who adapt well to insulin shots.

Kimberly that explains it, I was fairly certain that you are a lot smaller now. X
Old 07-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

I'm sorry about your girl but the prognosis sounds positive. I've had to give our dog/puppies shots before and think it hurt me more than it hurt them.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Thinking of your girl, Dottie.

Dawn, I've been noticing your stats and how you are SO CLOSE to Onederland! This is soooo exciting and we will party with you when you get here!

Hello to one and all - have a great July my JBs!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote