Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Dottie, to your mum
Micro, to your DDs. Mine were better each time. I knew I'd be okay after about 5 of them, but that's also when I raised them from 320 to 4-500. Couldn't hack the 320. That number still makes me laugh.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Dottie, Dawn, big, big hugs. Wishing all those you care for the best outcomes.

Vanilla, thread Killa, we love you here, bloated or not.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Sounds like a bad 90's rapper's name Vanilla thread killa
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Dottie, praying for your mom and doggie.

Dawn, praying for your friends. I know your visit will mean a lot to both of them.

I'm 300 calories short of goal today, and so stuffed there is absolutely no change I can get them in.

I'm a bit worried I'm somehow slowing my metabolism or something. I've never been able to do less than 500 cal DD's, except within the past week or so I've been under 400 with no problem on several days. And I'm having even more trouble than usual with eating up to my 1500+ UD cals. Today, I just couldn't make myself do it. I feel so horribly bloated if I do. Even at 1200 I feel like my stomach is puffed way out (700 of those were for supper). I know all the tricks for adding fats and getting calories up, it's just sometimes more effort than I have in me to do. I didn't even get all my CO in today (which I don't count, but I could pretend I did and get to my calorie numbers, lol).

How bad is this going to mess me up?
Old 07-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I can't answer whether you should make yourself eat more or how eating less might affect you, but if you're feeling a lot of bloating...do you take digestive enzymes? They help me a lot with that discomfort!

I'm sure you're very busy as it is, but perhaps 10minutes of walking or other exercise shortly after eating could help, too. I know if I laze around after eating (not implying that YOU are lazy!!!) then get moving later, it feels like I haven't even begun digesting my food at all yet--even if it's been a couple hours!

If you're worried that your metabolism is slowing down, weight lifting/resistance exercise could keep it revved up. I know it's a time issue for a lot of people, but it doesn't have to be a lengthy workout; I feel like I get a lot more out of a 10-min kettlebell workout than a 30-45min walk.
New lows, 2014:
6/29 282.8
7/07 280.2
7/14 276.8

Last edited by piratejenny; 07-12-2012 at 08:32 PM..
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
I don't believe for a minute you are messing yourself up, Tina.

One smart, healthy move you are making, in my opinion, is choosing your new video workout and starting to enjoy it. That is not only cheerful, it is excellent for your metabolism and well being. Benefits to come!

Are you hanging on to any ideas that don't apply to you any more now that you are a maintainer? Do you need to "place" more calories back into your mornings, for instance, or at lunch? I have taken some advice here and have been trying out the idea of no breakfast sometimes while trying to lose weight. But for a maintainer, that's no longer important. Anything going on like that? (Fishing here - just wondering if it will jog some thoughts for you.)

Lots of admiration for you and appreciation that you've offered so much wisdom here. You'll be fine!!!

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Dottie, Dawn, hoping for good things for those you love and sending BIG your way!

I haven't felt very chatty the past couple of days. Every time I try to write something it just seems like I can't find the right words. The weather has really warmed up here and I think I'm feeling the blahs a bit, probably related to water retention -- at least that's my story! Even my dogs are feeling lazy.

Tomorrow is an UD, that means a weighing day for me. At the moment, I can barely get my rings off so I'm anticipating any loss may well be hiding for now. I'm not worrying though, I know what's going on...I just might be saving up for a whoosh one day soon.

Anyway, just a Hi and Hugs to all of you!
Connie
Old 07-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I can't answer whether you should make yourself eat more or how eating less might affect you, but if you're feeling a lot of bloating...do you take digestive enzymes? They help me a lot with that discomfort!

If you're worried that your metabolism is slowing down, weight lifting/resistance exercise could keep it revved up. I know it's a time issue for a lot of people, but it doesn't have to be a lengthy workout; I feel like I get a lot more out of a 10-min kettlebell workout than a 30-45min walk.
I do take digestive enzymes, and it mostly isn't a bloated feeling, just very very full. I did just start Callanetics yesterday, so hoping that will build some muscle and rev up my metabolism. It's been WAY too hot to go out and walk lately, but I want to start that up again when it cools down a bit. Thanks for the thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
Are you hanging on to any ideas that don't apply to you any more now that you are a maintainer? Do you need to "place" more calories back into your mornings, for instance, or at lunch? I have taken some advice here and have been trying out the idea of no breakfast sometimes while trying to lose weight. But for a maintainer, that's no longer important. Anything going on like that? (Fishing here - just wondering if it will jog some thoughts for you.)
This is interesting to ponder. I had taken to skipping breakfast on DD's, but still ate on UD's. However breakfast is usually a smoothie made with almond milk, a few berries, and sun warrior protein powder (usually around 140 cals). I do add 1 T coconut oil to it, but I haven't been counting CO calories--so I suppose I could count them and make myself feel better about meeting calories. LOL And lunch is usually a salad with lots of veggies and a piece of whatever protein was leftover from the prior night's supper. Usually somewhere around 250 cals. I don't eat sweets, grains, starchy veggies, or frankenfoods. I used to do more snacking, but don't seem to find myself hungry between meals very often. But I may need to be more deliberate about a 3pm snack.

So today is a DD and I went ahead and had my smoothie, rather than fasting till lunch.

I'll keep thinking on this. In some respects, I think mentally I'm still in wlm, and a little panicky about potential scale creep. So I'm afraid to just enjoy and let go a bit. Might need to think on that some more.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Tina, your thought process is inspiring. I don't know what the hell to do with maintenance, yet. So far it looks like falling off the wagon and climbing back on over and over, which is all I've ever known with eating. I don't own this new phase yet. So thanks for thinking out loud. it's very helpful.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Tina - I feel very much like you do!

I feel so big in the tummy! I do not "go" like I should these days either! I have all kinds of stuff from Walmart and Walgreens but right now nothing is working for me It seems like for a while I took fiber pills from WM and they now have stopped working for me. Then got metamucill (spelling ??) and the same thing. All this "no go" is what is making me feel so "PG" looking!

I have also gained 3 #'s and so far only have lost about 1/2 # of that!

Wishing us both a better feeling soon!

Leona
Old 07-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
((Leona)), do be sure you are not neglecting veggies. I found out I need them, especially on DDs! Just to give you an idea, I usually have:

an omelet as full of chopped peppers/onions as I can get it,
a big tossed salad with cukes and maybe tomato,
and at evening, baked potato w sour cream OR baked sweet potato
for about 450 calories.
(coconut oil to fry omelet and 1/2 CO and butter on sweet potato)

(CO also helps with that "no go" situation!)

Big hugs!!!!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Sounds like a bad 90's rapper's name Vanilla thread killa
- love it!!

I kicked myself in the tushie this morning because I was looking at myself nekkid in the mirror (no, this is not a hobby ), and despite the bloat pounds from the surgery, I marveled at the healing that is going on inside that I cannot see. I felt downright ashamed at my vent at not being able to lose the weight. This miraculous body that I was blessed with has been through some major trauma and the fact that it is healing well should make me happy beyond belief. Extra poundage or not. So, I'll just plug along, eat a few more calories on my DD and let my body so more healing before I begun judging the crap out of it.

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tonkasmama25
Stats: 135/114/115 5'2"
WOE: LC for years and then switched to JUDDD
Start Date: LC 8/9/10 ....JUDDD 7/5/12 <3
I've been at this only a week but I absolutely love it! Is it weird to enjoy a DD more than an UD?
Tonkasmama25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
OK folks. I have confused myselftoday. I had a big old zucchini omelet for breakfast. So I just finished off a protein shake with gluc becasue I forgot it was an UD. That was my breakfast for tomorrow that I had already fixed and put in the frig. Guess being really busy this morning made me forget about food. That is a first.

I will be gone to a craft show for a few days and I have all of my food for DD and UD in my cooler ready to go. See you when I get back.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope you make a goatload of money!!!

Old 07-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Addi, you know sirt is working overtime when you forget if it's an UD or DD. LOL. Have fun at the craft show.

Joy and Leo, glad my musings are helpful to you. In many ways, I think maintenance can be more of a struggle (at least mentally) than wlm. I've been trying to lose weight most of my adult life. That's the normal state of affairs. Maintaining is the new thing.

Leo--I can have that issue sometimes too. Magnesium is the key for me. Make sure it's any form except oxide if you try it.

Tonkasmama, it's more common than you might think that people like the simplicity of the dd more than the ud. Glad you are with us.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #167

Lol, good one PJ. Have great time Adi.

Well I made Kristen's CO crack. This is so good, why did I wait so long to try it? The new brand of CO I have is fine, so I can enjoy it.

How do I control myself now? Hope the claims are all correct about the calories not counting.

Last edited by Kissa; 07-13-2012 at 10:53 AM..
Old 07-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

PS Tina--I did mean to say that digestive enzymes help with the "very full" feeling.

I don't really know what people mean when they say they feel bloated...I think you used the word in your post, so I used it too!

Well, you say you are already taking them...what brand?
My fav is anything by Source Naturals.
Betaine HCI is good for high protein/low carb meals.
I also take papaya enzymes; they have a more immediate effect.
(Digestive enz seem to work better when I take them regularly for a few days.)
Old 07-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Cindy,
Old 07-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #170

How much can I eat in one day? All of it?
Old 07-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
How much can I eat in one day? All of it?

It's TOO good, isn't it?!!!
And keeping it in the freezer doesn't even work as a deterrent, because it's excellent frozen!

The only thing that keeps me from making and eating a pound of it a day is this summer HEAT!
I don't want to be anywhere near the stove!!!

I made my first batch in a skillet, with coconut sugar, and it got sort of caramelized/chewy...
the second batch I made in a double-boiler & the flavor was fine but it sure didn't have that texture.
I also put in loads of Ceylon cinnamon, some instant espresso, a good bit of cayenne and a pinch of pink Himalayan salt...I can't stop daydreaming about that flavor combo...
Old 07-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I have tried the Magnesium, lots and lots of veggies and the coconut oil but no results

But after I posted I could not go here - it happened

Does this mean i should complain more often
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #173

What a relief
Old 07-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Whew Leo. Often complaining here does seem to get results. Glad things moved along for you.

Kissa, happy you found a cc recipe you like. Maybe you'll have to make it in half batches if it's too tempting to resist.

PJ, you're right I did use that. Sorry. LOL. It's just a different full feeling from what I can when I eat wheat, or during TOM when I feel bloated/gassy. I use a NOW brand. It has the betaine hcl, plus several other things. I could try adding the papaya.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #175

Don't worry, Tina, I am reasonably good at quantity control. I was just amazed how good it was.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
subscribing
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #177

Hi Mary!
Old 07-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #178

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Argh. I opened a soda to have with my lunch and realized they are not diet Sierra Mist, but rather Sierra Mist naturals. While that wouldn't normally be an issue, I had one on Monday (DD) and didn't realize it. My beautiful, under 400 calorie day, is now over 500 calories! 140 calories, not even fully enjoyed, because I didn't realize they weren't "cheating" calories. Today is also a DD, so I had to pour it out and grab a diet Coke instead.

The funny thing is I don't even normally have soda, so twice in one week is crazy for me. Oh well, live and learn.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:57 AM   #179

I hate that, always nervous when the soda comes from a 'post' mix at a restaurant or bar.

Move on.

I was 124.8 this morning after my first DD incorporating CO in the form of JoyBark, as I am going to call it. This has been my DD number since I got back from France so I am quite happy with it.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:07 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
I was 124.8 this morning after my first DD incorporating CO in the form of JoyBark, as I am going to call it. This has been my DD number since I got back from France so I am quite happy with it.
NK you are happy with it!!! Cindy, you are maintaining through a long period of high stress! I knew you were a hero, but you are truly amazing!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote