Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sorry, Up Up and Away Day.... just no calories counted, and for me, often alcohol is included. Fun certainly.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeeOne
Stats: 308/222/195
WOE: Moderate carbs/JUDDD
Start Date: 2012 Start: 5 May Mod LC/ 1 Jul JUDDD
to all the newcomers &
Wonderful to hear its going well for you all & it gets even easier. I'm 2 weeks in & down 6lbs & stopped over thinking it. We all have our days when we wobble, but you can never do too much damage if you quickly get back on plan .
I had a carb blow out yesterday & the scales bounced today, but it was & now I'm back on track.(so no regrets)

@too much: I didnt read the book when I started, there is so much help & info here & what you dont know know is easily answered by the experienced Judders who can tell you how the this Woe works in practice & its invaluable.

I wanted the book ..not really for the diet aspects, but for the SIRT1 science behind it. I see your waiting for a diagnosis & hope it goes well. I've had lupus for 12 years & know about the fatigue & weight gain, So I'm hoping this WOE will help my inflammation, we'll see... but for now, I'm just happy with the weightloss.
DeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #243

Gallery: toomuchbooty
Millergirl-

I am a nerd and I do like science-y things! I think I can piece it together through the forums.

Kissa- He is a keeper! I'm a lucky girl.

I'm so excited to start losing again.
toomuchbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2boysaz
Stats: 5'6" - 188.2/182.4/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: June 23,2012
I am just starting my 2nd week of JUDDD. It seems I've seen more posts dealing with trouble getting used to DDs, but I've done mostly well with keeping my DD at 500 cals. So far, though, I have not counted at all on my UDs. Do I need to count? Granted, I haven't had much in the way of losses this first week, but I do notice that my appetite is not as big as I expect it to be on my UD. I just hate the requirement of calorie counting! That is one of the reasons I haven't been able to stick with other diets, such as Weight Watchers, for any prolonged time. I don't want to have to obsess and measure and weigh every morsel that goes into my mouth. On the DD, it's not a problem counting because there's very little to add up! What are your thoughts? I've considered trying to limit my carbs but haven't yet.
Do you all count on UDs?
mommy2boysaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tonkasmama25
Stats: 135/114/115 5'2"
WOE: LC for years and then switched to JUDDD
Start Date: LC 8/9/10 ....JUDDD 7/5/12 <3
I haven't counted an UD yet and I've been losing fine. I have no problem with counting when weight loss slows but for now, I am enjoying the freedom of not having to count yet.
Tonkasmama25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 164.4/163.2/135? <- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 1/2/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchbooty View Post
Millergirl-

I am a nerd and I do like science-y things! I think I can piece it together through the forums.

Kissa- He is a keeper! I'm a lucky girl.

I'm so excited to start losing again.
TooMuch, you should get it when you can. The science-y stuff is cool!
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:10 AM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now. Helped along by Juddd
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2boysaz View Post
So far, though, I have not counted at all on my UDs. Do I need to count? Granted, I haven't had much in the way of losses this first week, but I do notice that my appetite is not as big as I expect it to be on my UD. I just hate the requirement of calorie counting! That is one of the reasons I haven't been able to stick with other diets, such as Weight Watchers, for any prolonged time. I don't want to have to obsess and measure and weigh every morsel that goes into my mouth. On the DD, it's not a problem counting because there's very little to add up! What are your thoughts? I've considered trying to limit my carbs but haven't yet.
Do you all count on UDs?
Mommy, it's wonderful to hear about your start with JUDDD! I'm interested in your to-count-or-not-to-count question. I had never counted a calorie before starting here, but I was not winning at the weight loss thing. I think I was a bit stuck in denial bout the freakin' truckloads of food I was consuming. So the counting thing was just an honest look in the mirror for me. Estimating would not have worked. Eating to "satisfaction" meant overeating. That's how I ended up overweight for decades.
For some people, not counting works. I hope that's you! (I also hope it's me some day!)
So I'm going to watch your progress and your thoughts on this one, and I'm going to learn. I'm sure your own losses will tell you what you want to know.
I'm so glad you've joined us here. All the best.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:32 AM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
to all my wonderful new JUDDD BUDDDs!!

Re: the book. The book has some issues. One being, it was written in 2007 and the science of Intermittent Fasting/Calorie Restriction/sirtuin genes has come a loooong way since then. It is a very interesting read. But if you want to investigate the science, I encourage you to run internet searches on the key words above (IF, Caloric restriction, longevity gene, SIR genes, sirtuin enzymes, etc).

You LCers prepare to be amazed - IF/CR is ketogenic. On DD your ketostix may turn pink.

The other problem with the book is it bashes LC and parts of it read like standard low-cal yada yada. I read those parts once and now skip over them...I can yada yada enough by myself.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:36 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
As far as counting on UD goes...if you stall or start not feeling so good or don't like your weight loss rate, start counting!! Before then, some of us feel more in control (and that we learn more about our own metabolism) when we count.

For me, I have to count because I seem to naturally slip into eating waaay too little on UD (is that or what?). Appetite suppression is a wonderful thing, but not when it stalls weight loss!

Of course, many people do not have this problem
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:34 AM   #250
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Good morning DD here. I too have a no appitite on UDs. not even a week down yet so I am feeling my way. I think DD are way easier to do but do look forward very much to the UDs.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:26 AM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LindaD
Stats: First time 300/190/160 10/24/2000
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Start JUDDD 6/25/12 254.5/220.5/200
Hi All and to all our new JUDDDers.....glad to see you are all settling in to this new WOE.

I have been JUDDDing for a little over 3 weeks now and I have got to say...it is the easiest plan I have ever been on....and in my 61 years that is a LOT of plans!
I pretty much stick to under 500 cal. on my DDs and try to guesstimate my UD calories...I DO cut off the eating when I think I have had my quota for the day'

I was having issues with getting onto this site yesterday, and I was having withdrawal big time. So glad to be back today.
Have a great day...it's a DD for me....
Old 07-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
Well, this is my 6th day on JUDDD, I've lost 1lb then gained 2! But it's my own fault, I've gone completely nuts with the carbs on the UD and my body has to adjust. I'm bloated and my stomach is not happy. So I'm going to dial it way back on the carb consumption, and stick to fruits, veggies & whole grains. Sugar doesn't seem to bother me but white flour is evil!
Crazy Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #253
Blabbermouth!!!

Carbs. are the big calling as LC for so long......

I think also the heat has dented my appitite. I just ate the left over corn and inst. mashed pots from yesterday- much smaller portions than yesterday so I went ahead and ate them. I also had 2/ 5 cal. jellos/whipped cream. A big
luttuce wedge/ w onions and a dressing for late afternoon. Late supper will be brocoli and cod loins. DD are so simple. UD worry me because I know I need to eat enough to stimulate those hormones but I just do not feel like journaling all my calories. The heat! I am waiting to hear about help with A/C repairs.
bbl
Oh, I plan to weigh weekly after a down day so that would be the first DD after mondays or on monday if that is a day after a DD. Does that make any sense? e.

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 07-17-2012 at 08:22 AM..
Old 07-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolk Mermaid View Post
Oh, I plan to weigh weekly after a down day so that would be the first DD after mondays or on monday if that is a day after a DD. Does that make any sense? e.
Yes it does- either Monday or Tuesday right, whichever comes after a DD? That is what I am going to do.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #255

Nancy- Thank you for those keywords! I will definitely be doing some googling on my downtime at work.

I weighed myself this morning and it was horrible. I can't bring myself to type the number but suffice to say I could stand to lose at least 60lbs if not 80! I have a long road ahead of me.

I'm at the point that I dread going out in public for fear that I will run in to someone I know. I've just gained so much weight it's shocking.

I'm not one for pity parties though...I just have to do it!

Back from Zambia! Pictures on my blog.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #256
Blabbermouth!!!

awwwww, TMB. At my age I really do not much care about been seen anywhere but I DO want to feel as good and have lots energy as is possible and I KNOW, as we all do, that 10 lbs over a realistic (for me 5' 6" 150# size 12 or medium) is not going to feel good and with anything over that it just gets miserable and clothes are just not pretty or fun. MY CASE- not speaking for anyone else about the clothes.
It is so hot and of course the weight does not help at all in that regard as well.
You look perfect in your avatar- tiny in fact. Is that an older picture?
bbl
wanting to clear lots of stuff from my bedroom today.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #257

Thanks Lainey,

I don't carry weight in my face, but that picture is about 1 year old. I've gained back another 40lbs since then.

Clothes have been a big problem for me. I've always worked in fields related to fashion. Right now, I work at a design school! I have to look current and up to date. I have very fashion forward taste, but I don't have the body for it these days. To make matters worse, Vancouver has very few plus size options unless you want to dress very conservatively. I've tried ordering online, but the fit is never very good...I need to try things on. I feel so matronly!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks Lainey,

I don't carry weight in my face, but that picture is about 1 year old. I've gained back another 40lbs since then.

Clothes have been a big problem for me. I've always worked in fields related to fashion. Right now, I work at a design school! I have to look current and up to date. I have very fashion forward taste, but I don't have the body for it these days. To make matters worse, Vancouver has very few plus size options unless you want to dress very conservatively. I've tried ordering online, but the fit is never very good...I need to try things on. I feel so matronly!
I concur- that pic is beautiful.

I totally feel you! I LOVE to have fashionable, cute clothes, and when I am out of my comfort zone weight-wise, I dont want to spend money on nice clothes. And if I buy cheaper clothes, I feel cheap. And matronly. It is such a viscious circle.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshinegirl44
Stats: 339/298/115
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Going Full Blown JUDDD

I have been doing more research and I have gotten tired of LC like I usually do (nothing against LC that is just me I am fickle) looking for some variety and I think going full blast JUDDD is the way to go for me. I am doing a DD and feel really great. I think I have stumbled onto something here that will really work for me and there is a lot of success here. Counting calories is not as bad as I thought it would be It is really kind of fun Plan on buying the book as soon as I can If I had not tried LC again I would not have found JUDDD so it all worked out
Sunshinegirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #260

Expect a bit of a jump on the scales while your body absorbs more water with the addition of the carbs, then, read my siggie!

I love seeing you all getting to 'know' one another here. Such great new JUDDD BUDDDs.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #261

Millergirl- You explained it completely...such a cycle.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #262
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Stats: 227/175/? 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: started JUDDD 3/22/2012
Quote:
Nancy- Thank you for those keywords! I will definitely be doing some googling on my downtime at work.

I weighed myself this morning and it was horrible. I can't bring myself to type the number but suffice to say I could stand to lose at least 60lbs if not 80! I have a long road ahead of me.

I'm at the point that I dread going out in public for fear that I will run in to someone I know. I've just gained so much weight it's shocking.

I'm not one for pity parties though...I just have to do it!
Hey girl! to JUDDD!

We've posted together on the PG for years so I feel like I kinda 'know' you. I've had really good success with this plan and hope you do, too. Go read my Howdy, y'all! thread to get a glimpse of my journey.

For you, and for everyone ... one more time!

Sheridan's Helpful Hint For New JUDDD BUDDS:

Dig out a pair of pants that you can't fit into that you've hidden in the back of your closet; jeans or something similar is preferable. If that's not possible, go to a thrift/charity shop and buy a pair of pants that are somewhat too small to get into. Try those pants on frequently, especially if you show no downward movement on the scale. You will almost certainly be amazed at the changes your body is making even though you may not always see it documented on the scale. Pants are a much better tool to show progress than is the scale. As you are able to fit comfortably into the tight pants, go get another pair to use as a gauge.

Another thing is to go out and get a measuring tape and measure yourself right at the beginning and periodically retake those measurements. Very often you will find you're shrinking even though the scale doesn't show it.

I prefer using clothes as a progress gauge for a couple of reasons. First, we all wear clothes and we know when they're too tight, when they fit just right, and when they're too big. It's one thing to see a number (on the tape measure or on the scale), and another thing to 'feel' how our clothes fit. I don't know about you, but I get much more of a thrill when I can finally zip up a pair of pants and be able to breathe normally than I ever do over a number. I can't 'feel' the number but I can sure feel how my clothes fit.

Secondly, it's hard to take all the measurements one would need to take to show all the progress we've made. Sometimes we lose in the areas we haven't measured and wouldn't have ever thought to measure. The clothes show it, though.

Wishing you all every success for this wonderful, life-changing way of life! You can do this!

/broken record

JUDDD has changed my life
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #263

Thanks Sheridan! It's nice to see you over here!

You are right about the clothing thing. Almost everything in my closet is stretch right now, so I have to dig up something with fixed waistband!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2boysaz
Stats: 5'6" - 188.2/182.4/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: June 23,2012
toomuchbooty~ I totally agree about the clothing thing. I have gained so much within the past year and a half or so that I have only a couple things that still fit, but I REFUSE to buy new clothes in a larger size. Feels too much like defeat, or like I'm just going to succumb to my current weight and stay this way. NOOOOO!!!! At this point, I don't really care how many pounds I lose, but I do want to get back to a sz 10 (when I was a 10, I wanted to be a 6!).

Joyjoy and gotsomeold~
Thank you for your input about counting cals. I think I'm just feeling the need for freedom right now on my UDs, but I'm also realistic enough to realize that I'm not likely to see the results I want to see unless I count.... I'm definitely not eating as much on UDs as I thought I would, given the "permission" to eat what I want. However, I've been super busy lately and have been trying to avoid using the oven at all due to the hot weather, so I've definitely not been eating as healthy as I should. Too many restaurant or fast food meals. So, I'll continue as is for now, hoping that even better appetite suppression will kick in on UDs, and as soon as things settle down a bit in my life, I'll start tracking cals on UDs too. I still don't know if I'm willing to weigh and measure every bite though!

I'm so grateful to have found this group!!
mommy2boysaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
I'm back!!! Our road trip was awesome! Took SO many pics! Loved DC, Philly, NY - the cities and monuments, buildings, etc. Would like to go back to NYC again since we missed a few of the sites there. OH and we got married before we left!

First DD today! Excited about it truthfully! These vacation pounds need to be gone asap and then maybe lose a few before my birthday weekend in mid August. Before I left I had lost 5 pounds with a week & a half of perfect rotation and was back down to 185 very close to my stat weight.

Welcome to all the newbies! You'll LOVE this WOE!!!!

Natasha

Last edited by BaileysGirl; 07-18-2012 at 09:27 AM..
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
4th DD

DD are definitely getting easier. I've been up for 3 hours and my stomach isn't rumbling yet. So far I've just had coffee with SF chocolate syrup.
No weight loss yet, but I'm trying to be patient while body adjusts to eating carbs again. Tomorrow I'm going to actually count my calories to make sure I'm not going way over.
Crazy Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #267
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: juddinminime
Stats: 217 heaviest 5'9" 38yrs
WOE: lc/JUDDD
Start Date: Juddd start 1/1/12. 207/ 192.4 /159
Everyone I wanted to jump in and join you

Quick info on self. Ive been JUDDDin' since Jan 1st this year and have lost 32lbs!
Was doing induction lc before w/no results
Ive been a lurker on this board for a while and found that you are all supportive and very helpful.
Hope we can get to know each other juddd-on.
juddinminime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #268

Lovely to have you here, well done on your fabulous loss.

JUDDD on indeed!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #269

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
mini! I love when lurkers come out and post! You've done great.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #270

Good morning!

I stepped on the scale today, down 1.3lbs already! I am a daily weigher when I'm dieting. I don't freak out about fluctuations though. I just look for a downward trend. That being said, it was motivating to see a loss.

My scale had been hiding in the closet, but I busted it out now that I'm back on the wagon. When I came home from work, I found my boyfriend moping that he'd gained 10lbs in the last 2 months. Well, he's now a whopping 145lbs! I couldn't help but find that pretty cute. He's half Japanese, so he gets the thin genes from his mom. I joke that his German genetics are overtaking! I will say, that 10lbs on his frame is pretty noticeable...not in a bad way. He's just filled out a bit. I don't mind at all.

This is DD 2 for me. Yesterday, my calories were too low for an UD...about 1400. That includes a serving of green tea ice cream. Oh well, next UD, I will be sure to eat more veggies and lean proteins!