Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well done Debs. Enjoying the summer, lol?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #152

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
debs---down 10 lbs with hcg. Going alright. Wishing for more of course LOL. When are we not??!! But feeling real good.
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:19 AM   #153
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PhotoGirlTX
WOE: Atkins - induction
Start Date: 7/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberino View Post
Photo - You may be overthinking it, but I believe we all probably did in the beginning. I came from a very strict lc WOE, which I had been doing for 3 years, and couldn't believe I could actually eat that banana without some kind of repercussions. As others will tell you, this "diet" allows you to eat what you choose to incorporate into your daily calories allotment. I began stuffing my face with everything I hadn't been able to eat in so long, but gradually settled into moderate carb eating, not by choice, but by what I naturally felt like eating. I think you'll hear from others that even if our first choices weren't the healthiest, you do end up making healthier choices, because it's what your body wants.

Congrats on your first successful DD!

Kim

Welcome Elaine! I believe P2 and P3 are referring to the hcg diet plan - has nothing to do with JUDDD, although many hcg'ers come over to JUDDD after losing so that they can maintain their weightloss. You will enjoy the book, but while you're waiting, check out the stickies at the top of the forum - they're full of very helpful info.
Kim: Thanks for the congrats! The thing is; when I'm dieting, I do it to the nth degree...when I'm not dieting, I make bad food choices and don't watch portion sizes, etc - it's one extreme or the other. In essence, JUDDD is a diet, so, it felt like I need to be 'dieting' on my UDs. But, I'm learning and I love the freedom of being able to have what I want within my 'normal calorie' range on UDs, that's awesome! I'm so thankful for this forum...the information and support = priceless!
PhotoGirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:33 AM   #154
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Gluc is short for glucomannan which is simply fiber from the konjac root. Netrition carries it. It is a calorie free filler. Same stuff Shirataki noodles are made from. I quit using it for awhile but am back on it since I am having a shake for breakfast these mornings. I like the Pure Protein shakes (120 calories, 23 g protein). I get them at Wal-Mart. Second is Atkins Shakes at 160 calories, 15 g protein. I am going to try shakes for 2 meals on DD's since they are easy and I have been fasting on DD's but that is not producing any weightloss so back to eating or in my case drinking on DD's.

I did not stay LC when I started JUDDD. Right, wrong of indifferent, I lost 25 pounds in 5 months eating anything and everything. I am just now having to start being very careful since my weightloss stopped in June and I just maintained. So , no more fun on UD's and back to healthy whole foods. Darn. I was so enjoying the ice cream.

Adillenal: Thanks for the info on glucomannan, I'm definitely going to order some. Way to go on your 25 pound loss, that's great! I'm going to try to stay with mostly healthy, whole foods on my UDs, but, it's so great knowing I can have a guilty pleasure if I want to! I read one of your posts about all the wonderful veggies you're having from your garden, it must be huge! I'd love to have a garden like that...I'm so jealous!!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #155
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jeseraipetite
Stats: 154/154/125
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: july 11, 2014
Hi there. I am starting this plan because I find I am best when I can eat a variety. low carb plans (or pretty much any plan) put me into a tail spin and I binge. But this plan makes sense because in looking back over the past year, I noticed I lost a lot of weight when I just didn't eat until 2 pm. I would have one meal a day and on other days I would have 2 meals a day. I just wasn't hungry until 2. I could eat whatever I wanted and did well. I didn't even look at it as a diet as I was just following what my body wanted. This plan will work and I was doing it already and didn't even know it. LOL. any way, off to start with a DD. dinner will be a plate of steamed veggies and a chili cheese dog. yummy. I am using fit day to track my calories. Today's start weight is 138. goal is 125. I am 5'3"
jeseraipetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Welcome Jeseraipetite!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260+/182.2/170-175/5'5/52
WOE: Not low carb, but low crap
Jeseraipetite!
Erika1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #158
Junior LCF Member

jeseraipetite! I'm new here too and loving it so far!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
helloooooo!

I introduced myself on the big huge newbie JUDDD page, then found this one, so hi again!
I've always lost well on low carb, but tend to go about 6 months then burn out a little and gradually it comes back on. I started this summer experimenting with carb cycling to see if I could find something more sustainable for me, then found out about JUDDD here on LCF and decided to start today! Hoping to see the energy boosts in a couple weeks?

calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #160
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbchris View Post
I introduced myself on the big huge newbie JUDDD page, then found this one, so hi again!
I've always lost well on low carb, but tend to go about 6 months then burn out a little and gradually it comes back on. I started this summer experimenting with carb cycling to see if I could find something more sustainable for me, then found out about JUDDD here on LCF and decided to start today! Hoping to see the energy boosts in a couple weeks?

Hi Chris I'm new here too...just started on Monday. I can totally relate, I last about 6 months doing low carb too. My last try at Atkins, I didn't lose as well so was happy to run into this WOE. I really like the JUDDD concept and am anxious to see good results. Good luck!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #161
Junior LCF Member

Thanks ladies for the super warm welcome. So lovely. I feel so free on this. It is easy if you just keep busy with life and don't sit around watching tv thinking of food all day. hahaha. So, food today...
3:30 pm orange capp...60 cals
5 pm candy bar....240
7:30 pm chili dog with relish...460 (280 + 120 + 30 + 30)
total...660
Sounds like a good day to me and so satisfying. I thought it was going to be my DD but was out shopping and by 5 was so hungry. I expected to be home sooner. Could have avoided the 240 candy bar. Could be worse. So, tomorrow will be my DD
have a great night ladies. I will be looking forward to getting to know you and sharing in this adventure.
xo
Old 07-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/146.8/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
Hi all! I absolutely LOVE how friendly this forum is. I have been doing the forum bounce all over the internet for a long time now, and lcf in general is great but you all take the cake.

My name is Lacey, I am doing a week or two of RFL then transitioning in to JUDDD. I am excited by all of your energy and enthusiasm, and looking forward to committing to something I can actually stick with! Thank you all already for your time and patience with complete and thoughtful answers to my questions.
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Hello to all, so many new! You are gonna love this woe. You will see in my signature line my background with LC. Always always always diet fatigue sets in. I have had things to eat and ENJOYED that I have not had in YEARS with JUDDD. Bonus: and without the guilt!!

jeseraipetite...660 cals IS a DD. There is a wide range of cals that still fall into the weight loss category. Do your usual UD tomorrow as planned, then the day after try to get closer to 500 if you can. No worries, this WOE is very forgiving. And no we don't have to be perfect for this to work, just consistent most of the time in the rotations. Let the magic begin!

Best to all of you!!

Lost 3 pounds from Jan 1 2012 til April 30 2012 by "eating healthy", LC, etc...
Lost 12 pounds from May 1 2012 til September 1 2012 with JUDDD

Down and Up 10-15# every year since 2000 with VLC, semi LC and Carb Cycling
Anticipating forever success with JUDDD!!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Hi to everyone,

Me too new! Waiting for my "Alternate Day Book" which I tracked today and it looks like the 13th because one of the items is coming from Indianna- "Babetes Feast". Wanted that book forever as the DVD movie is my all time most fav. of all movies or at least a top one for sure.
yawning so I'll bbt and can't wait to get started on this plan with everyone.
Elaine
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:27 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Chris, Lacey, Lainey,
Welcome! This IS a friendly, helpful place. Glad to have you with us. All the best with your first and second weeks.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LindaD
Stats: First time 300/190/160 10/24/2000
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Start JUDDD 6/25/12 254.5/220.5/200
Good Morning All

My biggest problem right now is keeping up with all the posts...I have been reading and reading (hey, I have a fulltime job and I am getting old) Would really like to respond to everyone...but I am on the internet all the time when I am home so just want you all to know...

I am ing all the info...and rejoicing with all those in losing modes. I can relate to so many of you and so glad that I found this group!

You guys rock thanks for all your wonderful insighful posts and your ing of all us Newbies! I am here for the duration!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #167
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Barb for the info. I actually ended up having 300 additional cals last night when I came home from visiting a gal pal. I think I had so much activity yesterday that it upped my appetite. Will have to try to not pack so much in. LOL. SO I think it will be a UD for me yesterday.
plan for today:
gardening
9:00 am walk with a friend
2:00 pm coffee with friend
3:30 pm dinner.... baked chicken on an everything bagel, plate of steamed veggies
evening...relax, more gardening
Have a great day, ladies
Old 07-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ninthmuse
Stats: weight is low, low, low!!
WOE: juddd
Start Date: 9th june 2012
hohoho!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Well done Debs. Enjoying the summer, lol?
thanks kissa - what a joke eh? my garden has gone completely bananas - going down to my log cabin is more like an expedition, i actually have to wear wellies and practically need to use a machete!!
and it's cold too - brrrr & grrrr i actually had my heating on this morning! looking forward to seeing friends in florida soon - need that sunshine!!
another .4 down after dd no.2 - don't really mind not losing loads since i would far rather it was slow than not at all and it's better than going up. i have taken full advantage of being able to add more carbs in which has had no/little effect considering! i love the dds because they are always followed by the ud which makes it so lemon squeezy! dh has not weighed himself but i can see he has dropped a pound or two!! men, don't you just love the way they can lose weight so well?
really not liking cc'ing though - don't think i've ever cc'd and i can see why i have stayed away from it!! however. . . . . the discovery of the reuben sandwich more than makes up for it - omg!!! where has this sandwich been all my life?! i am officially in love with a food item - is that perverse? who cares, reuben and i were made for each other!

wtg dawn - sorry couldn't remember how to do multiple quotes!! i know, it;s never enough weight loss is it? we are thoroughly spoiled with hcg. you can't get it for love nor money in the uk which is why i went for the patches in the end. there is the leslie k thing but it doesn't even have it as a homeopathic ingredient (does that seem weird to anyone?) and my bil nearly died of hunger trying to get through 23 days on 500c p/d using that stuff. you just can't do it! anyhoo, enough of my blithering - well done to everyone who is successfully juddding, it's great reading how happy everyone is on juddd! debs
ninthmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:43 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ninthmuse
Stats: weight is low, low, low!!
WOE: juddd
Start Date: 9th june 2012
also meant to ask . . .

me again - i have a question. i read here and there about 'can't wait for the sirt1 to kick in'. how do you know when it has? anybody? debs
ninthmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #170

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthmuse View Post
me again - i have a question. i read here and there about 'can't wait for the sirt1 to kick in'. how do you know when it has? anybody? debs
You'll experience greater appetite suppression and increased energy. Many report a feeling of peace or well-being as well, almost a "glow." DDs become much easier and you'll start to look forward to them. At least most do. If you have inflammation, it will start to decrease. Some changes will be so gradual you may not notice them at first.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #171
Blabbermouth!!!

Got my books today first thing....

paperback to live in the Cherokee and hardcover for the house- kitchen, bed and computer room. Tomorrow will be a DD and weigh and measure day. Not looking forward to calorie counting either but will do it of course.
NOW, to get my nose into that book.
bbl
Old 07-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #172
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
You'll experience greater appetite suppression and increased energy. Many report a feeling of peace or well-being as well, almost a "glow." DDs become much easier and you'll start to look forward to them. At least most do. If you have inflammation, it will start to decrease. Some changes will be so gradual you may not notice them at first.
Thanks for explaining this, it's very encouraging! This is my first week of JUDDD, so, I've been a little hesitant. Reading through the threads here is a tremendous help, plus I'm scanning Dr J's book to understand how and why it works. I've got 2 DDs under my belt and feel much better today...calmer, and not craving high carb junk. Anyway, I'm starting to experience exactly what you said!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeeOne
Stats: 308/222/195
WOE: Moderate carbs/JUDDD
Start Date: 2012 Start: 5 May Mod LC/ 1 Jul JUDDD
Midway through my second week & starting to relax.. the over thinking has calmed down. Im using the forum like a Judd encyclopedia & if an answer isnt posted already,, just have to ask & someone has been there..done that.. love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthmuse View Post
<<Sirt1er in waiting

Thank you for that Info KierasMom, I've read so many good things about sirt (could do with some glowing). If it can help the inflammation from my Lupus & the million & 1 allergies or even just to lose weight..being a slow loser..I'll be happy with any of those

@ Ninth: Being a brit (uk) I had to look up what a Reuben sandwich was.. it made me want to dust off my sandwich toaster. I have so many 'wow.. that will make make my life easier gadgets/appliances sitting @ the back of the cupboard..smh.. I need to start a 'I never use this.. lets swap' with the family.

'We're all in this thing together'
DeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeOne View Post

@ Ninth: Being a brit (uk) I had to look up what a Reuben sandwich was.. it made me want to dust off my sandwich toaster. I have so many 'wow.. that will make make my life easier gadgets/appliances sitting @ the back of the cupboard..smh.. I need to start a 'I never use this.. lets swap' with the family.

'We're all in this thing together'
That swap sounds like a fabulous idea Mostly people in my family just dump all the stuff they are not using/don't want anymore on me. I am tired of it because I don't use, or want, most of their stuff either they will never learn to not dump, so I am afraid I will have to learn to throw things away.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
That swap sounds like a fabulous idea Mostly people in my family just dump all the stuff they are not using/don't want anymore on me. I am tired of it because I don't use, or want, most of their stuff either they will never learn to not dump, so I am afraid I will have to learn to throw things away.
Donate, donate, donate!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #176

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
and please forgive me for not mentioning you all by name. I am so behind. 2 funerals in one week.

You have all got the right attitude and I know you are just going to love this lifestyle. The freedom to eat any food is so freeing. I am often amazed at how easy the DDs are once you think that thought. "I will have that tomorrow."

Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #177
Blabbermouth!!!

Help meeeeee! Just opened the book and already

have hit a wall. THERE IS NO WAY I CAN DO THAT RMR. Would someone please do it for me- I am not shy- 5' 6" at 200 lbs. this is a round off but close enough. I know asking for someone to do this is pitiful but I want to UD tomorrow and for that to be my DAY one of this WOE. I hate being stumped at the very beginning but math of any kind will do that to me at every turn.
Thank you and I'll be checking back here and holding my breath till I have that magic number. I know that staying as close to 500 calories is the down day way to go and I could just stay a 1,500 for the up days if I have to do it that way.
Thanks everyone! Now back to that book and a shopping list. The Jeep is at the curb waiting for me to go shop.
bbl
Elaine

Old 07-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolk Mermaid View Post
have hit a wall. THERE IS NO WAY I CAN DO THAT RMR. Would someone please do it for me- I am not shy- 5' 6" at 200 lbs. this is a round off but close enough. I know asking for someone to do this is pitiful but I want to UD tomorrow and for that to be my DAY one of this WOE. I hate being stumped at the very beginning but math of any kind will do that to me at every turn.
Thank you and I'll be checking back here and holding my breath till I have that magic number. I know that staying as close to 500 calories is the down day way to go and I could just stay a 1,500 for the up days if I have to do it that way.
Thanks everyone! Now back to that book and a shopping list. The Jeep is at the curb waiting for me to go shop.
bbl
Elaine

I was the very same way. Math eludes me. These sweet ladies here will help you out. A couple of kind souls helped me out I could not for the life of me figure out what my numbers should be. The %s--oh my what in the world is up with that??? You would think it would be easy, but not for me
Old 07-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #179
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Valerieannleeh
Stats: 196/178/150
WOE: (attempting) 0 Carbs ;)
Start Date: April 2012
Hi! I just registered today but have been following and reading for the past three months. Glad I joined in! Everyone here is so motivating, it's great!

Cheers!
Valerie
Valerieannleeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #180

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolk Mermaid View Post
bbl
Elaine
What's your age? You just plug your stats into the calculator on Dr. J's website, which I'm happy to do, but your age affects how many calories you get.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote