Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonnyK View Post
I have the same problem. I have really good luck with Acai Berry Cleanse and then I also use Cascara Sagrada. (Found it at Walmart in the vitamins) This really works for me!
Be careful with the cascara sagrada. I have heard that it can become habit forming and your bowels will depend on it for movement. Occasional use is Ok, but not every day.
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
I think I am headed back home today, will leave family and head back and to my scale tomorrow to see how I did with a week of no weighing
It's funny, I'm at peace, whatever it is, I know I can deal with it. I have a feeling I am just fine. Today's a DD and I'm driving some hours, so I will take some quick snacks with me.
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hikergurl
Stats: 5'11" 208/162/165
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/31/11
Well, after 2 DD's, I've lost nothing. In fact, I'm still up 2lbs from my HCG LIW.

Yesterday was an UD, and it turned into my 2nd UUAD Hubby & I took a day trip up north to get out of the heat, so we ate out for both breakfast and dinner. Then we went to the in-laws last night and had ice cream sundaes. Lots of junk and I know I went way over my calories.

I'm actually feeling pretty gross today. I am drinking lots of water and have had nothing but coffee with cream today. I don't even feel like eating at all. Hopefully I can fully fast the day today and maybe even record a little loss tomorrow, but I'm not counting on it.

I'm not too upset about the zero losses. At least I'm not gaining, right? I'm sure if I get my UD calories under control, the losses will come.

I'm SOOOOOOOO tired lately. I've been incredibly fatigued the last month or so. I have no idea why. I'm taking a multi (along with a bunch of other supplements) and am getting plenty of sleep. I just can't seem to get any energy or feel rested. It could be because my stress level is off the charts. We are getting ready to make a major move to San Francisco in August. I've never moved to another state (as an adult) and it's just so overwhelming to change jobs, homes, friends, churches, everything all at once. I have no idea where we're going to live or work, and it's SOOO EXPENSIVE there. But I'm also very excited about this new chapter of our lives and know it's going to be an adventure. I just wish I knew the details.
hikergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tonkasmama25
Stats: 135/114/115 5'2"
WOE: LC for years and then switched to JUDDD
Start Date: LC 8/9/10 ....JUDDD 7/5/12 <3
Hi! Im joining in! Today is my first DD. It's been easy so far but my problem is at night when I want to snack until I'm in a food coma. I've been a low carber for a long time and I just need to switch things up. I have about 5 or so lbs I'd like to lose and keep off. The keeping off part is my problem.
Tonkasmama25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/152.6/145-150
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 23.2 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonkasmama25 View Post
Hi! Im joining in! Today is my first DD. It's been easy so far but my problem is at night when I want to snack until I'm in a food coma. I've been a low carber for a long time and I just need to switch things up. I have about 5 or so lbs I'd like to lose and keep off. The keeping off part is my problem.
Tonkasmama. You should have it pretty easy. Have you looked at the maintenance thread yet? Amazing how they go on maintenance and still keep losing. Check out all the DD thread ideas to help you with snacking at night. Save up something you'd think would satisfy you. That's usually everyone's initial challenge - to not just endure DD's but make them kinda fun even. I do it with volume recipes of soups/salads/shirataki noodles. Some lc people do it with protein and fat all day. You'll have fun finding out what works for you. Glad to have you here. I think JUDDD is perfect for maintenance. Lots of hcgers and lc people do JUDDD to maintain. Sure it'll work for you - it's a smart move.

Window of 145-150 goal: Only 2.6 lbs. to go.

Last edited by Heather; 07-05-2012 at 08:49 PM.. Reason: typo
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
new JUDDD buds!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Hi Popping in to say I'm Married! Woo Hoo! I almost thought it wasn't going to happen! They needed another divorce decree but they worked with me on it. I was so worried! My county faxed it over to Richmond Co. Then they didn't even make a copy or anything ugh! I was so mad...it's like make people get all these documents just to look at it...LOL
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tonkasmama25
Stats: 135/114/115 5'2"
WOE: LC for years and then switched to JUDDD
Start Date: LC 8/9/10 ....JUDDD 7/5/12 <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Tonkasmama. You should have it pretty easy. Have you looked at the maintenance thread yet? Amazing how they go on maintenance and still keep losing. Check out all the DD thread ideas to help you with snacking at night. Save up something you'd think would satisfy you. That's usually everyone's initial challenge - to not just endure DD's but make them kinda fun even. I do it with volume recipes of soups/salads/shirataki noodles. Some lc people do it with protein and fat all day. You'll have fun finding out what works for you. Glad to have you here. I think JUDDD is perfect for maintenance. Lots of hcgers and lc people do JUDDD to maintain. Sure it'll work for you - it's a smart move.

I have not checked out the maintenance thread! I definitely will do that tonight once my kids are in bed. That would be pretty awesome if I could lose a few on maintenance. Thanks for the warm welcome!
Tonkasmama25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileysGirl View Post
Hi Popping in to say I'm Married! Woo Hoo! I almost thought it wasn't going to happen! They needed another divorce decree but they worked with me on it. I was so worried! My county faxed it over to Richmond Co. Then they didn't even make a copy or anything ugh! I was so mad...it's like make people get all these documents just to look at it...LOL
Congratulations
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:08 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ninthmuse
Stats: weight is low, low, low!!
WOE: juddd
Start Date: 9th june 2012
i'm back and possible help on inflammation!

hi - i had intro'd myself on june newbies as i was coming out of the hcg diet and was thinking about juddding my way through the next phase of the hcg diet, which is lc, but i stuck with the protocol after veteran hcger dawn advised going with it till the next phase. so i decided to judd once i was in the maintenance phase - carbs can be added in at this point (slooooooooowly)!
okay, i hit the final day of the maintenance phase at a tiny .2 above my ldw which is a major miracle as i have never stabilised in phase3
dh and i are now planning our first ud on sunday and then on to dd on the monday!
when i was reading through a couple of the threads on juddding i noticed that a few of you guys were after the anti-inflammatory benefits of juddd. having suffered with terrible gout (and i mean writhing and screaming in agony with no means of relief) i want to share a few things i have discovered - i am not an expert by any means so this is a layman's offering and i apologise if i am teaching grandmas to suck eggs or offering improper advice (mods will soon let me know)! i should add that since doing these things myself i have never suffered gout since or suffered any other inflammation -
1 an acid/alkali imbalance will cause inflammation - a high protein diet does not help as it causes an acid environment in the body but google the foods that can help counteract it and you can work out a lc diet that will still help you counteract the acidity
2 we all know water is essential but it also corrects acidity in the body but . . . to really get the water into the body's cells it should be ionised so that the molecules are smaller and can enter the cells efficiently, particularly important the older you get - you can get filter jug type ionisers on the net. an added benefit is you don't have to drink so much water as the body absorbs it better, i have cut mine down by a full 750ml and am properly hydrated
3 electrolyte imbalances can cause inflammation - the add-in drop types are better than the sports drinks, the drops last ages
4 all artificial sweeteners will cause cause inflammation (it can turn your stomach acid into formaldehyde), it's actually better to have stevia based sweeteners or honey
5 coral calcium is amazing for inflammatory type pain
6 good old coconut oil!
i have been completely and utterly pain-free and (amazingly) as a side-benefit totally water retention-free (which is quite something considering i am 'peri-mentalpausal') since adopting the above and can honestly recommend that you research and experiment for yourself.
please tell me off if i am poking my nose in where it's not wanted! debs
ninthmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:11 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

eeeek!

wow, am i ever rude i didn't even say hi! and hello also to all other newbies like me, great to see a few brit birds on here!! debs
Old 07-06-2012, 05:08 AM   #102

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Woot woot!

We need a smiley throwing bird seed!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LindaD
Stats: First time 300/190/160 10/24/2000
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Start JUDDD 6/25/12 254.5/220.5/200
Congrats Bailey'sGirl...and have a wonderful rest of your vaca
/honeymoon.

I am moving right along and so happy with JUDDD. I know it will slow down, but the every other day UD is really making this a doable plan for me.
Once again thanks for all the info!

down 11.5# in 11 days!
LindaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
hikergurl - hope everything gets sorted out for you with your big move

Tonkasmama25 -

BaileysGirl - I'm glad everything eventually worked out well for your wedding

LindaD - Wow! amazing losses KUTGW!
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:21 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyitworks
Stats: 185/168/130 -17 Woohoo!
WOE: JUDDD (Is there any other way?)
Start Date: Restart July 2012 JUDDD. Start May 2012 Atkins
Hi everyone! I've been reading your posts about JUDDD for the past week or so. I've very excited to get started. I've been trying to lose weight for my whole life. I did lost 50lbs before I got married but started gaining the day after and it was not long before it was all back. I've tried low carb a couple times, but for some reason this time, I'm not having a hard time with it. I've lost 10lbs. my first month and a half-and I think I'm a slow loser. Lately I've been thinking about JUDDD, I have 2 kids and my husband. DH is super healthy, always exercizing. (Annoying!) I just think it gives the wrong impression to my kids, when I say I can't eat this or that. So, I'm hoping JUDDD is as good for me as it seems to be for everyone else. I think, I'm going to try to stay sugar free, I think sugar is a real trigger for me and once I have it I don't seem to be able to stop. I also have to start exercising, for the past 5 years, I was self employed and worked at home. I now have a really fun office job (serious- I totally love it ) but I sit all day! I'm very busy and focused and sometimes have to run to the bathroom because I've been sitting there. So I must make time for exercize

Anyway, it's good to read all about your success~very inspiring! I'll be checking in often because I love to have accountability and some peeps to share my good news with. Thanks~ Hollyitworks!
hollyitworks
hollyitworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #106

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Congratulations!!! Wonderful news!!
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annalissa
I kind of do JUDDD already as I do calorie cycling but am intrigued with the idea of very low carb one day followed by the higher day.

So hello, I think this is a down day for me, not going as low as it recommends in the book, which I have had for awhile but rejected and am now wanting to do with my own flexiblity, as my schedule may not allow for a strict DD/UP pattern.

But for some reason this is clicking with me right now.

I used to be 100 pounds above the weight I am (142) and am trying to reach 125 by December 30. I tried to put a weight ticker on here but the site won't let me have a signature. I sent a request to email me with the reason. Maybe I don't post enough?

Anyhow, hello.
Annalissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeeOne
Stats: 308/222/195
WOE: Moderate carbs/JUDDD
Start Date: 2012 Start: 5 May Mod LC/ 1 Jul JUDDD
Hey Annalissa, welcome
This is my first week on JUDDD so I'm a newbie to the WOE & the site. I did a lot of catching up on the posts before I jumped in , too early to tell how its going to go but I'm liking the cycling aspects.
Seems a lot of JUDDDers tweak the plan till they find what works for them. So if it aint broke dont fix it & congrats on your 100lb loss its awesome..I'm aiming for that too, but being a slow loser it's gonna take some time.

I think you have to make over 30 posts before you get the signature.
DeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Annalissa hi it is not high and low carb it is high and low calories that is Juddd. This woe is all about the rotations, you sound like you might have trouble with that. Is there anything we can suggest that can make this woe doable for you?
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
This is my first time to this thread and I've really loved reading all of your posts. I hope you all have as much success as I have had on Juddd. You are very lucky to have found your way here. I know you will all have your ups and downs ( no puns intended) but all in all you will find the scale goes down. I'm wishing you all the best of luck. And remember, be good it pays off big time.
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

congratulations!

Quote:
i hope you have a fantastic life together
dh and i got married on about $100 and 16 yrs later . . . . debs
Old 07-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #112

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sorry I have been away and dealing with lots of things.

Just a quick welcome to the newcomers.

I know many of you have a lot of experience with weightless programmes, but I just want to agree with Muffabuff, this is all about the rotations and respecting your calories.

After a month or so some people do adjust their numbers, but give JUDDD a fair chance if you can.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Welcome to all of the new JUDDDers!

So happy to see so many new faces!

Congrats Baileysgirl!!!! Very happy to hear that you are now wed!

Hikergurl, hang in there! You have come from hcg and it will take a bit to see your body adjust to the added carbs. It is all good, because you are going to eventually have the downward bounce. Also, I want to give you a big for moving to a new city like that! It is exciting, but also so much anxiety at the same time. Wishing you some relaxation!

Everyone!!! Best wishes on your JUDDD journey!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthmuse View Post
1 an acid/alkali imbalance will cause inflammation - a high protein diet does not help as it causes an acid environment in the body but google the foods that can help counteract it and you can work out a lc diet that will still help you counteract the acidity
2 we all know water is essential but it also corrects acidity in the body but . . . to really get the water into the body's cells it should be ionised so that the molecules are smaller and can enter the cells efficiently, particularly important the older you get - you can get filter jug type ionisers on the net. an added benefit is you don't have to drink so much water as the body absorbs it better, i have cut mine down by a full 750ml and am properly hydrated
3 electrolyte imbalances can cause inflammation - the add-in drop types are better than the sports drinks, the drops last ages
4 all artificial sweeteners will cause cause inflammation (it can turn your stomach acid into formaldehyde), it's actually better to have stevia based sweeteners or honey
5 coral calcium is amazing for inflammatory type pain
6 good old coconut oil!
i have been completely and utterly pain-free and (amazingly) as a side-benefit totally water retention-free (which is quite something considering i am 'peri-mentalpausal') since adopting the above and can honestly recommend that you research and experiment for yourself.
please tell me off if i am poking my nose in where it's not wanted! debs

PLEASE keep poking your nose in. Thank you

----------
Mere
GrannyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #115
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
to all new JUDDD Buddds!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
So I guess I'm "stable" because I went away for a week without weighing on P3 after hcg finished and I am below my last dose weight still. That's never happened to me before! I've done 7 rounds of hcg and lost 100 pounds and I have always gained at least a little on my maintenance. I had the best success my first 2 rounds where I was very very careful, but as with all things when you have some success then you start to feel cocky - so my next several rounds were great but the maintenance was a struggle at times.

This is the most PEACEFUL maintenance I have ever had. I love JUDDD! For that reason alone - the peace!

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #117

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Baileyswife, congratulations!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:45 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Loving JUDDD...where have you been all my life?

LOL. I know, I'm really dramatic. Hehe. JUDDD, going well. 1st DD and on to DD #2. Yesterday I did a body wrap, gotta tighten up and lose some inches. If felt great. I think I'll do one every three days to see what I can come up with.

I just stared using Coconut Oil. I need to research the benefits of it. I'm using it as a cleanser, I have acne. (at 45! really) It seems to be helping, when nothing else has.

I'm exited to start taking my greens again. They are super healthy and filled with vitamins and nutrients, but on LC I didn't want to take them with water. So today a couple calories are going to pineapple juice and my greens.
Have a great day peeps!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:59 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyitworks View Post
I just stared using Coconut Oil. I need to research the benefits of it. I'm using it as a cleanser, I have acne. (at 45! really) It seems to be helping, when nothing else has.
Coconut oil for acne--do tell!! I am 51 and have it here in menopause, like I was a teenager or something and it is really annoying! Thanks for any info you may have for me. I know, off topic, but I can't send you a message. Thanks.
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:05 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Coconut Oil for Acne

CactusRose..

I googled info for using Coconut Oil for Acne. It's called oil pulling. You massage coconut oil into skin and then steam with a hot (not too hot) wash cloth. Put hot washcloth on face until it cools,and then do this maybe 4-5 times until you can't feel oil on your face.

I can't believe how it seems to be working. I noticed on the days that I use my antibacterial face wash at night, in the morning my skin is a mess. Red, oily and if I have any breakouts,they seem to be worse.

When I use coconut oil, in the morning ..skin is dry, doesn't hurt and breakouts seem to be not so bad.

It sounds crazy, but I will try anything because this acne is so annoying and ugly.

Google it. There are good review and bad. But it's working for me right now, so I'm going to keep doing it.