Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/152.6/145-150
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 23.2 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose63 View Post
More cals needed to get to my #??? A glass or two of wine is in order, or ice cream! MY choice. And NO guilt either!!
Cactusrose - YES!!! And how about dark chocolate with nuts? Candy bars people!!!!! Did you forget candy bars???

(Trying to be funny now) - If I read one more person say they're having trouble getting in their UD's calories! It's like those Newbies who lose 10 pounds in 7 days. I just have to click them off

It's like those skinny people who say, "Sometimes I forget to eat".
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Hi there all the July newbies and I was a June newbie and am still loving it! And yes i find one of the hardest parts eating up to my UD calories - i never thought i would hear myself say that! Sometimes i have to add some butter, cream or grated cheese to my dinner to make it more calorific - i keep it low carb because that seems to suit my insides better - i aim for around 25g carbs on an UD and around 50g carbs on a DD.

JUDDD it's just so easy and flexible.

Here's wishing you good luck
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
(Trying to be funny now) - If I read one more person say they're having trouble getting in their UD's calories! It's like those Newbies who lose 10 pounds in 7 days. I just have to click them off

It's like those skinny people who say, "Sometimes I forget to eat".
Ooops! I just posted about that
Old 07-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Hehe, I have those days sometimes where I have to fit more calories in, but more often I'm making sure I don't go over!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hikergurl
Stats: 5'11" 208/162/165
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/31/11
Had a good UD yesterday. I think I just hit my calories (didn't track too closely but estimated). I didn't weigh myself this morning. I think I'm going to weigh only after DD's for a while because it just affects me too much mentally to bounce up. Eventually I'm hoping the scale will just become another tool in my overall healthy lifestyle, but it holds too much power over me as of now.

DD so far so good today. I've had some iced coffee with half & half, and 2 hard boiled eggs.

Can't wait for that SIRT thingie to kick in! I could use some appetite suppression
hikergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikergurl View Post
Had a good UD yesterday. I think I just hit my calories (didn't track too closely but estimated). I didn't weigh myself this morning. I think I'm going to weigh only after DD's for a while because it just affects me too much mentally to bounce up. Eventually I'm hoping the scale will just become another tool in my overall healthy lifestyle, but it holds too much power over me as of now.

Hikergurl - I'm the same way. Have never weighed after an UD - I don't need the drama. Dr. J recommended not doing it, and to only weigh once a week. But that's asking too much - I will always do what I want, no man will tell me what to do ..... so I do weigh after every DD. I my scale!

Great attitude you have with hoping the scale won't hold so much power over you - Good luck with that!

P.S. I'm just so silly lately - must be the SIRT1's - no appetite suppressent yet, just giddy. Oh, and hard boiled eggs on DD? Okay, good protein, but no bulk! Each to his own. I eat tons of veggie soup/salad and miracle noodles. I need volumne.

Window of 145-150 goal: Only 2.6 lbs. to go.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Hey Girls! I've been on strict rotation since last Monday. I was at 190.5 so here's to hoping the scale is down a few in the morning! My vacation starts tomorrow! Week n a half long road trip w my honey. We went to the court house to get married today and they turned us away b/c we were 3 minutes late. I was so mad I cried and she still turned me away. We're going to try to do it in Augusta Thursday morning before heading to DC! Everyone enjoy the holiday! I'll check back in tomorrow morning with my weight!

Natasha

BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #68

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileysGirl View Post
Hey Girls! I've been on strict rotation since last Monday. I was at 190.5 so here's to hoping the scale is down a few in the morning! My vacation starts tomorrow! Week n a half long road trip w my honey. We went to the court house to get married today and they turned us away b/c we were 3 minutes late. I was so mad I cried and she still turned me away. We're going to try to do it in Augusta Thursday morning before heading to DC! Everyone enjoy the holiday! I'll check back in tomorrow morning with my weight!
Take pictures!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #69

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Hope things go well for you in Augusta. I say "who needs the courthouse"? I got married to my DH in a bank I am completely serious. My DH and I went to pick up the license paper and saw that only signatures that were notarized were necessary so we went to my bank got our signatures notarized and wala.....here it is 17 years later, on July 19 of this month. Still married Best of luck to you
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Dawn! I took my huge camera w/ me today but it couldn't be taken into any courthouses. Sheesh...So mabye once outside I can get someone to take a pic of us or at the church I'm sure they'll take one of us!

Dawn in SC - How funny and unusual! I told him we could do it in SC but they have a 24 hour waiting period or so the website says. Where did you get married? I checked and Richmond County - Augusta GA we can get the license and then there's a church 3 miles away that does same day appointments for the ceremony part! LOL So we can go there if we can get an appt. Pray for me ladies!!!

Last edited by BaileysGirl; 07-03-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Old 07-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #71
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nana2Six
Stats: 213.8/198.6/145-ish started Juddd at 200.2
WOE: mod LC, GF, JUDDD
Start Date: July 1, 2012
Thanks for the warm welcome! What a friendly and supportive place this is. I'm so glad I found it

You know, I hadn't even thought to go with leaner cuts to lower my calories on UDs, I guess because I still have the mentality of 'fat is good' with the earlier low carb plans I had been doing. Thanks!

I'll be sure to take what I need and leave the rest with the book. I'm good at that, lol. It arrived on time and going to give myself this afternoon to read for a bit. It's my first UD. Yay!

Trying to figure out how to adjust my days so my UDs are always on the same day, so I can have my same date night. Does anyone do two dd's or ud's to make that happen?

I'll check in on the daily weigh in thread so I can track easily, great idea! I felt bad about doing that if I don't weigh daily but it seems everyone is welcome here regardless.
Nana2Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:51 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LindaD
Stats: First time 300/190/160 10/24/2000
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Start JUDDD 6/25/12 254.5/220.5/200
Celebrating a 10 lb. loss in 9 days on JUDDD...

Thanks for all of you advice and encouragement everyone. I know things will start to slow down real soon, but I am excited where this plan will take me.

I have an earworm all the time "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow, you're only a day away"
So now you all will have one, sorry!
LindaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
I am having problems with constipation despite coconut oil and lots of water. After Monday's DD of 401 I didn't expect to see a weight gain, but I was up to 224. Yesterday was a good day of UD and hit my goal at 2075. Today is the 4th and it's DD - bummer.

Congratulations on your weight loss, LindaD!

Can't wait to hear that you are "Mrs." BaileysGirl

Great job to everyone who is having scale success. I'm going to stay off the scale until my system gets back on track.
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LindaD
Stats: First time 300/190/160 10/24/2000
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Start JUDDD 6/25/12 254.5/220.5/200
Stick with it Bronwyn ......I know you will see results....take a deep breath....and try to just relax with JUDDD.
Can you up your fiber for the constipation. I eat cabbage and that helps me a lot on my DDs. And I drink coffee.
LindaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #75

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Thanks Dawn! I took my huge camera w/ me today but it couldn't be taken into any courthouses. Sheesh...So mabye once outside I can get someone to take a pic of us or at the church I'm sure they'll take one of us!

Dawn in SC - How funny and unusual! I told him we could do it in SC but they have a 24 hour waiting period or so the website says. Where did you get married? I checked and Richmond County - Augusta GA we can get the license and then there's a church 3 miles away that does same day appointments for the ceremony part! LOL So we can go there if we can get an appt. Pray for me ladies!!!
We are in the capital of the state. So Richland County. And this was 17 years ago. $5 for the license and $95 for my ring. Got married for a whopping $100 Hope things go well for you! Oh, and I wanted it to be ON my birthday which is the 16th, but because of the waiting period we couldn't get it done when I wanted. So birthday first on the 16th of July then anniversary 3 days later on the 19th of July. Still very good timing.

Last edited by dawnyama; 07-04-2012 at 07:38 AM..
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Baileysgirl - good luck with your plans, hope everything works out well for you

Nana2Six - i have my DD cupboard with sugar-free, fat free, low cal stuff and my UD cupboard with full-fat everything

LindaD - Brilliant weight loss, well done!

Bronwyn - i find any constipation problems sort themselves out after a little while and you get into the swing of things.

Everyone's doing great!

Evie
Old 07-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Ladies!!!! Tomorrow hopefully! The 4th is my favorite holiday and I wanted it to be the 3rd since you cannot do it on the 4th so I guess the 5th will have to do!

I am down to 185.5 this morning from 190.5/191 Monday June 25th. So proud! Not down to the 183 on my siggy but very close! It can be done if you stick with it! So guess I'll be saying the same thing once back from our vacay! Have a wonderful holiday today and check in with ya'll in a week or so!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hopefulsweigh
Stats: 155/150.2/139
Start Date: JUDDD restart - Sept 2014
You are getting there Bailey's Girl!!! Great job!

Enjoy being the "mrs" .
Hopefulsweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NonnyK
Stats: 5" 1' Goal 130-- My Fitness Pal Username: NonnyK
WOE: JUDDDer
Start Date: 06/7/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki80 View Post
Hi I am new to this forum but I started juddd in may. I have so far lost 19lb and loving this woe. Today is a down day for me and I like to read through the posts on here for motivation.
You are doing great!!
NonnyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Welcome, y'all!

Sheridan's Helpful Hint For New JUDDD BUDDS:

Dig out a pair of pants that you can't fit into that you've hidden in the back of your closet; jeans or something similar is preferable. If that's not possible, go to a thrift/charity shop and buy a pair of pants that are somewhat too small to get into. Try those pants on frequently, especially if you show no downward movement on the scale. You will almost certainly be amazed at the changes your body is making even though you may not always see it documented on the scale. Pants are a much better tool to show progress than is the scale. As you are able to fit comfortably into the tight pants, go get another pair to use as a gauge.

Another thing is to go out and get a measuring tape and measure yourself right at the beginning and periodically retake those measurements. Very often you will find you're shrinking even though the scale doesn't show it.

I prefer using clothes as a progress gauge for a couple of reasons. First, we all wear clothes and we know when they're too tight, when they fit just right, and when they're too big. It's one thing to see a number (on the tape measure or on the scale), and another thing to 'feel' how our clothes fit. I don't know about you, but I get much more of a thrill when I can finally zip up a pair of pants and be able to breathe normally than I ever do over a number. I can't 'feel' the number but I can sure feel how my clothes fit.

Secondly, it's hard to take all the measurements one would need to take to show all the progress we've made. Sometimes we lose in the areas we haven't measured and wouldn't have ever thought to measure. The clothes show it, though.

Wishing you all every success for this wonderful, life-changing way of life! You can do this!
That is a wonderful idea! I am one of the ones that get discouraged by the scale. If it doesn't move, I feel like I have failed. I can honestly say that my clothes are getting loser....and I am sure I can find something too small in the closet.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeeOne
Stats: 308/222/195
WOE: Moderate carbs/JUDDD
Start Date: 2012 Start: 5 May Mod LC/ 1 Jul JUDDD
Happy 4th July to all who celebrate it

Apologies in advance for any waffling.. more of a lurker than poster <g>

I'm on my 4th day of Induction (2100/500 from Dr J's site). On my second DD today & so far so good with keeping under the limit. Its early days so I'm weighing everyday & watching out for the carbs that make the scales bounce more as i reintroduce them.
I'm doing moderate carbs DD<30 UD 150 as i cant live without bread but will happily exchange rice & potatoes for a blueberry muffin or a crossiant mmmmm. My UD's have been approx 1700 & i'm going to increase it up to the limit unless it makes me gain. I'll try to stick to the inductions figures for @ least a month or two & use the time to tweak.

OK.. here's my question... I'm aiming for about 50g protein on DD & 120ish on UD which is a bit of a struggle, I'm wondering if this is stopping me from sleeping @ nights. I dont usually eat till noon on an UD & after 2pm on a DD.. am I worrying too much about getting in the 50g on DD's?

Progress so far 1 UD ~ 288.6 2 DD ~ 290.2 (rice & potatoes or maybe just water I think but will try them again to see 3 UD ~ 288.0 4 DD ~ 287.4 I know its takes a while to kick in & being a slow loser no panicking yet
DeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Whitlin' - Great! - Subway Veggie so low cal and low sodium! DID NOT KNOW THAT! On my way!
Hey Heather!! Loving your signature!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeOne View Post
Happy 4th July to all who celebrate it

Apologies in advance for any waffling.. more of a lurker than poster <g>

I'm on my 4th day of Induction (2100/500 from Dr J's site). On my second DD today & so far so good with keeping under the limit. Its early days so I'm weighing everyday & watching out for the carbs that make the scales bounce more as i reintroduce them.
I'm doing moderate carbs DD<30 UD 150 as i cant live without bread but will happily exchange rice & potatoes for a blueberry muffin or a crossiant mmmmm. My UD's have been approx 1700 & i'm going to increase it up to the limit unless it makes me gain. I'll try to stick to the inductions figures for @ least a month or two & use the time to tweak.

OK.. here's my question... I'm aiming for about 50g protein on DD & 120ish on UD which is a bit of a struggle, I'm wondering if this is stopping me from sleeping @ nights. I dont usually eat till noon on an UD & after 2pm on a DD.. am I worrying too much about getting in the 50g on DD's?

Progress so far 1 UD ~ 288.6 2 DD ~ 290.2 (rice & potatoes or maybe just water I think but will try them again to see 3 UD ~ 288.0 4 DD ~ 287.4 I know its takes a while to kick in & being a slow loser no panicking yet
Happy 4th to you!! You're doing great!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Ladies!!!! Tomorrow hopefully! The 4th is my favorite holiday and I wanted it to be the 3rd since you cannot do it on the 4th so I guess the 5th will have to do!

I am down to 185.5 this morning from 190.5/191 Monday June 25th. So proud! Not down to the 183 on my siggy but very close! It can be done if you stick with it! So guess I'll be saying the same thing once back from our vacay! Have a wonderful holiday today and check in with ya'll in a week or so!
You are going great!!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
I am having problems with constipation despite coconut oil and lots of water. After Monday's DD of 401 I didn't expect to see a weight gain, but I was up to 224. Yesterday was a good day of UD and hit my goal at 2075. Today is the 4th and it's DD - bummer.

Congratulations on your weight loss, LindaD!

Can't wait to hear that you are "Mrs." BaileysGirl

Great job to everyone who is having scale success. I'm going to stay off the scale until my system gets back on track.
I have the same problem. I have really good luck with Acai Berry Cleanse and then I also use Cascara Sagrada. (Found it at Walmart in the vitamins) This really works for me!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaD View Post
Celebrating a 10 lb. loss in 9 days on JUDDD...

Thanks for all of you advice and encouragement everyone. I know things will start to slow down real soon, but I am excited where this plan will take me.

I have an earworm all the time "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow, you're only a day away"
So now you all will have one, sorry!
Old 07-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonnyK View Post
I can honestly say that my clothes are getting loser
YAY!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Quick post here - DD finished at 548, which isn't too bad! I ate some sauerkraut with my 1/2 hot dog, so hopefully that will help alleviate my digestive clog! If things work out like I hope, then I will get on the scale in the morning.

I really need to take the time to read more of these posts and respond - you've all been so nice and supportive!
Old 07-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonnyK View Post
Hey Heather!! Loving your signature!
tanku
Old 07-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Stepped on the scale this morning - 221.5 - very happy! I guess the excess weight was water and my body trying to figure out what I'm doing to it! I'm also proud of myself for staying as near to my DD goal as possible, though I was over 88 calories, I think.

Today is UD and my goal is at 2000, so it's a lot of water, veggies, low carb, and cardio for today, though I don't dare weigh again until Saturday after tomorrow's DD.