Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hopefulsweigh
Stats: 155/149/139
Start Date: JUDDD restart - January 2014
Hi There

I started JUDDD at the end of April.

At the end of May my losses were great 8 pounds in 6 weeks. I felt I was finally getting somewhere, so I ditched the scale and gained 5 pounds in June....not what I wanted.

I am not ready to give up on JUDDD because I really do love the up and d own rotation, I just need to follow the plan....right? No more UUAD's, no more bingeing,

I will be weighing everyday....I think I need that.

Welcome to all the new JUDDD BUDDS. and thanks to Heather for your sweet post about my weight gain on the other post!

Kissa you are gorgeous inside and out, enjoy the rest of your time in France!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ogether-4.html
Hopefulsweigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hope, you are so kind. This is going to be your turning point. You know that the plan works, you simply have to work the plan.

Post here often is my advice to all our Newbies and the 'returners'. There is always something inspiring to read or someone who is struggling and need your support. Being able to offer help is often as useful as being on the receiving end of it.

Maybe I should add "Read" to my Relax, Rotate, Reduce, Rejoice, siggie?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 154/147/130 - 5'4", Age: 52, Highest:178
WOE: JUDDD 1850/700 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD 4/30/12, LC and Carb Cycling 2002-2011
Hello again all you Newbies! I am posting the following from my LC Journal so you can see what you have to look forward to in the way of losses in the next month or two. During those first DD's of mine I tried to keep in mind...where do I want to be weight-wise in the near future, for summertime activities, for hiking in July with friends, for vacation in August, for hiking in the mountains in the autumn. This helped to keep me on track, because I knew my daily decisions would determine my future health and well-being. I was far from perfect, I have had my share of UUAUD! Still, progress can be made.

JUDDD 2 Month Summary...I know I already posted one, but this is really the official one, beginning of May until the beginning of July...

Starting weight 4/30: 154
5/7/12: 151
5/14/12: 152
5/19/12: 149
5/29/12: 150
5/31/12: 147.5
6/4/12: 148
6/18/12: 146, twice in 3 days, so my official new low
6/26/12: 147.5
Today, 7/2/12: 145

Pounds Lost in 2 months: 9

Inches Lost in 2 months...
Chest: 1.0"
Waist: 2.75"
Hips: 3.0"
Each Thigh: 1.75"
Each calf: 1.0"

I have been up and down the same 5 pounds over and over since about mid May. I finally had one pound less than my lowest in six weeks, so I am running with it as my new baseline. I am working out a bit and I seem to see more muscle definition, AND more and more of my clothes are fitting more comfortably. I did see smaller numbers on the tape measure today, first time in 2 weeks. I am trying to get the mindset of liking how I look and feel more than relying on a scale number. This is not an easy thing for me.

Advice for the Newbie...don't put too much faith in a scale number, and don't be too hard on yourself.

Can't wait to see all your good reports!!

Lost 3 pounds from Jan 1 2012 til April 30 2012 by "eating healthy", LC, etc...
Lost 12 pounds from May 1 2012 til September 1 2012 with JUDDD

Down and Up 10-15# every year since 2000 with VLC, semi LC and Carb Cycling
Anticipating forever success with JUDDD!!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hikergurl
Stats: 5'11" 208/162/165
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/31/11
I started JUDDD on Saturday, but I've been doing extensive reading of these forums for the last couple weeks while finishing my 4th round of HCG. I'm so excited to be here! I truly think this is a WOE that I can follow for life. And everyone here has been SOOOO welcoming and helpful. I really appreciate your patience and guidance as I have a million questions and tend to freak out easily

First UD netted me a 4.4lb gain. My first DD yesterday had me drop 2.4 of those, but I'm still up from my last HCG weigh-in. Hopefully that scale will continue to bounce downward.
hikergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
I'm still here, just not posting very much

I did not get in all my calories yesterday for UD (about 300 short) but am on target for today @ 226 through lunch. I hope to have a good weigh day tomorrow morning!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #36

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Great to see this thread building. You will need a few rotations to see are real trend. Patience is the key.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cynthm
Stats: 5'7". 165/151.8/135
WOE: JUDDD/HCG
Start Date: 06/24/2012 JUDDD; 7/30/12 HCG
Thanks for the great advice about looking at ALL your DD numbers, Heather! I was just feeling exactly the way you described, in the sense that most of my DDs have been too high, and I was worried I was blowing it, or would really soon. (Only on my 2nd week of JUDDD) This is fabulous advice for my peace of mind, and I'm going to put a stickie with all my DD numbers on the fridge, so I can see my "range" right in front of my face! The hunger monster attacked yesterday and I ate 850 cals on my DD, but when I look at the calculator, that's about maintenance level, so I feel bettter now.
cynthm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: babybella
Stats: 193/180/160 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
Hello Juddd Buds!

I'm giving this another try (started Jan 1st, lost 11 lbs in 5 weeks, then derailed for the next 6 months). I recently retired from the Navy, so there was a lot going on which prevented me from doing proper up and down days.

I'm hoping my new lifestyle makes it easier to follow JUDDD since I'll have more time for food prep and shopping. I'm pretty excited that this time I'll stick to it and reach goal!!
babybella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/118/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
Week 2 Newbie here! Yesterday was a complete bust but today is UD for me, so it will soften the cushion of yesterday's fall.

I think my biggest problem is eating with my DH because he is fructose intolerant. He is also a very picky eater and we eat out nearly every meal because he doesn't like food smells in the house. In a nutshell, we eat at McD's at least once a day. I was just on their website and found a couple of things I can eat on DD, which are 4 McNuggets and apple slices. I would have not been able to eat these on low carb!
Hi Anne!

We too go to McD's a bit too often at times

Here is what I have that is a bit low in calories:

McDouble - with no cheese, ordered with pickles only ( I put on the catsup )
calories is 340

McChicken, no mayo - 310 calories

Fish Sandwich - no mayo 290 calories

Small french fries - 1/2 order 115 calories

Ice cream cone, regular size - 150 calories

Sausage McMuffin, no cheese 320 calories

Mostly order off the Dollar menu, I do wonder about the ice cream cone

Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LindaD
Stats: First time 300/190/160 10/24/2000
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Start JUDDD 6/25/12 254.5/220.5/200
Just starting my 2nd week and am really excited about how I am feeling.
I know many of you can relate...but I am almost afraid to eat up to my calories on UDs. I know it's the old dieting mentality, but I really need to get over it! LOL
I really thank you all for the great encouragement and information....I am reading, reading, reading.
I am not technical at all...so all the formulations are lost on me, but I understand the concept of the DDs and the UDs so that's all I really need to know, I guess.
Thanks again and I plan on sticking around...so get used to seeing me here.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Thank you Leonak. I need to make myself a sticky note on my phone! Today was DD and I came in at 411, which is gratifying! Typing on my phone now which is cumbersome, so this won't be lengthy. Have a good night.
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
to all the new JUDDD buds and those returning! I'm not able to get on here as much this summer but just wanted to say welcome and enjoy the JUDDD journey. You are on your way to the weight you want and better health.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
Welcome to all the new JUDDDers! Good luck to you all and remember, no question is dumb! Sometimes I felt silly posting a question, but unlike other forums, the people here really do care about our concerns/trials.
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 177.8/150.2/145
WOE: Calorie Counting
BaileysGirl, LCBubs, and Hikergurl and other Newbies. I can't keep up with so many new ones. I'm so glad you're doing JUDDD and sure you'll succeed. I love it!

CactusRose - Wonderful post as usual. Keep posting. I always look forward to reading your posts. Showing your journey is helpful to others. You know, I'm encouraged by people that are losing fast, but maybe more so by the slow and steady ones, the ones that keep at it when they stall. Cause that's me! So I don't feel like something's wrong with me.

[/B][quote=hikergurl;15769731] I really appreciate your patience and guidance as I have a million questions and tend to freak out easily
(I didn't paste this right.

Hikergurl - I read so many threads when I started I've never had one question. Then I bought the book. JUDDD is so simple, and we're not use to that. Here's a good thread - IT'S SO SIMPLE....REALLY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthm View Post
Thanks for the great advice about looking at ALL your DD numbers, Heather! I was just feeling exactly the way you described, in the sense that most of my DDs have been too high, and I was worried I was blowing it, or would really soon. (Only on my 2nd week of JUDDD) This is fabulous advice for my peace of mind, and I'm going to put a stickie with all my DD numbers on the fridge, so I can see my "range" right in front of my face! The hunger monster attacked yesterday and I ate 850 cals on my DD, but when I look at the calculator, that's about maintenance level, so I feel bettter now.
Cynthm - So happy you understand how helpful that is! I learned it from other JUDDDers that posted it. It's so helpful emotionally, right? Oh, forgot to add - some JUDDDers started DDs at 700+ calories because they knew they couldn't do JUDDD any other way, and they succeeded and are at maintenance. Again, start with the given UD/DD numbers and do what you gotta do to succeed - just don't throw up your hands and QUIT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybella View Post
Hello Juddd Buds!

I'm giving this another try (started Jan 1st, lost 11 lbs in 5 weeks, then derailed for the next 6 months). I'm pretty excited that this time I'll stick to it and reach goal!!
Yeah Babybella!!! That was alot to lose in 5 weeks! Yes, what a great attitude that you want to stick with it to goal. So do I. We'll be on the maintenance thread someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Hi Anne!

We too go to McD's a bit too often at times

Mostly order off the Dollar menu, I do wonder about the ice cream cone

Leona
Leonak What are you talking??? That's soooo funny!!! The ice cream cone is the ONLY THING I EAT AT MCD's It's 150 calories. I keep telling my DH that some DD I'm going to go have 3 cones for bkfst, lunch and dinner for 450. I will too!!! You just watch me! I'm allowed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaD View Post
Just starting my 2nd week and am really excited about how I am feeling.
I know many of you can relate...but I am almost afraid to eat up to my calories on UDs. I know it's the old dieting mentality, but I really need to get over it! LOL
I really thank you all for the great encouragement and information....I am reading, reading, reading.
I am not technical at all...so all the formulations are lost on me, but I understand the concept of the DDs and the UDs so that's all I really need to know, I guess.
Thanks again and I plan on sticking around...so get used to seeing me here.
LindaD Welcome!!! I had the same mentality - afraid of food. Do you have Dr. J's book - page 244 addresses UD calories. Again, here's a good thread on how JUDDD is so simple - IT'S SO SIMPLE....REALLY!!

If you new guys want to, post on the July weigh in thread. It's fun to see each others progress there. You can see who joined around the same time you did. It's my favorite thread

Well - all that made me hungry. I'm gonna go eat.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:47 AM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nana2Six
Stats: 213.8/198.6/145-ish started Juddd at 200.2
WOE: mod LC, GF, JUDDD
Start Date: July 1, 2012
Hello! I've been reading the JUDDD forum posts for a couple of weeks and finally decided to stop being so shy and just post.

I'm Paula, I started weight loss efforts a couple of weeks ago with Atkins (second go around, lost real well with it a few years ago) but even though I had great weight loss I realized I could not keep it up as a lifestyle forever. So I started looking for a way to have more choices and I hope JUDDD is it!

I have to be gluten free and I plan to stay moderate low carb as that's what my body seems to want. Not sure how I'll do that as meats add so many calories I'm not sure I can hit my up day calories without going over. Guess I'll figure it out as I go along - all the yummy sounding recipes on the board will help with that I'm sure. Today is my first 'official' down day though I've been cutting calories drastically every other day for a week.

As I know from last time, if I weigh myself every day it will drive me crazy, so I will weigh once a week - hope that's ok?

Waiting for the book to arrive, hopefully today. I'm so excited to begin!
Nana2Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:58 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hopefulsweigh
Stats: 155/149/139
Start Date: JUDDD restart - January 2014
to all the new JUDDD BUDDS.

Here is my advice, follow the plan, it works.

I was crying the blues after some weight gain earlier this week...3 of those 5 pounds have already disappeared.

JUDDD is forgiving! Keep following your rotations!

Press on and try to be the best you can TODAY!!!!
Hopefulsweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:13 AM   #47

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Welcome Paula. You can weigh however often you want or not at all. As for the LC/Moderate carb option, lots of people here do it and seem to do very well. If you find it's hard to stay in your UD calories with lots of meats, try leaner cuts. You can have a lot of chicken or fish for lower calories than a nice, juicy ribeye. Or eat less of the moderate carb options and load up on the no/little carb options. That's the beauty of JUDDD. You can eat however/whatever you like as long as you respect your calories.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:07 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: luvmyzoe
Today is the end of my second week on JUDDD, and I've gained two pounds!
Granted, I have added back carbs on my UD, so I know that it must be water weight. I'm finding the DDs to be fairly easy, as I am not hungry. But on the UD, I'm not really hungry either, but eat anyway because I know I need to get the calories in.

I know I need to be patient, but it's so hard especially when I read about everyone else's losses the first week! It's so tempting to try something else, but I want to give this a fair shot!

Just looking for some encouragement here!! Thanks so much!!
Grace
luvmyzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyzoe View Post
Granted, I have added back carbs on my UD, so I know that it must be water weight. I'm finding the DDs to be fairly easy, as I am not hungry. But on the UD, I'm not really hungry either, but eat anyway because I know I need to get the calories in.

I know I need to be patient, but it's so hard especially when I read about everyone else's losses the first week! It's so tempting to try something else, but I want to give this a fair shot!

Grace
Grace - I remember your previous post. You were on Hcg and Paleo - eating pretty low cal and clean. I know adding carbs back can cause gain, and the salty Chinese food, etc., but 2 weeks? I would be discouraged. Good you asked for help. Some hcger's may chime in. But first - what are your UD/DD calories? Do you get any exercise? Lots of sun and salt make me gain. Are you close to goal, with little to lose? But, YOU WILL LOSE - or you'll be the only one I'll see that hasn't. I admire your hanging in there. Someone will come up with some ideas to help you out. But first maybe give us more info on your stats?
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana2Six View Post
Hello! I've been reading the JUDDD forum posts for a couple of weeks and finally decided to stop being so shy and just post.

I'm Paula, I started weight loss efforts a couple of weeks ago with Atkins (second go around, lost real well with it a few years ago) but even though I had great weight loss I realized I could not keep it up as a lifestyle forever. So I started looking for a way to have more choices and I hope JUDDD is it!

I have to be gluten free and I plan to stay moderate low carb as that's what my body seems to want. Not sure how I'll do that as meats add so many calories I'm not sure I can hit my up day calories without going over. Guess I'll figure it out as I go along - all the yummy sounding recipes on the board will help with that I'm sure. Today is my first 'official' down day though I've been cutting calories drastically every other day for a week.

As I know from last time, if I weigh myself every day it will drive me crazy, so I will weigh once a week - hope that's ok?

Waiting for the book to arrive, hopefully today. I'm so excited to begin!
Paula - Love your attitude! I'm excited for you too! I remember my first day, I felt the same way. I'd read gobs of threads and could hardly wait. I remember my first UD, I felt like I was sinning. I'd been on low cal and lc for soooo long. If you want to, post your progress on the July weigh in thread. It's fun to see each other's charts going down and their comments. You'll love JUDDD

P.S. - Oh, and the book coming today? I LOVED the book. Some take issue with some of it. So take what you need and leave the rest. Info on SIRT1 and FAQ were valuable IMHO.

Last edited by Heather; 07-03-2012 at 06:49 AM..
Old 07-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulsweigh View Post
to all the new JUDDD BUDDS.

Here is my advice, follow the plan, it works.

I was crying the blues after some weight gain earlier this week...3 of those 5 pounds have already disappeared.

JUDDD is forgiving! Keep following your rotations!

Press on and try to be the best you can TODAY!!!!
Grace - Sounds like you're feeling better, being so encouraging to others

I was looking at the weigh in thread and saw that 2 lb loss that the Whoosh Fairy blessed you with! Wow - Happy Happy for you!!!

Last edited by Heather; 07-03-2012 at 07:40 AM..
Old 07-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Hi Heather,

I am 48 years old, 5'7" tall and 172 lbs. I would like to get down to 140-145lbs, but may be happy at 150lbs.

I up until last week, I had not eaten wheat or bread or grains in a year. I did have some bread and wheat this last two weeks, though. Today, I woke up with hives all over, so I think I need to stay away from gluten. Darn!

I just started P90x again this morning. It was about a year ago that I did it, so my exercise has been virtually nonexistent since then. I've been lifting weights and working out since I was 20 years old. I have a lot of muscle, but never been able to get rid of that fat layer! I am on BHRT and feel pretty good, except I wish I could lose these 20 or so pounds!

Grace
Old 07-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Heather,

I am 48 years old, 5'7" tall and 172 lbs. I would like to get down to 140-145lbs, but may be happy at 150lbs.

I up until last week, I had not eaten wheat or bread or grains in a year. I did have some bread and wheat this last two weeks, though. Today, I woke up with hives all over, so I think I need to stay away from gluten. Darn!

I just started P90x again this morning. It was about a year ago that I did it, so my exercise has been virtually nonexistent since then. I've been lifting weights and working out since I was 20 years old. I have a lot of muscle, but never been able to get rid of that fat layer! I am on BHRT and feel pretty good, except I wish I could lose these 20 or so pounds!

Grace
I'm kinda stumped. So hoping someone will chime in - Dawn and others - Where arrrrrrrrrre you?
But again - what are your UD/DD calories? I got 1579/316 - correct? Are you tracking your calories? I read your previous posts looking for clues. Only thing that came to mind was that. Are you going over 1,600 UD? 500 DD is okay. But the hives and the BHRT - maybe that plays in. Also, you're not alone, there's been people who stalled per the scale for a month I think and were losing inches. Keep track of your inches - better yet a pair of tight pants to gage. You need SOMETHING to motivate you till you get a swoosh. BUT YOU WILL LOSE, so stay with it so I can tell you, "I told you so." Maybe I'll think of something else later.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #54

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:

Grace
This is it exactly. There's no mystery. When you add back carbs, you gain water weight. That's an irrefutable truth. Heather ran your numbers, and if they are accurate, just make sure you're following them, weighing and measuring your foods so you're sure you're keeping to the limits. Just know anything you lose from this point on is fat, not water.

Also, I don't know much about BHRT, but I have heard it can cause weight gain or difficulty losing. Have you been on it long? If it's fairly new, that could be part of the issue too.

Hang in there. I have faith this will work for you. It's the only thing that's worked this long and this consistently for me.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
I'm kinda stumped. So hoping someone will chime in - Dawn and others - Where arrrrrrrrrre you?
But again - what are your UD/DD calories? I got 1579/316 - correct? Are you tracking your calories? I read your previous posts looking for clues. Only thing that came to mind was that. Are you going over 1,600 UD? 500 DD is okay. But the hives and the BHRT - maybe that plays in. Also, you're not alone, there's been people who stalled per the scale for a month I think and were losing inches. Keep track of your inches - better yet a pair of tight pants to gage. You need SOMETHING to motivate you till you get a swoosh. BUT YOU WILL LOSE, so stay with it so I can tell you, "I told you so." Maybe I'll think of something else later.
I am not trying to second guess you but since those numbers are pretty much what mine are for 152 pounds and I am 5'7" but older, I checked to be sure I wasn't cheating myself.

I got 358/1792 with 20% weightloss and no exercise option. (48 years, 5'7", 172 pounds).
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #56
Junior LCF Member

I wasn't keeping track of my UD calories, but am making sure that I don't go over 500 cals on DD. I will make an effort to calculate the UDs too, just to make sure that I am hitting right cals.

thanks all for you help!
Grace
Old 07-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Stats: 227/175/? 5'8"
Start Date: started JUDDD 3/22/2012
Quote:
I wasn't keeping track of my UD calories, but am making sure that I don't go over 500 cals on DD. I will make an effort to calculate the UDs too, just to make sure that I am hitting right cals.

thanks all for you help!
Grace
We need a disparate, WIDE spread of calories from day to day with JUDDD. That is the key.

Many people have found when they only estimate calories for UD, they estimate too low, sometimes WAY too low. When we aren't taking in enough on our UD it does not help us, many times it hinders us. It does me, for a fact.

Count the calories for your UD and eat as close to that number as you can get. I wouldn't be surprised to find out you haven't been getting enough to eat.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I got 358/1792 with 20% weightloss and no exercise option. (48 years, 5'7", 172 pounds).
Adi - Whoopsi!!! Thank goodness you checked! You are absolutely correct - 1792/358. Thanks for checking - I did it too fast.

Quote:

Grace
Grace - Just got back from my morning walk. I love to walk alone, no talking, sunshine and air clears my thinking - I thought, "I just know in my gut Grace isn't counting her UD calories." (I read between the lines re the hot fudge sundae and Chinese food and all with no mention of calorie count, but wasn't sure of course.) Anyways, you'll do great. Keep us updated.

Oh, and see Adi's post? Correct UD is 1792 and DD 358.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 154/147/130 - 5'4", Age: 52, Highest:178
WOE: JUDDD 1850/700 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD 4/30/12, LC and Carb Cycling 2002-2011
The fun thing about counting calories on an UD??? More cals needed to get to my #??? A glass or two of wine is in order, or ice cream! MY choice. And NO guilt either!! And I am still losing, pounds slowly, but lots of inches!

Grace, be patient. I have been bouncing on the scale for the past 6 weeks, but clothes are MUCH looser. Give this WOE a chance, you are gonna love it!!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
This is it exactly. There's no mystery. When you add back carbs, you gain water weight. That's an irrefutable truth.
Dawn - Thanks for the helpful post. I thought of you first. Have to say, and I must be the ONLY one - I came off of lc, 5 to 10 carbs a day (6 weeks) and dove face first into 95% carbs on JUDDD and lost from first DD on. No water weight retention at all. I must be the exception to the rule, because EVERYONE else seems to post just the opposite experience as you're saying. So I don't recommend adding carbs fast of course! Just saying - convinces me of how bodies can react so differently. My body seems to thrive on full menu of complex healthy carbs - strength, energy, mental attitude. And yet others need lc WOE with JUDDD and feel so much better with lc. Whatever works!